Most wanted changes

OP RockGENERATION

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Besides the obvious game breaker right now, just make a short list saying what needs to be done in the next update.
Infusion still OP
Marauders still broken
nuchey wrote:
Infusion still OP
Marauders still broken
How are marauders still broken? They seem in line now but something does need to change on how easy they are to produce vs how costly anti-vehicle units are to produce.
in game ranked leaderboard.
flamehog buff maybe.
goliath cost increase.
jackrabbit buff.
canister shell needs to have a bigger splash radius.
rift has a set of supplies that you cant fully grab.
IxJeddeyxI wrote:
flamehog buff maybe.
goliath cost increase.
jackrabbit buff.
I agree on everything but flamehog buff, they shred infantry
Two 3v3 playlists.
In one playlist you are forced to play with two friends and in the second you have to search on your own. So no teams of 3 will be matched against a Team of 3 Randoms.

Both playlist can be ranked.
AV needs to be buffed a little bit, hunters given a little more hp and cyclopes a bit higher dps against their counters.

Jackrabbit needs to be a little more efficient versus specialized units like elite enforcers, suicide grunts, snipers, elite rangers not core infantry/leaders.

Serina's freeze could use have a slow effect should less harsh when it just starts. Freeze aura around power nodes could be reduced by 20%
Frost Raven could use a build time decrease of about 4 seconds. Costs 250-100 and has a long build time as a second ability point but it's initial slow speed of freezing make it.

Hellbringers could use a cost increase to 90-40/85-45 to reflect their strength.

Protector Sentinels could use stat buffs in exchange for a supply increase to improve viability.

Maurader/Warthog nerf though might not be necessary if av is buffed.

Infusion nerf particularly later in the game instead of the beginning.

Unsc drops changed from stun to slow.
-AV buff

-Voridus Hero nerf

-Something to get Pavium's late game under control (maybe more cooldown on leaderpowers)

-Fix CoR Phantoms

-Reduce power cost of all Banished infantry (disregarding anti-building)
IxJeddeyxI wrote:
flamehog buff maybe.
goliath cost increase.
jackrabbit buff.
I agree on everything but flamehog buff, they shred infantry
they also shred most AV early game until T3
AV needs to be buffed a little bit, hunters given a little more hp and cyclopes a bit higher dps against their counters.

Jackrabbit needs to be a little more efficient versus specialized units like elite enforcers, suicide grunts, snipers, elite rangers not core infantry/leaders.

Serina's freeze could use have a slow effect should less harsh when it just starts. Freeze aura around power nodes could be reduced by 20%
Frost Raven could use a build time decrease of about 4 seconds. Costs 250-100 and has a long build time as a second ability point but it's initial slow speed of freezing make it.

Hellbringers could use a cost increase to 90-40/85-45 to reflect their strength.

Protector Sentinels could use stat buffs in exchange for a supply increase to improve viability.

Maurader/Warthog nerf though might not be necessary if av is buffed.

Infusion nerf particularly later in the game instead of the beginning.

Unsc drops changed from stun to slow.
I agree on everything but two things. UNSC stunning drops are often just a benefit without being OP such as ODST drop. Only reason I use ODST is because of stun because they are not strong enough for anything else to call down off CD just to be killed by Suicide Grunts or something. Also, Hellbringers are fine where they are as they are easily killed by Suicide Grunts and they lack a Y ability in exchange for a early a two types of counters.
nuchey wrote:
Infusion still OP
Marauders still broken
How are marauders still broken? They seem in line now but something does need to change on how easy they are to produce vs how costly anti-vehicle units are to produce.
they still rek there counter parts like hunters and cyclops
only thing that changed that air has a better chance of winning at least in my experiences
still broken though
Here's a list of things I'd like changed. The list isn't my all time-super-amazing-end-it-all list. Just something that I'd prefer they change but if they don't I wouldn't mind it too much.

1. Vultures:

Do you know how awesome it was to train mass vultures and reek havoc on bases by sniping them with the Phoenix missiles? Probably in the top 5 of most fun things. But for being so bulky and awesome they nerfed them so heavily Phoenix missile does almost nothing to buildings and they, in general, just don't output enough damage. However, I can see why someone would be mad to lose to this strategy so I can see why they nerfed it. But it was easily counterable with just 8-10 wolverines but not most armies have the budget to replace so much population just to counter this strategy so I can see why it would be considered "OP" or a cheese strategy. I say that a tiny buff is in order. Maybe a slight damage increase to their natural DPS and a very slight increase to the damage of Phoenix missles.

2. Wraiths:

Who here legitimately thinks wraiths are in a good spot right now? No one, ok. The "Y" ability "Scorch Mortar" is very underwhelming. I mean, cmon'. It's like "Yeah, I'll throw this thing at them and if they stand in it completely still then they'll slowly take damage and I'll have the advant-- oh wait, never mind they moved.". Micro is a thing, and scorch mortar is easily countable. But besides that the actual wraiths themselves are bad IMO. Their DPS is terribly slow. And since they lob big giant shiny globs micro makes them useless. Their cost is reasonably low though so I'll give them that. But other than that they are never good in an army so here are some ways to make them better. Change it's "Y" ability. Maybe make it a heavy ram where it's a slow ram but it does massive damage. Or if you must keep the "Y" ability make it stick to the enemy or make it travel faster and give them no time to react to it and move out the way in time. Maybe add some health if necessary, it already has a lot so this is debatable but a 5-10% buff would be cool. I want to train them, but I just can't bring myself to it due to the draw backs of using them. So lets make them usable again!

