Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

[Locked] Let 'Volir: Make him important!

OP Volactic Milk

Halo Wars 2 is the first game I can actually admit that I love a new character... Halo Reach was the last time I could say this...

Halo 4 and 5 were awful to me, the story was completely trash, while Halo Wars 2 was honestly amazing.

People are trashing on it for the lack of cutscenes, but I do love the story being told throughout the game, and let's face it... The Codex is great and the dialogue during the missions are both interesting and helpful (Something Destiny fails at... Destiny also fails at story... huh... Ironic). Atriox, Decimus, and Let 'Volir are all very interesting characters, and Jerome-092 should just replace Locke and Firteam Osiris.

NOW, on to Let 'Volir. Volir is my favorite enemy and leader in Halo Wars 2... I love his unique yet familiar design, and I love his backstory... The cutscene he is in with Atriox shows that he is sort of uneasy when it comes to Atriox/Volir's relationship. 343i NEEDS TO BUILD ON THIS.

Jul 'Mdama was a well built character that was killed in the first 10 minutes of Halo 5 by a pansy Spartain named Locke... If this happens with Atriox/Volir, it will most likely anger the community. Volir needs and interesting story now and SHOULD NOT be fodder to kill off as soon as possible for shock value. This is why I make this post as I can see 343i destroying Volir's story rather quickly... But I want him to be in Halo 6, I want more from the leader unit I love, a character built up by Halo Wars 2... I want him to maybe join the humans one day now that he has nothing... Or make him a menacing enemy with enough screentime to earn the label of "Badass", and lastly I just want 343i to take this opportunity with Red Team and Atriox/Let 'Volir and use these new plots to the best of their abilities.
Potential spoilers in that post, my man.

While I agree he is a neat character, I wouldn't want the final installation of this trilogy of Halo games dedicated to one Sangheili. Especially as the events of Halo 5 unfolded as they did.
Potential spoilers in that post, my man.

While I agree he is a neat character, I wouldn't want the final installation of this trilogy of Halo games dedicated to one Sangheili. Especially as the events of Halo 5 unfolded as they did.
I agree, but anything would be better than the cheap tactic they pulled with Halo 5... Killing off Jul 'Mdama.

Also, did you mean Halo 5 Spoilers... I tried my best to not spoil anything in halo wars 2.
Yes, yes...please waste our time!
Make him important only for one game, build a huge, interesting back story (via comics, books, short films, then say you don't have to read or watch them to understand the story) then immediately kill him in the third. But if you're cool enough, you make Volir death as ridiculous as possible, thereafter you ask yourself how on earth is possible that he lead a -Yoinking!-' army, when he is so incompetent, that he's not even capable to defend himself if he have idiot, useless guards around.
So, OP that's the key.
Halo Wars 2 is the first game I can actually admit that I love a new character... Halo Reach was the last time I could say this...

Halo 4 and 5 were awful to me, the story was completely trash, while Halo Wars 2 was honestly amazing.

People are trashing on it for the lack of cutscenes, but I do love the story being told throughout the game, and let's face it... The Codex is great and the dialogue during the missions are both interesting and helpful (Something Destiny fails at... Destiny also fails at story... huh... Ironic). Atriox, Decimus, and Let 'Volir are all very interesting characters, and Jerome-092 should just replace Locke and Firteam Osiris.

NOW, on to Let 'Volir. Volir is my favorite enemy and leader in Halo Wars 2... I love his unique yet familiar design, and I love his backstory... The cutscene he is in with Atriox shows that he is sort of uneasy when it comes to Atriox/Volir's relationship. 343i NEEDS TO BUILD ON THIS.

Jul 'Mdama was a well built character that was killed in the first 10 minutes of Halo 5 by a pansy Spartain named Locke... If this happens with Atriox/Volir, it will most likely anger the community. Volir needs and interesting story now and SHOULD NOT be fodder to kill off as soon as possible for shock value. This is why I make this post as I can see 343i destroying Volir's story rather quickly... But I want him to be in Halo 6, I want more from the leader unit I love, a character built up by Halo Wars 2... I want him to maybe join the humans one day now that he has nothing... Or make him a menacing enemy with enough screentime to earn the label of "Badass", and lastly I just want 343i to take this opportunity with Red Team and Atriox/Let 'Volir and use these new plots to the best of their abilities.
Watch your running on Halo 4's "trash" cause that -Yoink- was bad in your opinion!
Also I fully agree with you on expansion, but I haven't played the campaign so I can't say anything yet! Let Volir is honestly a breath of fresh air to an Elite and I'd love to see a bigger build up! Hell yeah for him in Halo 6, and yes, for -Yoinks!- sake don't screw him up by killing him off in the first 10 minutes! That was unforgiveable and after they did that to Jul M'dama, I don't know if I want to take any chances! Good on you son!
But again! Put an "IMO" in there just in case for some things.
He atriox and decimus barely get any screen time,idk how he is your favorite enemy leader when we barely know anything about him
He atriox and decimus barely get any screen time,idk how he is your favorite enemy leader when we barely know anything about him
Well, a person can be your favourite even if you don't know anything about him, I haven't even played the campaign and he's easily my favourite in terms of design, gameplay, and oddly enough, voice!
I could go more in depth, but I think he has a right to say such close feelings about a character, namely a species of which, hint hint, 343 has not, nudge nudge, RESPECTED in a long time!
God you don't want me to get on that subject!
Well, a person can be your favourite even if you don't know anything about him, I haven't even played the campaign and he's easily my favourite in terms of design, gameplay, and oddly enough, voice!
I could go more in depth, but I think he has a right to say such close feelings about a character, namely a species of which, hint hint, 343 has not, nudge nudge, RESPECTED in a long time!
Based on looks,sure he looks cool,but they shafted him and Atriox and left soooo many unanswered questions in this game for me to even think about anything else
Based on looks,sure he looks cool,but they shafted him and Atriox and left soooo many unanswered questions in this game for me to even think about anything else
Oh I understand perfectly! I haven't played it yet, so hopefully I'll feel your feels, haha!
Oh I understand perfectly! I haven't played it yet, so hopefully I'll feel your feels, haha!
Hopefully you won't lol

I know in late as hecc but I agree! I really want 343i to make him and the banished a more important character in the Halo universe.

I know in late as hecc but I agree! I really want 343i to make him and the banished a more important character in the Halo universe.
I do believe they are moving in that direction. A couple of the recent books at least mention them, and the Rise of Atriox series was a pretty big hit among fans. I think we will be seeing more of the Banished soon. That said, please do not revive old threads. Thanks. :)