2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. ...
  9. 23
halo war 1 general here...with 900+ hrs.

game play is great so far couple of things:
1. More units (hoping this a beta limitation)
2. Increase max zoom out or decrease kodiak/sniper range, attacks off screen even at max zoom out is poorly scaled.
3. Remove camo/cloak - useless and makes snipers OP
4. I hope the launch game supports something beyond 3v3 if this is touted to have big scale battles
5. Ship the remaster of HW1 before the launch...get people playing it and building hype! :)

Great job so far, looking forward to what you optimize with 8months till ship!
WA Sniper wrote:
halo war 1 general here...with 900+ hrs.

game play is great so far couple of things:
1. More units (hoping this a beta limitation)
2. Increase max zoom out or decrease kodiak/sniper range, attacks off screen even at max zoom out is poorly scaled.
3. Remove camo/cloak - useless and makes snipers OP
4. I hope the launch game supports something beyond 3v3 if this is touted to have big scale battles
5. Ship the remaster of HW1 before the launch...get people playing it and building hype! :)

Great job so far, looking forward to what you optimize with 8months till ship!
The snipers should have cloak but they do explosive damage that's what makes them op.
The spartan laser needs more damage because it just ain't good at all right now almost not worth it to get.
And the Mac blast needs more damage and the scorpions need more health.
the game looks really great, but there's one thing I don't understand. Judging by the gameplay, they are using the newer models of the pelicans and stuff but if they were just getting out of cryogenic sleep after being adrift in space... I don't think they would have the updated technology. So it would be cool to see the original models of the pelicans and such return to the game
Post match it wold be nice to see the following:

resources collected/used
enemies destroyed
most enemy destroyed type/faction
most units built
most units lost

love the update
Hello, I have been waiting for this game for years now and it is almost finally here! I am just very concerned for my next favorite game. I just want to make sure most of the issues get addressed that I have seen so far so it can come out better in the end. I'm almost a 1100 hour online veteran of halo wars 1 and obviously I like what the first game had, but I am still interested in what Halo Wars 2 has to offer.

-So far it is seems like they just prettied her up, took some cool stuff out and added some weird iffy new things in. It really does look too cartoony. I thought they would beautify it like the cutscences from the first HW campaign or the trailer for the second. I was expecting bigger unit sizes, much bigger unit caps, way bigger maps, and bigger teams (6v6). I mean what else am I suppose to expect when they work with the makers of Total War games? I want to see large amounts of units on the battlefield.

-So when I play as Captain Cutter on HW1 I am specifically choosing him for the iconic multiple devastating MACs, the ODST spamming, and the occasional max pop Elephant huddle. With HW2 you are given one MAC round that seems pretty useless even when fully upgraded. You can get ODSTs, BUT only one unit at a time and has a slow reload time. I see that they tried to spice it up with giving us more options to choose from in the leader powers menu, but all of them are either too nurfed or too buffed. The waypoint marker for when you try to show a point on the map to a teammate is just a little white blip for a second and it doesn't even make a sound. How am i going to know you are trying to show me something if were not in a party?

-This new game, even though it is a beta seems to be too fast paced, just focused on small skirmishes that one side wins quickly and when they push the other team already has another small army ready to fight them back so it goes on like that forever. No real strategy to it. Just keep pumping and sending in units. Now I know that is how HW1 was/is played but it goes smoother and has more structure to it. It is too chaotic now. The balance is too balanced.

-I was happy to see they added another of the UNSC flying vehicles in the air pad, the Falcon, but it is a different variant that is only good for healing/repairing, no combat role whatsoever. Sort of a bummer. Also sad that Pelicans still are not units to be used either. So where did the Elephant and Cobra go? Flame throwers switching over to snipers actually makes sense. Always seeing how devastating the rebel snipers were on HW1 never made sense why they gave us flame throwers in the first place. Why did they have to create a new scout unit? For goodness sake why not use the Mongoose??? Not some weird useless tribike. Not sure why the Scorpions are nurfed down so much. They seemed to focused on the Rock Paper Scissors method.

