OP YUNG JeD1

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
YUNG JeD1 wrote:
I’m trying to prove there’s a huuuge advantage for partnered teams.
There's no need to prove this. Everyone knows that teams working together will do better.

Why can't you just accept that there's just a limit to how far solo-queuing can take you? Not being able to get into champ isn't the game's fault.

Why should high level players in teams suffer long wait times looking for other teams to satisfy people who want to get into champ for playing the game in a sub-optimal manner? There are community competitions for high level players to test their skills, the very best players will do customs against one another rather than searching on ladder

I like playing against other teams for a more interesting game with the chance of better spoils for a win, but I also want to actually get a game in the first place!

Why should lower level teams get constantly creamed in what would end up being a top-heavy playlist? Low level players would have even less reason to team up, which is the opposite of what needs to be encouraged for those players.
Your last point IS the current state, though. If I was brand new with no XBL friends and jumped into 3v3 solo right now, i could run right smack dab into a champ-onyx-champ combo. At least with a guaranteed solo across the board setup, I could hope for evened offs at the start. And this isn't a ridiculous hypothetical "what if?"; my last match with jedi was him (current onyx and former 3v3 champ), me (current onyx, peak solo onyx 1700) and a guy in his 5th game.
<p></p>
If it was your first game and you ran into champs, then that to me is evidence that the player base is too small to find good players for the champs with MMRs similar to theirs. Consequently they will earn no CSR and you will loose no CSR. That's how ranked works.

Generally, when I jump into a ranked play list, I play to win and try to leave nothing to chance. If you teamed up with Jedi then you would be doing the same, and would both benefit in terms of ranking and enjoyment. Even in a solo-queue playlist there would be a strong element of chance and you would end-up having to do the same rush strats.

You both clearly want to do well and get good games. I don't get why you don't just team up together? Maybe then you'll get more contentious games against the likes of me and Sup3riorArs3nal - who are similar ranks to you guys. It really is a lot more fun than solo queuing! I solo queued a lot when I first got the game - no one I knew had bought it. I eventually got into Onyx and realized that to get further I had to cheese - like proper cheddar cheese my opponents, which at first gets boring and then starts to not work. I realized then that to have more fun I needed to team up. Even if there was a solo queue playlist, would it really change your play-style? Or would you just do the same thing through fear of your team mates not being very good? I know I would! The best (and most fun) games are when you combine certain leaders in good team work. Solo queuing takes away one of the best parts of the in-game experience.
Listen at the end of the day , the majority new players and current players are solo queuers. (If not prove me wrong).
When they’ll end up playing these coordinated teams on a regular and get destroyed within the 5 minutes of the game they’ll quit and play another game. A lot of new solo queuers won’t touch 1v1 because they aren’t comfortable enough yet to play alone because they haven’t learned the strategies so they go to team war or ranked modes.
It’s not enjoyable for me and others because of the disadvantage. ( I truly love the game and I only want to see if there is improvements that can be made). So atleast make it fair ?

Again some players prefer soloing because either they don’t have enough time to search For friends or they simply just prefer it. Why should their experience be less enjoyable than coordinated MLG pro players. (These players thrive off winning 20 games in a row . And trust me i know it’s fun when you’re teamed up and you win that’s many.

Now imagine the 3v3 party only game modes , if it’s well promoted and executed by 343 ...the possibilities are endless. (Clan tags along with actual intense epic battles, live streams..both teams would be actually coordinated). This mode would encourage for me and others to actually go out and try to form a team and there would actually be a purpose. Kind of Rocket League ? League of Legends ?

the reason why these parties teams do custom games against others partied teams is because they wont lose there rank. Once they are done with the custom games they go back to 3v3 and just dominate.

-I don’t see why 343 wouldn’t have tournaments or announcements that show in the main menus interface.its not user friendly at all.Nobody knows about anything that’s going on unless you come on this website. (The majority of players who comment on these forums are people who have experienced this game for a long time.-

Right now in the current state this game is it will slowly hurt the average solo players....and within a year you’ll lose these players for good. Guaranteed.
Just tonight none of my normal teammates were on/available. What did I do? I went to Looking for Group and found a team of 2 onyx players I had never met before instantly. Wow, so much time investment. Truly a struggle to find teammates.

Also, like I said, most my normal teammates were acquired through playing team war and sending a "GG want to team up" after a good win. It is not hard or time consuming to find similarly skilled players to team up with.

A "Team Only" playlist is still going to result in horrible matches against a lower rank team. A "Solo Only" playlist is going to do the same. The only people that benefit from a solo playlist are the solo "big fish" like you, who would no doubt destroy poorly ranked matched opponents with a good rush. However your W/L isn't going to change much because it still comes down to luck. Stuck with a Plat 1 and a Gold 3 on your team while the other team has two diamonds and an Onyx, good luck. The solo queue issues don't end going against coordinated teams, they continue on with the lower population.

