Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

LOCUSTS NEED TO BE NERFED BADLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP iOxygen xYz

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
i have a video of locusts attacking 2x their original range on my xbox upload
Locust are seriously glass now. Honestly don't think banished has much left now after the patch. They get wrecked by hornets who are easily fast enough to wipe them out. Move them around to not get displaced take as many vantage points as you can early. Just expect it when you play shipmaster, but they're totally fine the way they are.

I think the new patch did justice for s lot of things. Locusts being one.
ROFL 😂😂
DA Cleric wrote:
Silver ww wrote:
ske7ch wrote:
BANISHED UNITSLocusts
  • Basic damage reduced by 11%
  • Speed reduced from 11 to 9.5
  • Locust now do reduced damage versus air units
  • Locust now do reduced damage versus anti-vehicle counter units (Cyclops/Hunters)
This is an extra nerf! They are slower and deal less damage to counter units. Plus it is going to take them longer to destroy structures. In my opinion it might be too much all at once. I don't think you will see them get used much at all after this patch.
I've played 3-4 games since the patch and every single one had locust spam. They are still stupid op with shipmaster because the speed nerf doesnt matter when they are teleported behind your base. Regular ones are much better than they were, but I do feel that they should have a movement penalty while firing because of how hard they are to kill while kiting around your base.
Sounds like you got p0wned by a sneaky trick. He could have just as easily teleported a scarab and a bunch of healers next to your unsuspecting base (had that happen to me when both of them brought in scarabs with engineers through that two way teleporter that their teammate can use). Would that have been more fun? That is kind of his MO isn't it? Sneak attacks? Don't get me wrong, I don't like locusts... but because someone pulled a good strat on you doesn't mean it needs to be nerfed again. They are building killers and if he is able to sneak some next to your base, kudos to him.

And before you call me a locust user, I am a Cutter main (57%) with Anders as my second most used followed a distant third by Kinsano. I have used Banished leaders probably a total of 5 games. It stinks you were on the receiving end, but he used the leader exactly how Shipmaster is envisioned to be used, sneak attack.
I use shipmaster locusts all the time... there is no reason I should be able to kill a fully upgraded base with 4 turrets with only 10 locusts that I teleport behind his base. And if he tries to defend his base, I just teleport his units away.
Silver ww wrote:
DA Cleric wrote:
Silver ww wrote:
ske7ch wrote:
BANISHED UNITSLocusts
  • Locust now do reduced damage versus anti-vehicle counter units (Cyclops/Hunters)
This is an extra nerf! They are slower and deal less damage to counter units. Plus it is going to take them longer to destroy structures. In my opinion it might be too much all at once. I don't think you will see them get used much at all after this patch.
I've played 3-4 games since the patch and every single one had locust spam. They are still stupid op with shipmaster because the speed nerf doesnt matter when they are teleported behind your base. Regular ones are much better than they were, but I do feel that they should have a movement penalty while firing because of how hard they are to kill while kiting around your base.
Sounds like you got p0wned by a sneaky trick. He could have just as easily teleported a scarab and a bunch of healers next to your unsuspecting base (had that happen to me when both of them brought in scarabs with engineers through that two way teleporter that their teammate can use). Would that have been more fun? That is kind of his MO isn't it? Sneak attacks? Don't get me wrong, I don't like locusts... but because someone pulled a good strat on you doesn't mean it needs to be nerfed again. They are building killers and if he is able to sneak some next to your base, kudos to him.

And before you call me a locust user, I am a Cutter main (57%) with Anders as my second most used followed a distant third by Kinsano. I have used Banished leaders probably a total of 5 games. It stinks you were on the receiving end, but he used the leader exactly how Shipmaster is envisioned to be used, sneak attack.
I use shipmaster locusts all the time... there is no reason I should be able to kill a fully upgraded base with 4 turrets with only 10 locusts that I teleport behind his base. And if he tries to defend his base, I just teleport his units away.
Actually that is perfectly fine, since if it is that easy it's not a fully upgraded base for one. And only 10 locust, yeah "only" 10, buddy that's 40 pop it's half your army that is not some small number.

