Let's talk about Pavium

OP RockGENERATION

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5
My opinion and experiences with Pavium this meta. A few qualities I think about when I see a leader.(Hero, Unique units and/or buildings, and leader powers) These are the qualities that make each leader different so lets take a closer look into each of them.

Summery This is not a competitive leader and most defiantly not suited for 1v1. He has no unit vs unit potential AKA combat potential. Which leads to no Base killing potential later game. Also any leader without teleport has a mobility disadvantage. Please read to find out why.
  1. Hero Unit(Pavium) 350/275
  • Desonator Shells 0/300 - Increase Health and Damage, Grants Paint ability, Increases Heal drone
  • Advanced Desonator 0/450 - Increases Health and damage, Increases paints AoE, Increases Heal drone
  • Reflective Shield - 0/600 - Increases Health and damage, Reflect Damage, Increases Heal drone
So in my opinion most leaders aren't viable early game and this is one of them. The Armory is 100/100, the leader is 350/275, his upgrade is 0/300. This adds up to 450/700!
Now there are 3 things that stand out about Pavium (1) His power, He is stronger then Atriox. (2)The way he shoots. He can shoot 3 times if standing still and only one at a time when moving. Also you should note that he can only shoot at 180 degrees. Compared to Atriox who can shoot 270 degrees. (3) Speed. Pavium runs slower then a hunter which is slower then a grunt. Side note Atriox is faster then a grunt. Overall Atriox is a better support because of superior mobility, I compared these two because they were the similar in playstyle.
2. Unique units and/or buildings

• Mega Turrets are Okay for defense except they are easy to dodge and cannot hit air. (I don't recommend using this)
cost 150/150 and increases by 150/150 each time such as 1st turret 150/150 and 2nd 300/300...

3. Leader points in order
  • (Availability 1point) Mega Turret
  • (Availability 1point) Burnout - 75/25 This increases you resource rate by 66% Production Rate by 33% and Research Rate by 15%. Has a small radius able to cover 2 pads and base at level 1 and a 30sec duration. Burnout Level 2 - 150/50 increases you resource rate by 66% Production Rate by 33% and Research Rate by 15% slightly bigger raidus covering 4 pads with a 40sec duration. Burnout level 3 - 200/100 increases you resource rate by 66% Production Rate by 33% and Research Rate by 15% slightly bigger raidus covering all pads on the base with a 50sec duration.
  • (Availability 2ndpoint)Enduring will - level 1 275/85 Heals overtime and in my personal opinion isn't worth it. Most battles are won in a few seconds becuase the battle will go one way or another and a long period heal doesn't help.
  • (Availability 2ndpoint)Orbital AKA the lazy leader point. Level 1 0/50 and Level 2 0/100. There are scouts for this use your leader points on something useful
  • (Availability 3rdpoint) Reign of Fire This one I see a lot of discussion over. Make no mistake this Leader power does alot of damage but over time. It isn't good for unit vs unit combat because it doesn't deal it's damage fast enough. Level 1 350/300 can put base pads at 50% health duration of 7sec with a 1sec warning. Meaning your redicule shows up 1 sec before the beams start. Level 2 450/400 can put base pads at 35% health 1sec warning 10sec duration radius increased. Level 3 550/500 can put base pads under 20% health and has 1sec warning and 12sec duration with radius increased. I actually don't like this leader power for the fact of its useless unit vs unit unless you have outside help. Hurting a Base is cool but if your army is constantly being killed then its no help especially if they have fortifications or a shield.
  • (Availability 3rdpoint) Ultra Mines - This is Paviums best Leader power. This is the only leader power that does damage vs units in combat. Level 1 200/200, and level 2 330/330. These mines can kill 8 Tanks if you have fortify level 3but if shot before armed they won't even kill 1. meaning if your opponent is paying attention its almost useless they just run away and shoot from afar.
  • (Availability 4thpoint)Wraith invader - 380/100 and upgrade is 0/600. I'm skipping the just know it is useless
  • (Availability 4thpoint) Full Salvage - Some what useful yet again not for combat situations. Heals buildings over time similar to combat salvage but also gives full refunds for anything you self destruct.
  • (Availability 5thpoint) Paviums Stand - 300/300 Makes all structures invulnerable for 25sec
  • (Availability 5thpoint)Lich Vangard - This is another useless leader point in my opinion. 600/600 you get a flying scarab that does little to know damage similar to close air support except without the damage. also gives you a portal which you can build ground units from it and builds 33& faster then other production sites. Duration 2minutes
Very good observations and your descriptions are very accurate. I have to add, if this leader uses burnout and rushes with his slow butt at your base with other units; he can pack on the damage with his reign of fire ability on the base then continue to damage the buildings with his army.
Burnout is very good and useful but at the end of the day when your opponents runs at pavium with and unit with a gun(Grunts, Marines, Flamethrower...) he dies quickly and he cannot run because he is to slow. Just like I stated most of your army will/should be dead before you reach the base. also your 3rd point in 1v1 should be Mines not RoF.
yeah RoF is mostly good in terms of making your opponents flee or just extra base damage other than that you have to be real lucky to get a kill with it
If you want to win as Pavium, you invest everything into burn out. Forget the other powers, proper use of burn out will give you so much cash you won't know what to do with it.

