Multiplayer Beta – Domination Feedback Thread

OP Forum Team

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 57
  4. 58
  5. ...
  6. 59
Given that this was a beta i cant be to criteria but regardless here's my thoughts anybody agree???

OK first off the old school fan base ( them being halo fans before the 343 buy ) oh so clearly left a TONE of very awesome ideas and feed back for quite some time, like a decade ago. which hands down was all they needed to make a ridiculously successful, fun and epic squeal to halo wars on yes! a much less capable platform in the x360.
so my expectation are rather high considering the below points.

-Halo wars had a relatively low budget considering it was a game that started with the word HALO.
-Halo wars in all its glory was an unfinished game but thrown to market regardless and still smoked expectation. Partly due to it being one of the only real RTS on console and hands down it just made sense as an RTS. It was the perfect type of franchise to diversify in such ways.
-before the game was completed from what I hear, Assemble was disbanded but the genius and clarity that the developers put into the game showed and carried it to stardom. which set the bar pretty high for a squeal in my opinion, and proved it could be done very well.
-The game offered very little concerning the multiplayer with just a few small maps and only one good game type which was the 3v3 standard. Regardless of that this did well because of its simplicity and it held true to what the game was an RTS. It was exactly what an RTS should be more or less. Exactly what consoles were lacking.
-The game sat so well with fans because it showed what promise such a type of game held. It was an excellent platform to expand upon and there was so much room for improvement that the games potential left fans screaming for a squeal with all the if, and's and buts being almost limitless.
-Next gen console ... need I say more.

Now considering all that I prey that they focused more on the things the fan base wanted them to focus on to begin with. because multiplayer games in RTS's shouldnt be short by any means. Ideas like free build, more versatile game play and control. way more unit types, leaders, maps and depth to how one utilizes different strategies depending on how the game plays. more structure types and population cap. less effective rush tactics and promoting different build efficiency's for longer more skilled game play. bigger and more interactive maps. MULTIPLAYER! MULTIPLAYER! MULTIPLAYER! etc etc etc. games like this don't need a campaigns sucking up there budget. look how successful Titan Fall was because they put all there focus on what the game was supposed to be in Next Gen Gaming! FUN MADNESS!

I'm surprised other than the Unit types being expanded upon I saw none of this in the beta. I was deeply unimpressed by this Blitz game type and I dont believe it will do well nor do I ever want to play it again. This is similar tho the death match and reinforcement game types in halo wars that no body played because the idea sucked. Halo wars in just standard was a pretty quick play and not many were happy about that so why try and speed it up more. Halo wars like i said above Is an RTS so Focus on the RTS style play. If I wanted to spawn and kill things within a 3 second time span i would go play one of the thousand first person shooter out there.

So the beta sucked mostly because it was for the dumb blitz idea. something nobody asked for .... actually the opposite of what the fans clearly wanted. aside from that ya it was cramped and linear probably because it was a beta ( I hope). things I noticed right off the bat was that it was confusing i could barley tell what i had on the field and what i was calling in. Everything happens so fast its quite disorienting.... lol it basically felt like hey whoever can press a or x faster and move towards to circles.??? lol the circles??? toward the cap points wins. Zero strategy what so ever because like myself and fellow teammates agreed upon is that we didn't know what the hell was going on. Bum rush + button mash + spray and pray = ? Sums it up. No depth no strategy just me asking myself at the end...was that realy fun and why did we win ? the hell was that?
I'm praying oh so praying they put more into the game than Blitz praying it wasn't a big focus. I'm praying oh so praying that they listened to the fans and after making us wait so long and expel so much energy in forums that they actually listed and give us a solid game with what we asked for. I like so many others am more than willing to throw money at them I just want an awesome game in return i realy at this point don't care the cost like so many other just give us what we want and deserve....TAKE the damn money already!!!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 57
  4. 58
  5. ...
  6. 59