3. 29
  4. 30
  5. 31
  6. 32
  7. 33
  8. ...
  9. 59
Galactamoo wrote:
Sorry 343 but u dropped the ball. I understand this is a beta but why wouldn't you do with death match in stead u chose a worthless new mode u made I mean come on it's literally use the starting unit to capture spots and screw around no real stratagem there. The game works alright I've played 7 games and been paired with 4 ppl that weren't even there the whole game. The worst part of the game is now I'm having to build 2 separate "supply pads" and build up 2 different supplies that's dumb you should of left it with just the one and the other be like the reactors in hw1 I didn't really see the need for 2 building doing the same thing or even changing the names of most of the buildings. Honestly so far I'm not impressed and I was a general in hw1 and would honestly rather play it over this. Sorry
Deathmatch is coming in the second half of the beta from the 17th to the 20th
Agreed...... Really did drop the ball
Galactamoo wrote:
Sorry 343 but u dropped the ball. I understand this is a beta but why wouldn't you do with death match in stead u chose a worthless new mode u made I mean come on it's literally use the starting unit to capture spots and screw around no real stratagem there. The game works alright I've played 7 games and been paired with 4 ppl that weren't even there the whole game. The worst part of the game is now I'm having to build 2 separate "supply pads" and build up 2 different supplies that's dumb you should of left it with just the one and the other be like the reactors in hw1 I didn't really see the need for 2 building doing the same thing or even changing the names of most of the buildings. Honestly so far I'm not impressed and I was a general in hw1 and would honestly rather play it over this. Sorry
Deathmatch is coming in the second half of the beta from the 17th to the 20th
Agreed...... Really did drop the ball
I think all points should be locked for the first three to five minutes to give each player time to build up their army and prepare without having to worry about someone going in and capping one or two the points when your upgrading your base giving you little resources and time to counter attack with a chance to turn the game in your flavour as currently it feels like if you don't cap at the start of the game and your opponent does your at a unfair disadvantage for the rest of the game.
first time playing I was really confused because i expected to be really similar to Halo Wars, but the more I play the more i like it. Domination is different but good, it need slower ticket reduction or more tickets to make game longer. Keep up the great work. Can't wait for the full game.
I love the Domination gametype. This is a real RTS game. But we want bigger battles. And can we see 4v4 or 5v5 at release please?
I think this won´t happen , beacause battles would probably get to big and laggy ,but i agree a 5v5 would be super great and some end in long fights but i think maps are to small for this .
I am loving the Halo Wars 2 Beta so far. Domination is exciting, but add some more ticket points. 5,000 is nice and all, but the game doesn't last very long. Make it 7,500 or 8,000, that way it lasts a bit longer, and it gives players a chance to make a decent comeback.
Pros
  • New button layout. Took time to get used to but it makes everything just a bit quicker.
  • Starting base has turrets. This is good to help prevent from rushes.
  • Covenant leaders aren't present right away. Halo Wars 1 this was an issue, because everyone would choose the Covenant, then just rush right away. Maybe the other leaders are like this (since we haven't seen everyone yet), but I hope it stays the way it has been in HW2.
  • Generators produce currency. This is a great addition!
Cons
  • Ticket count in domination. It's too low. Either the ticket count needs to be upped, or the value of 1 ticket needs to be increase. Feels like the game ends when things just get interesting.
  • Teammate quitting. Their bases and units are destroyed. No AI fills in. You're basically screwed and have no chance. My suggestion: Fill in the void with AI or let us take over the teammates units (and give us increased units from 60 to 120). This will at least give us a fighting chance.
  • No team chat/quick chat option. Yes, you can use a mic. But not everyone does this. It would be nice to have a dialogue box, with some quick text options (ex: Rocket League quick chat). It would help create some more team work.
  • Can't see teammates view. This was a great part of the original HW. I could see where my teammate was looking, and get a feel for their next move. Please bring it back.
Overall I really enjoy this game. The only major con I think needs 100% fixing is the teammate quitting situation. Great job so far with this game!
I agree with everything you just listed. I don't care too much about the chat option though ( Mostly because I play with friends in a Xbox party) but I still see how it could be useful. I also really like how there are two different currencies. It changes the play style and I think it helps stop people from making units really fast, which stops players from rushing and makes the game more balanced.
ever played World of tanks? they got a radial menu with all kinds of quick chat things that show up on the minimap and killfeed ;p
something like that would be useful:

