Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

LOCUSTS NEED TO BE NERFED BADLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP iOxygen xYz

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Locust are becoming a problem. They move too quick, build too quick, move super fast, and have crazy range. Not to mention how cheap they are, they kill bases way too quick. There is no way to counter the locust spam rush. It is insane how good locust are.........
I agree with you to an extent, but I don't find them "insane", as they go down very quickly. Nerfing units constantly is a poor way to deal with problems as they come up, and I think we've seen enough nerfs for now as of the Colony update and everything it will deliver.

What needs to happen is that alternative options need to be made viable instead, and by that I mean taking units that are underused/underpowered and giving them an edge. The scorpion for example is probably one of the most criminally under-used units throughout this game, because it does nothing that other units can't do faster or better. Possible solution: Buff the armor. It's a tank, let it be a tank. It's important not to nerf too many things so as to not end up with a bunch of dull knives.
They are nerfing them
Locust are becoming a problem. They move too quick, build too quick, move super fast, and have crazy range. Not to mention how cheap they are, they kill bases way too quick. There is no way to counter the locust spam rush. It is insane how good locust are.........
Before posting its a good idea to check the upcoming patch notes to see if what your asking for is already in the works
I agree with you to an extent, but I don't find them "insane", as they go down very quickly. Nerfing units constantly is a poor way to deal with problems as they come up, and I think we've seen enough nerfs for now as of the Colony update and everything it will deliver.

What needs to happen is that alternative options need to be made viable instead, and by that I mean taking units that are underused/underpowered and giving them an edge. The scorpion for example is probably one of the most criminally under-used units throughout this game, because it does nothing that other units can't do faster or better. Possible solution: Buff the armor. It's a tank, let it be a tank. It's important not to nerf too many things so as to not end up with a bunch of dull knives.
Very good point sir!
Before posting its a good idea to check the upcoming patch notes to see if what your asking for is already in the works
They need an extra nerf
ske7ch wrote:
BANISHED UNITSLocusts
  • Basic damage reduced by 11%
  • Speed reduced from 11 to 9.5
  • Locust now do reduced damage versus air units
  • Locust now do reduced damage versus anti-vehicle counter units (Cyclops/Hunters)
This is an extra nerf! They are slower and deal less damage to counter units. Plus it is going to take them longer to destroy structures. In my opinion it might be too much all at once. I don't think you will see them get used much at all after this patch.
They need an extra nerf
You haven't yet seen them in the newest patch but you know they already need another nerf? XD
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members. This includes stat-flaming.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
The "locust spam rush" does have a counter. Don't be so slow and hit him before he techs up, he'll usually have 2 extractors.

He has to tech to 2 and then build a Foundry (at the very least, for spamming they need 2) because you can't build foundries at tech 1.

That's a lot of time and resources, which is definitely not a rush.
Nerf incoming. Patience required
They are getting slowed not to mention they have counters, They kill bases too quick? Well that's what they are for, build some anti-vehicle turrets and they're gone. They don't have that much health. I don't think they need another nerf, I think you just need to practice on how to counter them.
ske7ch wrote:
BANISHED UNITSLocusts
  • Locust now do reduced damage versus anti-vehicle counter units (Cyclops/Hunters)
This is an extra nerf! They are slower and deal less damage to counter units. Plus it is going to take them longer to destroy structures. In my opinion it might be too much all at once. I don't think you will see them get used much at all after this patch.
i think that's the point. i don't believe it was ever intentional for the building killer to be the all-around unit. That's supposed to be the job of the marauder or the warthog on the unsc side.

which the marauder is barely used because it's out performed in all aspects by a speciality unit.

the locust was designed to do one thing really good not to do almost everything.

this will put them much more inline with how they were in hw1. A unit you would have a couple of at the back end of your base assault. Protect them and they do good damage. Don't and they will fall quickly.
They need an extra nerf
They don't need an extra nerf lol everything is the same basically besides doing reduced damage to cyclopses and hunters that should add the niche antivehicle needs
They need an extra nerf
They don't need an extra nerf lol everything is the same basically besides doing reduced damage to cyclopses and hunters that should add the niche antivehicle needs
Can't wait until next week when everyone just switches to locust and rangers and everyone is going to cry they need another nerf it is going to be glorious
They need an extra nerf
No, they don't. This is the 3rd nerf and it nerfs the speed of them and the damage they do, even more so to their counter units. If you still can't beat them after this patch then you have serious game play issues are will be doing too many things wrong to count
They need an extra nerf
Can't wait until next week when everyone just switches to locust and rangers and everyone is going to cry they need another nerf it is going to be glorious
The people that are actually winning with them already doing this
ske7ch wrote:
BANISHED UNITSLocusts
THANK GOD
CRISTIAMUZ wrote:
They are getting slowed not to mention they have counters, They kill bases too quick? Well that's what they are for, build some anti-vehicle turrets and they're gone. They don't have that much health. I don't think they need another nerf, I think you just need to practice on how to counter them.
The turrets on the base can't even reach half of a locusts vision, or range?? Also people micro them to outrun their counters which still get melted. Locust should only be able to attack while stationary or something...
T1g3rs65 wrote:
ske7ch wrote:
BANISHED UNITSLocusts
i think that's the point. i don't believe it was ever intentional for the building killer to be the all-around unit. That's supposed to be the job of the marauder or the warthog on the unsc side.

which the marauder is barely used because it's out performed in all aspects by a speciality unit.

the locust was designed to do one thing really good not to do almost everything.

this will put them much more inline with how they were in hw1. A unit you would have a couple of at the back end of your base assault. Protect them and they do good damage. Don't and they will fall quickly.
EXACTLY. Thank you for understanding.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3