It just seems absolutely silly to me that one can complain "I'm soloing in a TEAM playlist and struggling with high onyx/champ progression." Like, uhh, that's kinda the point. Followed up with "OMG I have 2,000+ games but I can't spare 10 seconds after each match to ask for a team up, or browse Looking For Groups for 10 seconds, or make my own looking for group post in 10 seconds." The entire point of the high end of the team ranked playlists is to team up and should come as a natural progression.
Just tonight none of my normal teammates were on/available. What did I do? I went to Looking for Group and found a team of 2 onyx players I had never met before instantly. Wow, so much time investment. Truly a struggle to find teammates.

Also, like I said, most my normal teammates were acquired through playing team war and sending a "GG want to team up" after a good win. It is not hard or time consuming to find similarly skilled players to team up with.

A "Team Only" playlist is still going to result in horrible matches against a lower rank team. A "Solo Only" playlist is going to do the same. The only people that benefit from a solo playlist are the solo "big fish" like you, who would no doubt destroy poorly ranked matched opponents with a good rush. However your W/L isn't going to change much because it still comes down to luck. Stuck with a Plat 1 and a Gold 3 on your team while the other team has two diamonds and an Onyx, good luck. The solo queue issues don't end going against coordinated teams, they continue on with the lower population.

It just seems absolutely silly to me that one can complain "I'm soloing in a TEAM playlist and struggling with high onyx/champ progression." Like, uhh, that's kinda the point. Followed up with "OMG I have 2,000+ games but I can't spare 10 seconds after each match to ask for a team up, or browse Looking For Groups for 10 seconds, or make my own looking for group post in 10 seconds." The entire point of the high end of the team ranked playlists is to team up and should come as a natural progression.
You obviously didn’t get the entire point if you want me to re explain through chat send a party we’ll play together while I explain to you how all this can be beneficial for everybody ;). I don’t know how much more you want me to explain any clearer that many choose to play solo in a TEAM playlist. But the problem with this community is nobody communicates so the ones that do communicate take advantage of the situation to dominate every season. They wouldn’t dominate as much if they had their own playlist of party only. It’s really not that difficult what some of us suggesting. Right now its 4 in the morning I want to play a quick solo game in 3v3 now now without having to wait. Give us options if i want to team up and do the extra effort I’ll know theres à playlist just for that.

your last 3v3 games your winning against gold players and platinums relax dude while being in a party. These poor new players didn’t even have the chance to squeeze a fart out. Cmon like admit I’m somewhat right .
YUNG JeD1 wrote:

You obviously didn’t get the entire point if you want me to re explain through chat send a party we’ll play together while I explain to you how all this can be beneficial for everybody ;). I don’t know how much more you want me to explain any clearer that many choose to play solo in a TEAM playlist. But the problem with this community is nobody communicates so the ones that do communicate take advantage of the situation to dominate every season. They wouldn’t dominate as much if they had their own playlist of party only. It’s really not that difficult what some of us suggesting. Right now its 4 in the morning I want to play a quick solo game in 3v3 now now without having to wait. Give us options if i want to team up and do the extra effort I’ll know theres à playlist just for that.

your last 3v3 games your winning against gold players and platinums relax dude while being in a party. These poor new players didn’t even have the chance to squeeze a fart out. Cmon like admit I’m somewhat right .
Being coordinated wouldn't have helped them (the last two had duo ques for example). The problem is the low population forcing mismatched ranks. A solo and a team playlist won't fix this. All it will do is have players like you beat up on newbs with rushes in solo until you get newbs on your team vs a higher rank team of solo players, and onyx/champ teams continuing to dominate over platinum and gold teams. Again, you make a choice to handicap yourself by playing solo in a ranked team playlist when it is not hard or time consuming to find teammates. Solo que Xwar to start the night, then send a good teammate a team up message after the match. It is that easy. No "wasting time" or "waiting around" more than a few seconds after each match. I found a group of two onyx players I had never met instantly with Looking for Group, I sent them the "interested" message with my skill level and got an instant party invite.
YUNG JeD1 wrote:
Ever notice how many champ players have such winning high ratios? its because they team up with other Champ players who are also in the really top levels. So ultimately they never lose a game. They all 3 have headsets and communicate with each other. I find its a big problem when you solo in 3V3s and i think its an issue that should be addressed and fixed. Because it is really noticeable when you play against partied up teams. (again i have no problem with partying up and dominating the leagues) But when I solo in 3v3 it seems im the only one with a headset trying to communicate a strategy and no one says a word. Im getting tired of having to Ping for help/to push or to get the nodes..etc.

My suggestion is that Partied up Teams in 3V3s or 2v2 should only play against partied up teams.

anyone else feels the same way or??
with a low pop of players this wouldn't love anything not when anyone could just go on game hub and find a team
How does the game justify putting rank 1 players or much lower ranks on my team in 3v3 x Blitz? Against a team with much higher ranks...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4