3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 14
jPiggyy wrote:
I know it's to late to change this, but honestly the brute chieftains name does not sound very intimidating or anything for that matter, yet you make him like the Master Chief. I don't really like how all the banished vehicles look robotic, it takes away the covenant feel and gives more of a forerunner feel. Not to mention the bases look the similar if not the same to the UNSC's base (I only played the banished once and I got destroyed, was planning on being them again so forgive me if I'm wrong). I'm anxious to know what other banished leaders there will be, if they are banished for that matter (honestly been hoping there would be multiple factions to be such as UNSC, Covenant faction, Flood, and Forerunner). Thanks for bringing a threatening/evil covenant faction that has a good name to them. I also agree with apothos (forgive me if I spelt his name wrong, the guys post before mine) I agree with it majorly, but not to the extreme anger of his. I do feel like there needs to be major differences between the two.
They are not the covernant though, they are the banished it the art design looks perfect for them seeming as they are brutes. More clunky and scrap metal like
It's like saying the premethouions are not covernant "like" and that's because they are a diffrent race and faction, the same with the banished, it's controlled by the brutes and they have their own style
A lot of people don't seem to understand this is a new rogue faction of Covenant races that are like a Mercenary Horde. They scavenge and build things different then the regular covenant or storm covenant. The buildings and vehicles are very fitting and well done with that theme if people would just stop hating on things and try to enjoy themselves and not be jaded. I would like to see the War Chieftain actually become Atrinox on the field though. The blisterbacks being Air ships that land and unleash artillery fire is actually amazing, it gives them good mobility till they set up that they wouldn't have as ground walkers. I love all the new units and can't wait to see more of what the Banished have in their arsenal. ~ A halo wars 1 General.
  1. WHERE IS THE SCARAB THE UNSC HAVE THEIR VULTURE
  2. COVENENT HERO FEELS WEAK
  3. UNIT SHEILDS SHOW UP POORLY
  4. WHY NO COVENENT TRANSPORT ABILLITY
  5. WHERE IS THE HERO RECALL ABILITY
  6. WHERE IS THE BANSHEE BOOST ABILITY
  7. JACKLE SNIPERS NEED TUNED. WHY NO GAUNTLET SHEILD OR BEAM RIFLE
1)No alerts for map events. My army might be getting decimated I don't receive any notification.
2)Cursor must be capable of locking on units. When I put it over a unit, I should see what unit it is, whether it has a Y ability and whether that ability is charging or not.
3)When I tell my army to go to point A a mark should appear so that I know that my order has been given.
4)When I try to attack a unit I should know if my unit's Y ability is effective.
5)When I select an upgrade it should be highlighted in a different colour.
6)When an upgrade or unit is being researched or trained it should be highlighted in a different colour like in the first game.
7)Make the old energy system return. The new one makes me need 3 times more buildings and time to build something.
8)Make the banished leaders useful through leader powers like the vortex and the max number of Spartans 3.
9)Give the banished a shield and make sure they play differently than the UNSC.
10)Make sure the bases have visible health, building and turret construction percentage can be seen and bases and buildings aren't destroyed faster than an Unggoy Squad.
11)Add more upgrades to the units.
12)Make a temple like structure for the banished so that their energy level plays different than the UNSC one and make sure both factions have a main Base concept.
13)Unlike the UNSC the banished have two non combatant units that do what a single UNSC non combat units does and they even cost more.
14)Make sure the banished leader can be separated from the troops.
15)Add Kig-Yar
16)Add ability to lock the Base.
17)Expand the army size by reducing the population cost of units by 200% or in some cases even 300%.
18)In Halo wars I could build an army of 40 marine squads of 6 marines. In Halo wars 2 I can build an army of 26 marine squads of 5.
In Halo wars I could make an army of 50 ghosts. In halo wars 2 I can make an army of 16 marauders. Excuse me but this is ridiculous and completely ruins epic fights and complex strategies.
19)Give locusts a Y ability and a shield.
20)Make a third faction so that I have to fight to get a Base instead of having 4 empty bases. Or use sentinels for that purpose.
21)Make sure all bases aren't next to each other. Fort Deen and Frozen Valley are good examples of this.
If I lose a Base in HW2 I lose all the rest because I can't make an army in time and even if I have an army I shouldn't lose my bases faster than my lowest ranking units.
22)Add teleport or spirit transport to the banished
23)Add a shield generator for the banished
24)Add upgrades for the Elite snipers
25)Add a scarab
26)Better colours. teams shouldn't be just shades of blue and red.
27)Redesign banished buildings coz I cannot tell them apart at glance.
28)Add more colour to buildings so I know to whom they belong. right now they are mostly white.
29)Replace suicide Grunts with Brutes that hold a weapon like the Brute shot. My units shouldn't commit suicide in order to deal a small amount of damage.
  1. WHERE IS THE SCARAB THE UNSC HAVE THEIR VULTURE
  2. COVENENT HERO FEELS WEAK
  3. UNIT SHEILDS SHOW UP POORLY
  4. WHY NO COVENENT TRANSPORT ABILLITY
  5. WHERE IS THE HERO RECALL ABILITY
  6. WHERE IS THE BANSHEE BOOST ABILITY
  7. JACKLE SNIPERS NEED TUNED. WHY NO GAUNTLET SHEILD OR BEAM RIFLE
1. Banished Scarabs where shown in promotional content, if not in the beta they will be in the full game.
2. The Banished are not the Covenant, Covenant is spelled Covenant not COVENENT in all caps.
3. There are no Jackal snipers in game atm. Those were Elite snipers. obviously explains why they don't have kig yar shields.

