2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. ...
  9. 23
WFT. IS EVERYTHING JUST RUSHING NOW. THIS SUCKS YOU'VE RUINED THE GAME.
There is no system everyone has the exact same abilities. There is no strategy. It's just a grinding build attached. No time to build counter attack this sucks
Just when you start to think that 343 and Microsoft have F'ed up too much. I can't believe it. This is why Sony is winning
Is it just me or do bases take a long time to destroy?

Can we get the unit cap increased when your team mate quits or disconnects? I made it 45 minutes into a game today and my partner DC'ed. Frustrating to lose that deep into a game because you have no chance against 2 players. Unless one or both of them has no idea what's going on.
How to all units:

1. You literally hold down LB and RB for about 3 seconds and then all units will come up.
Profit.

Also I think marines should be nerfed, way too op
this is my feedback..how about doubletap RB for ALL UNITS...and why can I build a vehicle depot/air pad but cannot crap out any units yet??...the cursor isn't sticky enough me
its only beta so I assume there will bw settings..moving around the map attempting to be sudden in selecting unit and moving them just oesnt seem as responsive as it was in the first game...ultimately the game is sweet and the beta needs extended haha
Hello all I just wanted to post my thoughts and likes vs. dislikes of halo wars 2. I feel as if the game has a lot of potential and a good foundation I personally enjoy the new direction that it has taken. While the game has a lot of good points it definitely isn't with the bad being the unsc forums I'll start my focus on them with captain cutter and as I'm sure many have stated and I'm kind of kicking a dead horse he doesn't look or really sound anything like his predecessor and that is something that didn't really help me get in the feel of this game but that is really only astetic and not a huge issue. The bases are an awesome design that I love and feel that they give the game a different feel although it is the same mechanic and I also enjoy that you strayed away from reactors and went with the base being the foundation for your tech, I feel that is a huge step up and away from the original and I approve. The units for the unsc at least are nice and varied and each feels differ and has a differ look and plays a little different which is awesome. On the other hand though I don't feel as if vehicles or air are really playing a huge part when you can just make a huge army of infantry and annihilate everything in your path. The other side to the army that I don't really much care for is the lack of reader has options to really put you ahead of your opponent and give you that edge in battle, the addition of an all inclusive unit type upgrade is awesome but the lack of individual upgrades feels really lack luster, the same can be said for the covenant. Finally my thoughts on the leaders power upgrades, I must say that I love the idea and depth that the commander upgrades give and the diversity that they add my only real issue is the power of each of those upgrades certain ones feel mostly useless leading to me always chosing the same ones no matter if I was playing deathmatch or capturing points leading me to really feel that no matter what I did I was always on the same foot as my opponent. Again this isn't all of my thoughts and opinions just a few I figured I would share i would also like to see what everyone's opinions are on the new controls if you love or hate them.
Wrong topic.
TLDR: The UNSC as a whole are well made in their design, and I like Commander Cutter's theme of offensive play and quality troops. The way the UNSC and the Banished differ in core ground and air troops is a clever way to add an extra layer of strategy to the game. Although build paths and units are similar in anti-troop or rock paper scissors, the game does enough tweaks between the two factions to drastically change strategies.

So far I have played the Halo Wars 2 Beta every day since it launched Monday the 13th and I will most likely continue to play it till it ends. I'm here to talk about the UNSC: Commander Cutter. I've also been playing Halo Wars 1 since the case comes out and it's still one of my favorite games to jump back on. Now I'm going to use this forum right and focus on giving feedback to this faction. I'm not going to complain or review the beta's graphics, technical ability, or smoothness because it’s a very early build of the game.

So the UNSC... let's talk about that. So I got to say I think it's pretty smart that both Cutter and Atriox having a related build and unit concepts. It makes learning the other faction on its basic platform much easier and I appreciate that. However, it took me a bit to realize after playing Atriox a little bit in Deathmatch just how strong the UNSC are. The core unit for Cutter is the Marine, costing around 180 resources, while Atriox's grunts cost 100. Because of this if you were to build nothing but Marines against grunts, you are going to win, regardless of the rock paper scissor approach, and regardless if you were smart enough to make anti-infantry. Because the UNSC core infantry troops are just better off than Atriox's core troops, this adds a new flair to the how you fight one another. As the UNSC, I felt powerful, but I didn't know I was THAT powerful. It made me thankful that they made infantry truly capable of taking on air, while in Halo Wars 1, it felt like an army of banshees would win any day against Marines.

The ability tree is well made for Cutter, the classic MAC is great and the way it upgrades is a smart addition. I really do feel the playability behind Cutter. With his early game abilities you can choose to be a harasser/raider, capping points very quickly or smacking a base and running away behind enemy lines OR you can make your units powerful with vets and adrenaline, getting them to place to place quickly with devastating force. Cutter is offensive, either in a hit and run form, or a very scary quality over quantity form. I feel like the vulture’s new warhead ability is a great replacement form the missile barrage. I also enjoy that the UNSC have a healing unit, it was needed.

