I think, atleast before the betas over, you guys should add the verses mode to try out too. (By that, I mean, just the mode where it could be 1v1 or 2v2 or 3v3 in a normal battle to take out eachother's bases, since I feel like that's what most ppl did in Halo Wars 1, atleast going off my own experience and experience from my friends.)
Now, onto actual gameplay...
- Gameplay controls operate pretty nicely (Also like how it doesn't feel unfamiliar).
- Units seem to respond pretty nicely and react immediately in response to any order.
- The graphics look high-definition, which is usually pretty nice to see.
- (Bug) When you mark a location for your units to go to on the map, only sometimes does the arrow pop up or make an indicating sound.
- (Bug) Often times when I fought other units, I heard, but didn't see the effects, like gun shots flying unless I moved my camera around or zoomed in.
- (Bug) I think when you select units, the selection circle should go just a tad bit slower when selecting a few units at a time.
- (Bug) There was atleast a half-minute delay in A.I. voice notifying when one of my points on the map were being taken over by the enemy team.
Now, onto a few nitpicks or little things to add...
- The graphics are good, but the art style is a bit awkward. I don't know how to explain it exactly, cause it still looks alright, but I guess it's missing abit more of a realistic feel, cause when I take time to compare the map scenery of Halo Wars 2 to Halo Wars 1, for some reason it feels like I'm playing a Spore game. Maybe, it could be that it looks a little too polished.
- Also, I don't understand why you guys had to change Captain Cutter's appearance from the first game, since he already looked exceptionally realistic in the Halo Wars 1, with the high CG cutscene graphics at the time. (When I first saw Captain Cutter in the beginning, I literally thought he was a different person)
- You should also add more animation movement for units when attacking eachother, cause when I see a unit fight another unit, again, and I know I already compared the games once, but compared to the Halo Wars 1, the units act more engaging, while, in this, they kinda act more stale, as if they're more-so robots rather than actual sentient beings (despite them actually being A.Is).
- I think you guys should also, for the Brute/Covie units (Sorry if I don't remember the actual name of the side at the time), for shielding bases, the shielding option should be selectable on the base rather than the turrets. It just feels weird that the option for shielding the entire base and not just the turrets would just be on the turrets.
So yeah, that's pretty much all I got for now. I'll make sure to keep a heads up on any future problems if I see them too and probably post again some time before the beta's end. Anyway, best of luck on making Halo Wars 2 good.