These points would come off a lot better if they weren't screamed in all caps and misspelled with wrong information.
Getting back to the Banished feedback I absolutely love what I've seen and prefer this over Prometheans any day
my major fix id like to see is when u build the leader building, he should come with it. i shouldnt have to build him. big change from the first i personally dont like.
also like someone else mentioned, id like to see a scarab. i know they can be powerful, but there was ways to stop them in the first one, so please add.
in my opinion i Love game/beta, love how familiar it is and how it feels like halo wars, as a fan of the first you got alot of things correct from what little time of the beta i played.
what is the Uber unit for the "banished"? UNSC has the vultures again but scarab is ominously absent. the blisterpods don't seem to do much, even though they seem to be the equivilent. i have used them a few times and am pretty underwhelmed.
my major fix id like to see is when u build the leader building, he should come with it. i shouldnt have to build him. big change from the first i personally dont like.
also like someone else mentioned, id like to see a scarab. i know they can be powerful, but there was ways to stop them in the first one, so please add.
in my opinion i Love game/beta, love how familiar it is and how it feels like halo wars, as a fan of the first you got alot of things correct from what little time of the beta i played.
I like this idea from the first Halo Wars that the leader building comes with the building. I also agree the scarab would be a nice addition. I know a lot people miss the covenant leader powers but I like the new hero/ leader for each fraction better. I think they did a great job with the graphics for the brute base. I hope that it look different from a covenant base.
Also the fact Jump-pack Brutes have hammers really confuses me, give them brute shots or something that makes sense and doesn't look ridiculous...
The one thing that is really getting on my nerves is the micro-managing of every single structure; it consumes a lot of time individually selecting every building to upgrade. It is especially cumbersome when playing as the Banished, with its myriad of upgrades.

I don't know if you guys at CA have played Red Alert 3, but the radial system in that worked very well on console. Not sure if it will help, but I think a redesign is in order.
Bring back drones as a flying unit, pretty cool idea no?
The Banished turrets don't fit in with the Banished theme; they look more droid-like and less Brutish in nature. The Warlord hero is also a little too weak, and I think that there should be an icon above his head.
The Brutes are pretty OP in DeathMatch, Esp w/the tripmine ability. They devistate buildings and units, and when you jump to a new location they can make the trip mines rain onto the battlefield causing devastation. They're extremely cheap and fast to produce, esp w/advanced logistics I/II/III. Plz nerf.

Another bug i found was that during the loading screen sometimes players won't appear right away. Usually it's player 2 of the red team that wont appear on the loading screen, making you think they disconnected or left before the match could finish loading.

Lastly, something causes the control to stop functioning ingame. Turning the controler off/on will return usability. --Note i was only able to use the dash button, and was able to use the controller on the dash just fine but not ingame. (This happened twice on different occasions so far, once right after upgrading a harvester and the second time was right when the game started).

Another thing is that the map in DM seems a bit dead, In HW1 it seemed a bit more alive since the AI factions/rebels were ther. It would be nice to see some form of return to make the game feel alive.
After playing a good amount of Deathmatch, I now know what the Eradication Leader Power is for. It's for destroying buildings. But holy freaking crap does it do too good of a job of doing just that! I'll meet a fully built enemy UNSC base, call Eradication on the center of it, and watch the entire thing blow up in 5 seconds. That is way too powerful! I don't mind it making the bases extremely weak and thus making it where all you have to do is clean up shop, but currently it just significantly punishes the enemy instantly. Reduce the damage, even by 25% would be fine. It should not destroy the entire base if it's fully built, just significantly weaken it.