like;
"Enemy here"
"attack here"
"i need supplies"
"i need power"
"help"
"regroup here"
I will list what I have experienced during the game so far.
  1. I have never played Halo Wars before and admittedly I was very confused playing the game, I've sort of gotten used to it now but in the beginning I was losing all the time! [Yes I did watch the tutorial] but that was good for Humans only, not the Brutes!
  2. When playing as on the Blue team I cannot for the life of me tell who I am and who my Teammate is, the shading difference is lacking. Perhaps yourself being Blue or Red and your teammates being green is a better way to go? Like you have done with H5 party in multiplayer. This way I won't confuse my troops with my teammates troops.
  3. I don't have time to make an army in this game and mount an attack for the last part of the game. It seems whichever side rushes first in this game will win, and it can be achieved with just your starting troops. [When I say rush I mean capturing objectives]. I personally think that there should be a time counter placed on at the beginning part of the match for a pre-determined amount of time to allow everyone to establish an army and a strategy rather than whoever gets to the objectives first will win. Or please reduce the amount of tickets taken away from you during the game.
  4. I have enjoyed myself well done!
  5. I have played as both Human and Brute and I enjoy them both, Brutes I enjoy just a little bit more ;) sorry UNSC
  6. A few of the Human units display as ghosts, they have an outline but that's it, not sure if that has something to do with the game or if they haven't actually been completed yet?
That is what I have so far. To conclude I know this is the Beta and I know there are more game types to come so with that in mind I am very excited about this game. It seems you have done very well and I can't wait for that Campaign!!!! Good job guys, and thanks. :)
UK1V wrote:
I will list what I have experienced during the game so far.
  1. I have never played Halo Wars before and admittedly I was very confused playing the game, I've sort of gotten used to it now but in the beginning I was losing all the time! [Yes I did watch the tutorial] but that was good for Humans only, not the Brutes!
  2. When playing as on the Blue team I cannot for the life of me tell who I am and who my Teammate is, the shading difference is lacking. Perhaps yourself being Blue or Red and your teammates being green is a better way to go? Like you have done with H5 party in multiplayer. This way I won't confuse my troops with my teammates troops.
  3. I don't have time to make an army in this game and mount an attack for the last part of the game. It seems whichever side rushes first in this game will win, and it can be achieved with just your starting troops. [When I say rush I mean capturing objectives]. I personally think that there should be a time counter placed on at the beginning part of the match for a pre-determined amount of time to allow everyone to establish an army and a strategy rather than whoever gets to the objectives first will win. Or please reduce the amount of tickets taken away from you during the game.
  4. I have enjoyed myself well done!
  5. I have played as both Human and Brute and I enjoy them both, Brutes I enjoy just a little bit more ;) sorry UNSC
  6. A few of the Human units display as ghosts, they have an outline but that's it, not sure if that has something to do with the game or if they haven't actually been completed yet?
That is what I have so far. To conclude I know this is the Beta and I know there are more game types to come so with that in mind I am very excited about this game. It seems you have done very well and I can't wait for that Campaign!!!! Good job guys, and thanks. :)
add more and stronger AI at the capture points :] strong enough that the starting troops would not be sufficient :p
Great start, just some changes.
- energy is useless, it shouldn't even be there. If you don't get rid of it, at least make it less invasive.
- Marines and grunt squads should be trained in the barracks. This is one of the things in the first game which made building a barracks useful, it's now unnecessary in HW2.
- Marines are too expensive compared to the grunt squads, or grunt squads are WAY too cheap.
- The covenant should NOT start off with 10 grunt squads and a brute chopper, it's unfair on the UNSC.
- You shouldn't start of with units at all, I hope this is just a domination thing (never played domination on HW1)
- The cyclops is NOT meant to be a combat unit. Change the name to a mantis and introduce the cyclops as an anti-building, engineer.
- Again, probably a domination thing, but make sure it's 3v3.
- The new tech system is better.
- Love the new command point system, just needs some tweaking. Command points should be obtained slower and games made longer OR you should have to use energy to purchase command points. If you did this with the energy, and made it be obtained at a faster rate (or at least cheaper to upgrade, way too expensive right now), it would make energy in the game better.
- Lastly, the covenant and UNSC just don't feel right. In the first game, they made sure that they each had their own play style. Covenant early rush before they become obsolete, and UNSC turtling until they get their Vultures or Grizzly/Spartan tanks.
i have starting playing the halo wars 2 beta but i'm at a big disadvantage because i can't open the hero powers wheel it just speeds up my camera and i buy the upgrades it just doesn't appear, so if someone has a fix for it that would be great
Great start, just some changes.
- energy is useless, it shouldn't even be there. If you don't get rid of it, at least make it less invasive.
- Marines and grunt squads should be trained in the barracks. This is one of the things in the first game which made building a barracks useful, it's now unnecessary in HW2.
- Marines are too expensive compared to the grunt squads, or grunt squads are WAY too cheap.
- The covenant should NOT start off with 10 grunt squads and a brute chopper, it's unfair on the UNSC.
- You shouldn't start of with units at all, I hope this is just a domination thing (never played domination on HW1)
- The cyclops is NOT meant to be a combat unit. Change the name to a mantis and introduce the cyclops as an anti-building, engineer.
- Again, probably a domination thing, but make sure it's 3v3.
- The new tech system is better.
- Love the new command point system, just needs some tweaking. Command points should be obtained slower and games made longer OR you should have to use energy to purchase command points. If you did this with the energy, and made it be obtained at a faster rate (or at least cheaper to upgrade, way too expensive right now), it would make energy in the game better.
- Lastly, the covenant and UNSC just don't feel right. In the first game, they made sure that they each had their own play style. Covenant early rush before they become obsolete, and UNSC turtling until they get their Vultures or Grizzly/Spartan tanks.
banshees are seriously overpowered tho i had about 10 banshees and i encountered 2 vultures and they got rekt xD didnt even lose a single banshee, in hw1 i wouldve lost about half or something xD
i have starting playing the halo wars 2 beta but i'm at a big disadvantage because i can't open the hero powers wheel it just speeds up my camera and i buy the upgrades it just doesn't appear, so if someone has a fix for it that would be great
press select to get into the command tree, spend your points and then once youve got some powers unlocked hold left trigger :p
Question. Usually ranks are limited on betas. So what's the rank limit on domination?
Question. Usually ranks are limited on betas. So what's the rank limit on domination?
its probably the same as halo 5 so id say champion :p
i ranked gold 3 tho xD
U5yh wrote:
I can't enjoy the game without some person rushing all the points. we can't even get an army out without losing half our tickets. Please change it to just attacking each other.
I think, atleast before the betas over, you guys should add the verses mode to try out too. (By that, I mean, just the mode where it could be 1v1 or 2v2 or 3v3 in a normal battle to take out eachother's bases, since I feel like that's what most ppl did in Halo Wars 1, atleast going off my own experience and experience from my friends.)

