4. 46
  5. 47
  6. 48
  7. 49
  8. ...
  9. 59
TGLT BL4cK wrote:
1)Put marines back to barracks.
2)Put Spartans to barracks and make the max number 3.
3)Old reactor and energy level system.The new system slows down the game,requires more buildings, is frustrating and doesn't let any main bases to exist.
4)reduce unit population cost cause I can't build an army. Marines should cost one population unit not 3.
5)Add rebels/sentinels instead of having empty bases.
6)bring back cobra.
7)bring back hawk
8)visible health for buildings and units.
9)more health for buildings
10)louder cutter voice. I can't hear him compared to atriox
11)notifications for map events.
12)better ally colours. not just shades or red or blue
TGLT BL4cK wrote:
3)Old reactor and energy level system.The new system slows down the game,requires more buildings, is frustrating and doesn't let any main bases to exist.
4)reduce unit population cost cause I can't build an army. Marines should cost one population unit not 3.
6)bring back cobra.
7)bring back hawk
12)better ally colours. not just shades of red or blue.
13)Building construction percentage.
So to start of with I'm a massive halo wars fan with over 4k games played on halo wars 1.
Negatives:
  • When you're winning the game, I have realised that sometimes you receive a verbal communication saying "you are losing the game" even though I am winning, so I think this verbal communication is being displayed too both teams.
  • The population requirements of each unit are disproportionate making armies look small. For example warthogs should not require 5 population, they should require 1 population as it wars in Halo Wars 1. The same goes for marines, flamethrowers etc.
  • Bases should not have the capability of training marines, they should be created in the barracks.
  • I have noticed that in domination, once you have at least 4 checkpoints it is impossible for the enemy team to win. Personal experience of this as I am currently on a 30 win streak due to a strategy I have created.
  • In domination, the points decrease at too fast of a rate ; this could be rectified by either decreasing the rate of points lost over time depending upon how many points are captured. Or make it so that if you have more captured points than the opposing team, they should no longer be able to decrease your points.
  • Civilisation leaders should be more of a unique unit and have the same power as they did in Halo Wars 1.
  • Moreover I think the technology tree should be removed and should replaced with the system in halo wars 1. Or even just add the technology tree into the armoury.
  • When trying to use the regeneration ability, as you try and hold the analogue stick down to use the ability I have noticed that it keeps unselecting the ability. This has meant that I have continuously had to keep moving the analogue stick up and down till it allows me to activate the ability.
  • Turrets are too OP currently especially in domination as they spawn on your base at the beginning. This is mainly because of the obscenely high health without any upgrades.
  • The Banished/Covenant also currently have no air units that are anti-air like their was in halo wars 1. This means that you can't incorporate the rock,paper, scissors strategy.
  • The animations of units especially warthogs seem to be shooting at completely different locations to their targets even though they're dealing damage. This is misleading and makes you paranoid so check to see if the unit if dealing damage instead of organising the units in war.
  • Furthermore the control to create assign units to groups is not currently working.
  • The colour of teams and your teammates should be replaced by the old halo wars 1 system. This is because it's confusing to determine which colour is you. Furthermore also getting that nice player colour in halo wars 1 was nice a feeling.
  • The mini HUD should your teammates cursor, so even though if your not communicating you can still kind of determine what they're doing. Furthermore this also just allows you to organise roles when playing with friends.
  • Pinging on the mini-map has no audio sound or controller vibration which makes it very unnoticeable for your teammate and yourself. This hinders teamwork when you're not communicating verbally. Just use the old Halo wars system for this, it was perfect.
  • Resources are somewhat a bit confusing in Halo wars 2, it took me a few games to realise that their are different resources which can be scavenged from the landscape. For example infantry and vehicles can not reap certain resources. This should just be replaced with the old halo wars system, because this was huge important in competitive play in the first halo wars (war thogs).
  • And lastly some buildings are confusing as they look the same especially when using the Banished commander Atriox (harvester and the power building).
  • Captain Cutter - Have the old ODST drop system.
  • We also need combat indicators, so maybe a button to automatically take you to an area of importance ( troops being attacked) or where your ally is pinging.
Positives:
  • I like the music.
  • Domination does become enjoyable after a few games, especially in my instance. However they should be made a little bit longer, maybe like 10 minutes? This would allow for the use of more late game units instead of just infantry.
  • The animation of UNSC supply pads and buildings being made are amazing.
In conclusion, make these improvements and Halo wars 2 will be amazing. Im looking forward to seeing deathmatch!
-Domination is no where near as fun as death match I've one several matches without seeing any combat. -I like the new tech level system and power resource.
-Bring back the red alert signal when your units are under attack.
-Bring back better unit descriptions with a little lore behind them instead of the current boring anti-infantry, anti-air, blah blah
-Marines should be able to be upgraded to ODST units
-Launching with a season pass makes fans unhappy
-Make colors of teams more varied instead of shades of blue or red. Do black, green, purple, so on and so forth
-Captain Cutter reversed aged in 25 years?
-More upgrades for all units
-More Spartans and allow them to take over friendly vehicles.
-Allow a huge battle like 5 vs 5 Party team death match
-Command tree is awful just scrap that the leader should just have their abilities able to use right off the bat
-Mac cannon is a joke couldn't kill one marine
-The population count is worse and you can make fewer units than ever
-More upgrades for units like be able to upgrade hornets to Hawks
-Make stronger units more viable increase their health or damage make marine rushing not viable or anything really to make them better
Have you looked at the amory, I feel it upgrades the population a lot.
I think the more encourages camping rather than big battles, which is what the game tries to capture. It could be more like h5 strongholds where you need more to score (but have less points) then there would be more battles.
So I'm a few days into the beta and despite the bugs and glitches, which are unavoidable for a beta, there's a few key points that are holding the game back from its true, incredible potential.
here are my issues.

