Matchmaking 3V3 in Onyx/Champ "Main Issue"

OP YUNG JeD1

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Ever notice how many champ players have such winning high ratios? its because they team up with other Champ players who are also in the really top levels. So ultimately they never lose a game. They all 3 have headsets and communicate with each other. I find its a big problem when you solo in 3V3s and i think its an issue that should be addressed and fixed. Because it is really noticeable when you play against partied up teams. (again i have no problem with partying up and dominating the leagues) But when I solo in 3v3 it seems im the only one with a headset trying to communicate a strategy and no one says a word. Im getting tired of having to Ping for help/to push or to get the nodes..etc.

My suggestion is that Partied up Teams in 3V3s or 2v2 should only play against partied up teams.

anyone else feels the same way or??
YUNG JeD1 wrote:
Ever notice how many champ players have such winning high ratios? its because they team up with other Champ players who are also in the really top levels. So ultimately they never lose a game. They all 3 have headsets and communicate with each other. I find its a big problem when you solo in 3V3s and i think its an issue that should be addressed and fixed. Because it is really noticeable when you play against partied up teams. (again i have no problem with partying up and dominating the leagues) But when I solo in 3v3 it seems im the only one with a headset trying to communicate a strategy and no one says a word. Im getting tired of having to Ping for help/to push or to get the nodes..etc.

My suggestion is that Partied up Teams in 3V3s or 2v2 should only play against partied up teams.

I don't feel this way. You make the choice to play ranked (which usually is partied up teams) so you go into it with a disadvantage. One thing I would really like to see is a playlist where parties are not allowed, similar to the original HW. I really would like to see that come back, but I don't see the point in complaining about people who play team games with a team that they know.
DA Cleric wrote:
YUNG JeD1 wrote:

I don't feel this way. You make the choice to play ranked (which usually is partied up teams) so you go into it with a disadvantage. One thing I would really like to see is a playlist where parties are not allowed, similar to the original HW. I really would like to see that come back, but I don't see the point in complaining about people who play team games with a team that they know.
i dont have a problem with that im saying there should be a separate game mode for those who solo in 3V3s.
DA Cleric wrote:
YUNG JeD1 wrote:

again you seem to be more into the Solo 1v1s.

i play 3v3 so I notice the pattern and the problem that is facing when your in the Onyx and Champ levels.
Some people have to complain about every little thing in games I guess. I find this ridiculous lol. 343, please ignore.
I don't think its ridiculous, it is how HW1 worked. If they end up moving everything to X-play, then the lists will be reduced anyway, so why not add one that is 3v3 solo queue only?

I'm not as good as Jedi, but I still get my share of partied teams, and they are most often guaranteed losses.
Dood you're putting yourself at a huge disadvantage, have you ever heard of a newly developed thing from the Mountains over in Thailand called LFG? It's really amazing I mean you can even form a fireteam with it and you won't have to Solo queue.
BEST SOLUTION EVER: don't que for 3's alone. Problem solved.
I think fractioning the player base would not be a good thing to do. I understand what you are saying and agree that it is not ideal - but like many other have said, you can recruit a team to play. Or - if you are worried about losing ranks, there are alternative non-ranked playlists should teammates not be on.

Cheers,
Postums
Postums wrote:
I think fractioning the player base would not be a good thing to do. I understand what you are saying and agree that it is not ideal - but like many other have said, you can recruit a team to play. Or - if you are worried about losing ranks, there are alternative non-ranked playlists should teammates not be on.

Cheers,
Postums
I respectfully disagree. Irregardless of rank, matchmaking system is suppose to do its best to find a "good game." Obviously I don't have the statistics, but based on the number of 85%+ win ratios you see that Jedi talked about, I think its pretty likely the statistics would show a huge imbalance of 3 randoms vs 3 partied. I don't see why this shouldn't be taken into consideration when trying to find a "good game."

Take any given game where 3 randoms are matched with 3 partied, and I bet those 3 randoms would prefer to play against other 3 randoms. All the partied groups would still use the original play list, so all that would happen is their "stomping ratio" would decrease.....which, imo, is how it should be.