Now, onto actual gameplay...
- Gameplay controls operate pretty nicely (Also like how it doesn't feel unfamiliar).
- Units seem to respond pretty nicely and react immediately in response to any order.
- The graphics look high-definition, which is usually pretty nice to see.
- (Bug) When you mark a location for your units to go to on the map, only sometimes does the arrow pop up or make an indicating sound.
- (Bug) Often times when I fought other units, I heard, but didn't see the effects, like gun shots flying unless I moved my camera around or zoomed in.
- (Bug) I think when you select units, the selection circle should go just a tad bit slower when selecting a few units at a time.
- (Bug) There was atleast a half-minute delay in A.I. voice notifying when one of my points on the map were being taken over by the enemy team.

Now, onto a few nitpicks or little things to add...
- The graphics are good, but the art style is a bit awkward. I don't know how to explain it exactly, cause it still looks alright, but I guess it's missing abit more of a realistic feel, cause when I take time to compare the map scenery of Halo Wars 2 to Halo Wars 1, for some reason it feels like I'm playing a Spore game. Maybe, it could be that it looks a little too polished.

- Also, I don't understand why you guys had to change Captain Cutter's appearance from the first game, since he already looked exceptionally realistic in the Halo Wars 1, with the high CG cutscene graphics at the time. (When I first saw Captain Cutter in the beginning, I literally thought he was a different person)

- You should also add more animation movement for units when attacking eachother, cause when I see a unit fight another unit, again, and I know I already compared the games once, but compared to the Halo Wars 1, the units act more engaging, while, in this, they kinda act more stale, as if they're more-so robots rather than actual sentient beings (despite them actually being A.Is).