My main problem with the game at the moment is how the weapons work. This may seem trivial but halo wars is supposed to be set in the halo universe so how can a squad of marines withstand a round from a MAC cannon?! Now I understand the need for a balanced game, but why not make the weapons more realistic, and much rarer. So, with the previous example, the MAC cannon should be a devastating shot, but only usable once per game. Other things like Spartan lasers, missile launchers and such all seem to do minute amounts of damage. I would like to see a closer reflection on how these weapons work in relation to the fps halos. Splasers should be able to do more damage but be less rapid firing, missiles should be powerful AOE weapons but limited ammo, etc etc. It just bugs me then I see something like "MAC round from spirit of fire" and think, hell yes bring the rain, only to see grunts shrug it off like it was a pebble to the head.

Secondly, we all know how awesome and grim the trailer looked. That dark scenery, how epic the brutes looked, how terrifying their machines were, how awesome and badass the odst drop and warthog entrace was. I mean, c'mon it looked really Damn good. I immediately was hyped for this grim, foreboding looking game. Then immediate disappointment when the beta loads. Look at all these colorful scorpions and warthogs. Look at the prettt yellow and cyan marines running around. Even the landscape was bright and cheerful. It all looked pretty tacky and childish. I understand the need for team differentiation but look at games like DOW where they pull that off with their universe still looking terrifying. Come on 343, make this look like an army, not children's toys. I just think with all this awesome cover art and trailers that the actual look of the game is very pastel and bright. Long story short, it looks bad. Make it darker. Make it intimidating. Make it look like you're being attacked by a terrifying group of bloodthirsty brutes, not crayolas with gravity hammers. Just make it look like something that comes from a warzone, not a Lego box please.

Lastly, and probably my most invalid point, I would love to see longer game types. I know we're only being offered domination because it's the beta but it feels that just as I get my fleet of scorpions or platoon of marines lead by Spartans that the game ends. It's frustrating when I say to myself, now for the big battle! And then victory/defeat flashes up. It feels like domination is a series of very minor, scrappy skirmishes with no real moment of "wow this is badass, this feels like a proper battle". You don't feel like a supreme general ordering a massive army but rather a petty sergeant working with what little forces you can muster in a short space of time. I for one, would like to see a larger, longer, bigger scale game mode in the full game.
Let me say that the Halo Wars 2 beta is an utter disappointment. It is pretty terrible. The choice of game mode and multiplayer only is a awful mistake on the part of the devs. The game itself may be good, but this certainly does NOT help it. Let me start with the killer game mode and multiplayer combo. The game mode involves capturing points to drain enemy tickets to win the game. Personally, I do not like this kind of game mode at all because it means you can go an entire game without ever seeing the enemy. And that happens a lot. Plus it is multiplayer only, so many people are only trying to win and not actually trying to play and enjoy the game. I still have yet to get to try out the majority of features because the games end too quickly. Also there seems to be quite a few inactive players which leaves their teammates in a position where they can either leave, or be destroyed. This is not necessarily a problem with the game itself, but it could be simply fixed if skirmish was the game mode so AI could be substituted for real players.

On to the units and gameplay. So far, the new look and feel of the units is very cool. I like the new units. They are diverse and feel new. The new unit count is NOT good though. For starters, base line infantry takes 3 slots with a starting max of 60. This means that you can only have 20 squads at the beginning of the game. In the end it amounts to about half of the number of units you could have in halo wars 1. Also it makes the count confusing. Base troops should take one slot. If for technical reasons that means that the max count has to be lowered, so be it, but all of these weird and high slot counts for each unit makes no sense. The game play of this particular game mode is pretty bad. I, in 7 games so far, have had 3 fights with decent sized groups of enemies. The game always works out to small groups capturing points and never attacking bases. On that note, I attacked an enemy base once, and four mainline battle tanks, three squads of marines, and three squads of anti-infantry killed one out of four base turrets. ONE. They are much too powerful.

