Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Leader power idea

OP cactusman82

Just for fun I was trying to think up different ideas for leader powers earlier and one struck me that seemed like a bit of fun.
It's a spartan drop, you call it in with a single reticle that has an arrow, so you're aiming a direction kind of like archer missiles. He drops in a odst pod and hits the ground running in the direction you pointed, he's armed with a pistol and a rocket launcher. You can't control him he just runs in the direction you pointed and engages enemies within range, but he doesn't deviate or stand to fight them. Just shoots whilst on the move, would obviously massacre infantry with his pistol and if there was vehicles he'd pull out his rockets. Wouldn't actually finish off something like a scorpion unless it stayed in range by trying to chase him, probably leave it in the red if it just sat there as he ran past. He wouldn't be a building killer either, would shoot at bases but he wouldn't hang around long enough to do any significant damage by himself.
He could also jack vehicles if they were directly in his path, but he wouldn't keep them, eject after 5 secs and blow it up then carry on on foot. Map terrain wouldn't be an obstacle, he'd grenade jump things. He would carry on until he was either killed or ran off the map, with much higher damage resistance than other spartans it would take a concerted effort to stop him. But as he's just running in a single direction and not stopping to engage you could just get out of his way. Think of him as a spartan on a speedrun, a bit of homage to the original games.
I'd love to see this in action. Hell, I always dreamed of having a Pelican gunship leader power that lets you summon 1-3 Pelicans(Based on upgrades) to strafe any enemies in it's flight path you gave it.

As for your speedrunning Spartan hijacking vehicles idea, I'd like him to use the enemy vehicle for 10 seconds instead of 5 since some vehicles have a low fire rate anyway. But this is super goofy and I love it.
Maybe have Voridus fart thick clouds of nasty muddy farts. It will expand in the air but it's super dense and thick that it falls to the floor and becomes the goo which is his normal ability. The only difference is that there will be a delay and a warning before his disgusting diarrhea taints the floor. You will hear wet fart noises and see the fart cloud appear and be able to avoid the liquid brute crap; which is so foul that it slows and damages anything that passes on it.

Sorry my imagination is running wild a bit lol.
Maybe have Voridus fart thick clouds of nasty muddy farts. It will expand in the air but it's super dense and thick that it falls to the floor and becomes the goo which is his normal ability. The only difference is that there will be a delay and a warning before his disgusting diarrhea taints the floor. You will hear wet fart noises and see the fart cloud appear and be able to avoid the liquid brute crap; which is so foul that it slows and damages anything that passes on it.

The best thinkers in the world think of things what people see as crazy or wild can make them reality, which in my opinion is a good philosophy, so stay imaginative.

The best thinkers in the world think of things what people see as crazy or wild can make them reality, which in my opinion is a good philosophy, so stay imaginative.
It would at least make me laugh instead of annoyed!

Very true. If my units were dying from OP farts, I would LMAO instead perish all thought proccess from anger. Love to play Yapyap because he is funny to have CF knock on enemies and your base entrance. I find the funniest moment is when his Goblin dies, the Grunt rider always jumps out just to watch the mech fall and crush him and it never gets old.

Very true. If my units were dying from OP farts, I would LMAO instead perish all thought proccess from anger. Love to play Yapyap because he is funny to have CF knock on enemies and your base entrance. I find the funniest moment is when his Goblin dies, the Grunt rider always jumps out just to watch the mech fall and crush him and it never gets old.
Yeah the crushing grunt was such a creative touch! I love the multiple lines from the cf, heavy grunts and brute riders.
And talking about the OP farts, extremely over powered farts, farts that are so foul and so grotesque that it even slows Voridus himself a bit.

Yeah the crushing grunt was such a creative touch! I love the multiple lines from the cf, heavy grunts and brute riders.
Yea a true Yap does not forget him. I have not used yap for several days to wait for his buff but he was too hard to quit on for humor. I might play him tonight now.
Oh and I almost forgot, to Voridus' ultimate leader power, it is completely reworked and different. His ax has a flamethrower option on the handle. He turns on the flame and farts to create a massive fart flame that does excellent damage within it's radius, but a little damage to himself, as the smell is dreadful and he gets a heat rash from such a large scale fart with his flamethrower ax. His diet explains his constantly upset stomach. It's tuna melts and sometimes a grunt who tried to run away becomes part of a his tuna melt sandwich. Not even a brute's stomach can tough that out, and the results are disastrous. Unggoys often die when walking directly behind him, even with the methane mask.
Oh and I almost forgot, to Voridus' ultimate leader power, it is completely reworked and different. His ax has a flamethrower option on the handle. He turns on the flame and farts to create a massive fart flame that does excellent damage within it's radius, but a little damage to himself, as the smell is dreadful and he gets a heat rash from such a large scale fart with his flamethrower ax. His diet explains his constantly upset stomach. It's tuna melts and sometimes a grunt who tried to run away becomes part of a his tuna melt sandwich. Not even a brute's stomach can tough that out, and the results are disastrous. Unggoys often die when walking directly behind him, even with the methane mask.
ahahaha you are crazy! Remember this isn't a south park game, but this had me laughing like crazy this morning!!

#GooGone

P.S. I wish I had a tenth of the imagination you have
I don't think it's that creative, just a humorous and fun way to handle this unpleasant leader. I was typing it in between double cheeseburgers 🍔.