2. ...
  3. 36
  4. 37
  5. 38
  6. 39
  7. 40
  8. ...
  9. 59
Where to begin.. I am a huge fan of halo, definitely halo wars so I've been patiently waiting and hoping for a hw2 for awhile.. I play hw every day and just absolutely love the game.. I've been playing the beta since it first was announced and was pretty stoked bout it. So here are my pros and cons and what I would like to see changed or better suited.. I agree with alot of the bloggers on this site bout alot of things
Pros
Very colorful

I actually like the power wheel but definitely could've kept that the same like when u had covenant and u went to temple to upgrade or just unlock.

Graphics are nice

Cons
Now I understand this is just a beta and I really do hope 343 take everyone's opinion into consideration.

I don't like u can't move around the map quickly by holding the left trigger that was such a delight in the first hw.

Obviously commands are very sluggish and I think the a.i. are really dumb. Just an opinion.

I don't see why the new buildings I was confused the first half and hour playing didn't know what was what. I think u just keep everything like in hw to that extent. I like the resource like the reactor makes u actually have to decide what is important.

I don't like the turrets starting out in like the way they look but don't like the turrets to begin with

Obviously domination is not the best way to go for a beta release just some good Ole fashion skirmishes let all he'll break lose would've been wise.

The commanders or chieftains need to look different than my regular army I can't tell the chieftain apart from my regular army most the time.. the camera angles needs to be a Lil further away I don't like being right on them

I think u need to be allowed to have tournaments or something like that or like a top dog or team so u can have something to play for like a number one spot whether it's 1v1 or a team.. I think u should be able to customize your leader and armies or upgrade to new items after u reach a level some unlockable stuff I think u should be able to create factions or alliances of a sort.. the ranking system needs to have some sort of significance of play level.

The loading time needs to go lol.. and massive battles like 200 pop.. and where is the scarab just some thoughts. Add some stuff but go back to the base format of halo wars and controls there is a reason why it is a cult classic
Colors have been mentioned, but sometimes it's really difficult to see the Dom point letters in the screen.
Dear 343i,

Thank you everybody at 343i so much for Halo Wars 2 and all your dedicated hard work that you have put into the Halo universe! Here are some things that I found wrong with the beta non bug wise. First I'd like to start off by saying that Halo Wars 2 beta is amazing, however why just do a beta and why not do an early access like most games are doing these days, especially if you are worried about bugs etc. You could release Halo Wars 2 in it's current state for those who pre-order then update the game as progress continues, thus allowing all bugs to be found and destroyed while also allowing for balancing to be done at it's best while the game is still in early access. I know it's probably not the most cost effective and I'm sure that perhaps this may not even be read which is fine this is just my opinion and suggestion, RTS games always have a special place in my heart and one thing that i notice after a new RTS is released is the amount of updates due to balancing issues etc. which is why I suggest such an odd concept especially for a triple A title such as Halo. I'm absolutely loving domination, though I feel the ticket count could be doubled or even tripled, as it stands, it's hard to test all the new units because it's just paced to fast. I'm looking forward to seeing all the amazing work that comes out of this and the trailer you made gives me chills every time I watch it because of how awesome it is.

Sincerely,
A loving Halo Fan a.k.a Michael McKay
First of all Halo wars 1 looks better than Halo wars 2 at the moment. Just like everyone else is saying all you needed to do was take halo wars 1 upgrade the graphics, Redesign how the main base looked, which you have done and the same with the buildings, add new units, leaders and upgrades and maybe another playable factions as 2 gets boring after a while. You've taken what was a perfect formula and given your own flip on it, but in trying not to look like you've copied it, you've ruined it. People want the old system and graphics. Also buttons unresponsive when pressed, and when selecting the D-pad to go Over to your army the map is completely black and it takes a few seconds to load it, also the last 3 boxes of resources when collected by your units never seem to pick up and this happens with all units and all over the map.
Quote:
The Halo Wars 2 Multiplayer Beta is live and will be running until June 20! During this time, we are looking to gather as much community feedback as possible. This Feedback thread is dedicated to collecting your feedback on the first game mode of the Beta, Domination. The mode offers the classic RTS gameplay of Halo Wars, now with all the new units, leaders, special abilities, and depth of Halo Wars 2. Build your base, build your army, and battle for control of the map and supremacy of the Ark! Please provide feedback on the Domination game mode in this thread!

