2. ...
  3. 26
  4. 27
  5. 28
  6. 29
  7. 30
  8. ...
  9. 59
Instead of Rock Paper Scissors feel I get with this game, but be still a good idea to have anti units to one another I just wish it was toned down Abit, more balanced. Hunters should make quike work of marines and it dosent look right seeing a hunter struggling against some marines, but then wiping out a warthog or tank
I feel like that's kinda the way Halo Wars is supposed to be. If you start changing the balances of things like Hunters and Marines. It starts to blur the lines of the rock, paper, scissors game style to begin with and kinda breaks the whole system. Even with a change like the effectiveness of Hunters V Marines.
Good so far but it needs some work before the release. The UI is kind of buggy and selecting units or bases can be slow and glitchy. There is no visual cue if a base is locked and enemy base health cannot be viewed. The chieftain seems weak (and the ai is as dumb as ever), and Marines once upgraded are just unstoppable if you throw in a few cyclopses and snipers, which have an extremely far range (I haven't lost a game since I figured this out). The announcer says that you're winning if you're losing and losing if you're winning. Haven't had too many connection issues which is great. Not a fan of the game mode because the games are very short and often not very close either. There shouldn't be open base slots at the beginning of the game (either spawn you with two bases or put rebels there like in the first game). There should also be confirmation of commands by units (eg. Marines saying "going now" when you move them). Sometimes the secondary ability (the one where you press Y) doesn't work (ex. mega barrage from the vultures and rockets from marines) and when it does it isn't clear when the abilities are used and when they'll be recharged. I also think the minimap needs some visual clues for sides of the map, I found it very disorienting for a square map like this one. I also miss the ability to see where your teammate is looking and the noise that pinging your teammate made. I also feel that you start off with too many units. The end game stats seem to be broken (attributing point captures to people who quit in the loading screen, having a perfect win and enemies have taken 2 points and stolen 1 and my team has a total of 8 points taken and 2 stolen, etc.) Leader powers need to be rebalanced as well (Mac Blast is terrible and Pelican strike is OP).

That's all I can think of for now
Yes it needs a base vs base mode badly. Domination is more suited for people playing together and competitive.
I literally never go on Halo waypoint unless it's something that's really bothering me, lets start with that...

First off, 343 in my opinion, is a creator that makes me nervous when it comes to building games. They take a game that was just great (Halo wars 1) and "try" to make second one which when I had played the beta seemed like it was not halo wars like it used to be at all. The marines can take out tanks like it's their day job. Almost every unit shoots the total opposite way the enemy is. The game also looks like a cartoon version of command and conquer. Domination is one of the worst game modes I think ever made for a strategy game. No rebels around mess with. Lets try this new leader tree, Oh shoot my game just ended in 5 minutes. Now I'm searching for players for another half hour.

343 industries act like you care because the halo franchise is the biggest gaming franchise to ever exist.
This is good, but what happened to Captain Cutter? He was an old man by the end of HW1 but now he looks so young by the end of HW2. is this Microsoft doing this or was this a true ascetic choice from 343? I kinda would've perfered if Cutter stayed his age. He just looks so young I can't stop thinking about it.
Graphics are great and I love the massive battles that are great to watch. I have a few gripes though. I feel like the games go to fast ,and by the time I get the option to build tanks the game is almost over. If you could also have the camera positioned higher. Many times when I send troops into battle across the map, I'd have to slowly move the camera back to my base. Other than that I like the game. I'm excited for what's in store for this game.
I like the idea of domination but I don't like having the time limit. Also the ticket system makes the game end too quickly making the ability to fully upgrade troops very difficult so increasing the ticket cap would be beneficial.

The mini map needs to be improved in order to actually be able to distinguish where your own troops and your ally's troops are on the map also some type of red ping for when troops are attacking or being attacked would be ideal as well.

Hero units need to be enlarged or altered to actually be able to tell the difference between them and other troops.

