2. ...
  3. 71
  4. 72
  5. 73
  6. 74
  7. 75
  8. ...
  9. 99
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
I know I am simple. But, my guitar hero USB was plugged in. And it was assigning it player one. As a result I was on able to push a and enter the beta. Took me two days to figure it out. I was in another game and realized I was second player. So happy I get to try this
  1. Units keep running off the map and some can't capture points(decapture/ recapture restarts every 2 seconds)
Multiplayer keeps freezing and crashing for no reason
The game freezes after you click the start button and skip the tutorial video every time.
Bugs:

1) When the game starts, sometimes the selection wheel doesn't work right. So I can't, for example, start building supply depots or anything else. This bug corrects itself within a few seconds, but it's still noticeable.

2) Animation for fights cuts in and out. Sometimes I see my armies fighting others, sometimes I just HEAR it and the opponents go black and disappear.

3) When capturing a control point, sometimes my troops don't appear to actually capture it -- even when I'm actively pressing X over the control point. This is especially true when the enemy attacks. The enemy could be nowhere near the actual control point, yet I start losing control as if they are right on top of it.

4) Sometimes when I select a build or upgrade, it doesn't take the first (or second or third) try. I verify that I have the appropriate resources to upgrade, but it just doesn't take.

5) Snipers can often kill things that are outside of visible range. Indeed, putting a sniper at the very top of the map in a garrison can allow the squad to pick off enemies hovering at nearby control points. It's an exploit that I use in the beta -- but it probably shouldn't be there.

6) The game one time told me my team lost even though we actually won (the score wasn't close and we controlled all the control points). In fact, in the stats screen afterward, it said we won, but it gave me a "DEFEAT" message immediately at the end of the game.

7) Using a leader power is very hit or miss. Sometimes it works fine. Other times, I have to press the button several times to do an ODST drop or similar.

8) The UNSC's leader tree appears to be broken in that you can never obtain enough command points to use the most powerful powers. This is not true of the Covy faction available at the moment.
A few bugs that I've encountered so far:
  1. After selecting to upgrade to "Air 1," "Air 2," etc. on the Covenant "Apex," there is no indication that the process is occurring (i.e., no progress bar) so it's difficult to know whether or not it's even happening.
  2. When building multiple units, as they queue out front of your base, they start to get squirmy when there are too many of them. They don't move out of the way/make room for each other so they just kind of keep moving back and forth or in a circle non-stop.
  3. There are no build progress bars when starting a building or a base. Again, makes it difficult to confirm that you've made the selection.
  4. When I first loaded the game this morning, after the tutorial, when it says Microsoft, Creative, etc., the screen went black and never recovered. I played a quick game of H5 (to "reset" the load on HW 2) and then it worked fine.
  5. I find it extremely difficult to use the leader power. In fact, I haven't because I have no clue how!
  6. The build "tree" seems a bit crowded. I know this is so more items can be added, but it makes it too touchy in order to get the right item. I constantly build a "Harvester" when I wanted to build a power plant or vice versa for instance.
Well, got another little bug to report. This one related to the visuals on the banished main base. When the base is being built, the top ring rotates counter clockwise, but when it is built, the ring rotates clockwise.
Another issue that I noticed is that the enemy was taking "Domination Point B" so I got the warning at the top of the screen. All well and good, but I didn't get there in time so the enemy ultimately captured point B. Ok, fine, but the warning at the top of the screen stayed there for a couple of minutes until a different point was captured even though the enemy had long since captured point B.
I still can't get past the tutorial sometimes.
Reset your game over and over
LOL ... If that is the best advise you can give here I doubt anyone is interested in in. Resetting the game over and over has nothing to do with beta testing. With suggestions like that he cold think you are a 343 team member :)
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
I've had issues with leader powers and the Y button attack on some units. These sometimes do nothing, they sometimes do damage or have their effect without an animation. Sometimes I'm not able to do upgrades when I've met the requirements for them. I've had a brute hero refuse to train. I've had a damaged grunt squad with only the brute still alive get hung on resource crates while trying to garrison him. I couldn't select the unit to order him to harvest them or man the tower or leave or attack. The garrison didn't show him in it to order him out obviously either. I've failed to load maps and got messages about waiting for other players that never went away. I've loaded the menu and had no buttons to select anything. I've selected the playlist and had it tell me I couldn't connect to the party despite not being in one and playing alone. It insists on showing me the tutorial sometimes. I had trouble kiting melee units with the chopper and warthog. I've had other players fail to load or disconnect quit a bit. Most of the time I go to the Xbox home and manually quit the game, but I've spent as much time quitting and reloading as I have playing so these issues happen a lot, to me at least.
That takes care of business. Now, thank you for the game and beta access and I've enjoyed it a lot actually. I'm hoping for playable flood and prometheans here but my biggest wish list item is actually to just get an npc to control the army when my teammate or opponent fails to load or quits. Even if I just assume control of their resources, base, and units that'd even be fine. I just can't fight 2 ppl and don't want to double team anyone else either. Join in progress won't work really. But those are 2 decent options. And maybe for the ranking to not go down after uneven matches like that would also be nice. Thanks again and I hope I've helped.
Would be nice if i could play. If I can get past the start menu I can't find any matches
Faults I found in the Beta
1. Sometimes my teammates leaves the game mid-tactic (most likely a connection issue)
2. My selected character tells me when everyone's leader power is ready.
3. Loading screen before game takes a little too long (and shows me where my cursor was last game)
4. Some motions in the game seem to skip or lag (i.e. moving the camera, moving units, unit animations, build animations)
5. Game won't recognize that I pressed A or X, on both units and construciton.
6. My selected character keeps telling me that the enemy has destroyed on of our buildings, even though mine are all still standing.
7. When selecting a Leader Power, sometimes it will give the option to select the power even if it's in cooldown (exiting the menu and re-entering seems to work)
8. Sometimes, upgraded buldings will not show locations for construction (I can still select them, they just don't appear)
9. Sometimes, when attacking an enemy my units will begin to slide away. They still attack the enemy unit, but they are farther away than I want them to be.
10. Some units get stuck at barriers when I order all units. They do not try to go around or follow the barrier, they just sit there.
- Only once has this happened: While selecting a building for construction, my game forced me out of the menu and I could not do anything. I could go to the home menu and my controller worked there, but nothing worked in game. Units could still move and attack, my ally and enemies could move fine, but I was stuck having to stare at my base while the game progressed. I had to exit the game entirely and rejoin to fix the problem.
HUGE BUG (what a -Yoinking!- surprise)