<3
YUNG JeD1 wrote:

I think the point is to party up, but the choice to search alone. Also I see where your coming from you only being 33% of the solution in 3s makes it hard to carry without communication. You should know that making more playlist divides the community further. I don’t think the pro outweighs the con. Let’s say you can search alone but then you can’t find a game. Might not be relevant right now but as the game dies it will get worse.
D3Iinquent wrote:
YUNG JeD1 wrote:

I think the point is to party up, but the choice to search alone. Also I see where your coming from you only being 33% of the solution in 3s makes it hard to carry without communication. You should know that making more playlist divides the community further. I don’t think the pro outweighs the con. Let’s say you can search alone but then you can’t find a game. Might not be relevant right now but as the game dies it will get worse.
All 343 has done was merge playlists. They even made PC a viable choice so to speak with crossplay. The game might not be a big hit but it's not dead and always has people on at every hour of the day, even after a year.
D3Iinquent wrote:
YUNG JeD1 wrote:
Let’s say you can search alone but then you can’t find a game. Might not be relevant right now but as the game dies it will get worse.
I think implementing it as a separate "solo-queue" 3v3 x-war play list, and leaving the current one as-is, would solve this problem. If a year from now queue times are too large, then all they have to do is take it away.

I again point out that this is how HW1 operated, and you could still find games 5+ years after its release. I also predict HW2 is going to have a lot more "staying power" then HW1 did. I have a lot of nostalgia for HW1, but HW2 is just a better balanced and supported game.
BEST SOLUTION EVER: don't que for 3's alone. Problem solved.
ya because ill wait for someone to party up with makes alot of sense.
<blockquote class="box-quote" data-username="JWEEZwitdaBLEEZ" data-postid="5">
<p>Some people have to complain about every little thing in games I guess. I find this ridiculous lol. 343, please ignore.</p>
</blockquote>
<p></p>
<p>&lt;blockquote class="box-quote" data-username="Zildjians" data-postid="10"&gt;</p>
<p>&lt;blockquote class="box-quote specific specific9" data-username="Postums" data-postid="9"&gt;</p>
<p>&lt;p&gt;I think fractioning the player base would not be a good thing to do. I understand what you are saying and agree that it is not ideal - but like many other have said, you can recruit a team to play. Or - if you are worried about losing ranks, there are alternative non-ranked playlists should teammates not be on.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Cheers,&lt;/p&gt;</p>
<p>&lt;p&gt;Postums&lt;/p&gt;</p>
<p>&lt;/blockquote&gt;</p>
<p>&lt;p&gt;I respectfully disagree. Irregardless of rank, matchmaking system is suppose to do its best to find a "good game." Obviously I don't have the statistics, but based on the number of 85%+ win ratios you see that Jedi talked about, I think its pretty likely the statistics would show a huge imbalance of 3 randoms vs 3 partied. I don't see why this shouldn't be taken into consideration when trying to find a "good game."&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Take any given game where 3 randoms are matched with 3 partied, and I bet those 3 randoms would prefer to play against other 3 randoms. All the partied groups would still use the original play list, so all that would happen is their "stomping ratio" would decrease.....which, imo, is how it should be.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&amp;lt;&lt;/p&gt;</p>
<p>&lt;/blockquote&gt;</p>
Some people have to complain about every little thing in games I guess. I find this ridiculous lol. 343, please ignore.
then you obviously dont play Solo in 3VS3. so it shouldnt concern you because you probably dont notice the problem.

the past experience ive had so far in the champ/onyx league ive notice the BIG difference when your matched against a Partied Team.

Currently if you random Solo NOBODY communicates which i dont understand why. This already creates an advantage to a party who does and when you play against onyx and champ players your dealing with reasonably experienced/good/pro players.

I shouldnt have to go to forums to FIND someone to play with that has a headset. HW1 did it correct? Am i saying we should go back, Im just saying its a problem being exploited to those who are high levels. go see the stats of those who win 80% of the time. im telling you they are not Soloing. They team with other high levels and just crush everyone because of the fact theres no actual balance in the 3vs3.

thats just my opinion.
YUNG JeD1 wrote:
then you obviously dont play Solo in 3VS3. so it shouldnt concern you because you probably dont notice the problem.

the past experience ive had so far in the champ/onyx league ive notice the BIG difference when your matched against a Partied Team.

