Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Marine Rush WAY to strong

OP MandalsTV

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
If you could go ahead and nerf marines early game...yeah that'd be great...
Don't think that they need a nerf imo, they're fairly easy to counter with suicide grunts/brutes, or snipers and marines.
Nah, Elite Rangers and the like need a buff.
All units that you can build from a base needs to have base damage nerfed. All damage to units should stay the same. It would make rushing a little less viable (still doable) and allow for more interesting games. So this would mean, marines/grunts, jackrabbits/brute chopper/ghost and sentinels.

Then maybe add a tech 2 or 3 upgrade for the units to do increase base damage.
HELLBRINGERS🔥 Die for mariners, this broken all system of anti-units.

ohh wait i need tech 2 maybe 3 to kill 1 marine with 1 hellbringer.
MandalsTV wrote:
Why? They aren't that powerful if you know what you're doing. Snipers/suicide grunts wreck them, as do turrets. Also if you scout early on and see a marine army, if you can rapidly build up to tech two, and build a couple of hogs, that hurts as well.

Yeah hellbringers need range buff, badly.
Yeah elite rangers also need a buff, and to be tech 1 (or snipers become tech 2).
Define "marine rush" specifically the time you are rushed.

If this "rush" occurs after 5 minutes, that is not a rush, that is a timing attack by a player that is quick and efficient.

If you are being attacked under 4-5 minutes then that is more of a "rush."

You need to scout and prepare effectively. If you are not scouting constantly within the 3-5 minute mark then you are making a critical error.

The marine timing attack at the 5-7 minute mark is very counter-able via turrets, marines/grunts snipers/jumppack brutes.

If this "rush" occurs after 5 minutes, that is not a rush, that is a timing attack by a player that is quick and efficient.

You need to scout and prepare effectively. If you are not scouting constantly within the 3-5 minute mark then you are making a critical error.

The marine timing attack at the 5-7 minute mark is very counter-able via turrets, marines/grunts snipers/jumppack brutes.
Okay, I keep seeing everyone saying snipers counter them. Snipers build slower and by the time you have enough to fight back your base is already burning to the ground.
MandalsTV wrote:
Why? They aren't that powerful if you know what you're doing. Snipers/suicide grunts wreck them, as do turrets. Also if you scout early on and see a marine army, if you can rapidly build up to tech two, and build a couple of hogs, that hurts as well.

Yeah elite rangers also need a buff, and to be tech 1 (or snipers become tech 2).
So you're saying a turret that cost 300 can beat 3 marine squads with grenade throw? Obviously their won't be just 3 marine squads though.
MandalsTV wrote:

Okay, I keep seeing everyone saying snipers counter them. Snipers build slower and by the time you have enough to fight back your base is already burning to the ground.
If your building snipers as the marine attack is killing your base you have already lost.

This is why I bring up scouting - you should know know by the 4 minute mark if they are going to do a marine timing attack against you. When you see this you have ample time to build some snipers. And you don't JUST build snipers. You build maybe 4 at most and then have marines too, this should be an effective counter. I would also encourage grenade throw upgrade as well at the very least.
MandalsTV wrote:
MandalsTV wrote:

So you're saying a turret that cost 300 can beat 3 marine squads with grenade throw? Obviously their won't be just 3 marine squads though.
With the turret upgrade, seem as they spent the power on nades, yeah. Two grenades wont destroy a turret. AI turret will kill the TWO marine squads. (150 each.)
I've had enemies mass infantry, depending on how the game goes I can get the upper hand by:

Massing choppers (only works if he doesn't go all in and remains tech 1). Careful with grenades, keep them spread out and DON'T ram!

If he's Banished DON'T get near or chase the grunts as they put mines that obliterate your choppers.

As Banished I get the spirit dropship and drop it on top of them, the suicide grunts will tear a hole in their army.

Now, if he has tech 2 and you're Banished you better run as far and as fast as you can. Aka: Resign.
i think they are fine......infantry runs the early game yes but everyone can build them....if you nerf them then they would be useless in mid-late game.......if you want to sit back and tech up til you can get tanks out with no defense that is on you and if you get punished for it, its your own fault........imo everyone should be building an early infantry army so that you can gain map control and then you transition into whatever you want to build.......unskilled, whiny, unknowledgeable people are whats gonna ruin this game with nonsense feedback posts.
Marauders and ghosts also work just fine against Marines
3v3 is unplayable with marines being this freaking strong. 8 marine squads at my base under 3 minutes... blows up all my turrets....this game is a joke
i think they are fine......infantry runs the early game yes but everyone can build them....if you nerf them then they would be useless in mid-late game.......if you want to sit back and tech up til you can get tanks out with no defense that is on you and if you get punished for it, its your own fault........imo everyone should be building an early infantry army so that you can gain map control and then you transition into whatever you want to build.......unskilled, whiny, unknowledgeable people are whats gonna ruin this game with nonsense feedback posts.
this post is beyond ignorant...3v3 is unplayable with how strong marines are.
MandalsTV wrote:
3v3 is unplayable with marines being this freaking strong. 8 marine squads at my base under 3 minutes... blows up all my turrets....this game is a joke
I'd guess those 8 marine squads aren't from the same player. If your team is not helping out then it's not a marine problem.
MandalsTV wrote:
If its 3v3 8 Marines shouldn't be a problem. You have 2 allies who could've helped, just as much opportunity to build Marines and the home advantage of being near base turrets. Between the 3 of you, you had at least 6-9 infantry squads and turrets. Build a scout in the first few seconds of the game, see what their base looks like. Also that same scout gathers resources much faster than infantry and gets to the crates quicker too. Build a mini base to get 2 infantry/ scout queues going. But you have to scout, this is the most crucial aspect of the early minutes and remains important all game. With just 10-30 seconds notice your allies could've been half way back to your base and you could have a few extra units building.
Gwan Solo wrote:
MandalsTV wrote:
If its 3v3 8 Marines shouldn't be a problem. You have 2 allies who could've helped, just as much opportunity to build Marines and the home advantage of being near base turrets. Between the 3 of you, you had at least 6-9 infantry squads and turrets. Build a scout in the first few seconds of the game, see what their base looks like. Also that same scout gathers resources much faster than infantry and gets to the crates quicker too. Build a mini base to get 2 infantry/ scout queues going. But you have to scout, this is the most crucial aspect of the early minutes and remains important all game. With just 10-30 seconds notice your allies could've been half way back to your base and you could have a few extra units building.
my point....is I don't want to marine rush every single game and that's all people do cause marines are too damn strong
Waere wrote:
MandalsTV wrote:
I'd guess those 8 marine squads aren't from the same player. If your team is not helping out then it's not a marine problem.
no there are or two players hit 1 base within 2-3 minutes. If you don't marine rush yourself you lose. Don't say snipers counter them cause they take almost twice as long to make, and by the time you counter the marines the next guy is at your base with sentinels....again another rush that's extremely effective.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2