[Locked] Multiplayer Beta – UNSC Feedback Thread

OP Forum Team

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 23
The Halo Wars 2 Multiplayer Beta is live and will be running until June 20! During this time, we are looking to gather as much community feedback as possible. This Feedback thread is dedicated to collecting your feedback on the hardened and grizzled UNSC. Captain Cutter and the rest of the crew onboard the UNSC Spirit of Fire are mysteriously awoken above the Ark and face one of humanity’s most formidable threats yet. Please provide feedback on the UNSC forces in this thread!

If you are looking to download the Halo Wars 2 Multiplayer Beta, use may this link: aka.ms/HW2MPBeta

Thank you! We look forward to hearing your feedback.
Love all these units, the one thing Bothering me is how jerome "runs" to wherever you tell him to go. He looks like if he's jumping over daisies lol. Also captain cutter's power ups, why can i not use them?!? :(
Think the Game us amazing Detail, My only problem is... When I quit and reload the Beta it keeps on freezing on the Tutorial Video after the start menu.. Skipping it crashes the game for me. Other then That the game is great..
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Having fun so far. Small thing I noticed with scorpions, you can not see them firing, either their main cannon or the turrets. Also my canister shell is bugged, when i try to use y ability they just sit still for a couple seconds and then resume attacking, and it doesnt seem like they do any damage.
S117TaUrO wrote:
Buildings are ugly as SH IT (base is incredible ugly, the ugliest thing I have ever seen in my life). Marines doesn't wear the same uniform. The generator is.. is... WTF is that? Windmills?
The buildings are transported by pelicans and phantoms? It's more real than Halo Wars 1, I know, but maybe they can change pelicans for something more... I don't know,

Please, copy the controls from Halo Wars 1. They were awesome.

I know it's the beta but.. the game is very slow.. and the resources and energy doesn't look clear. Also with your color and your teammate color.

I just play 2 games and I'm getting angry.
I hate UNSC and "Covenant" designs.
¿WHERE ARE THE FORERUNNERS?

Halo is no longer the same anymore.
Miss Bungie. Miss Ensemble Studios.
I agree with everything you have said here. I don't think you could of put it any better.
S117TaUrO wrote:

¿WHERE ARE THE FORERUNNERS?

have you not noticed not all the leaders are avalible for play calm your self tardbarge and they never said the forerunners would be playable
  • Needs select all units button
  • the old ranking system was more of an improvement than the one it has now
  • the cartoon on style looks terrible and needs to be replaced
  • The units look ugly and look to big
  • more variety of races (for safety measures I have put this in)
I'm very disappointed on how halo has turned out, it's going down hill.
why dont the hornets guns sound the same as they did in all the other games. they sounded better, and were did the cobras go
  • more variety of races
on the moar variety of races this is the beta have you noticed not all the leaders are available. the cartoon style is the same as the original game deal with it, and on the units look ugly i agree partly they should use the same designs for the units as in the old game
Okay so I'm fully aware this is a beta and some of the issues I point out may be done purposely for the beta and not the final version. I've only been able to play one match due to all the issues with the beta itself, but I'm going to point out the problems I see.
  • Unit Cap needs to be fixed! A Marine squad should not take up 3 spots in the cap. (This may be like this for beta purposes not sure though)
  • Base and structures could use some improvement. I also really dislike the look of the generators. They should go with a look like the Halo Wars Reactor design.
  • Canister shells seem glitched with the Scorpion.
  • Base colors need to be more noticeably different.
  • Marines should be made in the barracks.
  • Mini map and resource values/population cap should be moved and decreased a little in size. Even better give us the opinion to adjust the HUD by giving us preset locations for it or allow us to adjust the size of it.
  • A "Select All Units" button would be very helpful!
That is all I have at the moment. Other than those issues I love the ideas and game play mechanics being implemented. This game definitely seems like it will be fantastic after it is polished and fixed when released. Below I will list what I like so far!
  • I love the Commander Tech Tree idea!
  • New game modes seem to make the game a lot more interesting. Domination is really fun and involves a lot more strategy than just trying to destroy the enemies base.
  • New units look fantastic. Excited to use them all!
  • Art style looks great!
My issues with this game:

- No button to select all units
- Can't simply use leader abilities right off the bat
- MAC blast seems to do severely less damage
- Unit population number has gone up, but the number of units you can spawn seems to have decreased
- No leader Temple
- Only infantry units can claim the domination points
- Graphics look cartoony
- Miss regular reactors
- Can't look for supply drops on the ground
- Hunter and Locust beams look silly and non-threatening
- Hornets appear like they were never taught how to aim
- Don't like how you need "power income" and "power level". Just make things more resource dependable
How do you get tech level up? I notice I need a 3 for certain units and upgrades yet I can never manage to get past 2.

MAC Cannon doesn't work. ODST's can only be dropped one at a time!!! What is the point of ODST's then?
Yes, I realize it's too late of course... But does anyone else feel a little confused as to why Captain Cutter's appearance has been changed dramatically? I realize it may have been difficult to get the original voice actor to return, but I just don't get the new appearance.

Though not exactly a serious disappointment. I just don't understand how you take a character and change him like that.
Can we just have the standard halo wars gamemode? Domination is not fun there's too many points to try and contest. Make it easier to see Spartans and general. It's fun but it's not because I just want to attack bases not play domination...
My issues with this game:

- No button to select all units
- Can't simply use leader abilities right off the bat
- MAC blast seems to do severely less damage
- Unit population number has gone up, but the number of units you can spawn seems to have decreased
- No leader Temple
- Only infantry units can claim the domination points
- Graphics look cartoony
- Miss regular reactors
- Can't look for supply drops on the ground
- Hunter and Locust beams look silly and non-threatening
- Hornets appear like they were never taught how to aim
- Don't like how you need "power income" and "power level". Just make things more resource dependable
Holding the right bumper is all units. Tapping it is local units. Down on d pad takes you to your army. Hope that was helpful.
  • more variety of races (for safety measures I have put this in)
Press and hold RB to select all units.
  • Well I can see they are trying to "improve" on the previous game but thus far I am unimpressed.
To change:
  • Go back to mechanics of halo wars 1 with the rock, paper, scissors mechanic for combat removed as that isn't how halo wars 1 was like.
  • Why remove units such as the Spartans and cobra's. The Y abilities seem to have nearly vanished as the upgrades for most units don't even exist.
  • bring back the simplistic leader powers such as Mac and carpet bomb etc.
  • Bring back leaders which you can control with all new abilities as it is a different enemy instead of the covenant.
  • The graphics on units don't look great.
  • colours for teams need to be more distinctive.
  • whats the point of the power supplies and the main supplies, makes it that much more confusing. With the added tech level but can no long be removed like halo wars 1 you destroyed there reactors.
  • the commander tech tree seems pointless and unnecessary as you spend more time deciding what ability you want instead of using it and killing your enemy.
If I'm honest I can't think of any good things about it
I can't get past the damn loading screen....it just freezes
Yes, I realize it's too late of course... But does anyone else feel a little confused as to why Captain Cutter's appearance has been changed dramatically? I realize it may have been difficult to get the original voice actor to return, but I just don't get the new appearance.

Though not exactly a serious disappointment. I just don't understand how you take a character and change him like that.
I was thinking that it was Captain Cutters son or something. They would have the same last name.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 23