Try that on a good player and let's see the anti vehicle turrets will get some of the locust, the defending troops can simply kill them or push them off, sure you can teleport the defending troops away but will you get all of them? Probably not but let's say somehow you did, they still have their leader powers to use on the locusts which wreck them. Sure you might cripple or even destroy one base, but you lone half your army doing it while I still have my full army headed to your base since you teleported them away the other player can just base trade with you using their now superior force.

That trick is not the end all be all move you think it is unless you were already going to win in the first place buddy. Plenty of room to counter it and punish you for trying it
Numot15 wrote:
Silver ww wrote:
DA Cleric wrote:
Silver ww wrote:
ske7ch wrote:
BANISHED UNITSLocusts

Actually that is perfectly fine, since if it is that easy it's not a fully upgraded base for one. And only 10 locust, yeah "only" 10, buddy that's 40 pop it's half your army that is not some small number.

Try that on a good player and let's see the anti vehicle turrets will get some of the locust, the defending troops can simply kill them or push them off, sure you can teleport the defending troops away but will you get all of them? Probably not but let's say somehow you did, they still have their leader powers to use on the locusts which wreck them. Sure you might cripple or even destroy one base, but you lone half your army doing it while I still have my full army headed to your base since you teleported them away the other player can just base trade with you using their now superior force.

That trick is not the end all be all move you think it is unless you were already going to win in the first place buddy. Plenty of room to counter it and punish you for trying it
if you attempt a base trade after he killed your base, he'll just use extraction to pull his remaining force back to defend. With the help of his turrets and a glassing beam, I highly doubt you would be able to kill his base successfully.
Numot15 wrote:
Silver ww wrote:
DA Cleric wrote:
Silver ww wrote:
ske7ch wrote:
BANISHED UNITSLocusts

Anti-vehicle turrets will not even hit Shipmaster Locusts as they get an enhanced vision range with Banished Raiding II. All leader powers can also be dodged by a skilled player using Teleport (Even things like Inferno can be snap casted to dodge as teleport prevents all damage during the animation). Locusts still remain a problem, even post patch, as all the banished leaders have ways to enhance them above UNSC potential. With rabbit nerfs letting Banished players actually play the game it means we'll be seeing a lot of them as only cutter can effectively use Cyclopes even post patch against them. Not to mention all the UNSC damage dealing powers got nerfs while Banished supporting powers like Dying Breath and Displacement still exist at broken levels give late game banished a huge edge over the UNSC.
honestly locusts are still a major threat and still broken due to only one thing, their range and maybe still their movement speed, they are a low cost unit that when spammed will kill a base in SECONDS, and you don't even need full or even half your max pop cap to do that, you can have 1/3 be locusts and the other 2/3 be reavers and elite rangers to keep the locusts protected from both air and anti vehicle, making it to where it is near impossible to kill all the locusts without losing your entire army. there is a reason why so many people have been playing banished lately, even AFTER nerf locusts are still ridiculously strong, I say nerf them to where they are SLOWER then all anti-vehicle units/buff anti vehicle units to be faster then the locusts, AND nerf their range, because they can easily outrange turrets and melt them in seconds with their ridicoules range. that is their 2 strong suits is Range and how fast they can burn structures, the burning strutctures is fine, maybe actually nerf the dmg just a little more, but the range is the biggest problem while also their speed can be annoying to catch up to because during the entire chase sequence you will be taking dmg while they are out of range most of the time
honestly locusts are still a major threat and still broken due to only one thing, their range and maybe still their movement speed, they are a low cost unit that when spammed will kill a base in SECONDS, and you don't even need full or even half your max pop cap to do that, you can have 1/3 be locusts and the other 2/3 be reavers and elite rangers to keep the locusts protected from both air and anti vehicle, making it to where it is near impossible to kill all the locusts without losing your entire army. there is a reason why so many people have been playing banished lately, even AFTER nerf locusts are still ridiculously strong, I say nerf them to where they are SLOWER then all anti-vehicle units/buff anti vehicle units to be faster then the locusts, AND nerf their range, because they can easily outrange turrets and melt them in seconds with their ridicoules range. that is their 2 strong suits is Range and how fast they can burn structures, the burning strutctures is fine, maybe actually nerf the dmg just a little more, but the range is the biggest problem while also their speed can be annoying to catch up to because during the entire chase sequence you will be taking dmg while they are out of range most of the time
i got plowed when i said this in a thread lol.
They are pretty hard to balance it seems. Definitely dmg vs buildings needs to be nerfed because atm u can just walk or teleport 4-8 locust in a base and they just destroy everything in seconds. On the orher hand if they are nerfed too hard they wont be good vs anything.
Numot15 wrote:
Silver ww wrote:
DA Cleric wrote:
Silver ww wrote:
ske7ch wrote:
BANISHED UNITSLocusts

