2. ...
  3. 74
  4. 75
  5. 76
  6. 77
  7. 78
  8. ...
  9. 99
Has anyone else here experienced the bug where your loaded into the game and it still says "waiting for players" and you can't control your troops and your stuck looking at your base?
So, I've played maybe 5 games so far in Domination. Its been fun to explore the new units and technology but, well in each of those 5 games I ended up alone against 2 players. Each time I got into a game, after the super long loading times, my team mate vanishes either immediately or within minutes. Is it me? :(
So it freezes by at least the time you sync data but it can skip this and freeze later on or before. Unplayable.
CryoMagnum wrote:
Tried getting into the game. Got to the title screen and hit the start button, then it locked up as it said it was downloading something. Literally froze up. Restarted the game and actually got to the menu this time, selected Halo Wars 2 Beta, said it was connecting to server... and locked up on me.

I understand this is a Beta, but this is terrible. Are we only able to matchmake in this beta? I prefer playing solo or skirmishes against AI myself. If this game is going to constantly need to communicate with servers, forget it. I won't bother buying this one.
Remember the game is in Beta. When Halo Wars 2 officially releases they will most likely add Skirmish.
This should be an Alpha...
The problem is that people are comparing this to "advertisement betas", basically demos that are released before the game is. Betas like the ones for Rainbow six: siege, battlefront, and other similar betas that came out mere weeks before the game are practically a final product with maybe a few network problems and small glitches. Halo wars 2 is a "true beta" and that means that the current build is actually a beta build and not a version of the game that is stripped down. The final product of the game will most likely be much more different then what we are currently playing. That is also why Creative assembly is testing out their new gamemode and not the normal deathmatch/skirmish that we are used to with halo wars. But don't worry, tomorrow (june 17th) the gamemode will be switched to regular deathmatch (or skirmish as some may know it) along with a new map. This is also why there is no skirmish (player versus A.I.) component, creative assembly is not interested in testing this, they are trying to balance halo wars 2's multiplayer. If you go to https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-wars-2 you can see what the final game will have in terms of multiplayer modes. (And yes you can play offline skirmishes against A.I.)

In summary, yes, the game is in an unfinished state and has numerous problems because it's a beta. That's why they're testing it out in the first place.

As for bug reports, thankfully, the game (for me at the very least) has stopped crashing in the beginning menu but, I've encountered a problem where, after loading into a match, I get a notice that says, WAITING FOR PLAYERS, and after waiting the game will sometimes just declare victory without me having to do anything. Altough it may be a result of the enemy team leaving while the game is loading.

In addition, when ever troops are garrisoned in a tower, they stand in the same exact spot and create the illusion of there only being one unit. I am not sure if this affects gameplay or not, but it is rather annoying.

Lastly, why does Atriox start with more units then cutter? Are UNSC marine squads better than grunt squads? I am scurious as this seems like a very obvious balance problem.
umm the first screen t give s you witch is the beta message wont let me press a and play i am just stuck
When I start halo wars , crashes me
Tried and tried again. Going on my third trying to play it, sadly it keeps freezing up at the loading screen when pressing start. :( can't play it
DV Gooney wrote:
CryoMagnum wrote:
Tried getting into the game. Got to the title screen and hit the start button, then it locked up as it said it was downloading something. Literally froze up. Restarted the game and actually got to the menu this time, selected Halo Wars 2 Beta, said it was connecting to server... and locked up on me.

I understand this is a Beta, but this is terrible. Are we only able to matchmake in this beta? I prefer playing solo or skirmishes against AI myself. If this game is going to constantly need to communicate with servers, forget it. I won't bother buying this one.
Remember the game is in Beta. When Halo Wars 2 officially releases they will most likely add Skirmish.
This should be an Alpha...
The problem is that people are comparing this to "advertisement betas", basically demos that are released before the game is. Betas like the ones for Rainbow six: siege, battlefront, and other similar betas that came out mere weeks before the game are practically a final product with maybe a few network problems and small glitches. Halo wars 2 is a "true beta" and that means that the current build is actually a beta build and not a version of the game that is stripped down. The final product of the game will most likely be much more different then what we are currently playing. That is also why Creative assembly is testing out their new gamemode and not the normal deathmatch/skirmish that we are used to with halo wars. But don't worry, tomorrow (june 17th) the gamemode will be switched to regular deathmatch (or skirmish as some may know it) along with a new map. This is also why there is no skirmish (player versus A.I.) component, creative assembly is not interested in testing this, they are trying to balance halo wars 2's multiplayer. If you go to https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-wars-2 you can see what the final game will have in terms of multiplayer modes. (And yes you can play offline skirmishes against A.I.)

In summary, yes, the game is in an unfinished state and has numerous problems because it's a beta. That's why they're testing it out in the first place.

As for bug reports, thankfully, the game (for me at the very least) has stopped crashing in the beginning menu but, I've encountered a problem where, after loading into a match, I get a notice that says, WAITING FOR PLAYERS, and after waiting the game will sometimes just declare victory without me having to do anything. Altough it may be a result of the enemy team leaving while the game is loading.

In addition, when ever troops are garrisoned in a tower, they stand in the same exact spot and create the illusion of there only being one unit. I am not sure if this affects gameplay or not, but it is rather annoying.

Lastly, why does Atriox start with more units then cutter? Are UNSC marine squads better than grunt squads? I am scurious as this seems like a very obvious balance problem.
preach it brother or sister what ever gender you are thanks you put it in words thank you so so much this is what true beta is.
  • There's a glitch where the match will prematurely end. And giving you a random win/loss.
  • There's a glitch where the UI and the Leader will tell you that your losing, even though you're winning (and vice-versa).
  • There's a glitch where if you build Marines/Grunts from the 1-Slot Minibases at (if I remember right) the top right on the left side and the bottom right on the right side, the Marines/Grunts will not exit the building and head towards your Rally Point. You have to manually select them, or "All Units" them before they move.
Game is freezing every time I load the game appearing online, I watch the tutorial video at the beginning and then search for a match. It says connecting to Halo wars 2 online services and completely freezes.
Most times when I start a game, it will just leave me stuck at "Waiting for players..." while the game clock ticks on and I can see the other players moving. This has happened 6 times to me. I've only successfully started a game 3 times.
Issue randomly where if the enemy captures c for blue, or b for red, at the start of the game, game quits for every player.
Just had a game where it matched me into a round, then I got stuck in the starting base with a message that said "Waiting for players..." I could see my teammate and the other team moving around the map, and I could hear the callouts, but I couldn't move. Ended up having to back out of the match.
I press start then see the Halo Wars 2 logo with "B SKIP" in the bottom right corner and it freezes here every time. Reset console, Hard reset console with power in plugged, Deleted and redownloaded. Reset console. hard reseted. Still can't play

it would be awful nice if I could play
I got into a game. My teammate left and now I can't move. There is a blue overlay on the screen that says "waiting for players..."

While I can't move, the other team is capturing all the points :(
The only thing I can think of, of why its doing that is a mid search for players Witch interrupts the game in progress.
umm the first screen t give s you witch is the beta message wont let me press a and play i am just stuck
Same here...
I can't even get a connection to Halo Wars 2 online services.
now that could just be your internet. But on the other hand it could of been a glitch within the main screen, try to redownload it if possible.
having issue joining matchmaking says I can't join party.
this only started after I did the recent update (which is strange because I was also able to play after that update as well :/ )
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 74
  4. 75
  5. 76
  6. 77
  7. 78
  8. ...
  9. 99