3. 13
  4. 14
  5. 15
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. ...
  9. 23
GameKillerFT: Halo War 2 Beta: UNSC

1. Suggestive Building Additions: Team Color Opions, green, black ,purple, gold, pink, etc. Red and Blue are to bland and effect unit Color so lets see that Black ONI Spartan
  2. Radar Jammer Turret Opion, Blocks Enemy Special Attack, Y Button, and Commader Power
  3. Building Names, Vehicle Depo, Hanger, HQ: Mini Base Outpost
  4. Health Bar Indicators, Building % Indicators for Production Status
  5. Suggestive Unit Additions: More Upgrades Options: Warthog Side Gunner, Hornet Wingman, Nightgail Side Gunners Addition, Cyclops Repair Option, Anti Vehicle Sniper Rifle Ugrade or Second Sniper (Two Sniper Man Teams).
  6. Continued: Grizzle Tank, Elephant, Glemlin, Hawk (Hornet Super Form), Cobra (Rail Gun), Warthog needs to able to grab Supplies or the Jackrabbit by Default, 3-6 Spartan Heros.
  7. Suggestive Commander Power Additions: All powers avaliable to obtain, Pelican Transport Ability, Disruptor Bomb, Multiple ODST drops 4-6, Spartan Strike Team (Simalar to Close Air Support Ability but Ground Based).
  8. General Suggestive Additions: More Distinctive Buildings, Veterancy Distiction needs better Depiction, Spartan Insignia needs more Depiction.
This list is Features from Halo Wars 1 that Players and I (GameKillerFT) have discussed after hours of testing, this is Suggestive and meant to get the Ball Rolling. Not all items listed are Halo Wars 1 origin. Thanks For Reading
- Health Bars for bases should be more clearly visible above the base when attacking.
- Base shield health needs to be displayed alongside normal health for The Banashed bases.
Something i always thought in the original was "the marines should just use their rocket launchers regularly instead of the Y ability, like when theyre garrisoned". Well, thanks! You did it. But i do feel that they are used far too often. I love the idea, but maybe lower the frequency? When fully upgraded marines are basically anti-everything, and its a little silly how many people just spam marines. And i really feel the grunts should have a comparable ability. The mines are kinda lame, adding a fuel rod gun would be cool and would parallel nicely with marines, as well as make sense since freaking fuel rod grunts are painfully common in halo. ]

Another thing i always wanted in HW, SNIPERS. I looked at rebel snipers and got jealous. So again, thanks. Flamethrowes maybe should have a dash ability to charge a group, since im assuming the rangers will be upgradeable in the finished version and i wouldnt want a repeat of HW1 where jackals just shred flamers before they even get close.

I love how warthogs are actually substantial now. In the FPS halo games you dont see 40 warthogs charging a scarab. You see 2 and a few mongooses. or a guass hog winding between wraiths. They are powerful vehicles and didnt feel that way in the first, and now they do. I like that. I also ADORE the kodiak. its a beast. i miss the cobra but this is a fun replacement, and the point defense cannon, you guys are after my heart i swear. Wolverines a little weak, may need a little buff, or maybe when upgrades are added it will be good.

Hero powers are... huh. I hated the covenant powers in the orignal, but generally didnt mind the UNSCs singular powers and single passive buff per leader. Ive had some fun with the new system, but i dont think i prefer this so much as the old. If reworking like the old UNSC system is out of the question, Maybe try using multiple trees instead of just one with everything in it? IE Direct attack tree (MAC, air assault), Reinforcement tree (ODST, Cyclops, ODST assault group), support tree (raid, adrenaline, restoration, etc). Make people think more strategically since youd have to split points between trees

Overall im tentatively excited. One final Thing id like to see adjusted is the unit pops. they seem needlessy confusing. Im all for complexity, it is a STRATEGY game after all, but it seems unnecessary to have units starting at 2 pop and going to 9. Condense please. Start at 1 and lower the rest. The basic 1,2,3 for all but Uber units in the original was nice. Simple and sweet. Please tweak a bit
So happy snipers got added. I was jealous of the rebels in HW1. Though I was playing against an enemy in Deathmatch, & when he garrisoned them, they could shoot all the way to one of my bases. The garrison was not close. Also the stun effect is a little OP. The stunned units can barely even take a step before they're shot again. So they got wrecked. Especially against the Banished Warlord. Also the Kodiak is utterly forgettable, & it sometimes won't even shoot anything, even when deployed and an enemy is within line of sight. Bit disappointed with the change to ODSTs as well, and the MAC blast seems really weak for a giant coilgun made in the 26th century and fired from space. Also, is it just me or is it actually impossible to get 5 people into a armed Warthog? Little strange. Everything else is pretty good.
Nick052 wrote:
So happy snipers got added. I was jealous of the rebels in HW1. Though I was playing against an enemy in Deathmatch, & when he garrisoned them, they could shoot all the way to one of my bases. The garrison was not close. Also the stun effect is a little OP. The stunned units can barely even take a step before they're shot again. So they got wrecked. Especially against the Banished Warlord. Also the Kodiak is utterly forgettable, & it sometimes won't even shoot anything, even when deployed and an enemy is within line of sight. Bit disappointed with the change to ODSTs as well, and the MAC blast seems really weak for a giant coilgun made in the 26th century and fired from space. Also, is it just me or is it actually impossible to get 5 people into a armed Warthog? Little strange. Everything else is pretty good.
I agree about the addition of snipers. It's great. I'll spawn 5 of them and use them to be harassing and gain veterancy quickly while I build up my base. Lol
Another thing is this: http://cleantechnica.com/2014/04/22/uge-raises-bar-vertical-axis-micro-wind-turbines/. It's the 21st century. Halo is set in the 26th. Stick with the reactors. Though I love the new power supplies as well because they force you to really think about what is on your base. In HW1 I always had 2 Heavy supply pads, 1 Advanced Reactor, Field Armoury, Barracks, Vehicle Depot and Air Pad. Now though, I have to comprimise on what is going on my base. It also meant I expanded quicker, both too new bases and Forerunner power nodes. Also wondering where Nightingales and Kodiaks come from. Did Serina just get bored, cannabilise the Hawks and Cobras and build them from scratch? Also are Grizzlies going too return? Also please say they vented the Gremlins! Don't ever want to see them again.
Love all these units, the one thing Bothering me is how jerome "runs" to wherever you tell him to go. He looks like if he's jumping over daisies lol. Also captain cutter's power ups, why can i not use them?!? :(
Has anyone found the watchtowers making any difference to their turrets yet? I'm not sure about it and the Siege Turret has a long range anyway
Love all these units, the one thing Bothering me is how jerome "runs" to wherever you tell him to go. He looks like if he's jumping over daisies lol. Also captain cutter's power ups, why can i not use them?!? :(
By pressing the back button in game, you can access the Commander tree. Then you expand the tree by unlocking certain powerups/leader powers such as the MAC blast and things like that. The same goes for the Covenant.
This is not UNSC specific, but I need a button (or button combination) to select all units on the whole map.

