1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 95
  4. 96
  5. 97
  6. 98
  7. ...
  8. 99
Yeah well my game still isn't working. The beta has been out for the full time now and I haven't got to play once despite searching on fixes for my issues and taking to twitter to contact both Xbox and 343. Poor service and my problem was never seen to and was never fixed. Thanks for wasting my time in getting my hopes up for a good second halo wars. Good job 343.
I had the opportunity to play both as cutter and the covenant guy. My son and I really enjoyed the beta, and he had me get out Halo Wars 1 so he could play it. I haven't played it in years, but it was still very fun! Thanks 343 for bringing this game back.
Onto the issues!
Cutter issues:
1) the invis sniper guys do not attack bases or base defenses. When you have, say, 10 of these guys and you can't kill them off or get them to destroy anything it is a pain to have them taking up your population count.
2) had an issue where my units seemingly didn't do any damage to the enemy, but were being destroyed really fast. At one point I though that my helicopter was attacking itself instead of the enemy.
3) Base defenses seem to take much to long to be destroyed. I had 20 units attacking an enemy starting base and focused on the cutter turrets first to destroy them so I could damage the main complex. The turrets cut through me like butter and I never did much damage to a single turret. This happened as well with 4 tanks all with canister ability. Not a single turret destroyed.
3) No reload timer for any of the vehicle special abilities. When you select a vehicle unit, there is a constant yellow Y indicator on the bottom right of the unit selector.

Covenant issues:
1) Using the air pad feature and making the large supper unit that can land and shoot a volley of rockets, the volley doesn't seem to work. I locked the ship down and then could never unlock it. At one point, there were two ships sitting on top of each other in permanent lock down and they made an animation as if they were shooting but I could not tell what they were shooting at.
2) Adding the shield generator to your base seems to make the base invulnerable to all air and land attacks, except enemy brutes can come through your shields and destroy buildings.

I also had the same issue as the others where I would be in the middle of a battle with someone, or attacking their base and suddenly the "Victory" screen would come up.

All in all though, a fun game and good test. I had fun experimenting with the various units to see what they could do, it just takes a while to level each up and get enough units on the battle field to do any real damage. As I stated above, you can build the base units pretty fast while savaging resources, but if you attack a base that already has some defenses up, then your units are toast because those turrets seem very overpowered unless you are using the leader power units.
I can't pick up the blue energy crates (the ones that look like blue bottles) around the map with any unit.
I guess its a bug but it just bugs me. so when I look off to the side of the screen, this is only on the dark parts of the map, there are shaded figures or shapes that sometimes look like the enemy. it tricks me and I send troops over there. so I thought you could take a look.
Viomyst wrote:
Yeah well my game still isn't working. The beta has been out for the full time now and I haven't got to play once despite searching on fixes for my issues and taking to twitter to contact both Xbox and 343. Poor service and my problem was never seen to and was never fixed. Thanks for wasting my time in getting my hopes up for a good second halo wars. Good job 343.
I having same issues Well let hope the second beta works and if second beta doesn't work then we might have serious problem
Got stuck at the beginning of a game in the "waiting for players" screen. Kept hoping I'd get passed it, so I stayed for a full 25 minutes. watched the entire match develop on my mini-map. That was kind of cool.
Sometimes the game will Say connecting to halo wars 2 servers and never connect.
Also at the same time when it does that, it like makes your xbox think it has no xbox live connection even though the friends list shows up and all and being able to fully access my internet on the computer. lol.

I also fixed this by doing a hard reset on my xbox and having to reset my router as well. Annoying but it worked. and well its a beta.
I think one of the things that need to be updated is the zoom out capability of the camera. Halo Wars 1 could zoom out a lot more and made it easier to navigate.
I am not sure if this was a crashing issue or a community issue but I think on about 75% of my games the other team quit or my team mate did. I would like to hope there is a penalty to doing so because it is very annoying to spend 15 min preparing to kick -Yoink- to when you start to kick -Yoink- the other team quits and you don't get the joy of doing so.
I think the cool down time for the commander abilities is a little long and you should be able to research something in the Armory to shorten down the time. Also I think it needs to be a little clearer when you get a commander point to spend because I feel like I am paying too much attention to what is going on and forget about using them.
There was a lot of issues with the graphics at this time, I think it is prolly due to it only being a beta, but there were times when I couldn't see the actual fight of what was going on, I could hear shots being fired and explosions but didn't see anything.
While attacking and was randomly 'defeated' while on the offensive. I took a video to show. My teammate never loaded into the game, so I took over the empty base slot at the beginning of the game.