Choosing a particular character to play as should offer some sort of diversity other than the skill tree. I'm making this assumption based upon the fact the units you build didn't appear to have any sort of extra upgrade depending on which character you picked. (i.e. odst, super tanks, or super hornets) The odst troops made their appearance in the skill tree in the beta.
My feedback on the Halo Wars 2 beta so far: Ok so this coming from someone whos never played Halo Wars before. Honestly its pretty fun, especially when i play with friends but that doesnt mean it doesnt have its good amount of flaws. General criticisms and ideas are that sometimes but mostly on blue team i can get my troops and buildings mixed up with my teammates. Regardless of team i can definitely get my troops mixed with the enemies. The camera needs to be able to zoom out more and zoom in more. Better all unit targeting system. By this i mean that if i have all units selected i would like to have them attack a group of enemies ive selected or attack all on screen instead of them attacking one individual enemy or sending them to a location to attack randomly. Something that would definitely help would be to be able to tell a group to attack a certain type of troup like vehicle or infantry. I feel like higher elevations on the map should give your troops some kind of advantage. It would be cool if wildlife defended some of the capture points or they could just be scattered around the map. Maybe the unsc should have one more group of marines at the start. Theres nothing that really encourages players later on to search for more supplys. Maybe you could have an option to build a big supply base but if the enemy destroys it you lose a lot of supplys. Or you could have wildlife steal some of your supplies and even damage your supply building. I feel like marines should be able to spawn from the barracks and only take 2 troop points up instead of 3 if you spawn them from there. Ive read some replys on this forum and vehicle depot definitely sounds better than garage. You need to be able to communicate with your teammate. Have something like a command wheel like battlefield has. You should be able to tell your teammate things like "Im going to capture this!" or "I need backup!" You especially need to have one that says "I need resources please" You could also have a few teammate oriented objectives like for example Youll need both you and your teammate at this power station because it gives you a lot of power or something like that. Id like more detailed descriptions for my troops. Also whats with not being able to change your options and buttons? I know thats gonna be in the full game but why not now? The maps should be more dynamic or have unique feature to them like light bridges you can activate or maybe an abandon ship that still has a working anti air canon. Now as for the gametype Domination its ok But its definitely way too quick sometimes. The enemy can very easily capture all points and the tickets go down pretty fast. I feel like the tickets should be increased to about 7000 or make it so they dont waste as fast. I feel like team deathmatch should have already been in the beta at the start. Domination would also be cooler if it was 3v3. Welp thats about it. Thanks 343 if you read this or take any of my ideas into consideration. P.S please try to distiguish between the fans who just complain without thinking and the ones who actually have constructive criticism and good reasoning. This goes for all halos not just wars. Halo 4s story was great but maybe too deep. Halo 5 had no deepness or story.
I like how the game feels currently. I would like more transparency and alerts to show how victory points are being lost or gained. Since this is all in development, I'm just going to wait out for more changes and I'll put in more input. Thanks for the effort from all the devs.
My thought's after playing 13 or so games and more to play.

I really like Domination. It's a nice change of pace from the old skirmish mode from HW1. What I would like to see changed with it is possibly to have more points per team. So instead of 5k each make it 10k. It seems every game ends in ten minutes right when the good stuff starts happening.

Although, that may be what you all were striving for in this game mode. A much quicker paced rush game mode that you can't spend to much time thinking out a strategy before the enemy takes to many capture points.

Another thing I noticed was that when me and my team were down by say, 4-500 points, we came back and captured all points but two and we couldn't catch up to the other team. Even after we took all but one. It seems like the rate of points being loss in relation to how many capture points there are isn't being taken into account. The way I think would work better is that you have to have 3 of the 5 to earn a steady pace of points and the other team earns maybe 30-50% of your pace.

As others have said, it can get a bit laggy when you have a full 80 troop army per player which is understandable with so many sprites in one area.

I really love the Leader Powers and being able to pick and choose your abilities per game.

I also think on anything you build, while the progress bar is going around the circle, there should be a timer so you know how long it's going to be. Additionally the base builds need to have a countdown to completion. Right now it doesn't show anything, you just have to know what it looks like as each stage of the base is completed.

