Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

LOCUSTS NEED TO BE NERFED BADLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP iOxygen xYz

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Quote:
They need to only shoot while not moving, or have no shield, or not attack air, or be costlier, or atleast tech 3. I still feel the nerf won't do much. They need attributes taken away.
Locust are becoming a problem. They move too quick, build too quick, move super fast, and have crazy range. Not to mention how cheap they are, they kill bases way too quick. There is no way to counter the locust spam rush. It is insane how good locust are.........
If anything they need to bring back the overdrive ability from Halo Wars 1. They have an infinite beam but they have no shields.
I've been plying 1v1 all day today and every time I play some low level player they go banished and spam the locust it's an easy way to win and something needs to be done about it! I can deal with them quite easily when I have my air units but what really gets me is the fact they can move and fire at the same time pluss sit outside your base and fire so far away that you base turrets don't touch them that seems silly. What's the point of a watch tower when they can still fire further than that? There really is no strategy to win if someone spams them! They run through your bases. I personally would like to see them need to stop to fire there beam cannons, this way you can use counter units properly and have a chance if someone just spams them and has 50 on the feild. I like what they are going to to with the new patch but tbh I don't think they needed tweaking just stop to fire?
Nequodo wrote:
I've been plying 1v1 all day today and every time I play some low level player they go banished and spam the locust it's an easy way to win and something needs to be done about it! I can deal with them quite easily when I have my air units but what really gets me is the fact they can move and fire at the same time pluss sit outside your base and fire so far away that you base turrets don't touch them that seems silly. What's the point of a watch tower when they can still fire further than that? There really is no strategy to win if someone spams them! They run through your bases. I personally would like to see them need to stop to fire there beam cannons, this way you can use counter units properly and have a chance if someone just spams them and has 50 on the feild. I like what they are going to to with the new patch but tbh I don't think they needed tweaking just stop to fire?
No, read the patch again because you did not comprehend the nerf. They are slowing the move spd down, anything should be able to close the gap now. They reduced the damage to everything and further reduced damage to all air, Cyclopes, and Hunters. That's huge.

As for the turret issue they have the range of a wraith, wraith and other tanks can pull that off too. It's called don't build 4 turrets, that's a horrible build and will get you destroyed easily every time. It's not a unit problem that is a you tower. Build a watch tower, it increases turrets range, making it a greater range than the locust. Not that hard
CRISTIAMUZ wrote:
They are getting slowed not to mention they have counters, They kill bases too quick? Well that's what they are for, build some anti-vehicle turrets and they're gone. They don't have that much health. I don't think they need another nerf, I think you just need to practice on how to counter them.
The turrets on the base can't even reach half of a locusts vision, or range?? Also people micro them to outrun their counters which still get melted. Locust should only be able to attack while stationary or something...
Take advantage of hills, if you station your units on top of a hill they'll have twice the sight and firing range. If anything you'll keep them back.
They don't need a nerf, Locusts are an anti-base unit meant to destroy bases. all you saying that locusts need nerf don't know how to play the game. they don't move quick and can be countered with anti-vehicle units or turrets easily. just don't let them near your base.
Chevy101mc wrote:
They don't need a nerf, Locusts are an anti-base unit meant to destroy bases. all you saying that locusts need nerf don't know how to play the game. they don't move quick and can be countered with anti-vehicle units or turrets easily. just don't let them near your base.
Lol. Look at his stats. He must be right.
ALXBRAMI wrote:
Chevy101mc wrote:
Stats have no importance i have no problem dealing with locusts, i do have problems with early pushes and have bad resource management. I do suck however The locusts have nothing to do with my stats.
Numot15 wrote:
Nequodo wrote:
No, read the patch again because you did not comprehend the nerf. They are slowing the move spd down, anything should be able to close the gap now. They reduced the damage to everything and further reduced damage to all air, Cyclopes, and Hunters. That's huge.