-The map also seems very crowded and compact, kind of like I am playing a match of LOL or DOTA. The base and other bases honestly do not seem like they would make sense in the big picture. Those tiny, one pad outposts don't look very good and also don't seem to be worth grabbing and defending. Your main base really feels kind of jumbled together. It reminds me of the map Blackout. I am not sure yet how i feel about the way you get energy. The reactors were replaced with a windmill thing that I feel are used as "filler" buildings. The reactors made sense, the windmill things kinda do not, but I am not sure how i feel yet. Taking control of on map energy output points that you can not garrison units in really doesn't make sense.

-For gods sake PLEASE do not let the campaign turn out to be like Halo 4 and 5. One being a "What the -Yoink- just happened" kind of game and the other ending like a over hyped season finale of a drug out show that they could not just finish and just haaaaad to end in a cliffhanger so they could make another season. Just make it believable to the lore and the games before it. Make it something I would enjoy replaying time and time again. Keep some basics please. Keep how Cutter, Anders, and The Spirit Of Fire looked. Keep ODST-OD-OD-ODS-OD-OD-OD-ODST-ODS-ODST, HELL JUMPERS STANDING DOWN. Keep the originality of what Halo use to be, not what it is trying to be now. Keep me scared of the sound of super speed rods of tugstun falling from the sky and obliterating my units. Lastly, if the Spirit of Fire is adrift, how in the world do they just acquire all these new units or units that do not look like what they use to? Food for thought gents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZImP2ganHg <-- Would have worked for me :P

Still waiting for..
  • HW1 controller layout option
  • After action reports
  • Space battles
  • No BS storyline
  • A beautiful soundtrack
  • Endless hours of actually genuine fun
Alot of things have already been addressed that I agree with. Let's definitely redesign the base looks and a few of the unit looks. Let's also rethink the jackrabbit ability under cutter as it doesn't seem to be used by anyone I've played with. Great theory on paper as far as a rush utilitization but seriously lack of implementation so far. It might be used more heavily in objective based games once the full version comes out but let's look at now. I never used it to win a domination game.
Also I loved the Halo Wars 1 time line and small movie episodes (especially Forge and the Spartans at the end wrecking Sangheilli troops). Can we ensure theres something similar, something cinematic and exciting as well in the new one?
My flaming warthogs stood out and still years later when I play and I always get asked how I acquired it. So let's also ensure something special like that for the preorder. Spirit of Fire patch was cool too. As far as the beta....
  • let's get these powers and specific units adjusted.
  • Base redesign...more halo, less starship troopers
  • Rethink upgrade purchases due to 2 different resources to worry about
  • Adjust command tree slightly. Players are not going to use points one at a time. We'll upgrade after a few for what we want
  • ***very important*** Almost all halo games have a particular type of symmetry when it comes to maps. RTS or FPS it doesn't matter. This needs to be watched carefully. There's an invisible barrier that every hw1 player knows not to cross without scouting. The inclusion of power nodes and only garrisons to hide in (no downed pelicans or cars so far) makes me constantly rush to beat my opponent to all the mini bases and power nodes. I have the upper hand and am now a Platinum 2 player after placement. If we know no fear, what used to be 20 minute matches will turn into another " 93 min all hell breaks loose last battle of THE LAST SAMURAI + TROY " type of repeating conflicst. Lol. There seems to be no "fog" because we can see which power nodes were taken like beacons. (Speaking from deathmatch pov). That's all the feedback I have for this post. I plan on doing a full review after the betas over. Hopefully other agree and enjoy. Good luck!
This feedback is mostly concerning the Deathmatch game mode, as playing Domination I did not have the majority of these problems.

I have found that the eradication beam leader power is ridiculously OP, it completely wiped out my army of vehicle level 3 scorpions and wolverines. It wasn't even a fair fight, I had an army and then two seconds later they were just gone. In the first game the covenant powers were a bit OP but strategic use of the disruptor bomb spirited a somewhat equal counter offense giving you time to hunt their leader down and kill them. Another thing I dislike is it seems like the UNSC's units are at a bit of a disadvantage against the covies in this game as opposed to the first one where the lack of (seemingly powerful) units was combatted with quicker tech upgrades and (seemingly cheaper units overall.)

In summery, I've found that rushing with UNSC works but every time I try to build up and sustain a UNSC army they are quickly and ruthlessly destroyed seemingly effortlessly by the convenant players, I move that the eradication beam be nerfed or some sort of disruptor bomb put into play.