My rank is rapidly decreases due to the fact that this game has a ridiculous amount of bugs that cause the game to crash or freeze.

I went from Diamond to Platinum 1 within 20 minutes, because the game glitches and freezes mid-game, causing me to have to reset the game and gaining another LOSS!

Just another reason why I will not be buying this game ever. And I recommend that anyone who reads this should not buy it either!

- Koast Gamer

(343 finds yet another way to ruin a good franchise. GIVE HALO BACK TO BUNGIE YOU -Yoinks!-!)
You know it's a beta right? It doesn't exist as a demo. These devs are asking for your help identifying bugs by telling them how and when or under what circumstances they occurred for you. They know there are bugs. Your play experience isn't supposed to be of any quality right now. Also bungie has released exclusive content to every platform but the Xbox for their current game. They're spitting in the faces of their fans that remained loyal. Maybe you didn't keep up with destiny and didn't know. Also, bungie hated halo wars when they did have halo. And what's further, they discarded an excellent story about the master chief in favor of a dull reach campaign and then didn't support the game. They dropped the last halo game on it's head. Not sure why ppl are still defending them here.
I made an account just to post this.

I am having severe trouble with getting past the start menu, the update 343 released to fix it only made it worse. Before the most recent update the only way around it was to leave the menu sitting there for 3-5 minutes and you should be able to get in if you spam b after you press start, but now that doesn't even work.

I understand its a beta but a beta is supposed to WORK, how am i supposed to test the game if i cant even get past the main menu? I quit the build 30+ times and it still doesn't work, does 343 test their games before releasing things? This is a disgraceful release, i loved the first halo wars.

I cant imagine how many new players lost interest in the game because of this, under 100 viewers on twitch...the beta should be extended.
i agree 1000000000000000000% with this
I've played it.... it was alright minor bugs like when you garrison your troops they stand in one place so they stand through each others bodies. Apart from that Ile be preordering it soon.
HUGE BUG (what a -Yoinking!- surprise)

My rank is rapidly decreases due to the fact that this game has a ridiculous amount of bugs that cause the game to crash or freeze.

I went from Diamond to Platinum 1 within 20 minutes, because the game glitches and freezes mid-game, causing me to have to reset the game and gaining another LOSS!

Just another reason why I will not be buying this game ever. And I recommend that anyone who reads this should not buy it either!

- Koast Gamer

(343 finds yet another way to ruin a good franchise. GIVE HALO BACK TO BUNGIE YOU -Yoinks!-!)
You know it's a beta right? It doesn't exist as a demo. These devs are asking for your help identifying bugs by telling them how and when or under what circumstances they occurred for you. They know there are bugs. Your play experience isn't supposed to be of any quality right now. Also bungie has released exclusive content to every platform but the Xbox for their current game. They're spitting in the faces of their fans that remained loyal. Maybe you didn't keep up with destiny and didn't know. Also, bungie hated halo wars when they did have halo. And what's further, they discarded an excellent story about the master chief in favor of a dull reach campaign and then didn't support the game. They dropped the last halo game on it's head. Not sure why ppl are still defending them here.
Works fine for me...
I've experienced some map tearing while I've been playing the Beta. Some times when playing, I will move my camera from one part of the map to another, and the screen will go completely black, to the extent where not even my units are visible as if that side of the map is none existent. Please fix this issue. Oh and keep up the good work! ^_^
crashes almost everytime I try to load it from the start menu
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 71
  4. 72
  5. 73
  6. 74
  7. 75
  8. ...
  9. 99