Other than those points, I think the game is on track for a good release. I haven't noticed any irregularities in troop combat. Air beats ground, ground beats foot, foot beats. air. That's how it was in HW and I don't see why it should change in HW2 regardless of others saying it should. Just my opinion.
Im gonna give a high detailed feeback of this halo wars beta, taking into account that it is a beta
i am a loyal halo wars fan and love the game. my idea of a great sequel to this game would have been upgrading the graphics. keeping the mechanics of the game the same as there is no real need to change it. make the game flow better if possible and provide new leaders and new maps that are even better or equal to the famous 'FORT DEEN'
what you have done is made the game feel uncomfortable by changing some buttons which was wrong completely, introducing the command tree i think was unneccesary as the field armory was more than acceptable and did its job very well. the mechanics of the game i feel have become worse. im sure that will improve in the new one but i already understand what you are trying to do and therefore i must stop u here and tell you that the mechanics are not good as i remember enjoying long halo wars games and these games hardly last a minute, well maybe 12 mins max. units feel sluggish and not as responsive as id like. i want the warthogs to be able to collect supplies and change the colour of supplies to blue. i feel the game is immersed in too much bright, yellow directed light and needs to become more neutral in terms of its colour uses. the covanent leader needs to look like more of a special unit rather than look just like his counter parts. team colours are too close, use a variety of colours for teams to distinguish between teamates and enemies. noone wants the same colours for teams or same shade. zoom out the camera more as its far too close to the ground and i want to see more of the battlefield. hills provide no real advantage, its just cosmetic. have marines in the barracks rather than creatable in bases. the are ground units too.
a whole new building just for spartans is very bad too. return the name spartans as jerome is just dumb. change garage to vehicle depot, its too epic a name for you to change for ground vehicles. i can get used to the generators however reactors need to return. your new mechanic defeats the purpose of having fun and forces people to fight over things they need rather than want. this is just a few things i would look into and would definitely make the game better along with fixing bugs like flamethrowers not shooting or bullets not coming from marines. right now i wouldnt buy this game so think hard about how to procede and keep it simple. use halo wars 1 for reference.
This person right here is who you should listen to he has explained everything that I wanted
I am a huge Halo Wars fan . I believe that the Domination mode would be much more enjoyable if we double the 5000 points to 100000 just because that gives players more time to build up and would make the matches more interesting . Combat indicators is a key tool that is missing from this game and it desperately needs it . I feel like the hero units are a bit under powered damage wise . With those tweaks added I think this game mode will be much more enjoyable . I am aware that we will be able to play deathmatch starting on the 17th and I can't wait . One complaint I have that's just me wining haha , WHERES THE BANISHED SCARAB
Please read 343,
First, I am not opposed to new features such as units, buildings, game modes etc but before I get into the nitty gritty, the most important thing you must keep in mind is that console RTS games is a dieing breed and you must keep this game simple like the first Halo Wars. I understand this beta is a work in progress but it is by far "simple".

#1. Team colors. Bad idea. Colors are way to close. Very confusing.
#2. For beta purposes, each player should be stationed at 1 corner of the map. Just feels like a lot of waisted space for the amount of time that the game goes on for.
#3. I personally think team death match would have been a better choice as a launch mode then the confusing domination mode however it has potential. It's to quick. Point pool should be increased to 10,000.
#4. Unit population must be 200. This game is doomed to fail if 60 is the max.
#5. Custom games aka private lobby for friends or AI allies/enemy's needs to return.
#6. If you want your game to shine and essentially bring back life to the RTS genre. Implement a Scenario editor such as age of empires. It could be basic and simple with features such basic terrain adjustment, building placments, AI placements etc. If you can introduce this "forge" mode it will keep players such as me playing for a long time.
#6.5 with forge, implement a file share to share maps with friends that can be bookmarked just like in halo 5.
#7. Units response is slugish unlike the original halo wars.
#8. Purchasing and upgrading units is a mess. Please go back to the basics. Seemed like things were much more organized in HW1.