Some people are saying that its silly that both sides have similar unit and build structures, but I think having a similar understand no matter who are what you are playing helps to adapt easier, it’s the little things that will give you an advantage. Cutter has raid to capture things quicker, while Atriox has the exact opposite ability to make capturing points longer for the enemy. One is offensive, the other is defensive, and that is a very smart way to make them different.

This version of the UNSC is well designed in its theme and its gameplay. I think you guys are on the right track with Cutter's version, but I will be more interested to see how you make other UNSC commander's and their units differ. Cutter's main points are offense tactics and quality troops, so maybe someone else has weaker units but better tech upgrades? Not sure how that will work but I'm looking forward to it.
Background: HEAVY Halo Wars One player. Was it perfect, nah, but it was really good and I liked it. Here is, hopefully, a productive critique.

Ok, so I played two games and here are the thoughts.

Bad New First, let's just get it over with.
-Base Design is a bit "ehh" It's ok, not great.
-Marines shouldn't take up 3 population and only being able to build them out of a main base is awful
-I was a HEAVY Captain Cutter user in HW One, you have nerfed the ODST drop into the ground. Then you took a shovel and dug a hole so you could nerf it further. I'm displeased. You can only spawn one squad of ODST and then the cooldown takes FOREVER.
-The units appear too large or perhaps the screen is too zoomed in at all times.
-Leaderpowers (UNSC) seem to not be working correctly. Could just be a beta bug. For instance I can only get one Mac Blast out of cutter and the aiming is awful
-Textures and colors look unpolished (Again, I'm assuming that's just a beta thing)
-Controls respond incredibly slow, and the stick rarely points to the proper selection on the wheel.
-This is small, but when you tell marines to do something there is no sound effect. You're left wondering if they got the order or not.

The Good!
-I like the new addition of "energy" as a currency. It's a great game mechanic that balances things much better. Losing your reactors in HW One was awful, you were instantly CRIPPLED. With the new energy currency you can still make a few units while getting up and running. Great game mechanic. Small point of contention, I agree with other people before me, the "generators" look awful and stupid.
-I like the new global upgrades for "All Infantry" "All Air" etc. I enjoy upgrade mechanics
-The new minibase concept is cool. I'm not sure if I love it or will ultimately find them useless. We'll see.

I'll keep playing. You keep fixing.
DANN3101 wrote:
Background: HEAVY Halo Wars One player. Was it perfect, nah, but it was really good and I liked it. Here is, hopefully, a productive critique.

Ok, so I played two games and here are the thoughts.

Bad New First, let's just get it over with.
-Base Design is a bit "ehh" It's ok, not great.
-Marines shouldn't take up 3 population and only being able to build them out of a main base is awful
-I was a HEAVY Captain Cutter user in HW One, you have nerfed the ODST drop into the ground. Then you took a shovel and dug a hole so you could nerf it further. I'm displeased. You can only spawn one squad of ODST and then the cooldown takes FOREVER.
-The units appear too large or perhaps the screen is too zoomed in at all times.
-Leaderpowers (UNSC) seem to not be working correctly. Could just be a beta bug. For instance I can only get one Mac Blast out of cutter and the aiming is awful
-Textures and colors look unpolished (Again, I'm assuming that's just a beta thing)
-Controls respond incredibly slow, and the stick rarely points to the proper selection on the wheel.
-This is small, but when you tell marines to do something there is no sound effect. You're left wondering if they got the order or not.

The Good!
-I like the new addition of "energy" as a currency. It's a great game mechanic that balances things much better. Losing your reactors in HW One was awful, you were instantly CRIPPLED. With the new energy currency you can still make a few units while getting up and running. Great game mechanic. Small point of contention, I agree with other people before me, the "generators" look awful and stupid.
-I like the new global upgrades for "All Infantry" "All Air" etc. I enjoy upgrade mechanics
-The new minibase concept is cool. I'm not sure if I love it or will ultimately find them useless. We'll see.

I'll keep playing. You keep fixing.
I don't agree with everything you mentioned but, I do gotta say, well thought out. Happy to see someone else wanting this game to shine. :)
No joke if your playing with four captain cutters and you know what your doing its almost two even of a fight I had a game last 3 hours it was that even the other guy had to leave
So far, so good! I posted this on another thread, but figured I'd put it here as well...

Thanks for giving us 2 different game modes to experience, though I was surprised that you started us off with Domination mode.