3. TFF changes: I love TFF, if they left it in it's current state I'd be fine with that. But if they added theses things it'd be pretty awesome. First I'd have to say is calculated drops. What do I mean? I mean instead of a drop containing something random contain something that is needed. One person has less than 1000 supplies? Drop supplies(Almost said "supply drops". *Shivers and cries in a corner over micro-transactions intensely*). In need of power, drop a pod with power in it. One person doesn't have anything really veteraned? Veterancy drop. Next change is too drop them in convenient locations. Their will be all three drop pod locations around the terminus wide open, but instead a veterancy drop which I desperately needed landed right in front of the spawn of where the enemy is coming out of. I say try to take up all the slots from the terminus and then the drop pods can slowly ripple outward. And the final change I would make is too add a "mixed" faction. I think this wouldn't necessarily "fix" TFF but it'd make it a lot more fun and cool. So this faction can only come up in the final 20 waves and it's a mix of units from each faction. So the anti-vehicle wave would consist of hunters, cyclops, vehicle infectors, and a few sentinels. Because what else are they gonna contribute? Maybe it'd be difficult but that's why it would randomly appear only in the final 20 waves. And there is no direct air wave as the regular wave is hard enough, but multiple factions and direct air would be outrageous.

That's it, feel free to critique, and share your opinions. I'm sure I could think of more but that's all I could think of off the top of my head. But always remember this is my opinion so don't call me stupid just because I think the Phoenix missiles need a buff. Thanks for reading!

:D
There are probably a lot of things that could use some balancing but what I think are the most important are:
1. The obvious one(Colony)
2. Voridus needs to actually be toned down a lot.
3. Pavium's mines needs to have a longer arm time so not to wipe out your army as easily as a click of the button during a fight. His ROF needs a bit less building damage. His leader might be a bit strong to but that's a maybe.
4. Serina seems a bit annoying sometimes but that could just be me
5. I think AV could use a slight buff

There are other things for sure, but just tweak those things right there, you have yourselves a more pleasant, fun, more fair and competitive game.

Did you play yomadoplays 1v1? He was really talking a lot of smack last night, I'd like to see that match or at least hear the results.
There are probably a lot of things that could use some balancing but what I think are the most important are:
3. Pavium's mines needs to have a longer arm time so not to wipe out your army as easily as a click of the button during a fight. His ROF needs a bit less building damage. His leader might be a bit strong to but that's a maybe.

There are other things for sure, but just tweak those things right there, you have yourselves a more pleasant, fun, more fair and competitive game.
Outside of these changes, I'd like to see T3 tanks become useful again. They aren't cost effective when you can just build really fast Warthogs or invincible Marauders.
Two 3v3 playlists.
In one playlist you are forced to play with two friends and in the second you have to search on your own. So no teams of 3 will be matched against a Team of 3 Randoms.

This is such a good idea I have to describe the gravity of it. It would offer more competitive play for everyone. A team of 3 will almost always beat a random team of 3, granted everyone is on the same level. With another playlist that disables party teams, it would be another fun playlist that shows who has the power of carrying or working together with random people on both sides making it very fair. To those who want to competitively play team 3v3s, it's all good because they will most likely play another team of 3! An extremely good idea that halo wars 1 had and not a soul complained about it.

Outside of these changes, I'd like to see T3 tanks become useful again. They aren't cost effective when you can just build really fast Warthogs or invincible Marauders.
I agree, perhaps wraiths too. I also forgot to mention the Phantoms or that COR thing has to be adjusted so there isn't an undefeatable army roaming around lol.
Two 3v3 playlists.

This is such a good idea I have to describe the gravity of it. It would offer more competitive play for everyone. A team of 3 will almost always beat a random team of 3, granted everyone is on the same level. With another playlist that disables party teams, it would be another fun playlist that shows who has the power of carrying or working together with random people on both sides making it very fair. To those who want to competitively play team 3v3s, it's all good because they will most likely play another team of 3! An extremely good idea that halo wars 1 had and not a soul complained about it.
I personally think it is a great idea, winners for both teams and open playlist. When you come up against a team it is usually obvious as they crush your team with well coordinated attacks and complimentary armies.
nuchey wrote:
Infusion still OP
Marauders still broken
Aside from this, a T1 vehicle shouldn't be able to beat a T3
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Infusion still OP
Marauders still broken
Aside from this, a T1 vehicle shouldn't be able to beat a T3
were those cyclops level 3 infantry upgrade? if they weren't then they shouldn't beat marauders then.
1. Vultures:

Do you know how awesome it was to train mass vultures and reek havoc on bases by sniping them with the Phoenix missiles? Probably in the top 5 of most fun things. But for being so bulky and awesome they nerfed them so heavily Phoenix missile does almost nothing to buildings and they, in general, just don't output enough damage. However, I can see why someone would be mad to lose to this strategy so I can see why they nerfed it. But it was easily counterable with just 8-10 wolverines but not most armies have the budget to replace so much population just to counter this strategy so I can see why it would be considered "OP" or a cheese strategy. I say that a tiny buff is in order. Maybe a slight damage increase to their natural DPS and a very slight increase to the damage of Phoenix missles.
Vultures were buffed last patch. Can confirm they are base busters again.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4