Anti-vehicle turrets will not even hit Shipmaster Locusts as they get an enhanced vision range with Banished Raiding II. All leader powers can also be dodged by a skilled player using Teleport (Even things like Inferno can be snap casted to dodge as teleport prevents all damage during the animation). Locusts still remain a problem, even post patch, as all the banished leaders have ways to enhance them above UNSC potential. With rabbit nerfs letting Banished players actually play the game it means we'll be seeing a lot of them as only cutter can effectively use Cyclopes even post patch against them. Not to mention all the UNSC damage dealing powers got nerfs while Banished supporting powers like Dying Breath and Displacement still exist at broken levels give late game banished a huge edge over the UNSC.
No, they don't. Locusts are not effected by banished raid, nice try though I see all you want to do is whine.

We said teleported behind the base, some maps don't have room for them to be out of standard turret range behind the base. If they are out of your turrets range and hitting you then sorry you deserve the loss for not being smart enough to have a watch tower which increases bade vision and turret range. I always build one give you greater range than the locust.

As far as leader powers, no buddy they didn't just "nerf UNSC" so stop whining about that and read the damn patch notes, they nerfed every single active leader power in the game in the form of longer cooldowns, reduced damage, and higher cost. Sure it was just yours, keep telling yourself that. Most leaders, not all but most have more than one damaging leader power, he blows his teleport cool kill them with the next leader power, any damaging leader power kills them.

As far as the counter units, if you can't effectively use them now then maybe you need to just learn to play, not to be that guy, but seriously you need to improve your gameplay. They do horrible damage to Cyclops and Hornets now. They basically just tickle them. Sure they can build Reavers and Rangers into them but that reduces the amount of locusts they can have snuck in because you can't teleport a full 80 pop. And you just pick your targets yourself and focus down the problem units first. Not sure how you can't catch them they are slower than all infantry now, they slow down the infantry you have with them.

I know it's easier to just whine on the forum but quite frankly we are getting sick of it, learn to beat it instead of crying anything that beats you is OP, because honestly from your whining it just sounds like your skill lvl is maybe a little UP
Whoa! Just saw this thread. Are people really asking for another nerf? Seriously? Yes, Locusts are strong...only if you completely sit back and ignore them. Other than that, they are so slow, I'd call it too slow...and like someone else mentioned, "glass cannons."
Numot15 wrote:
Numot15 wrote:
Silver ww wrote:
DA Cleric wrote:
Silver ww wrote:
ske7ch wrote:
BANISHED UNITSLocusts

No, they don't. Locusts are not effected by banished raid, nice try though I see all you want to do is whine.

We said teleported behind the base, some maps don't have room for them to be out of standard turret range behind the base. If they are out of your turrets range and hitting you then sorry you deserve the loss for not being smart enough to have a watch tower which increases bade vision and turret range. I always build one give you greater range than the locust.

As far as leader powers, no buddy they didn't just "nerf UNSC" so stop whining about that and read the damn patch notes, they nerfed every single active leader power in the game in the form of longer cooldowns, reduced damage, and higher cost. Sure it was just yours, keep telling yourself that. Most leaders, not all but most have more than one damaging leader power, he blows his teleport cool kill them with the next leader power, any damaging leader power kills them.

As far as the counter units, if you can't effectively use them now then maybe you need to just learn to play, not to be that guy, but seriously you need to improve your gameplay. They do horrible damage to Cyclops and Hornets now. They basically just tickle them. Sure they can build Reavers and Rangers into them but that reduces the amount of locusts they can have snuck in because you can't teleport a full 80 pop. And you just pick your targets yourself and focus down the problem units first. Not sure how you can't catch them they are slower than all infantry now, they slow down the infantry you have with them.