- I think you guys should also, for the Brute/Covie units (Sorry if I don't remember the actual name of the side at the time), for shielding bases, the shielding option should be selectable on the base rather than the turrets. It just feels weird that the option for shielding the entire base and not just the turrets would just be on the turrets.

So yeah, that's pretty much all I got for now. I'll make sure to keep a heads up on any future problems if I see them too and probably post again some time before the beta's end. Anyway, best of luck on making Halo Wars 2 good.
How long does a domination game typically last versus a death match?
I like the new game mode. But it feels as if you need to spam units and hope for the best. Not much strategy involved. As much as I like the prospect of fighting over the 5 points on the map, it just needs to be more... Not sure what but somthing needs to be changed. As far as the game goes. It's ok, little bright, and units are unresponsive. But I haven't encountered much lag and load times(compared to some games like GTA V online) are ok. I dont mind waiting. I was hoping for more in the beta. At least more to do in terms of game modes. Good luck with the rest of the development! I might consider preordering!
After sinking many hours into the original Halo Wars I have a few issues with Halo Wars 2. A couple of issue are game type specific while the rest are general gripes with the game and the large deviation from the original formula.

1. The addition of a power resource slows down the game too much. It takes too long build up supplies and power to build vehicles and air units especially in domination where capturing the control points early is key (this makes infantry the obvious choice in most games of domination). Replacing the generators with rectors like the first game would be a major improvement. The flow of the game will improve as you will have faster resource gain when only requiring supplies and protecting your reactor base will become more important to prevent you losing tech level. At the moment this isn't a major threat and losing one base doesn't have as large an impact on the game as in the previous title.
  2. Domination games are far too quick and with the above issue in mind they are often finished too quickly to allow for large scale battles with powerful units.
  3. The infantry units seem a lot more powerful than both vehicles and air units. the rock paper scissors (which i agree should exist but with a rebalance) means marines easily destroy whole air armies with minimal loses and if you go an equal split of marines, cyclops and snipers/flamers then your army becomes almost unstoppable as you easily counter anything thrown at you. In addition an army of tanks should be able to steamroll a group of marines, currently this doesn't happen and the infantry take far to long to kill. This further solidifies infantry as the most viable choice and thus they feel overpowered and need to be brought back inline. (this could be due to opponents not buying the upgrades that improve unit heath and damage)
  4. One of the more interesting mechanics in the first Halo Wars was the difference between covenant and UNSC. This has been completely removed. Gone are covenant leaders, Gone are the differences between the armies (both sides now have an infantry anti-vehicle unit and a vehicle anti-air unit. cobras/hunters and wolverines/vampires where more interesting) this makes both armies feel more like a re-skin of each other rather than unique and interesting.
  5. The alterations to the control were completely unnecessary. All it does is make the game feel unfamiliar to veteran players while they find out where they have moved some of the controls (swapping two buttons around doesn't improve the game so why do it?)
  6. The alerts on screen need to be improved greatly. I have no idea where my teammate is looking on the map and i have to continually move back to my troops to make sure they are not under attack as there is no clear notification. In addition using the colour system from the first game would be more effective at identifying which enemy you are fighting and easily spotting allied units on the map and mini map.
  7. Units seem unresponsive to commands and often wander around aimlessly. I have ordered units to capture points for then to then wander away from the location or simply stand next to it and make no attempt to capture it. Very annoying in a game type which focusses on point control.
  8. The U.I could do with improvement as unit abilities are often hard to identify and it is not always clear when they are on cool down. Units also don't seem to consistently activate their abilities (don't think my tanks have ever launched a canister shell when told to do so).
  9. Loading into a game can be slow but thats more than likely a beta issue.
  10. The tutorial video was short and sped though things, having a tutorial level would be much better and would allow new players a chance to get a feel for the game rather than scaring them off before they get a chance to get fully hands on with the game.
Overall the game shows promise and thankfully they still have 8 months left till launch. If creative assembly are wise they will use this time to fix many of the issue with the game and keep the formula that made halo wars great and not alienate the fan base of the first game. However i fear that with the game also coming out on PC, they will keep things more complicated to cater to the needs of the PC player while letting the console edition suffer as a result. Sorry for the wall of text but the more people who voice their opinions the more likely they are to listen to us.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 29
  4. 30
  5. 31
  6. 32
  7. 33
  8. ...
  9. 59