Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Micro transactions for unit skins

OP professorxsmurf

Just my personal opinion but I really think the developers should consider micro transactions for unit skins like the flames some pre orderers got for warthogs. Would be a cool way for the devs that we all appreciate to continue making money off the game without sacrificing the games integrity. I would definitely like this addition and was wondering what the community thinks..
I pre-ordered the ultimate edition and my warthogs don't have flames 🤔
Wouldn't mind it at all if it happened.
I would really like to see unit skins. I think it would be very interesting if there were also different models that you could buy as well, lfor example: maybe you could purchase a model for the marine squad that makes them look like the halo 3 marines, and a different one that make them look like the army troopers from Reach. Stuff like that would be very cool to see in Halo Wars 2.
I think he was talking about the skins you get in halo wars definitive edition for digitally pre-ordering the ultimate edition of Halo Wars 2. They are only on the original Halo Wars.
Just my personal opinion but I really think the developers should consider micro transactions for unit skins like the flames some pre orderers got for warthogs. Would be a cool way for the devs that we all appreciate to continue making money off the game without sacrificing the games integrity. I would definitely like this addition and was wondering what the community thinks..
I was even thinking about customizing the Hologram you can see in some units of Blitz but implement on the multiplayer. Do you know what I mean? Like the scary gosht that has a hologram on the top of a Skull... I can see that kind of thing for the multiplayer, you can have your hero unit with that hologram, with different options: skull, halo ring, angry grunt face... those logos you can see in Halo games. It could be a funny addition and still noticeable in the game. Vehicles skins are cool, but sometimes I don't feel they are strong enough to perceive sometimes.
I don't think it's reasonable to even consider charging money for anything in HW2 when there are still many game breaking bugs and it's been almost 2 years without fixes. Not to mention it seems pretty ridiculous to me that I'm going to be charged more for I game I've already paid over £100 for. Some bugs are slowly getting fixed but it's been and continues to be a very slow process.
I don't think it's reasonable to even consider charging money for anything in HW2 when there are still many game breaking bugs and it's been almost 2 years without fixes. Not to mention it seems pretty ridiculous to me that I'm going to be charged more for I game I've already paid over £100 for. Some bugs are slowly getting fixed but it's been and continues to be a very slow process.
I second this. I would be excited to see some cool skins for this game, but the priority has to be getting it to a polished and finished state. 2+ years later with broken achievements and regular crashes is not good at all for a triple-A game, let alone a Microsoft exclusive. 343i still has a lot of work to do.
Yeah! What the frick, 343!?!
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I would really like to see unit skins. I think it would be very interesting if there were also different models that you could buy as well, lfor example: maybe you could purchase a model for the marine squad that makes them look like the halo 3 marines, and a different one that make them look like the army troopers from Reach. Stuff like that would be very cool to see in Halo Wars 2.
That’s still a skin tho
I still love the flames and designs on my Warthogs and Wraiths in the Definitive Edition.

Also, I've been seeing people with strange camo paint jobs on their Condors, what's that about?
I still love the flames and designs on my Warthogs and Wraiths in the Definitive Edition.

Also, I've been seeing people with strange camo paint jobs on their Condors, what's that about?
The camo paint jobs are from the paint dlc in the store for around £3

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/halo-wars-2-custom-warpaint/bvmcgc71q0d0?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

The camo paint jobs are from the paint dlc in the store for around £3

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/halo-wars-2-custom-warpaint/bvmcgc71q0d0?activetab=pivot:overviewtab
Oh thanks friend!