If you are looking to download the Halo Wars 2 Multiplayer Beta, use may this link: aka.ms/HW2MPBeta

Thank you! We look forward to hearing your feedback. I don't really like Captain Cutter's new voice and the music isn't as memorable as the first Halo Wars.
I really don't like Captain Cutters new voice, and the music isn't as memorable as the first Halo Wars.
I hope and be a good beta
Like many have reported, some serious performance issues and many times the effects stop working. I have had times where my troops are firing on a enemy and there is no effects showing that my troops are firing.

Domination game type is a lot of fun, I hope that there are options like 5000, 7500, 10000 tickets to give the users variety.
Great gametype. Loving it as it really fits the RTS game style. However, it needs some more players on each team to make it more lively and fun. Like 4v4 or 5v5. Give it as many players as you can muster. And give it more capture points to spice it up a bit. Everyone usually just fights over A and secretly takes the rest. Make it larger. But for this to work, when I click the left or right thing on the d-pad on the controller, I have to zap back to my base, even if there is no troops there.
I personally enjoyed the beta, despite several flaws, however I know that plenty of my friends and long time halo wars fans were disappointed by it.
Firstly domination is a terrible choice of game mode for a beta as we cannot experience late game units and battles fully.
Secondly the dust clouds when units move (specifically grunt squads) are ridiculous and I cannot even see any of my troops.
While I personally don't like the plastic art style it is nice enough and has good textures.
A key thing missing from halo wars 1 is the animations in combat, Spartans would flip and throw down their guns and start punching in melee, units like elite honour guards and the arbiter would perform executions on infantry and it really added to the immersion and overall feel of the game.
The power system is a pointless attempt to over complicate an rts whose predecessor was loved for its simplicity and should simply be removed from the game altogether.
wraiths seem hopelessly underpowered, as is the jump pack brutes.(seriously 4 hulking alien gorillas with gravity controlling hammers vs 4 marines and they lose?! Some serious rebalancing needed.)
Hero units generally seem like a waste of resources, but at least they take up no population.
Oh yeah, The population 'increase' is the biggest con job I have ever seen in a halo game. The population is now 60 but all units tajes up double or triple the population space anyway, 3 for marines! 5 for warthogs! (Or maybe 6 I can't remember) It just feels like a cheap underhanded way to sell us massive battles and under deliver. Please either reduce it so it does not look like a scam or actually allow us to have massive battles.
Tread carefully 343/CA/Microsoft as this beta has lost you far more fans and sales than it has gained.
GRIZZNUT wrote:
I personally enjoyed the beta, despite several flaws, however I know that plenty of my friends and long time halo wars fans were disappointed by it.
Firstly domination is a terrible choice of game mode for a beta as we cannot experience late game units and battles fully.
Secondly the dust clouds when units move (specifically grunt squads) are ridiculous and I cannot even see any of my troops.
While I personally don't like the plastic art style it is nice enough and has good textures.
A key thing missing from halo wars 1 is the animations in combat, Spartans would flip and throw down their guns and start punching in melee, units like elite honour guards and the arbiter would perform executions on infantry and it really added to the immersion and overall feel of the game.
The power system is a pointless attempt to over complicate an rts whose predecessor was loved for its simplicity and should simply be removed from the game altogether.
wraiths seem hopelessly underpowered, as is the jump pack brutes.(seriously 4 hulking alien gorillas with gravity controlling hammers vs 4 marines and they lose?! Some serious rebalancing needed.)
Hero units generally seem like a waste of resources, but at least they take up no population.
Oh yeah, The population 'increase' is the biggest con job I have ever seen in a halo game. The population is now 60 but all units tajes up double or triple the population space anyway, 3 for marines! 5 for warthogs! (Or maybe 6 I can't remember) It just feels like a cheap underhanded way to sell us massive battles and under deliver. Please either reduce it so it does not look like a scam or actually allow us to have massive battles.
Tread carefully 343/CA/Microsoft as this beta has lost you far more fans and sales than it has gained.
Yes. Yes to all of this a million times over.
I personally like domination, but alot of people don't so please listen to them. One problem I have is the combat. Because of the rock-paper-scissors, when I'm in a fight I want my air units to target vehicles, vehicles to target infantry, and so on. However all my units seem to target the same thing. Either have the units target what they should by them selves, or make it so I can get them to do that without them just ignoring my orders. Alot of the people have apposing thoughts, make sure EVERYONE gets what they want. Make different selections in the game so people can have the war they want to have.
The game mode with how quick the points tick down and how many capture plots is only conducive to quick, Rush style gameplay, which is pretty much spammed quick infantry. Not a fan! Reduce capture points and speed of points ticking down to make it more interesting and varied
I feel like domination is a good game mode but it's not the one for the beta test because the matches are to quick it doesn't allow you to get used to your strategies or the commander abilities because of that. It's still fun but I think that the standard game mode would've showed the true game for what it is and not just capturing points.
Natsu v2 wrote:
This is the worst beta I have ever had the displeasure of playing in my life. I actually had a lot of fun with the first Halo Wars beta. I never bought that game because I fundamentally disagree with their ideas on how to make a console RTS. I don't believe you should casualize base building to just plugging the free spaces, and remove the concept of a mouse cursor in favor of the atrocious fixed camera cursor. The best console RTS's are Command and Conquer 1 and Starcraft, both ported to the Nintendo 64. They didn't try to make up for the lack of control that a console has, and I believe that these games are much better than any console-aimed RTS they can make. Just make them as they would be on PC. The freedom of base building such as sandbags/walls in C&C, proxy barracks in SC, etc. is what makes RTS games so much fun. I spent years playing C&C and SC on N64.
But back to the beta. The tutorial was so garbage that it immediately turned one of my friends off the game immediately. The drab, lethargic way that the voice-over introduced things made my friend literally delete the game before even giving it a chance. The biggest offender, though, is that you are forced to play 2v2 matchmaking.
I had a few of my friends download this under the impression that we could make private lobbies and 1v1 or 3 player FFA and learn the game together at our own pace without necessarily aiming to kill each other. And from there, we could slowly develop our strats and begin playing for real. At the very least I expected to be able to have 1v1's against the AI so I could learn the tech tree, learn unit matchups, figure out the best and safest economies, etc. But no, they throw you right into a 2v2 with other players...
The gameplay feels way too casual and forced. Why is there a secondary resource? Just to be like Starcraft?It does not work at all and just detracts from the gameplay. The mouse cursor and lack of base building is as cringeworthy as ever. And why is there a game mode that resembles Conquest from Battlefield? There should never be such a thing as game modes in an RTS, period. You build up your base and destroy the enemy base. That's the game. That should never change or be expanded upon, ever.
I played one game of this trash and then quit after like 30 minutes before the game even ended. On one hand I felt bad for leaving my teammate in the dust, but this game was just so utterly garbage supreme that I couldn't stomach it any longer. This is coming from a longtime RTS fan. I believe RTS games can work on console, but they need to stop thinking that there needs to be some core difference between how the games are built for either platform. There was absolutely nothing wrong with C&C 1 and Starcraft on the N64 other than slowdown when lots of units moved at once or the graphics of SC, and that is nothing more than technical capabilities.