When you get burn out III, always make sure it hits 7 resource buildings.
Pavium is just okay. Still going to get nerfed into the ground because he is OP vs noobs.
My opinion and experiences with Pavium this meta. A few qualities I think about when I see a leader.(Hero, Unique units and/or buildings, and leader powers) These are the qualities that make each leader different so lets take a closer look into each of them.

Summery This is not a competitive leader and most defiantly not suited for 1v1. He has no unit vs unit potential AKA combat potential. Which leads to no Base killing potential later game. Also any leader without teleport has a mobility disadvantage. Please read to find out why.
  • Desonator Shells 0/300 - Increase Health and Damage, Grants Paint ability, Increases Heal drone
  • Advanced Desonator 0/450 - Increases Health and damage, Increases paints AoE, Increases Heal drone
  • Reflective Shield - 0/600 - Increases Health and damage, Reflect Damage, Increases Heal drone
So in my opinion most leaders aren't viable early game and this is one of them. The Armory is 100/100, the leader is 350/275, his upgrade is 0/300. This adds up to 450/700!
Now there are 3 things that stand out about Pavium (1) His power, He is stronger then Atriox. (2)The way he shoots. He can shoot 3 times if standing still and only one at a time when moving. Also you should note that he can only shoot at 180 degrees. Compared to Atriox who can shoot 270 degrees. (3) Speed. Pavium runs slower then a hunter which is slower then a grunt. Side note Atriox is faster then a grunt. Overall Atriox is a better support because of superior mobility, I compared these two because they were the similar in playstyle.

• Mega Turrets are Okay for defense except they are easy to dodge and cannot hit air. (I don't recommend using this)
cost 150/150 and increases by 150/150 each time such as 1st turret 150/150 and 2nd 300/300...