I am sure I have left some things out. Feel free to agree or disagree or add to my post.
So far the beta is not what I hoped it would be. I find that I'm sharing the same complaints with most people. I think the gameplay isn't smooth and the units response lacks considerably. I noticed it's hard to distinguish units from players on both sides. The units are unorganized for both factions you should not have the same type of units in several different buildings. Some things I would like to see in the game are more than two factions like two humans, flood, forunner and covenant. I think the game would last longer if there would be more effective units unlike in halo wars 1 where there was 4 good units between both sides. The bigger maps should be more immersive. What I mean by this is in hw1 the 1v1 and 2v2 maps there were many things to do such as supply, reactor and troop garrisons, individual buildings and etc. Then you had the 3v3 maps that had basically nothing. I would like to see much more diversity in the bigger maps for hw2
This game mode goes by way too fast. By the time things start getting interesting the match is already over. I understand this mode might be geared towards newer players but I am not a hardcore RTS player yet I love the game genre and I just can't find this mode very enjoyable because, again, the match is over before things get real interesting.
Okay so lots of issues with the running of the game. Originally i couldn't beat the tutorial video, and it only took me 7 attempts to play a full game (one of the other players lost connection in the first 8 seconds)

It's mostly just the difficulty in running it. I'd describe where the problems are, but it's literally constant.

At one point, I got into a game, but a prompt stated "Waiting for other players" sexually glues itself to my screen, leaving me unable to play while the game rolls on.

Also, I've noticed that when upgrading my marines, I opened another base's rotary menu to notice that the icon of the upgrade progress turned into a Warthog icon.

And lastly, if you care enough to dig this comment out of the ocean of other users, please provide an offline skirmish mode. This thing where y'all are pulling all your games away from offline use is putting a strain on everybody... Not everybody has a decent connection. I've got 5mbps for $100+ per month. Show us some love please <3
The only thing that angers me a little is that always the player either my computer or foe , exit or take it out of the game.
I honestly feel insulted, especially after the whole "biggest hunt/mystery" marketing LIE that was given to us leading up to the release of Halo 5.

You guys claim that it's the "biggest" battle field with so many mite more units.
Yes, you increased the housing space.
You also increased the amount of space every unit uses.
For instance:
Before, UNSC users could have 40 marine squads.
Now, you can have 26 marine squads.

343i has lied and thought we would see bigger numbers and just accept that there must be more on the field.

Why not just keep the unit size the same, increase the housing space overall (more units, bigger wars) and find a balancing number for the new units based on their effectiveness and use.
Im gonna give a high detailed feeback of this halo wars beta, taking into account that it is a beta
i am a loyal halo wars fan and love the game. my idea of a great sequel to this game would have been upgrading the graphics. keeping the mechanics of the game the same as there is no real need to change it. make the game flow better if possible and provide new leaders and new maps that are even better or equal to the famous 'FORT DEEN'
what you have done is made the game feel uncomfortable by changing some buttons which was wrong completely, introducing the command tree i think was unneccesary as the field armory was more than acceptable and did its job very well. the mechanics of the game i feel have become worse. im sure that will improve in the new one but i already understand what you are trying to do and therefore i must stop u here and tell you that the mechanics are not good as i remember enjoying long halo wars games and these games hardly last a minute, well maybe 12 mins max. units feel sluggish and not as responsive as id like. i want the warthogs to be able to collect supplies and change the colour of supplies to blue. i feel the game is immersed in too much bright, yellow directed light and needs to become more neutral in terms of its colour uses. the covanent leader needs to look like more of a special unit rather than look just like his counter parts. team colours are too close, use a variety of colours for teams to distinguish between teamates and enemies. noone wants the same colours for teams or same shade. zoom out the camera more as its far too close to the ground and i want to see more of the battlefield. hills provide no real advantage, its just cosmetic. have marines in the barracks rather than creatable in bases. the are ground units too.
a whole new building just for spartans is very bad too. return the name spartans as jerome is just dumb. change garage to vehicle depot, its too epic a name for you to change for ground vehicles. i can get used to the generators however reactors need to return. your new mechanic defeats the purpose of having fun and forces people to fight over things they need rather than want. this is just a few things i would look into and would definitely make the game better along with fixing bugs like flamethrowers not shooting or bullets not coming from marines. right now i wouldnt buy this game so think hard about how to procede and keep it simple. use halo wars 1 for reference.
This person right here is who you should listen to he has explained everything that I wanted
This is absolutely correct!
I loved HW 1 so much and play it for hours on end, I still play it to this day! The game mechanics of it are what has kept me playing it for so long. I was so excited for this beta to come out and tbh I was disappointed. I have hope that the final version of this game could be good though, that's the point of having the beta right? There are some good things about this game though.