Please go make another Alien Isolation game Creative Assemblies. Your amazing talents are being wasted on this front. I'm a huge fan of your take on survival horror.
So what you are saying is, you don't want it to be like starcraft because having more than one recourse is too confusing for you, but you think that starcraft was a good game, even though it has two recourses.... hmmmmm seems to me like you have no idea what you are talking about :D
Vespene gas works great for SC. My point was more along the lines that I didn't see how the power resource actually added anything. My impression was also that I needed way too much of that secondary resource for just about everything, as opposed to Starcraft's low gas tack-on. Even if it is good for the gameplay after putting in some hours, I wouldn't know because the way the beta lets you experiment and learn is non-existent. How can you learn the game if your only option is wild matchmaking? I see a lot of people new to either RTS or HW2 just not even giving it a chance because it doesn't let your learn it at a controlled pace.
And ya the tickets should go down slower.
Hey every rts game should be different in there own way because if they were all the same then why buy them in the first place now that is what they are made for so that fans have a choice and don't have to basically choose the same game all the time.
Now 343 is still learning on some stuff but look at what they have done since halo 4 that massive failure they have gone a long way since then.
have not encountered anything completely broken yet. Thanks for the chance to play this long awaited game.

-I believe Hornets need a bit of a speed boost.
-garrison tower on middle right (closest to domination point B) if placed correctly enemies can uncapture and capture point while under fire without taking damage.

That's all I have so far.
- Tickets in domination should only fall for the team that holds less domination points.
- In addition, the Start tickets should be doubled.
- Allow zoom out.
- Change the colours.
- Let me see where my team mate is looking.
- Be able to fast move around the map much quicker.
- No starting troops, except a Warthog.
- Warthogs should collect supplies again.
- Bigger Army size.
- Control input seems to be sluggish.
- Unit balance needs to be adjusted i.e. infantry do surprisingly well against scorpians.
- Bring back the special attacks button (Y button) from the original.
- 3vs3
- Additional Bases should be infested with flood, like in HW1.
- The rock-paper-scissors System is not working as intended.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 36
  4. 37
  5. 38
  6. 39
  7. 40
  8. ...
  9. 59