Also, I've found that my cursor is a bit sticking when moving around the map. (And I still have to spam B at the main menu to skip that cutscene.)

Already pre-ordered the ultimate edition or whatever so I'm really looking forward to this game, please don't make it a covie only game.
The game doesn't have the same feel as Halo Wars one did. Not saying that's an entirely bad thing, but with what you're doing its more bad than good. A big problem I have is you need to increase the army sizes. Majorly. Halo Wars one had even bigger army sizes. Also, the game doesn't feel as fluid to play as Halo Wars one.it's no necessarily the fact that it's more complicated, but the complicated-ness isn't fitting in well. This is a very good idea, but it needs to be explained or integrated in a different way. This is all for now
Having a good time with the beta and looking forward to the full game. Creative Assembly and 343 seem to be doing an excellent job with the game. Personally, I feel it would be helpful if there was some sort of pelican/spirit transport ability like the unsc had in the first game. Also, when units and buildings are damaged, the effects don't feel as good as they were in the first game. This is difficult to describe but it may be down to the game only being in beta.

I think the beta is excellent and I can't wait for the full game.
I don't think the close air support ability should have 4 Pelicans all flying around in a circle. It looks stupid. I think instead it should just be one but with increased damage to compensate for the decrease in numbers.
The mac blast explosion animation does not appear when fired even though it causes damage.
Warthogs shoot above the enemy instead of hitting the actual enemy.
There should be a base, building, turret, completion % like the one in HW1.
WTF is a jackrabbit!!!, why not a mongoose, which could be upgraded to have a marine with a rocket launcher on the back for defensive capabilities.
Unit cap is very low, why can't it be more like 80-100, and why do marines take up 3 spots.
I like the pelicans that drops off the buildings, but what happened to the big drop ship that dropped off the actual bases in HW1, it was a lot cooler than an oversized pelican.
Scorpions don't have their main cannon explosion animation when fired at enemies, nor is there an explosion when it hits its target.
We need more distinctive colors, Red team colors should be Red, Orange, Yellow, ect. Blue team should have Dark Blue, Teal, Light/Sky Blue, and maybe purple, ect.
One thing that really stood out to me in HW1 was when an enemy marine or grunt was on low health, a cyclops would pick it up and throw it to the ground, this also happened with honor guard elites, spartans, and the arbiter. This would add a more realistic feel to HW2 and it looks bada$$.
Multiple ODST drops would be very helpful, with only one, it doesn't help that much.

