Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Make this game Free to Play

OP HSPU

First I think this game need more players and it’s not bad idea make this game free to play.

Second others games like Fortnite or League of Legends are free to play and they get a lot of money with them, so it's not an excuse for not doing it.

Others similars game like Halo Wars 2 is Star Craft 2, and it’s free to play too and these game have much players.

My proposal is to become free to play and give away only 4 civilizations. The remaining civilizations and the following ones could continue as before, a cost for those who want to enjoy them, even putting packs of civilizations.

My english is bad I used google translate. Sorrt for that.
This game doesn't have the ability to sustain itself it it went F2P. Unless Blitz is more popular than I believe.
This game doesn't have the ability to sustain itself it it went F2P. Unless Blitz is more pipulpo than I believe.
They still can sell the expansion and the others civs.
I would like to know how many units are sold per day, but I think are low and young people are not going to want to spend a lot of money on a RTS game, having other more popular options. But I think that if the game where it starts from a completely free base would seem attractive to them, and if finally the game like it, they will not hesitate to buy the others civilizations and the new expansion
What if Blitz was its own Free to Play game mode separate from the main game? That'd be pretty neat.
nuchey wrote:
What if Blitz was its own Free to Play game mode separate from the main game? That'd be pretty neat.
Yes, it’s a great idea too.
Yeah but here's the problem, we don't exactly know how popular Blitz is and the new F2P players won't come in with a level playong field, they'll just see it as another AAA Mobile game with the card packs and get frustrated with losing to someone that has a bigger wallet than them. You could argue "but what about that certain gm of blitz that puts all cards at a level playing field?" I say to that, doesn't that defeat the purpose of even having that option to buy the cards pointless and a waist of money? Everyone would just play that gm instead of the defaults because no one wants to get stomped by a Payed to win kinda player and you know if there is a way to pay to get a advantage, there's people that are paying that price to get it.
The game is already on game pass for $10 a month... RTS games aren't big on console.
Make a free 2 play versión, only one leader available to play online matches (say cutter, idk), no campaign included, no other leaders, you have to pay for those. Dead or Alive made something similar.
Bauer8056 wrote:
Make a free 2 play versión, only one leader available to play online matches (say cutter, idk), no campaign included, no other leaders, you have to pay for those. Dead or Alive made something similar.
Or like killer instinct with a rotating free leader (just original ones I'd say) that wouldn't be a bad idea to draw some people in.
Bauer8056 wrote:
There is a demo right?
Bauer8056 wrote:
There is a demo right?
can you play online with the demo? that's the point
Dnye92 wrote:
The game is already on game pass for $10 a month... RTS games aren't big on console.
Yet over on pc community for this game is much more dead then console version. Though that is mainly thanks to Microsoft’s inability to launch a game on pc properly due to $$$
Bauer8056 wrote:
Bauer8056 wrote:
There is a demo right?
can you play online with the demo? that's the point
No but it’s meant to be like here try it and if you like it but it also think of all of us that brought the ultimate edition standard addtion last year for full price in a way making halo wars 2 free is a middle finger to the face
Dnye92 wrote:
Yet over on pc community for this game is much more dead then console version. Though that is mainly thanks to Microsoft’s inability to launch a game on pc properly due to $$$
PC also has alot more in depth RTS available where as console HW is the best we have. Also I think they segregated their player base on PC with steam I could be wrong on that part though.