Currently if you random Solo NOBODY communicates which i dont understand why. This already creates an advantage to a party who does and when you play against onyx and champ players your dealing with reasonably experienced/good/pro players.

I shouldnt have to go to forums to FIND someone to play with that has a headset. HW1 did it correct? Am i saying we should go back, Im just saying its a problem being exploited to those who are high levels. go see the stats of those who win 80% of the time. im telling you they are not Soloing. They team with other high levels and just crush everyone because of the fact theres no actual balance in the 3vs3.

thats just my opinion.
Zildjians wrote:
D3Iinquent wrote:
YUNG JeD1 wrote:
Let’s say you can search alone but then you can’t find a game. Might not be relevant right now but as the game dies it will get worse.
I think implementing it as a separate "solo-queue" 3v3 x-war play list, and leaving the current one as-is, would solve this problem. If a year from now queue times are too large, then all they have to do is take it away.

I again point out that this is how HW1 operated, and you could still find games 5+ years after its release. I also predict HW2 is going to have a lot more "staying power" then HW1 did. I have a lot of nostalgia for HW1, but HW2 is just a better balanced and supported game.
i agree 100%. youll start noticing the problem i speak of, when you play the high ranks. im not crying about it. its just not "fair" for someone who solo queues in a 3v3 mode.
Believe me if i had a high leveled experience squad my winning ratio would be high as well.

just check the game history of most players that have high winning ratios youll see the exact same pattern.
YUNG JeD1 wrote:
YUNG JeD1 wrote:

thats just my opinion.
Zildjians wrote:
D3Iinquent wrote:
YUNG JeD1 wrote:

i agree 100%. youll start noticing the problem i speak of, when you play the high ranks. im not crying about it. its just not "fair" for someone who solo queues in a 3v3 mode.
Believe me if i had a high leveled experience squad my winning ratio would be high as well.

just check the game history of most players that have high winning ratios youll see the exact same pattern.
<p>&lt;p&gt;&lt;/p&gt;</p>
YUNG JeD1 wrote:
YUNG JeD1 wrote:

thats just my opinion.
Zildjians wrote:
D3Iinquent wrote:
YUNG JeD1 wrote:

Sounds like maybe you and Zjildian should be teaming up. But for real, I dont think that making a new playlist would solve your problem. Sounds like you just need a group of people to play with/a team. There are several discords dedicated to hw2 with ppl that would play with you. I recommend looking there. Good luck!
YUNG JeD1 wrote:
YUNG JeD1 wrote:
thats just my opinion.
Zildjians wrote:
D3Iinquent wrote:
YUNG JeD1 wrote:
Sounds like maybe you and Zjildian should be teaming up. But for real, I dont think that making a new playlist would solve your problem. Sounds like you just need a group of people to play with/a team. There are several discords dedicated to hw2 with ppl that would play with you. I recommend looking there. Good luck!
again. I shouldnt have to look elsewhere to play with players who have mics. I checked ur game history and this problem does not concern you because you seem to always be teaming up with the same partner. You won some and lost some. Try soloing in 3vs3. and youll see the problem you face when you start losing games then youll maybe have a different opinion.

I solod through 3vs3 and made it to champ without a partner theres a lot more work to be done believe me
YUNG JeD1 wrote:
YUNG JeD1 wrote:
YUNG JeD1 wrote:
thats just my opinion.
Zildjians wrote:
D3Iinquent wrote:
YUNG JeD1 wrote:
again. I shouldnt have to look elsewhere to play with players who have mics. I checked ur game history and this problem does not concern you because you seem to always be teaming up with the same partner. You won some and lost some. Try soloing in 3vs3. and youll see the problem you face when you start losing games then youll maybe have a different opinion.

I solod through 3vs3 and made it to champ without a partner theres a lot more work to be done believe me
Have you tried to reach out to other solo querers and get a team? The problem here is not the playlists. It's solo queing. It's a team mode, it's meant for teams. If you don't want to spend a lil extra time finding some friends to play with, then I suggest you try ones.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4