So I had a fairly long 1v1 this evening, it was a good game and I didn't push early enough. It was against a pavium, who can feel pretty insane with some of their powers. But eventually I managed to win, but he didn't make it easy. Anyway, it went for 1hour 50, whats some of your longest games?
I had a 3 hour long game on HW1 once, ended up getting and losing max star spartan tanks which died and were replaced. From what I remember, we won by a successful push or I think the game ended up crashin. but it was a great game with many excellent plays by both teams. One such move was when my ally had pelican'd all his tanks to a specific spot but the enemy predicted this and sent his AA army to intercept his pelicans. Lucky for me I cryo bombed all his AA just in time for them to drop in then take out the AA
I had a 3 hour long game on HW1 once, ended up getting and losing max star spartan tanks which died and were replaced. From what I remember, we won by a successful push or I think the game ended up crashin. but it was a great game with many excellent plays by both teams. One such move was when my ally had pelican'd all his tanks to a specific spot but the enemy predicted this and sent his AA army to intercept his pelicans. Lucky for me I cryo bombed all his AA just in time for them to drop in then take out the AA
3 hours! I dont think I'd be left alone in my house that length of time. Halo wars 1, when scorpions and veterancy really meant something.
3 hours! I dont think I'd be left alone in my house that length of time. Halo wars 1, when scorpions and veterancy really meant something.
I actually lost one of my Scorps when my ally turned on the shield wall on fort deen, making it be insta-killed. Not fun
Longest game was in HW2 and it lasted 2 and a half hours. The enemies turtled at their main base and since our army had to go up this ramp they could shoot us as we came up and weakened our army enough to where their army could win, then they'd counter attack us with what remained of their army only for us to push them back. The only reason we won was because they made a risky play and teleported tons of units at our base so I sent my banshee's too defend our main bases while my ally sent his army plus a condor at their main bases and we had a base trade. But in the end we killed their whole army and without a base/one that was currently in the process of building they couldn't build units to reinforce their weak army. It was only a matter of time.
2.5 hours is my longest. It ended up being a siege turret fest so any ground armies were nullified once they went of the offensive. To make matters worse, it was one of those games where I said "okay, one more game" and my teammate reminded me of it every 10 minutes. they were double unsc so it was Kodiaks and wolverines everywhere so even when we managed to push a base, we never had enough to hold the position and prevent him from rebuilding. The game only ended because one of them disconnected. It was probably the least fun I've ever had in a video game, right up there with any game I've ever played on highway.
So I had a fairly long 1v1 this evening, it was a good game and I didn't push early enough. It was against a pavium, who can feel pretty insane with some of their powers. But eventually I managed to win, but he didn't make it easy. Anyway, it went for 1hour 50, whats some of your longest games?
5 or 6 hours. Stayed up all night long, and eventually quit out cuz it was a complete stand still and I needed some sleep.
Holy smokes! I feel 45 Minutes is long! My longest was only an hour and it felt terribly long.
Hard to remember exactly but I believe it was a 2v2 for over an hour and a half. It was impossible to coordinate with my teammate especially since we were going against YapYap who had a Scarab with over a dozen engi's. Finally ended up winning after bringing up a 2-pronged air and ground attack against his teammate. I loved every second of it, I'll always remember these long matches with nostalgia.
My buddy and I had a 2v2 game on rift 2 nights ago that lasted 3 1/2 hours. Honestly anything over an hour is long but that game just became a battle of attrition lol