The new leader power system is good. I like being able to pick new leader powers on the fly and Captain Cutter's drop powers are quite cool. However, the system of getting leader points seems kind of random, and I have not been able to get more that three in a game because they end too quickly, but hence my previous rant about the game mode. I do like the new system for tech level however as it makes it easier than building reactors. Also unit upgrades are pretty lack-luster so far. Infantry and tanks only have one upgrade. Camera movement across the map is also quite slow. There is no apparent way to speed up the camera also.

All in all, the beta of the game gets a 4/10. However, most of that is due to the game mode and multiplayer only. I feel that with some small changes, the full game will be okay, but this beta is not good.
So far the game has been very fun. I know this is a Beta so there are many glitches to be expected but I thought I would just share some general experiences I have had so far, both good and bad. I also have a little list of suggested improvements.

Good Experiences:
- Graphics look great
- I like the size of the initial map in the Beta (Ricochet)
- Solid number of extra buildings and random resources on each side
- The game type (domination) creates a nice balanced game type
- A few interesting new units introduced, although I would like to have more time to explore them
- This one isn't really good or bad, I just thought it was a little funny how much the brutes/grunts kick up dust when running across the field

Bad Experiences:
- Camera angle is a little annoying, especially when you zoom in, the zoom is only slight but brings you into a weird angle if any obstacles are near-by
- Menu interfaces are not very responsive, I find myself trying to click on things multiple times before I am confident I selected them
- Battle graphics cut out randomly to where units attack enemy units but you can not see any indication they are fighting other than health dropping
- This game type does not really let you explore the Beta to it's fullest, it feels rushed and doesn't give you time to explore units/buildings/upgrades
- The intro video gives a decent explanation of the game, but there could be an even more detailed one, there were some things I still didn't understand until my 3rd game

Suggested Improvements:
- Increase the overall field of vision for the camera so the zoom can be used as an option to zoom in for increased details. As is the camera zoom is more of an inconvenience than a cool feature.
- Work on making the menu interfaces more responsive. For buildings I wanted to be able to open the building menu, move the stick to the selection I wanted, and just release to select that item. I did not like having to click A, it just seemed like an extra unnecessary step in my opinion.
- In the Beta, I highly recommend you create the option for people to either play against just a friend, or to play against an AI. The game type should also be just a battle to the last man/team standing. This would allow people to take their time in the Beta and to really explore what units do individually and to just learn more about the game. I found I pretty much only had time to focus on one type of unit to see what they could do per game. The domination game type I am sure will be fun, but it does not seem like the right way to introduce a game.
- Make status bars for how far along upgrades and building units are over each building, or at least when you hover over it

I hope this is helpful!
Would it be possible to add voice command as well? I have thoroughly enjoyed the beta and cannot wait for more maps, captains, etc. when the full game is released. So far looks good and haven't had many issues yet, so I'd believe you're on the right track for the game if nothing else.
This game mode is far too easy to rush on. It's probably the players I come across more than anything but come on, can we atleast try out the later units more than once every 5-10 games? It's a shame as halo wars to me is about watching huge armies fight it out but between the rushing, random disconnects and new population system it just seems small...
I in 2 games. 1 I was stuck in the loading menu all game and the 2nd one it said "waiting for players" even tho my teammate and the other team is moving around the map capping he points. I was unable to help because of his in both games and this is the 3rd game is a row where something went wrong.
Overall pretty impressed with what you've done, I think it's the same halo wars we know and love, but new and improved.