The Elite Rangers definitely need some upgrades. Currently, they're quite weak, and not even good at doing their job. And they're significantly worse than the UNSC Snipers. My suggestion for the upgrade levels could be first to upgrade the Carbines to Beam Rifles (with no stun and less damage than the UNSC Snipers but shoots a bit faster), then give them the Active Camo (or to make them more unique from the UNSC Snipers, give them Personal Shields, although this would probably make them too good even if the shields are weak), and then possibly give them Focus Rifles (this would give them consistent damage from long range, but they are less powerful than the Stanchion Sniper Rifles).

The Blisterbacks are, sadly, not as effective as I'd love them to be. They're nice back-up support, but it seems like they tickle the enemy more than do any worthy damage when on the ground. Whether I decide to build Blisterbacks to back me up or not, I don't really notice any real difference with them there/not there. I simply suggest upping their ground damage. Obviously not too much, but enough to notice some kind of difference. They honestly seem to be more effective flying around than they do on the ground, which I'm assuming isn't the point of them.
The power abilities need to be massively changed. A friend and I hopped into a 2v2 on halo wars 1, to get a nice bit of relaxation (too many things are going on in halo wars 2, two types of resources is too much and you end up having far far more power than you actually need once you have built your bases).

A few things we noticed, the power of units in halo wars is far better distributed than in halo wars 2. The mac blast in HW2 can barely even kill a warthog, let alone marines this is just silly as even a rock hurtling down from space would destroy a car! Grenades in halo wars 1 when one group of marines through them, nearly destroy a warthog which makes sense because that is what would happen id you had 4-5 grenades thrown at a warthog in halo 5.

The Banshees in Halo wars 2 are completely and utterly ridiculously over powered, in HW1 banshees are superb, they are fast and nimble but when confronted with some wolverines they are destroy rather quickly, this makes sense anti air vehicle destroys air unit, check. But in HW2 you have an army of banshees who meet an army of wolverines... and well yeh the wolverines get obliterated because the fuel-rod cannon on the banshees is insane, and the wolverines are nowhere near strong enough against banshees. If you then pit a HW1 banshees against a Hornet it is more or less even, with the hornet winning, but in HW2 the banshee destroys because you have given them a massive air torpedo, basically joining the banshee with the vampire, an air torpedo has never been seen in halo coming from a banshee, so why bring it in and mess up the units!

When the brutes do their jump, and you have the trephine ability bought this is insane, and so fun but you can see that it incredibly op, if you have 30 brute jumpers, who jump across a battlefield with that you will lay a fortune of explosives enough to kill an army of tanks. On that note whilst playing a game of deathmatch just now, my friend and i both had big armies of tanks and hunters, the others had wolverines and grunts, we all met at once in the centre of the field, this would normally be an awesome battle, with the odd mac blast coming in, and a disruption bomb from stop[ing the covenant leaders doing their power, but here we just had one person use close air support, then the other two using eradication, and the final one use another close air support (CAS), kill 320 units worth of troops in less than ten seconds. This top power is brilliant but it needs to be made that a single point on the map (maybe two) must be controlled to use the super super power or eradication or CAS, else it just becomes silly as it is so easy to get them as well!

The scale of the units is also completely wrong, the brutes and grunts are huge when the vehicles and buildings are tiny, the scaling in HW1 seemed nigh perfect, but something went wrong with the sizes. As well as that the artwork and styling in HW is much nicer, better deeper colours less vivid and more detailed (i know its a beta and this will change), the art style was brilliant in HW1 so no need to change it!

I'll likely post more later on, Ta Ta for now.

Lusken
  • l'll like the camera to be zoomed out more please!!
so how and where exactly is the brute scarab :/
zoom out camera. After new update the game freezes constantly. fix that.
Buff the Grunts against infantry.
Add updates to elite snipers, such as beam rifles and Shields.
how do I use the Lich?
Hello everyone, I would like to express my biggest concern about Halo Wars 2 thus far, having a ton of fun with the beta, but I found one thing rather concerning. I feel as if the unit capacity or overall population is quite low, only 80 at full population seems quite low in my opinion, plus another thing is the fact that a lot of units take up more population that they normally should, for example the Grunt Squads using up 3 population instead of only 1 population like they used to in the original halo wars, the blusterback air vehicle taking up 8 population which is way too much, engineers being 4 population I believe is too much as well, and overall all the units take too much population space and should be lowered in the final game so we can have bigger battles. So an increase in the population capacity (Preferably 150 to 200 population capacity would be amazing) and a decrease in the number of population spots the units take up. Lastly is the lack of overall units, I would like to see the Covenant Carriers, Scarabs and UNSC frigates being playable as well, perhaps acting as a support unit, and there is an overall lack in new units and I would love to see many more new units in the final game, because what was presented in the beta was a low population (very low) and not many units to work with, so I hope you guys take what I say into consideration and can't wait to see the final game in 2017!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 14