Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Mid season patch tier list 5/14

OP LilBankz41

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Honestly I don't see why Johnson needs a buff aside from his siege turret drop (Not enough payout compared to other turret drops, even when used properly).
IMO, he's the most balanced leader I've played to date, with counters to short-duration leader powers with his mech overcharge, great map control using bunkers in tandem with decent infantry units such as CT Marines, and the ability to quickly set up bases late game with Digging in Deep. (Though to be fair, it's only best used in Firefight.)

Mantises are still better than hogs IMO, and Colossi in support can easily wipe armies (especially with vehicle based leaders like Isabel or Forge if you open with EMP MAC).
Honestly I don't see why Johnson needs a buff aside from his siege turret drop (Not enough payout compared to other turret drops, even when used properly).
IMO, he's the most balanced leader I've played to date, with counters to short-duration leader powers with his mech overcharge, great map control using bunkers in tandem with decent infantry units such as CT Marines, and the ability to quickly set up bases late game with Digging in Deep. (Though to be fair, it's only best used in Firefight.)

Mantises are still better than hogs IMO, and Colossi in support can easily wipe armies (especially with vehicle based leaders like Isabel or Forge if you open with EMP MAC).
He's definitely better than he used to be, and with other leaders being toned down, his specific weaknesses aren't as crippling as before either. Right now I'd prefer they focus on addressing the remaining inconsistencies regarding leader powers like Digging In and Bunker Drop. These include turrets not getting any discounts on the first point, and Lvl1 bunkers not getting the Lvl2 upgrades applied to them.
I agree, though I can understand the turrets. It'd make Johnson a little too strong against rushes, and as is he can easily fend off rushes with a few bunkers inhabited by those same marines. Though I think it applies to the same rules around other drop turrets, I don't think they upgrade if already dropped.
I agree, though I can understand the turrets. It'd make Johnson a little too strong against rushes, and as is he can easily fend off rushes with a few bunkers inhabited by those same marines. Though I think it applies to the same rules around other drop turrets, I don't think they upgrade if already dropped.
Serena's frost turrets are great against Goliath rushes and cryo Siege Turrets. Anders gets shields and Siege Turret Sentinels. Obviously the life steal helps a lot, but putting 2 Leader Points for a 60 supply per standard turret discount, that doesn't discount any energy cost either, isn't a viable strategy when Bunker or Restoration Drones are better alternatives.
AYF 001 wrote:
Serena's frost turrets are great against Goliath rushes and cryo Siege Turrets. Anders gets shields and Siege Turret Sentinels. Obviously the life steal helps a lot, but putting 2 Leader Points for a 60 supply per standard turret discount, that doesn't discount any energy cost either, isn't a viable strategy when Bunker or Restoration Drones are better alternatives.
Then bunkers and restoration drones are meant to be how Johnson was supposed to fend off rushes? Johnson in a bunker can shred hordes, even in early game
AYF 001 wrote:
Then bunkers and restoration drones are meant to be how Johnson was supposed to fend off rushes? Johnson in a bunker can shred hordes, even in early game
Oh believe me, I agree that Johnson + Bunker + Drones is a strong build. To the point that there's not much reason to rely on Digging In to give life steal, when I can strategically place the bunker to let the Healing Beacon and Drones repair both. I'm suggesting we buff the passives Digging In provides to make it a more competitive choice vs Drones.
Honestly? I wouldn't be opposed, though with Johnson's style I personally would like to see Digging In affect the Base upgrades you can purchase in the armory, make them cheaper and faster to purchase
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2