Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

More skirmish maps

OP KlutzyImp4082

I love halo wars and wars 2 but ive noticed that the skirmish maps seem to be becoming quite dull can we get some more? And like halo one can we choose the map size ( ex. 1v1 in halo wars you could play on 3v3 map with out limited 6 bases you could have the ability for many many more bases.) Hw2 needs more skirmish maps and a few bugs fixed one being the logs locking back up after you unlock them and the theater vids departure and halt locking up.... -Shaderunner out
Maybe when they are done with halo infinite they could spare a moment to give us a few more maps??
dansdeep wrote:
Maybe when they are done with halo infinite they could spare a moment to give us a few more maps??
Maybe a couple weeks? I love HW2! I wanna see it grow and develop!
dansdeep wrote:
Maybe a couple weeks? I love HW2! I wanna see it grow and develop!
Realistically they wouldn't have to. If they had "a couple of weeks" they could release details on how to create custom maps and the community would patch that hole for them.

They couldn't monetize that approach however. Maybe if they have an in-house map maker program then they could put a cost on that and release it. If such a program doesn't exist than this is just a pipe dream because it would take more than a couple of weeks to create for sure.
And then there's the legal aspect, even if they did have an in house editor they'd have to rip everything that's not fit for the general public.

Outside of that the best hope is that they use commercial tools. However this is also unlikely as I would imagine most of that sort of thing would be created in the engine.

I would love to see a new map dlc however, either community created, paid or otherwise.
I love halo wars and wars 2 but ive noticed that the skirmish maps seem to be becoming quite dull can we get some more? And like halo one can we choose the map size ( ex. 1v1 in halo wars you could play on 3v3 map with out limited 6 bases you could have the ability for many many more bases.) Hw2 needs more skirmish maps and a few bugs fixed one being the logs locking back up after you unlock them and the theater vids departure and halt locking up.... -Shaderunner out
While I agree,there most likely wont be any new maps or any new dlc for hw2.I miss the map variety hw1 had
A snow map would be amazing. The units could leave foot prints and tyre tracks in the snow and there could be ice blocks and stuff. Would look amazing! Maybe a Christmas gift from 343?
We could use alot more maps or even a forge map... Where we can create custom maps for what we like that would be fun and be interesting on how many maps could be made..
The ultimate dream for creatives.
dansdeep wrote:
A snow map would be amazing. The units could leave foot prints and tyre tracks in the snow and there could be ice blocks and stuff. Would look amazing! Maybe a Christmas gift from 343?
Yea and instead of sentinels, you get Senta's ELFS. Would be a "cool" holiday teaser.
dansdeep wrote:
Doubt it sadly.
If they came out with a dlc for more custom or skirmish maps or even for a map forger update i would buy it... We need more maps to keep the game entertaining
Iirc at some point they said all maps would be free for everybody so as not to split the playerbase. (If that is what they said then I guess they meant they were going to release 2 bad maps no one would be willing to pay for so they were going to give them away so people got less pissed about atn).

At the moment we aren't even getting critical bug fixes, only balance changes (they've been teasing that something might be coming for months but never followed through) so don't expect anything new to come any time soon.
If they came out with a dlc for more custom or skirmish maps or even for a map forger update i would buy it... We need more maps to keep the game entertaining
Halo wars 1 maps all the way. HW2 has maps with different names but they are all the same.
Honestly I feel like the DLC is easy, just touch up a few HW1 maps and bam, you have new maps.
However, I feel like for now, at least, patches are it. Not only is Halo Infinite more than likely going to be more profitable as an FPS, it's going to be a more trying project requiring more resources (they even made an entire engine dedicated to this.).