Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Johnson's Bunkers

OP LZN Trooper

I think it be great if Marines in bunkers could make repairs to nearby vehicles or buildings. Currently they cant, what do yall think?
I don't even see the point in it. I would love it to act as a make shift garrison, but all it does is house troops. What is the point in that if is gets easily taken out.
I don't even see the point in it. I would love it to act as a make shift garrison, but all it does is house troops. What is the point in that if is gets easily taken out.
I have only faced a Johnson like 3 times, have not noticed if they shoot or not... do the troops shoot while inside of it or do they just stand (edit) in there until it gets destroyed? Sounds pretty weaksauce if they don't fire out of it like a garrison.
DA Cleric wrote:
I have only faced a Johnson like 3 times, have not noticed if they shoot or not... do the troops shoot while inside of it or do they just stand there until it gets destroyed? Sounds pretty weaksauce if they don't fire out of it like a garrison.
You can garrison them in it. They do nothing as far as I have noticed.
DA Cleric wrote:
I have only faced a Johnson like 3 times, have not noticed if they shoot or not... do the troops shoot while inside of it or do they just stand there until it gets destroyed? Sounds pretty weaksauce if they don't fire out of it like a garrison.
So once the troops go in, they don't shoot until they leave the bunker or it gets destroyed? What is the point?
DA Cleric wrote:
I have only faced a Johnson like 3 times, have not noticed if they shoot or not... do the troops shoot while inside of it or do they just stand (edit) in there until it gets destroyed? Sounds pretty weaksauce if they don't fire out of it like a garrison.
They shoot while inside the bunker. Doesn't mean three flame throwers can't just walk up and kill it in a half second though.
Omni Sweep wrote:
DA Cleric wrote:
They shoot while inside the bunker. Doesn't mean three flame throwers can't just walk up and kill it in a half second though.
Thanks man. Yeah, I have no problem killing those bunkers usually, so I have not really noticed them do much of anything. Appreciate the info though!
DA Cleric wrote:
Omni Sweep wrote:
DA Cleric wrote:
Thanks man. Yeah, I have no problem killing those bunkers usually, so I have not really noticed them do much of anything. Appreciate the info though!
You most definitely can shoot out of them. They areally Very effective in an early game.rush, and that's it.
DA Cleric wrote:
Oh they fire alright, put a sniper in it and it will shoot sniper bullets, same with hellbringers, cyclopses and regular infantry or even heroes. My buddies and I hero rushed with the bunker and the other team was so taken by surprise we ended up putting them way behind.
Whatever unit you put in it that projectile will come out and yes a sniper cyclopses and marine can all be in there and it will shoot those projectiles and yes teammates can go in the bunker too, it has its advantages and disadvantages.
It be useful if you drop a bunker next to artillery, station 4 squads of marines to deal damage to any aircraft nearby and repair any minuet damage dealt to the artillery.
It has other probable uses, but I think it'll just help the artillery unit's survivability since I place them in remote areas.
So the bunker itself is treated as an infantry unit?
yeah it adds 3 to your the population cap
TBHI dont see the point of it