I know it's easier to just whine on the forum but quite frankly we are getting sick of it, learn to beat it instead of crying anything that beats you is OP, because honestly from your whining it just sounds like your skill lvl is maybe a little UP
you don't need that many locusts to kill a base in like 20-30seconds, add atriox on top with his invulnerability leader powers and you have an unstoppable death ball, just have about 1/3 of your army locusts and the rest of it reavers/elite rangers to deal with the counters of the locust, its nearly just like in overwatch where you get barriers to protect the bastion during game modes
Tbh at the point to beat a Locust you just need to learn how to play the game. They've been nerfed into a good spot, just learn how to counter.
Tbh at the point to beat a Locust you just need to learn how to play the game. They've been nerfed into a good spot, just learn how to counter.
ill see they have locusts and because of how slow hunters are and the range of locusts, I will think "ok ill go banshees", when I have a decent chunk and they start their attack I find out he put some reavers and even some elite skirmishers so even if I did go hunters they would die quick, locusts are still broken dude, the range is the thing that is ridicules right now, it will shoot you way past the fog of war and only 3 other things are able to do that, Kodiaks, blisterbacks, and siege turrets. all of them have 1 thing in common, THEY ARE IMMOBILE. so not only does it have the technical FURTHEST range of any unit but also can move, while having INSANE dmg output. YES they are weak but they are cheap and easy to make, and it doesn't take to many to melt a base in seconds, you can just have like 6-7 locusts total and the rest are reavers/elite skirmishers to kill the counters and you cant do anything really against it before your base is dead, especially if its atriox because he can just make the units immune to dmg and live past death which in a way bypasses their low HP pool
Whoa! Just saw this thread. Are people really asking for another nerf? Seriously? Yes, Locusts are strong...only if you completely sit back and ignore them. Other than that, they are so slow, I'd call it too slow...and like someone else mentioned, "glass cannons."
Agreed
ill see they have locusts and because of how slow hunters are and the range of locusts, I will think "ok ill go banshees", when I have a decent chunk and they start their attack I find out he put some reavers and even some elite skirmishers so even if I did go hunters they would die quick, locusts are still broken dude, the range is the thing that is ridicules right now, it will shoot you way past the fog of war and only 3 other things are able to do that, Kodiaks, blisterbacks, and siege turrets. all of them have 1 thing in common, THEY ARE IMMOBILE. so not only does it have the technical FURTHEST range of any unit but also can move, while having INSANE dmg output. YES they are weak but they are cheap and easy to make, and it doesn't take to many to melt a base in seconds, you can just have like 6-7 locusts total and the rest are reavers/elite skirmishers to kill the counters and you cant do anything really against it before your base is dead, especially if its atriox because he can just make the units immune to dmg and live past death which in a way bypasses their low HP pool
The problem with these hypothetical situations that you use as examples is how long does it take to create that army? Answer is forever.

As long as you consistently scout and continually harass you should be good. It puts the other player on the back foot so they have to counter you.

Also you use leader powers as examples of why Locusts are OP. How about the leader powers that counter them? Drops, Glassing Beam, Archer Missles, Hunter's Brand, Teleport, Displacement, Inferno, and MAC Blast all counter Locusts.

Halo Wars 2 is a real time STRATEGY game. At this point Locusts are powerful, but not OP. You need to outplay and out-think your opponent to win.
I feel that if the Watch Tower was more useful people would use it to give turrets more range and hit Locust groups. That being said they wreck turrets so fast it's not usually worth it.

You can't nerf them into oblivion, I feel the Halo Wars 1 Locust would be good. Nice range, slowish and need to be stationary to shoot. Give them the over charge ability and they can be effective but countered.
Numot15 wrote:
Numot15 wrote:
Silver ww wrote:
DA Cleric wrote:
Silver ww wrote:
ske7ch wrote:
BANISHED UNITSLocusts

you don't need that many locusts to kill a base in like 20-30seconds, add atriox on top with his invulnerability leader powers and you have an unstoppable death ball, just have about 1/3 of your army locusts and the rest of it reavers/elite rangers to deal with the counters of the locust, its nearly just like in overwatch where you get barriers to protect the bastion during game modes
The example you guys choose to give is a shipmaster teleporting 10 locusts behind your base. 10 locust is half your army, thats 40 pop 4 per locust.

Yes you can use less, many do use less but 1. I did not give the example, you whiners did, and 2. 20 to 30 seconds is a long -Yoinking!- time in this game it should not take you anywhere near that long to kill the locusts. Stop whining because you refuse to learn how to counter something
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3