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/3b806bc4-e3a8-46cd-8ee8-d22af172f559?gamerTag=R0L0&scid=ef860100-a8b0-40a6-8331-b5760d5e8150
The only bugs I've encountered is people freezing on having a "waiting for players" screen when the game has started and your teammate is obviously moving units around. This causes 2v1 matches and I've won 5/7 of those games stacked against me.
I have had four instances in a row this afternoon where my teammate disconnects from the game. "Allie has been disconnected". Given the number of times and that it keeps happening, I believe this is a bug.
It is fun when u get to play it m game either freezes within the first five minutes of a game or it shows a screen saying waiting for players when everyone else but me is doing something like fighting each other and my game says they are not there
I have tried to play this four times and it's not working. I'm able to start the game and press menu button to proceed but when it tries to download the latest game configuration, it freezes. I once managed to press B to skip it, but it also froze after that. Looked nice, hopefully I'm able to test it some other time.
As others reported, after match starts, stuck on "Waiting for players..." while the other players are playing.
T
Cutter bugs:
Vehicle and air firing animations often don't initiate, or end up firing away from the target.On occasion the MAC blast doesnt make any sound.On the radial wheel, regardless of the menu or complex selected, when an item is unavailable often it will show the wrong icon.When recycling a building most of the time the "enemy has destroyed one of our buildings" sound bite will play."Commander power ready " soundbite plays constantly at random intervals, regardless of availability of powers or points.When managing the Vulcan on occasion pheonix missiles don't fire, even after the ~30 second wait.The active ability button (Y) often does not function at all.Unit targeting is dodgy at best, as when selecting all units to fire upon a single target they don't often all switch, and the time it takes units to switch targets and begin firing animations seems too long, making the units feel unresponsive.Might just be me, might have been a function designed in but I never found out how to increase the population limit past 80.Loading times are kind of excessive but I assume this is because of low server priority, and high server traffic.When an ally gives you resources the qualifier to dictate gamertag is a missing string, and displays as "%1 has given you resources."Crashes. Often.Not a bug but some sort of quick chat option to correspond with allys need to be in place though I imagine they will be come launch.Also, when firing on an Atriox base with shield generators there's nothing to dictate shield capacity, or If your doing damage to it at all.Lastly when your ally quits the game their bases are destroyed immediately, putting the remaining ally at a serious disadvantage, especially when they were previously corresponding. For example if my Ally is to the east of me, the odds are pretty good that I won't have any defenses to the east, so if they decide to quit or crash, instead of transferring control of his resources bases to the remaining ally, they simply cease to exist and you get rolled. This happened to me on several occasions, most often in matches over an hour long, and is extremely disappointing when you spend all that time just to lose because your ally needed a bio break.Other than all of that, I thoroughly enjoyed this beta. I'm extremely surprised by the stability of the servers in game. There is very little lag, or sync periods, and I've yet to be disconnected, or desynced mid match.Doing really well 343. Please give us a multiplayer demo In between now and Feb. I don't want to wait 7 months to play again.
R0L0 wrote:
While attacking and was randomly 'defeated' while on the offensive. I took a video to show. My teammate never loaded into the game, so I took over the empty base slot at the beginning of the game.

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/3b806bc4-e3a8-46cd-8ee8-d22af172f559?gamerTag=R0L0&scid=ef860100-a8b0-40a6-8331-b5760d5e8150
It did that to me too. My first game of deathmatch. My teammate lagged out and I was assaulting the last opponent left and right before I destroyed his last base (mini base) it ended game and said defeated. But the carnage report said my team won. The game wasn't included in my placement matches for my rank though.
I have had one problem where it has prevented me from getting into a game and actually starting on three different instances. I would get just get passed the loading screen when joining a game and a blue pop-up that says "waiting for other players" and it would freeze right there. The only fix I found was performing a hard restart for the game.
Just a few issues:

• Leaving game or turning off system then coming back makes connecting to online services impossible without manually exiting and restarting the game.
  • Had some "could not connect to party leader" issues even after this.
  • Game full-on locked up during a match, right as my base was getting pounded on. I would've been content to take the loss, no problem, but now it looks like I ragequit. Xbox dashboard still worked, but the game was frozen.
Seem that while fighting covenant bases the structure stays even after all health is gone on main structure. I've found myself having to knock out shields killing center base and still have it standing until I've knocked down all surrounding structures. Even then the center base might still be up as long as my forces are attacking it so I have to move my troops away for it to collapse and start the timer.

during this match I dropped 4 phoenix missiles with x 4 vulcans, max Mac blast ,grenades and close air support, with scorpion tank and Kodiac supporting the base should fall apart but felt like I was having to tear through 2 bases worth thus the game took me 2hrs to finally come out victorius.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 95
  4. 96
  5. 97
  6. 98
  7. ...
  8. 99