2. ...
  3. 28
  4. 29
  5. 30
  6. 31
  7. 32
  8. ...
  9. 59
i figured out how leader powers work, but sometimes the cleansing beam doesnt show up when used
+
the powers from atriox are far more useful than cutters.
give the odst a buff by either being able to drop like 5 in a row for doube the resources or/and upgrade the final battledrop to 2 scorpions or a spartan or something etc. buf those drop pods ps. the cyclops drop is useless but the turret is allright.
I've never really bothered to get good at Wars and I lost my first match, but I've gotta say, it was pretty fun anyway. I do wish that there was some form of pure army vs. army slayer playlist for the Beta as well though.
2nd don't add generators
You realize Halo Wars had the same thing in the form of reactors, right?
Sorry 343 but u dropped the ball. I understand this is a beta but why wouldn't you do with death match in stead u chose a worthless new mode u made I mean come on it's literally use the starting unit to capture spots and screw around no real stratagem there. The game works alright I've played 7 games and been paired with 4 ppl that weren't even there the whole game. The worst part of the game is now I'm having to build 2 separate "supply pads" and build up 2 different supplies that's dumb you should of left it with just the one and the other be like the reactors in hw1 I didn't really see the need for 2 building doing the same thing or even changing the names of most of the buildings. Honestly so far I'm not impressed and I was a general in hw1 and would honestly rather play it over this. Sorry
Deathmatch is coming in the second half of the beta from the 17th to the 20th
Sorry 343 but u dropped the ball. I understand this is a beta but why wouldn't you do with death match in stead u chose a worthless new mode u made I mean come on it's literally use the starting unit to capture spots and screw around no real stratagem there. The game works alright I've played 7 games and been paired with 4 ppl that weren't even there the whole game. The worst part of the game is now I'm having to build 2 separate "supply pads" and build up 2 different supplies that's dumb you should of left it with just the one and the other be like the reactors in hw1 I didn't really see the need for 2 building doing the same thing or even changing the names of most of the buildings. Honestly so far I'm not impressed and I was a general in hw1 and would honestly rather play it over this. Sorry
think about it man, the new generators is a good idea because before the enemy could come over and attack that building first and than you couldn't build anything
I know this is supposed to be a beta and all but it's honestly one of the worst beta's I've ever played. Half the time I can't get past the start screen without the game freezing up, I have a direct line broadband connection and I still lag out of this game. The matches are way too short with domination in place and gives you no time to make a real army, fortress, or upgrades before the game is already about to be over. It's all about who gets the control points the fastest and lacks any part of WAR, take some pointers from warcraft, command and conquer (older series) and warhammer 40,000 dawn of war series (older ones) this game offends me and poops all over the franchise, I almost never want to play any halo game after playing this beta and I'm a die hard halo fan and RTS fan. This game has some serious issues but you guys have a lot of time to fix pretty much everything about this game. Domination points should be at least 10,000 points if this game mode is to be made, at least then it gives more time to strategize real assaults, raids, ambushes, upgrades, etc. I surely hope the final game is nothing like the beta and is 1000% better.
I played i enjoyed but i couldn't get full experience because game now keep crashes down
Pros
  • New button layout. Took time to get used to but it makes everything just a bit quicker.
  • Starting base has turrets. This is good to help prevent from rushes.
  • Covenant leaders aren't present right away. Halo Wars 1 this was an issue, because everyone would choose the Covenant, then just rush right away. Maybe the other leaders are like this (since we haven't seen everyone yet), but I hope it stays the way it has been in HW2.
  • Generators produce currency. This is a great addition!
Cons
  • Ticket count in domination. It's too low. Either the ticket count needs to be upped, or the value of 1 ticket needs to be increase. Feels like the game ends when things just get interesting.
  • Teammate quitting. Their bases and units are destroyed. No AI fills in. You're basically screwed and have no chance. My suggestion: Fill in the void with AI or let us take over the teammates units (and give us increased units from 60 to 120). This will at least give us a fighting chance.
  • No team chat/quick chat option. Yes, you can use a mic. But not everyone does this. It would be nice to have a dialogue box, with some quick text options (ex: Rocket League quick chat). It would help create some more team work.
  • Can't see teammates view. This was a great part of the original HW. I could see where my teammate was looking, and get a feel for their next move. Please bring it back.
Overall I really enjoy this game. The only major con I think needs 100% fixing is the teammate quitting situation. Great job so far with this game!
I agree with everything you just listed. I don't care too much about the chat option though ( Mostly because I play with friends in a Xbox party) but I still see how it could be useful. I also really like how there are two different currencies. It changes the play style and I think it helps stop people from making units really fast, which stops players from rushing and makes the game more balanced.
This is a relatively minor complaint, but the dialogue is really hard to understand. It is too static filled to hear when in combat. Also we need to be able to see when our unit's Y abilities are charged.
I would honestly enjoy the game better if I could go at my own speed, most of my teammates would enter the game and do nothing because they just wanted the REQ points in halo 5, so I feel like I didn't really get a good experience because now the game just freezes a lot.
It looks spectacular however I'm not found of the unit cap where as once I could have 30 single units all to destroy something now I can only have 10 as marines take up 3 slots.