Other than these issues, the game is very fun to play.
Thanks
I love the UNSC, my only two problems with playing as Cutter is that you can only have Jerome as your hero unit. I liked how the Covenant in the first game had 1 super powerful hero unit to counter their over all weaker armies and the UNSC had 3 watered down hero units (Spartan IIs). The other thing is the lack of the Cobra in Halo Wars 2. I know the Kodiak takes it's place as the long rage artillery but I would love to see the Cobra return but perhaps give it a upgrade like collatoral projectiles that would allow their shots to go through multiple enemies.
Hello, I have been waiting for this game for years now and it is almost finally here! I just want to make sure most of the issues get addressed that I have seen so far. I'm almost a 1100 hour online veteran of halo wars 1 and obviously I like what the first game had, but I am still interested in what Halo Wars 2 has to offer. So far it is seems like they just prettied her up, took some cool stuff out and added some weird iffy new things in. It really does look too cartoony. I thought they would beautify it like the cutscences from the first HW campaign or the trailer for the second. I was expecting bigger unit sizes, much bigger unit caps, way bigger maps, and bigger teams (6v6). So when I play as Captain Cutter on HW1 I am specifically choosing him for the iconic multiple devastating MACs, the ODST spamming, and the occasional max pop Elephant huddle. With HW2 you are given one MAC round that seems pretty useless even when fully upgraded. You can get ODSTs, BUT only one unit at a time and has a slow reload time. I see that they tried to spice it up with giving us more options to choose from in the leader powers menu, but all of them are either too nurfed or too buffed. This new game seems like it is too fast paced, just focused on small skirmishes that one side wins quickly and when they push the other team already has another small army ready to fight them back so it goes on like that forever. No real strategy to it. Just keep pumping and sending in units. Now I know that is how HW1 was/is played but it goes smoother and has more structure to it. It is too chaotic now. The balance is too balanced. I was happy to see they added another of the UNSCs flying vehicles in the air pad, the Falcon, but it is a different variant that is only good for healing/repairing, no combat role whatsoever. Sort of a bummer. Also sad that Pelicans still are not units to be used either. So where did the Elephant and Cobra go? Flame throwers switching over to snipers actually makes sense. Always seeing how devastating the rebel snipers were on HW1 never made sense why they gave us flame throwers in the first place. Not sure why the Scorpions are nurfed down so much. They seemed to focused on the Rock Paper Scissors method. The map also seems very crowded and compact, kind of like I am playing a match of LOL or DOTA. The base and other bases honestly do not seem like they would make sense in the big picture. Those tiny, one pad outposts don't look very good and also don't seem to be worth grabbing and defending. Your main base really feels kind of jumbled together. It reminds me of the map Blackout. For gods sake PLEASE do not let the campaign turn out to be like Halo 4 and 5. One being a "What the -Yoink- just happened" kind of game and the other ending like a over hyped season finale of a drug out show that they could not just finish and just haaaaad to end in a cliffhanger so they could make another season. Just make it believable to the lore and the games before it. Make it something I would enjoy replaying time and time again. Keep some basics please. Keep how Cutter, Anders, and The Spirit Of Fire looked. Keep ODST-OD-OD-ODS-OD-OD-OD-ODST-ODS-ODST, HELL JUMPERS STANDING DOWN. Keep the originality of what Halo use to be, not what it is trying to be now. Keep me scared of the sound of super speed rods of tugstun falling from the sky and obliterating my units.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZImP2ganHg - Would have worked for me :P

Still waiting for..
  • HW1 controller layout option
  • Space battles
  • No BS storyline
  • A beautiful soundtrack
  • Endless hours of actually genuine fun
couldn't agree more
The UNSC as well the as the Banished are unorganized. The commander Skill Tree should be accessible from the Armory. At the moment the Armory lacks a real purpose. Not a fan of Energy as a resource, Reactors providing Tech level was more simplistic and did not have to worry about Resource management as much. The units should return to having their own buildings; i.e. Barracks for all infantry, Vehicle Depot for All vehicles, and so on. Marines being the only resource gatherer is also a pain which also invites a problem with the warthog becoming strictly an anti-infantry vehicle unit. All infantry should be able to gather resources and at a much faster gathering rate. The units at the moment feel balanced compared to one another except for the anti air, which seems to develop black hole laser beams of death that destroy anything that flies within seconds. The Artillery unit is a very nice touch in my opinion, adds a little unit variety. Halo Wars should be a platform to build off of instead of creating a new similar game. There still seems to be a vast skill difference between new players and veterans of the franchise. A decent beta though but many things to improve and change.
  • Needs select all units button
  • the old ranking system was more of an improvement than the one it has now
  • the cartoon on style looks terrible and needs to be replaced
  • The units look ugly and look to big
  • more variety of races (for safety measures I have put this in)
I'm very disappointed on how halo has turned out, it's going down hill.
There is no helping you if you don't know there's an all units button
Suggestions: At the end screen of the game, there should be...
- Timer to see how exactly long the game was... If the game was over an hour and half, do not show 99:00 (I had this happen in-game).
- For each player, show the total amount of units the user killed, how many units the user produced, how many bases they put down, how many bases they destroyed, and also the total of how much loot/electricity they gathered.
Nerf every single unit.
Marines are OP against everything.
Vultures are OP. I used an army of fully upgraded banished anti air vehicles and turrets against 8 vultures. My units shot first dealing 0 damage and then the vultures obliterated my entire army, paper shield and base. Even cleansing wasn't capable of stopping them.
I build a second army to stop them and that army dealt 0 damage again.
I use Wraiths vs Marines and the Wraiths lose.
Locusts deal no damage.
Scorpions and all of the UNSC units have damage and defense Buff against banished units and the same amount of population.
I think that wolverines need to be buffed. If the other player has built an army of banshees that are breezing through the map destroying anything in their path and I build an army of wolverines to counter them, I should win that battle quickly.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. ...
  9. 23