General feedback:
  • Loadtimes into games are crazy long
  • Getting to the game menu, sometimes the game freezes
Game feedback:
  • Units won't always follow orders and sometime got stuck in certain places
  • Units fire sometimes wasn't going where the units were attacking (the enemy was getting damaged but your units fire was shooting in a different direction)
  • Sometimes you couldn't see leader abilities, Mac and healing were not visible on screen but they were there
  • Shrapnel does it actually work?! I couldn't see any visual or damage that it was
  • Do buildings and shields have health bars I couldn't see anything?
  • Love the fact the Spartan can jump in and out of vehicles, but can you change what button it is to exit as when I want tank to use shrapnel Spartan actually jumps out or into enemy vehicle (ground pound AWESOME!!)
  • I find it quite awkward sometimes to select individual units or the right base spot, joystick movement a bit heavy it kind of jumps to quickly to the next, same for when selecting what to build and upgrade etc
  • Infantry seem completely OP against everything
  • Would be good to see where allies are looking in mini map
I think that's about it, hope this helps and can't wait till 21.02.17!!
I think holding bases should slow the rate of decay.
not specific to domination mode, just genral feedback not specific to faction.
i live how in this mode you get alot of slots rto build are turrets are build and you have many units too, so it gives the player a better early start.
i love auto resource pickup if close enough.
for resource pickup, i dont like how you cant select them directly when there far away,
and when using the next move (hold x) the units will only pick up the three you selected and not the other sets next to them,
so i would have to select each one or wait for auto pickup to finish. so i would like to have that change to one big batch ore like its all one item.
Love game, love how familiar it is and how it feels like halo wars, as a fan of the first you got alot of things correct from what little time of the beta i played.
one other thing with 1 minibase, i personally wish you can upgrade it to have like 1-2 more spots, instead of limited to one.
the big base you can upgrade, so just something i would like changed, but not major.
also with leaders i hope within human faction or covenant faction they feel different, cant tell with 1 of each but i just dont want them to all feel same.
I wish it had a fast moving camera option or "all unit button"
Since there is no dedicated thread to the overall gameplay, I'll post all of my current thoughts here.
  • Team colours that stand out more: The colours, I really don't like the whole Red vs Blue thing you've gone for, I feel like the team colouring method from Halo Wars was far greater. I've been getting confused with my allies base and units far too often.
  • Minimap back to the top Right: The Minimap needs to be moved back to where it was in Halo Wars, it was absolutely perfect there and where it currently is, I find myself not using it as much. The top right is the ideal place for it,
  • Keep 3v3s or add 4v4s: I know it's a Beta with only 2v2 on show, but I really hope 3v3 battles are a part of the final game, maybe even 4v4 if that's possible? But at the very least have 3v3.
  • Allies FOV (Field of View) on minimap: I want to be able to see where my teammate is looking via the minimap, just like in Halo Wars.
  • More noticeable pings: What more can I say? Make the pings on the map much more noticeable, just like in Halo Wars.
  • Having AI guarding all tech structures, buildable pads and buildable bases. is so much better than leaving all of them available uncontested. Also, I want to see the return of NPC bases (Similar to the Sentinel and Rebel bases).
  • More camera options: I want to be able to zoom out further and watch the battle unfold, give me the eye candy option. Another amazing thing I want is for the unit cameras from the Total War games to be added into Halo Wars 2, so we can see the battle rage on with a view on the ground and see the battle from their perspectives would be so good.
  • The controls:
I know there is a lot of Halo Wars related things, but Halo Wars is the greatest console RTS of all time, don't mess with what made it so good. Improve on that by adding new units, factions, maps, leaders and more strategy. Now onto the buggy issues...
  • Invisible projectiles: The projectiles units are firing are not showing, being completely invisible. I have found that rotating the camera does fix the issue temporarily.
  • Stalling units: When I had told my units to attack or move somewhere, sometimes they would go somewhere else or just walk around in a circle in the same spot.
  • Froze mid-game: It being a Beta it's acceptable but I'd still like to bring the issue to your attention, the game crashed mid-game for me at the 9:34 mark.
I really hope you take all of this into account, I've bee really excited about Halo Wars 2 since hearing Creative Assembly was involved, let them add some of what makes the Total War series so successful to the game, whilst keeping true to the amazing gameplay of Halo Wars. Beyond that, there's not much more I can say other that good luck and thanks.
Awsome game! Graphics are mighty impressive and gameolay is good! The loading needs to be quicker though.
It takes away from the base to base fighting that makes RTS games what they are... dislike. But whatever who cares what one person thinks? lol
TGLT BL4cK wrote:
6)bring back cobra.
7)bring back hawk
12)better ally colours. not just shades or red or blue
TGLT BL4cK wrote:
6)bring back cobra.
7)bring back hawk
12)better ally colours. not just shades of red or blue.
13)Building construction percentage.
14) Remake Cutter to fit his ACTUAL character
15) Elites wouldn't serve under a Brute Faction
16) Replace the jackrabbit with a mongoose (makes more sense)
17) Revisit Halo Wars for color scheme
18) Revisit Halo Wars for audio cues and sound
19) Revisit Halo Wars for map design. It was much more pleasing to learn choke points and advantageous positions than to have a large open map.
20) MAKE SURE THE STORY THIS GAME TELLS FITS WITH THE LORE OF THE HALO UNIVERSE. IT'S REALLY ANNOYING WHEN YOU GUYS IGNORE YOUR OWN CANON.
everything is really cool, i like this game type because its kind of fast paced. i don't however like having 2 resources, seems like intentionally slowing down the action.
La verdad me gusto pero abrían de poner mas modos de juego y un todos vs todos de 5 jugadores o mas para que se noten las campales y sea un modo entretenido ademas las animaciones de el modo dominación son algo cuestionables debido a que en paleas entre otros se ve notoriamente mala
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 45
  4. 46
  5. 47
  6. 48
  7. 49
  8. ...
  9. 59