It's not just the marines it's all units the game still seems unbalanced but it's a beta, I like the inclusion of pelicans as attack powers but was really useful for a transport as well, it made getting from A to B a lot easier for ground units. I feel as if the game has become to easy for all players as now you can have marines as a default as well which is to me both good and bad, yes I can get units out quicker when under attack but it removes the purpose of the barracks for me as I like to have just marines on the field for that nostalgia feel.

Over all the one thing I feel must been increased or changed is the unit cap because everyone loves looking at the screen to see you have say 30 squads of marines 5 scorpions and 5 hornets with artillery and warthogs at your back. I just really want something immense and with next gen it's possible you could double what you have and if you pull this off it might just be my favourite halo so far.

One other little note local play, please keep it in for those who don't like getting ruined by people who can spend more time on this game than others that's being polite about it, maybe re-introduce local co-operative play as that seems to be something missing from most next gen games over all great game beautifully designed just a few tweaks here and there all more or less all I've said and it would be the best halo out there.
One side note to my previous comment, 343 if you could expand the beta period and add one or maybe two different modes so we can get into the game a little more that would be amazing also maybe leak some achievements as I like to think I'm a proud achievement Hunter.
This game type forces you to use infantry units and I don't like that. The game type should be more like King Of The Hill were you aft to be in a certain distance then it automatically starts to convert the objective. Other than that I have no complaints
when i play, my mate always go out x.x
I would like to zoom far out , to get a better view overall and as a Halo Wars 1 fan , i know how it feels to be rushed and , i think the 10 units at the beginning and the spawn with cannons are a good way to avoid it also that you can build 2 kind of units in your base is a great way to improve the "early-game".For beginners or in genneral , a reminder of getting a commado point for the skilltree would be great .
Hope that i could help with my critic and have nice day.
kire7854
great choice for the beta. keeps games from going on too long for the beta's sake. excited to see what other new and fresh ideas come.

in all honesty ill probably never play online against people ill just do campaign simply because the last game i would get trashed within like a minute by a couple warhogs and have no clue how it happened or how to avoid it, love the idea. but im not too crazy about it. not worth 60 bucks for me. id rather just keep laying halo 5. probably something ill buy when the price goes down in a year or two. excited for that xD sorry its an honest fact.
Things that could be added :
Surrender Quote
Punishes for leavers
More interactions with teammates
1V1V1 Deathmatch
More stuff in general :P
Please just remove the energy which adds nothing with the supplies we already have. its just like a second supply but it can also be just removed.. The old mechanic was much better using a power level.
esa ambinte que tiene halo wars es incomparable el tener un ejercito a tu dispocicion es favuloso pero el jugar fortalesas o dominio es aburrido desde la 5 partida pero sigue siendo genial pongan mas modos de juego o mas duraderas jaja solo es opinion

la segunda cosas son los jackals no salen con los brutes o los drones salen asta los ingenieros e incluso los elites q no tiene nada que ver pero espero tengan algunabuena historia buen juego 343 lo estan haviendo muy bien y pulir losndetalles
I kind of feel like I'm playing a dumb downed version of surpreme commander now. The gameplay just isn't the halo wars atmosphere I'm used to. I completely understand that this game is still in its beta stage and I'm always understanding on "what's to come." But I just think the game has changed too much to call it halo wars. Maybe I'm the only one? Who knows. This is coming from a long time halo fan, who currently still has halo wars in his Xbox one disc tray lol. I just think it's too different from what I'm used to and I just can't find a similar taste for the sequel as I did when the first came out. The combat mechanics seem lame I just miss the old sound effects and the constant worrying of bullets shredding thru my troops. But now, I don't feel as close to my team I've created which I feel is a flaw on the creators end. Overall, I really don't like what's happened to this game, but I still understand that it's in the beta stage and anything could happen.
I think halo wars can use some change, but from what I've seen in the beta I really don't like the way it's going. It does look very dumbed down. All the textures looked cartoony also which I didn't like. Hopefully they take everyone's feed back seriously and not just ignore it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 28
  4. 29
  5. 30
  6. 31
  7. 32
  8. ...
  9. 59