1. I thought the graphics were nice, but I do wish you could zoom out a bit more.
2. I 100% agree with others that have mentioned that the ally team colors need to be better differentiated, especially for the blue teams- I think blue and green would be better, or blue and purple.
3. Someone else mentioned it and I totally agree, please allow us to have our troops travel in formation instead of a haphazard mess. My units can not fight or protect each other accurately from other units, when they are arriving to battle in disarray!
4. Hoping unit caps will be a bit higher through another population increase or two on the actual game, either that or the vehicle units will not take such a hit on your population.
5. Again, saw someone else mention this and wanted to chime in my agreement... when playing multiplayer- if you have a team mate that quits or gets kicked due to connection, PLEASE have the game allow the remaining player to have the ability to cap units at the max typically shared between two players. EX: Unit cap in the Beta was 80... if your team mate drops out you should be able to cap out at 160, to accurately compete with two enemy teams.
6. I had some issues accurately using the commander special abilities, any way we could make access to those and use a bit easier? Perhaps I just didn't have the controls figured out well.
7. I didn't notice many changes to the infantry upon upgrades, and while it is certainly possibly I just wasn't paying attention, it would be nice if they looked a little more interesting as they were upgraded- for aesthetics and confidence.
8. Other than the original base, perhaps any other firebases or mini bases could be cloaked to the enemy, so they don't know where your additional bases are without scouting first, and vice versa. You and your ally should be able to see your locations, but perhaps the enemy shouldn't know where ALL of your bases are upon establishing them.

Thanks for releaseing the Beta so we could all get a preview and provide our feedback. Looking forward to purchasing the full game, and hopefully with a few little tweeks from your feedback forums.
I love the pelican gunship ability.
Austism AP wrote:
I love the pelican gunship ability.
I agree that the gun ship ability is awesome but it feels completely overpowered in that the cool down time isn't to bad and the ships are very tough compared to atriox's devastation ability that is even more powerful but slightly easier to avoid so it has to be used carefully. Where as the Pelicans can just be called in haphazardly mess a whole army up and leave.
- Warthog needs a speed increase
- Nightingale needs a really big nerf. They can heal themselves and the army at a rate where its impossible to kill either.
- Wolverines need to be stronger.
- Vultures are way too strong. They demolish wolverines.
- Marine talk is really bad, it makes me cringe "Thats gonna leave a scar, and I was so pretty", the "I expect headshots" line and so on. Get rid of the biker guy voice and get someone that sounds like soldier.
- Garrison units only have 1 guy visible/shooting
- Add icon that units are healing, like hw 1
- Add back players on minimap (other players camera location)
- Please add in more unit upgrades instead of the global air/factory/infantry levels.
- Windmills don't make sense for power generation. This is a highly tech oriented army and they use windmills? They wouldn't generate near enough power for an army. Use reactors.
- Pelican gun ship ability is too strong.
- Need to be able to build more ODST's as cutter.
UNSC flamethrowers do way too much damage to buildings, specifically the main base. 14 flamethrower units can level a base in under 15 seconds, I thought they were anti infantry not anti building. It only makes it worse due to how available these units are at the beginning so it is easier to spam out. The flamers need a nerf to their health as well since they are so strong against marines and grunts early game. You can have 6 marines hosing 1 flamer down and he will kill 4 marines before he died because he had so much health. Even if you have 6 choppers with you it will take so long just to kill 1 flamer unit while they still have 10 other flamers running around. The flamethrowers main role should be anti infantry, not anti building or early game tank like the brute jump packs. Maybe even an increase in their spawning time is needed. The role of the flamer is to support the main early game fighting force which is the marines through their specialization which is anti infantry not replace the marines entirely.
I feel as if the Pelican raid power is OP. I think it should have the Pelicans do either a single run, or a single Pelican, one that is immune to damage, do the one fourth the damage of the current raid power.
1.) I love this game it's amazing and could play it for days.
2.) the warthogs hornets and jackrabbits need to have the unit speed increased warthogs move very slow they are fast attack units same as honets they also need a rocket attack upgrade
3.) the power ups are great it's just they take forever to recover maybe decrease that but 3% or more
4.) the special abilitys need to be reworked I'll hit the Y button when using a vulture or scorpion and nothing happens I like to have control over how I use unit specials not have them unit it on there own
5.) more Spartans not just Jerome please in HW1 there was always at least 3 maybe add a full squad only attainable at tech level 3 squad being 4 or 5 that's us a fire team.
Any way that's just some of the tweets I would like to see regardless I will be getting this game and playing the crap out of it. Thank you creative assembly you guys and 343 Rock
The pelican gunship run should do nothing to air vehicles similar to how carpet bomb in the original didn't do anything. Kodiaks with hornets and a gunship brigade is unstoppable. That or Kodiaks should be nerfed either in damage or range.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. ...
  9. 23