1) The introduction of more units to this game.
This is arguably the best thing about the beta, I'm going to stick it out in hopes that all the bad parts of it will become good. One of the few things I didn't like with HW1 was that there were only 3 units in each of the different buildings. So thank you for adding more!

2) The artwork for the buildings and the troops looks pretty cool.
Never hurts to update those and it caught my eye at first.

3) The new game mode.
I would definitely not recommend this game mode to be the highlight of the game at all, but having this and multiple other game modes(possibly even 4v4 or 5v5) would give a good amount of options to choose from. They're all different types and strategies to pick from, and this would be a fun one occasionally. It would also be nice to make it so tickets are lost/gained at a slower rate.

4) Power nodes
I love this idea of having more tactical points to capture! It makes getting resources less of a focus so more time can be put into training/upgrading units and implementing strategies.

Now to the things that I personally did not like about the game.

1) The lighting and color scheme.
The idea of having an updated look to the game is good but it was not put into action very well. It is difficult to tell who's units are who's and it was also difficult to see things in general. There needs to be more contrast in color since the whole point of this game is having different teams fighting each other. Being blatantly obvious who is on what team like HW1 had was very nice. Especially when there were multiple players spread throughout the battlefield. Also the weird shield thing on the outside of the map just looks dumb, please get rid of this.

2) The controls
I don't see any reason the controls had to change, there was nothing with how they flowed in HW1. Why fix something that isn't broken?

3) The battling mechanics
I'm not sure what happened to the mechanics from HW1 because the way all the fighting happened in that game was great. For the lack of a better word it feels sloppy to me. To me it felt like the units weren't matched up correctly and we're kind of just shooting wherever. I want the control we had from HW1, and even the sound effects. There was just absolutely no need for this change and this is probably the worst part of the beta for me.

4) The new resource power
This was just a dumb move, if the tech level can be upgraded via the base, why add another resource? This isn't farmville I just want to have massive armies and epic battles. I don't want to focus my time and base slots on getting resources. Yes resources are definitely part of the game, but having too many to collect and focus on getting changes the point of the game. Either get rid of the power feature completely and just have tech level upgraded in the base or get rid of them both and go back to the reactors.

5) The population
The default population size is bigger and that is great, but that has done nothing because the population needed from each unit has gone up. I would love to see an even higher default population and putting the population needed by each unit back down to how it was. Or just exponentially grow the population and leave the units how they are, either way please don't advertise about bigger battles if this is what you give us.

6) The minimap and miscellaneous
I miss some of the minimap features like having flashing red marks when I'm being attacked and other markers like that the minimap used to have. It was also nice to have building health displayed and which units had the secondary ability available.

I loved the first Halo Wars game so much and hope I can love the sequel the same if not even more! There's just been some unnecessary changes from the 1st one to the 2nd one and it's disappointing to see it go that way. Basically, I think a lot of us fans would agree we want to see the mechanics and lighting techniques of the 1st one but add bigger armies, more unit types, and an awesome new story!

I'm sure there are good and bad things I missed but I just wanted to give some feedback on my thoughts. I will still be buying the new game because I loved HW1 so much, I just hope I won't be disappointed by giving you my money. This is just the beta after all and anything could change up until February!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 26
  4. 27
  5. 28
  6. 29
  7. 30
  8. ...
  9. 59