Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

[Locked] Johnson needs to be nerfed

OP CODEMONKEY117

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I just played a match where 10 mantis units took out 20 of my level 3 banshees with plasma torpedoes. I get the mantis is an all around vehicle type but the power behind them is so OP it has come to the point that if you see someone as Johnson the match is automatically in their favor.
But banshees are WAY faster.
Run away and hit a base?

Or

Let him overcharge his units and after that you can drop a good deal of a mech army with offensive leader powers on account of the mechs being so slow.
Looking at the game you played the Johnson player had a mix of Mantis as well as marines. The YapYap player as well had a decent amount of heavy grunts and air themselves. I'm not sure how the engagement actually went, but from looking at the numbers - there were quite a bit of infantry which deal with air quite well. If the mantis as well had target designators - then you would get hurt even faster because of the debuff applied. I'm assuming a mac or 2 from Johnson came into the mix as well which in turn would wipe out the air quite well.

Overall - I think there was more at play then just Mantis vs Air, but we can take a look potentially. This is the first I have heard of anyone saying Mantis vs. air being a problem as the majority of discussions have surrounded Mantis being quite underwhelming thus far. The win rate data and units built data surrounding this theory as well supports those claims.

Regardless - we can investigate them to see if something odd is happening between the ground to air interaction.
<blockquote class="box-quote" data-username="NoGTsWereLeft" data-postid="5">
<p>Never thought I’d hear somebody say Johnson is op</p>
</blockquote>
<p>You beat me to it.</p>
uhm, whats with all the code-y stuff?
I have absolutely no idea.
Johnson is op. His remote sensors let him see the entire map! Colossus move too fast. They should be stationary units. My opponent can drop infinite bunkers on me! Why do they cost 0 population? They should be at least 13 pop per bunker. Why would digging in make buildings free? That’s so powerful, people get that ability so early in the match they can just take complete map control and I have no where left to build! His hero has a Jetpack and can strafing run my bases like Decimus banshees! I’m so sick of this brok yoink. I’m sueing 343 for putting this broke-yoink leader in the game.
I had legitimately hoped this would've been his leader ability when the image of him in the suit leaked. Oh, and don't forget the tactical nuke that blows up your entire base when his hero dies near it ;)
AYF 001 wrote:
Johnson is op. His remote sensors let him see the entire map! Colossus move too fast. They should be stationary units. My opponent can drop infinite bunkers on me! Why do they cost 0 population? They should be at least 13 pop per bunker. Why would digging in make buildings free? That’s so powerful, people get that ability so early in the match they can just take complete map control and I have no where left to build! His hero has a Jetpack and can strafing run my bases like Decimus banshees! I’m so sick of this brok yoink. I’m sueing 343 for putting this broke-yoink leader in the game.
I had legitimately hoped this would've been his leader ability when the image of him in the suit leaked. Oh, and don't forget the tactical nuke that blows up your entire base when his hero dies near it ;)
True story. Johnson could've been the only hero to turn into flight mode. How sweet that could have been. Also that episode of Halo Legends is so anime its funny.
He's not that powerful.
Don't plasma torpedoes only target air?
AYF 001 wrote:
True story. Johnson could've been the only hero to turn into flight mode. How sweet that could have been. Also that episode of Halo Legends is so anime its funny.
I imagined it more like a weaker/faster recharging version of Spartan Slam. You can jump onto vehicles, but instead of taking over, you plant a det charge and jump off (probably back to where you launched off from, in order to avoid falling in pits when destroying air vehicles). Against infantry, he would plant the charge where he lands/stuns, and it blows up a few seconds later.
AYF 001 wrote:
AYF 001 wrote:
I imagined it more like a weaker/faster recharging version of Spartan Slam. You can jump onto vehicles, but instead of taking over, you plant a det charge and jump off (probably back to where you launched off from, in order to avoid falling in pits when destroying air vehicles). Against infantry, he would plant the charge where he lands/stuns, and it blows up a few seconds later.
If they did this and used the animation for that skull that causes a nuke to go off on hero deaths. That'd be lit.
I agree, Johnson is op. The bunker stun locks enemies, and the radius is the size of his mac blast that he conviently follows up with wipes armies. as if the cooldown wasnt short already, digging in further reduces it. Dont get me started on free pads at the start of the match, much more op than launch rolling eco
I agree, Johnson is op. The bunker stun locks enemies, and the radius is the size of his mac blast that he conviently follows up with wipes armies. as if the cooldown wasnt short already, digging in further reduces it. Dont get me started on free pads at the start of the match, much more op than launch rolling eco
I also agree his ultimate leaderpower is the most broken ability in the whole game, while his turret drops even best Forge permanent vetran codiak drop.
Even worse is his healing beacon with a 2 sek cooldown and the 50 suplly colossi which just takes 1/2 pop.
His Hero is insane, he gets so much veteranc that he knows what the ladys like and he has the ability to return from the dead for a small amount of energy and supply.
The worst is his Macblast which boosts his mech like 20 minutes and oneshots 3 bases at once
I also agree his ultimate leaderpower is the most broken ability in the whole game, while his turret drops even best Forge permanent vetran codiak drop.
Even worse is his healing beacon with a 2 sek cooldown and the 50 suplly colossi which just takes 1/2 pop.
His Hero is insane, he gets so much veteranc that he knows what the ladys like and he has the ability to return from the dead for a small amount of energy and supply.
The worst is his Macblast which boosts his mech like 20 minutes and oneshots 3 bases at once
Seems legit.
As a Johnson main I m glad to hear he is op, but no, just no.... I would love to see his Mantises LVL 3 upgrade giving them a additional 5 % dmg and health, so they can compete super lategame...
Even the Shi(t)pmaster is more op than Johnson right now... hell 3/4 of the whole cast is stronger than Johnson right now.
No...just no..
He already has the best T3 Vehicle unit in the game.
As a Johnson main I m glad to hear he is op, but no, just no.... I would love to see his Mantises LVL 3 upgrade giving them a additional 5 % dmg and health, so they can compete super lategame...
Even the Shi(t)pmaster is more op than Johnson right now... hell 3/4 of the whole cast is stronger than Johnson right now.
No...just no..
And the slowest , most expensive, highest pop slowest build T3 unit.
No...just no..
Colossus are faster then Grizzlies
They cost 750-120, Grizzlies are 900-140
Colossus are 9, Grizzlies are 10.
You clearly dont know your stuff
No...just no..
Someone clearly isn't aware of how strong Colossus are 🌚🌚
No...just no..
Someone clearly isn't aware of how strong Colossus are 🌚🌚
I'm guessing you mean me?
If so I'm aware they beat just about everything in a death ball with some Wolverines and Gales.
Lol Johnson is very hard to play with up until mid T2. Like depeneding on the level, the position of your first base, 2v2 or 3v3.... you really have to balence between offense, defense, and quick teching

Serina and Jerome are Johnson's kriptonite I swear.

That being said.... a max population of T3 mantis with those nerf lasers can take out pretty much anything. Love em

If I understand correctly.. for every laser thats painted a target equals a nerf... do the math
IxJeddeyxI wrote:
no...
Agreed, looked at OP like he was about glass a planet with that nerf Johnson statement.
I'm using the wrong Johnson... What DLC is this?
Johnson is fine, the only probably he has is super massed mantis's, I've personally lost 20 Hunters to a mantis swarm and the mantis barely even broke a sweat (the hunters had the beam and infantry lvl 3). They can be a little ridiculous with the mech overcharge especially but other than that he's fine.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3