• (Availability 1point) Burnout - 75/25 This increases you resource rate by 66% Production Rate by 33% and Research Rate by 15%. Has a small radius able to cover 2 pads and base at level 1 and a 30sec duration. Burnout Level 2 - 150/50 increases you resource rate by 66% Production Rate by 33% and Research Rate by 15% slightly bigger raidus covering 4 pads with a 40sec duration. Burnout level 3 - 200/100 increases you resource rate by 66% Production Rate by 33% and Research Rate by 15% slightly bigger raidus covering all pads on the base with a 50sec duration.
  • (Availability 2ndpoint)Enduring will - level 1 275/85 Heals overtime and in my personal opinion isn't worth it. Most battles are won in a few seconds becuase the battle will go one way or another and a long period heal doesn't help.
  • (Availability 2ndpoint)Orbital AKA the lazy leader point. Level 1 0/50 and Level 2 0/100. There are scouts for this use your leader points on something useful
  • (Availability 3rdpoint) Reign of Fire This one I see a lot of discussion over. Make no mistake this Leader power does alot of damage but over time. It isn't good for unit vs unit combat because it doesn't deal it's damage fast enough. Level 1 350/300 can put base pads at 50% health duration of 7sec with a 1sec warning. Meaning your redicule shows up 1 sec before the beams start. Level 2 450/400 can put base pads at 35% health 1sec warning 10sec duration radius increased. Level 3 550/500 can put base pads under 20% health and has 1sec warning and 12sec duration with radius increased. I actually don't like this leader power for the fact of its useless unit vs unit unless you have outside help. Hurting a Base is cool but if your army is constantly being killed then its no help especially if they have fortifications or a shield.
  • (Availability 3rdpoint) Ultra Mines - This is Paviums best Leader power. This is the only leader power that does damage vs units in combat. Level 1 200/200, and level 2 330/330. These mines can kill 8 Tanks if you have fortify level 3but if shot before armed they won't even kill 1. meaning if your opponent is paying attention its almost useless they just run away and shoot from afar.
  • (Availability 4thpoint)Wraith invader - 380/100 and upgrade is 0/600. I'm skipping the just know it is useless
  • (Availability 4thpoint) Full Salvage - Some what useful yet again not for combat situations. Heals buildings over time similar to combat salvage but also gives full refunds for anything you self destruct.
  • (Availability 5thpoint) Paviums Stand - 300/300 Makes all structures invulnerable for 25sec
  • (Availability 5thpoint)Lich Vangard - This is another useless leader point in my opinion. 600/600 you get a flying scarab that does little to know damage similar to close air support except without the damage. also gives you a portal which you can build ground units from it and builds 33& faster then other production sites. Duration 2minutes
are u saying not recommending using mega turret because its a great leader power. so is orbital view thing, scouts die easily and there is no defense against the view, it even boosts damage when upgraded
So those Mines Pavium drops are like MOABs dropped in the midst of an army. They don't even seem to have to arm and they blow a gaping hole in an army. Last night my teammate dropped one on an army attacking his base, killed half the army... with a mine. It was like dropping a bomb that has no indicator and does insta damage. Cool when your teammate is Pavium, not cool when playing against Pavium. For such a cheap power (330/330 or 200/200) it packs a ton of damage! Maybe I missed when he put it down, but even he thought it was over the top mega strong. He commented that he dropped it in the middle of the attacking army and it killed everything it hit.
DA Cleric wrote:
So those Mines Pavium drops are like MOABs dropped in the midst of an army. They don't even seem to have to arm and they blow a gaping hole in an army. Last night my teammate dropped one on an army attacking his base, killed half the army... with a mine. It was like dropping a bomb that has no indicator and does insta damage. Cool when your teammate is Pavium, not cool when playing against Pavium. For such a cheap power (330/330 or 200/200) it packs a ton of damage! Maybe I missed when he put it down, but even he thought it was over the top mega strong. He commented that he dropped it in the middle of the attacking army and it killed everything it hit.
Mines are one of those things which are just far too effective at this point. Due to how quickly they arm and how much damage a single mine does they are on par, if not better, than most offensive leader powers. If the enemy army is distracted you can almost singlehandedly obliterate an army with a single mine. And that's just ONE mine. Pavium can have seven. I had an entire army of wraith and marauders wiped off the map by this ability. I just hope not as many people catch on to how good this ability can be.
people are complaining about mines now?
the mines are the only ability that pavium has the can effectively kill units and even with that they still take about 2 secs to arm and detonate. the lich hardly does damage, the RoF although is very strong it very easy to dodge since it's a over time damage.
LilBankz41 wrote:
the mines are the only ability that pavium has the can effectively kill units and even with that they still take about 2 secs to arm and detonate. the lich hardly does damage, the RoF although is very strong it very easy to dodge since it's a over time damage.
the lich great, it does more than just damage. it does enough damage
LilBankz41 wrote:
the lich great, it does more than just damage. it does enough damage
it does do damage but its a very Little amount but being able to spawn units from it makes up for that
Have you seen the nuke that is Paviums mines? This isn't the same as other leaders mines... his T3 mine drop though is amazing... when it is on your team... when going against it, you wonder what the heck just happened to half of your army. Apparently it drops a set of mines, so while it takes 2 seconds to arm, you cant kill all of the mines easily if you have commanded your forces to attack a base or enemy units... so in the middle of battle, the mines detonate without any warning and blow a giant hole in the middle of your forces. It is crazy how strong it is for how cheap the resources are. My friend just drops them in the middle of battle like a bomb and it rocks the enemy. Not sure if you have had this done to you, but it is pretty crazy for such a cheap power... oh and there is no warning it is coming like there is for the missle run, scatter bomb, hunters brand, laser light show, CAS, inferno, napalm missiles, eradication, etc.
DA Cleric wrote:
Have you seen the nuke that is Paviums mines? This isn't the same as other leaders mines... his T3 mine drop though is amazing... when it is on your team... when going against it, you wonder what the heck just happened to half of your army. Apparently it drops a set of mines, so while it takes 2 seconds to arm, you cant kill all of the mines easily if you have commanded your forces to attack a base or enemy units... so in the middle of battle, the mines detonate without any warning and blow a giant hole in the middle of your forces. It is crazy how strong it is for how cheap the resources are. My friend just drops them in the middle of battle like a bomb and it rocks the enemy. Not sure if you have had this done to you, but it is pretty crazy for such a cheap power... oh and there is no warning it is coming like there is for the missle run, scatter bomb, hunters brand, laser light show, CAS, inferno, napalm missiles, eradication, etc.
I do t remember it being op

i guy thats knows his numbers we need more people like you instead we have all these people using feelings instead of facts
lol wat facts. they are just numbers from a stranger
DA Cleric wrote:
I think we all went a little crazy about mines at first but with a little micro they are no big deal
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5