Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

Lazy randoms

OP VulruinDrokhan

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I’m just tired of randoms that only do one thing. Like, play as Anders = only sentinels, Forge = only grizzles, Johnson = only mantis’. No early game or team support, just tech, build up army, attack, destroyed, repeat. It’s ridiculous how many people will continue to pump out air against AA. Baffles me.
That reminds me of a match I played, it was a 2v2, enemy rushed out Grizzlies and Sentinels, ally was killed at the 20 minute mark, Enemy Forge DCed at the 35 minute mark. Enemy Anders kept attacking with only Air, and at the 50 minute mark I pushed out with an army of Reavers and Locusts. At the 53 minute mark had the situation reversed where he only had one base. That’s when he decided to make some anti-vehicle but it was already to late. Got over 300 kills that match.
Nice, way to make em think twice about going monotone with their units lol
Yeah you would think that having complete map control and being able to out produce your enemy entirely would make you have an army with a little bit of everything make it harder for your enemy to counter due to the fact they can’t keep up with your production rate and unit amount, but noooo Sentinel Spam is the only waaaayyy because reasons! It honestly is kinda sad that people don’t try and adapt to defeat their enemy, they only rush headlong and hope they win against a foe who’s built his army to counter theirs.
I hear ya, I think that's why I don't usually lose my matches, I try to make as divers a force as possible
For example
2 marine squads
2 hell bringers
4 cyclopes
2 warthogs
2 wolverines
2 Kodiak's
2 scorpions
4 hornets
3 nightingales(usually 2)
2 vultures
Hero unit

I don't usually roll out with a condor because... Idk I just don't really care for them
"Doesn't Usually Lose"
*has a 45% W/L and less than 100 games total*

45% is technically 'losses more often than not'
I’m just tired of randoms that only do one thing. Like, play as Anders = only sentinels, Forge = only grizzles, Johnson = only mantis’. No early game or team support, just tech, build up army, attack, destroyed, repeat. It’s ridiculous how many people will continue to pump out air against AA. Baffles me.
That reminds me of a match I played, it was a 2v2, enemy rushed out Grizzlies and Sentinels, ally was killed at the 20 minute mark, Enemy Forge DCed at the 35 minute mark. Enemy Anders kept attacking with only Air, and at the 50 minute mark I pushed out with an army of Reavers and Locusts. At the 53 minute mark had the situation reversed where he only had one base. That’s when he decided to make some anti-vehicle but it was already to late. Got over 300 kills that match.
Nice, way to make em think twice about going monotone with their units lol
Yeah you would think that having complete map control and being able to out produce your enemy entirely would make you have an army with a little bit of everything make it harder for your enemy to counter due to the fact they can’t keep up with your production rate and unit amount, but noooo Sentinel Spam is the only waaaayyy because reasons! It honestly is kinda sad that people don’t try and adapt to defeat their enemy, they only rush headlong and hope they win against a foe who’s built his army to counter theirs.
I hear ya, I think that's why I don't usually lose my matches, I try to make as divers a force as possible
For example
2 marine squads
2 hell bringers
4 cyclopes
2 warthogs
2 wolverines
2 Kodiak's
2 scorpions
4 hornets
3 nightingales(usually 2)
2 vultures
Hero unit

I don't usually roll out with a condor because... Idk I just don't really care for them
"Doesn't Usually Lose"
*has a 45% W/L and less than 100 games total*

45% is technically 'losses more often than not'
Maybe he was talking about recently and his losses could have been from the past when this game was no were nere being as balanced as it is now?
add me if you want so you dont have to deal with randoms
Maybe people who build sentinals only (or a forgehog) are actually nostagic for the days they ruled the earth...

I frequently meet randoms that either...
- Do nothing an disconnect after a minute or two.
- Slowly build an army which stays in front of their base until max pop and then move it all towards the enemy base.
- Only build a scarab/condor.
- Build bases but no army.
- Disconnect at the first sign of danger.

Since HW is part of the game pass this happens more to me.
I don't know if its a lazy thing, but I don't understand why people will bring their whole army to a point, take it, then just leave it unguarded. It boggles me as I can just send a banshee and go take it and win the game. I can't count how man games I have won because I just have to go take an unprotected point.

Or that the enemy just charges one point constantly and keep dying, even though the other points are less defended...
I don't know if its a lazy thing, but I don't understand why people will bring their whole army to a point, take it, then just leave it unguarded. It boggles me as I can just send a banshee and go take it and win the game. I can't count how man games I have won because I just have to go take an unprotected point.

Or that the enemy just charges one point constantly and keep dying, even though the other points are less defended...
I've come across people like that too, no real strategy or tactics to speak of

Kind of boring with people like that...
I get them a lot when I play with my cousin in 3v3s. The guy gets attacked and then quits, then my cousin and I push them back and sometimes win. It gets me really mad when that happens. I mean, if my cousin and I are doing good, its fine, sometimes we can win a 2v3, but sometimes it's really hard because there are 3 people communicating or working well, and then there is us two trying to push them back. I am not sure if this game has a sort of punishment for people that leave games a lot, if not, I hope they implement one.
iKashikoi wrote:
I get them a lot when I play with my cousin in 3v3s. The guy gets attacked and then quits, then my cousin and I push them back and sometimes win. It gets me really mad when that happens. I mean, if my cousin and I are doing good, its fine, sometimes we can win a 2v3, but sometimes it's really hard because there are 3 people communicating or working well, and then there is us two trying to push them back. I am not sure if this game has a sort of punishment for people that leave games a lot, if not, I hope they implement one.
It counts as a loss
iKashikoi wrote:
It counts as a loss
I don't think losses would matter to those kinds of players lol.
The most common issue I see with randoms is people expanding without the an army to defend your bases.
I would suggest if you want to play more competitive games to form teams. There are lots of players that have large clubs to team up with. Halo Wars Nation is a big one. Omega Team is another. There's always the people from Breaking The Clutch that play regularly as well as Team Respawn.

I get wanting to win and play and be competitive, but you are rolling the dice going into a team game as a solo player.

Check out some of the groups above as they always have people looking to play. Who knows - you might meet some cool people to play with :)

Everyone is a random until you find your team :)
Postums wrote:
I would suggest if you want to play more competitive games to form teams. There are lots of players that have large clubs to team up with. Halo Wars Nation is a big one. Omega Team is another. There's always the people from Breaking The Clutch that play regularly as well as Team Respawn.

I get wanting to win and play and be competitive, but you are rolling the dice going into a team game as a solo player.

Check out some of the groups above as they always have people looking to play. Who knows - you might meet some cool people to play with :)

Everyone is a random until you find your team :)
K you would have better luck playing with randoms than Team Respawn
Must admit most games i tend to end up in i find that either players are not playing or they start building then just suddenly stop and then eventually quit or sometimes if i message them asking if they plan to join in they quit maybe its just me but seems ever since HW2 was added the Game Pass iIve noticed this happening
I'm being aTaCKeD bY ENeMy AiR uNItS

*quits*
ThIS Is A MIsTakE, BUt I'Ll dO iT AnYWay
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2