As for the turret issue they have the range of a wraith, wraith and other tanks can pull that off too. It's called don't build 4 turrets, that's a horrible build and will get you destroyed easily every time. It's not a unit problem that is a you tower. Build a watch tower, it increases turrets range, making it a greater range than the locust. Not that hard
If it helps i don't spam locusts
Chevy101mc wrote:
ALXBRAMI wrote:
Chevy101mc wrote:
Stats have no importance i have no problem dealing with locusts, i do have problems with early pushes and have bad resource management. I do suck however The locusts have nothing to do with my stats.
Lol. chevy has a point in this ALXBRAMI, stats have nothing to do with the fact of how locusts are played.
Chevy101mc wrote:
ALXBRAMI wrote:
Chevy101mc wrote:
Locusts may not have anything to do with your stats. But your judgment does!
Locusts have already been claimed OP several times. They are getting nerfed in a few days.
ALXBRAMI wrote:
Chevy101mc wrote:
Haha I know right, people who say locusts shouldn't be nerfed, are the same people who built armies of locusts using them as a main battle tank.
ske7ch wrote:
BANISHED UNITSLocusts
  • Basic damage reduced by 11%
  • Speed reduced from 11 to 9.5
  • Locust now do reduced damage versus air units
  • Locust now do reduced damage versus anti-vehicle counter units (Cyclops/Hunters)
This is an extra nerf! They are slower and deal less damage to counter units. Plus it is going to take them longer to destroy structures. In my opinion it might be too much all at once. I don't think you will see them get used much at all after this patch.
I've played 3-4 games since the patch and every single one had locust spam. They are still stupid op with shipmaster because the speed nerf doesnt matter when they are teleported behind your base. Regular ones are much better than they were, but I do feel that they should have a movement penalty while firing because of how hard they are to kill while kiting around your base.
Silver ww wrote:
ske7ch wrote:
BANISHED UNITSLocusts
  • Locust now do reduced damage versus anti-vehicle counter units (Cyclops/Hunters)
This is an extra nerf! They are slower and deal less damage to counter units. Plus it is going to take them longer to destroy structures. In my opinion it might be too much all at once. I don't think you will see them get used much at all after this patch.
I've played 3-4 games since the patch and every single one had locust spam. They are still stupid op with shipmaster because the speed nerf doesnt matter when they are teleported behind your base. Regular ones are much better than they were, but I do feel that they should have a movement penalty while firing because of how hard they are to kill while kiting around your base.
It's crazy, they need more than just a minor speed and damage nerf. They need hard physical changes, such as only being able to fire while not moving, or only being able to attack buildings like they are intended for, there are many things that could be done to balance locusts, but this minor patch for them just isn't enough.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Silver ww wrote:
ske7ch wrote:
BANISHED UNITSLocusts
It's crazy, they need more than just a minor speed and damage nerf. They need hard physical changes, such as only being able to fire while not moving, or only being able to attack buildings like they are intended for, there are many things that could be done to balance locusts, but this minor patch for them just isn't enough.
Buddy, dear god they added a whole lot more counters for you. They have nerfed them 3 times now, at this point if you can't beat them then maybe find someone to teach you how to play the game. This is ridiculous kid.
Numot15 wrote:
Silver ww wrote:
ske7ch wrote:
BANISHED UNITSLocusts
Buddy, dear god they added a whole lot more counters for you. They have nerfed them 3 times now, at this point if you can't beat them then maybe find someone to teach you how to play the game. This is ridiculous kid.
I agree 100%. They get wrecked now by hunters and cyclops. If you are playing someone who might be building Locust (you should know if they are or aren't by scouting) keep 4 defended units at your base. Those guys WILL take down anything less than a full pop of Locust. If they walk a full pop of locust upto your base that you left undefended, there shouldn't be anything you can do about it because you failed at your job of finding this army and defending...
Numot15 wrote:
Silver ww wrote:
ske7ch wrote:
BANISHED UNITSLocusts
I agree 100%. They get wrecked now by hunters and cyclops. If you are playing someone who might be building Locust (you should know if they are or aren't by scouting) keep 4 defended units at your base. Those guys WILL take down anything less than a full pop of Locust. If they walk a full pop of locust upto your base that you left undefended, there shouldn't be anything you can do about it because you failed at your job of finding this army and defending...
Unless they're shipmaster. Who can magically appear in your base, and then send your defending units to bum -Yoink- Egypt without any sort of warning indication like other leader powers have. The locusts themselves aren't OP anymore, but comboing them with displacement is just garbage. You can't defend or counter when your units are sent halfway across the map.
Numot15 wrote:
Silver ww wrote:
ske7ch wrote:
BANISHED UNITSLocusts
Unless they're shipmaster. Who can magically appear in your base, and then send your defending units to bum -Yoink- Egypt without any sort of warning indication like other leader powers have.
ShipMaster can only send units in a single area to "Egypt". Keep a couple units spread out around your base when playing him. He also has to be careful about when he does this since the cool down is much longer now.
Silver ww wrote:
ske7ch wrote:
BANISHED UNITSLocusts
Sounds like you got p0wned by a sneaky trick. He could have just as easily teleported a scarab and a bunch of healers next to your unsuspecting base (had that happen to me when both of them brought in scarabs with engineers through that two way teleporter that their teammate can use). Would that have been more fun? That is kind of his MO isn't it? Sneak attacks? Don't get me wrong, I don't like locusts... but because someone pulled a good strat on you doesn't mean it needs to be nerfed again. They are building killers and if he is able to sneak some next to your base, kudos to him.

And before you call me a locust user, I am a Cutter main (57%) with Anders as my second most used followed a distant third by Kinsano. I have used Banished leaders probably a total of 5 games. It stinks you were on the receiving end, but he used the leader exactly how Shipmaster is envisioned to be used, sneak attack.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3