Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

*Lose 1 game* go down 50% *win 5 games* go up 20%

OP chaosguy67

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I dont understand the ranking system at all...

Lost 1 game last night and went down like 50% then we won 5 in a row and still havnt made up what we lost...

And before people say "well all 6 of those teams must have been bad"...
That should not matter... because with that logic.. i ONLY wanna play against good teams because then apparently its a win win situation.. if i lose ill only go down 2% and if o win ill go up 40%...

The matchmaking just doesnt seem balanced at all
The MMR of the people you play is the issue. The lower the MMR the lower the reward, and if you lose to someone with low MMR the more it hurts your rank.
chaosguy67 wrote:
I dont understand the ranking system at all...

Lost 1 game last night and went down like 50% then we won 5 in a row and still havnt made up what we lost...

And before people say "well all 6 of those teams must have been bad"...
That should not matter... because with that logic.. i ONLY wanna play against good teams because then apparently its a win win situation.. if i lose ill only go down 2% and if o win ill go up 40%...

The matchmaking just doesnt seem balanced at all
You don’t actually lose a lot of MMR when losing against ranked people, even when you surpass them by ~6 CSR levels. You drop a lot when losing against unranked people, which is the actual load of crap here.
Every Halo game I've played since Halo 2 has had a terrible ranking system, and by terrible I mean AWFUL. Even counter strikes ranking system is objectively better, and thats saying something...
The MMR of the people you play is the issue. The lower the MMR the lower the reward, and if you lose to someone with low MMR the more it hurts your rank.
Then the matchmaking is terrible because if what your saying is true... then i played 6 low rank people in a row...

I dont see how thats fair... i only gain 2% for the win and if they some how beat me i drop 40%.. if thats the case then i ONLY wanna get ranked up with good people . I shouldnt be getting paired up with 6 noobs in a row
You were probably beaten by a smurf account.
Been like that for a very long time dude. The journey and the grind is always tough when you lose to that one low rank or smurf account.
The game matches you against noobs if no good players around your mmr are avaliable, with a sad chance of a noob being a smurf. it is fustrating to beat a noob for 2%, then lose 60% if he beats you, but you should never lose to a noob, though. I do agree that the minimum and maximum csr earning is dumb, though ( +1, -30).
Isn't win-rate just total wins divided by total games...
They are talking about < Onyx CSR adjustments.
x6767 wrote:
this phenomenon happens in onyx too. its especially worse
x6767 wrote:
this phenomenon happens in onyx too. its especially worse
Sure, this was an immediate response to Follow the wind.
We already had plenty of data-driven discussions on the CSR adjustments here and in „The Banished“ discord.
Postums et al are aware of the issue but probably not willing/able to fix it at the moment.
I get SO many 1-5 point games in solo war, it's making me want to rather just play customs with the top dogs. It's a waste of my time, and that of my opponents.
Unable to check MMR as of right now, but if the system works as intended, I should never have to play literally 3 leagues below me.

Match history 1 - my main acc, but relatively light on games atm, didn't make champ yet. Look how many vs placement games there are, and just think about someone picking up the game for the first time, trying to place, and getting their butt kickedby someone in Onyx in most games.

Match history 2 - my "random all acc". This one I went to champ with,and the quality of games has been abysmal. Opponents in gold, placements, platinum amount for a very high % of my games. I should NEVER have to play against someone more than two full leagues below me. Like I said, a waste of time.
I get SO many 1-5 point games in solo war, it's making me want to rather just play customs with the top dogs. It's a waste of my time, and that of my opponents.
Unable to check MMR as of right now, but if the system works as intended, I should never have to play literally 3 leagues below me.

Match history 1 - my main acc, but relatively light on games atm, didn't make champ yet. Look how many vs placement games there are, and just think about someone picking up the game for the first time, trying to place, and getting their butt kickedby someone in Onyx in most games.

Match history 2 - my "random all acc". This one I went to champ with,and the quality of games has been abysmal. Opponents in gold, placements, platinum amount for a very high % of my games. I should NEVER have to play against someone more than two full leagues below me. Like I said, a waste of time.
What is the queue time on these games?

And I briefly looked at the MMR difference and you are 2+ higher every time (most of the time 2.5+)
Whatever algorithm they have is messed up!!! Played same 10 placement matches as my partner (8-2). He got Diamond 5, I got Plat 3!..... Plat 3!!!! Disgrace.... 0 disconnects... It makes no sense!!!!!!! Ranking is a joke! Sucks, when you play hard and dont see any rhyme or reason behind ranks! How does it work????
Whatever algorithm they have is messed up!!! Played same 10 placement matches as my partner (8-2). He got Diamond 5, I got Plat 3!..... Plat 3!!!! Disgrace.... 0 disconnects... It makes no sense!!!!!!! Ranking is a joke! Sucks, when you play hard and dont see any rhyme or reason behind ranks! How does it work????
Let‘s not mix things up here. Placement matches are a different story. They place you based on your MMR. So your friend just had a higher MMR than you from the previous seasons.
EiTeNeR wrote:

And I briefly looked at the MMR difference and you are 2+ higher every time (most of the time 2.5+)
1-2 min. I get games real quick. The MMR diff is ridiculous, holy moly...
EiTeNeR wrote:

1-2 minutes really shouldn't be long enough to get players over 2.5+ MMR lower than you. I would expect the search radius to be +/- 0.5 MMR after each additional miniute. So starting at 0.5 and then increasing by 0.5 for each additional minute. I really wonder if there are playlist parameters that could be tweaked.

I am going to look into MMR differences from last season to see how common it was to have a match with a difference greater than 2.

the Skippahh . I would not give up ranked. CSR is a grind but your MMR will still rise and at times more than CSR. So if you continue to grind and consistently win, you will see a much higher placement next season. I know it sucks for this season but it is the system that we are dealing with
EiTeNeR wrote:
EiTeNeR wrote:

1-2 minutes really shouldn't be long enough to get players over 2.5+ MMR lower than you. I would expect the search radius to be +/- 0.5 MMR after each additional miniute. So starting at 0.5 and then increasing by 0.5 for each additional minute. I really wonder if there are playlist parameters that could be tweaked.

I am going to look into MMR differences from last season to see how common it was to have a match with a difference greater than 2.

the Skippahh . I would not give up ranked. CSR is a grind but your MMR will still rise and at times more than CSR. So if you continue to grind and consistently win, you will see a much higher placement next season. I know it sucks for this season but it is the system that we are dealing with
how do you find peoples mmr?
what are the ranges of actual players?
You were probably beaten by a smurf account.
people seriously have smurf accounts in an RTS?

and here i thought H3 was bad hahaha
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2