If there is already one in the Beta, I have not found it.
This is not UNSC specific, but I need a button (or button combination) to select all units on the whole map.

If there is already one in the Beta, I have not found it.
Hey bro just hold RB instead of tapping it. That should help
Quite enjoying the UNSC side, more than the covenant one that's for sure. Vultures are overpowered in my opinion, it seems that every battle ends up being a vulture spam and trying to counter them with wolverines or infantry rarely ends well. I think that they should be slower to build and more expensive to compensate. I think that snipers should deploy in teams of two not one and a drone. I'd like to see snipers as they are portrayed on the Mombasa cutscene in halo 2. Also give them the classic halo sniper rifle please, at least before the stancion upgrade. Units need to have more upgrades as well, I would like to still be able to give my warthogs side seaters and have passengers on the hornets etc. I like the support powers but think that you should make it clearer that you can only pick either the ODSTs or Pelicans, not both.
I don't like the bold colours for units, it's better than the day-glow green of the first game but I'd much rather field marines in the classic brown/green and the same for the vehicles. Maybe make the bold colours an optional toggle. The opening tutorial needs work, I didn't realise how several buttons worked on the control pad until I checked under options, so I didn't know for my first couple of games that there was an all units option and speed scroll button. I've yet to see anyone use flamethrowers at all, and I haven't found them useful when I use them. I think they would be better off being replaced by something else, maybe an option to field ODSTs without calling them from orbit. I haven't found the jackrabbit to be very useful either, it struggles against infantry and quickly dies against anything else. I'd much rather you had the mongoose instead, maybe with options to upgrade it to a rocket launcher in the second seat or a gungoose.
Bases look much better than they did in halo wars 1 and make more sense now that they deploy via pelican but I'd still prefer it if the base was more fluid in its design rather than squeezed into a box layout.
I think that Mac blasts should damage air units. It's annoying when you call in a Mac blast through a vulture and the vulture loses not a single point of health.
The unit cap should be increased and also changed to make more sense. Why does a marine squad take up 3 population? If you're left with 1 pop left to fill it goes to waste as nothing is 1 pop.

Despite these criticisms I'm having fun with this game so far and overall I think you're doing a good job! :)
Great game guys

Really loving - snipers, Kodiaks, the new cyclops.
Also the infanty game is so much more fun now and a great way to play unlike HW1 after a certain point in the game. Please don't change :)

I have played quite a few games now and there hasn't been a single use op strategy I have face yet which is great. We'll done

Base defenses are great and armoury upgrades make turtling more fun.

Things to think about = while I think the unit cap is where it needs to be (you can only handle so much and more units won't necessarily make it more fun) but I found myself with 78/80 pop and there aren't enough unit options to get to max so could you play with that a bit.

The pelican transports would be a great power only because they are so iconic...so a useful power.

Also have at the top of the screen icons for you leader Powers. Have then faded when in cool down and flash and go bright when they come back. That way I can make sure I can continue to drop the odst's and see what I have available in battle.

Great work guys......so excited.
I feel strongly that the ODST cool down time needs to be decreased and the MAC blast needs to be improved the MAC blast right now shouldn't even be called a MAC blast with how weak it is the MAC blast is supposed to be powerful and everyone knows this.
Vultures are rigged
Covenant cannot defeat them.
I really enjoyed the beta, but of course i have some ideas for changes, but i'm going to start with some assumptions.
  • I Assume that there will be more upgrades for units that we don't have access to yet.
  • The population will increase
for changes,
  • the colors need to be more distinct
  • i would have expected bigger armies, in comparison, i could have 13 tanks in 1, now only 11. 40 marines versus less than 30, same 20 hornets though.
  • The rock, paper scissors needs to be more apparent, i'm thinking like the damage bonus needs o be hight
  • a more clear pause screen that shows which enemies and friendlies that have been defeated
  • the MAC seems a little under powered compared to the pelican gunship.
  • The maps are a little tight in terms of open space and pathways. now i say seems not they need to bigger.
Thanks for listening, Ensemble set the bar high and 343 has their work cut out for them.
Good luck.
Units: The more I have been playing the beta the more I have realized they have lost the balance of units within each faction. What I'm talking about is specifically the anti-type units. To specify i think of the anti-vehicle units, both are infantry units. the problem with this is it does not add variety within the different factions. In the first halo wars cobras and hunters were the anti vehicle units. what was nice about this is that hunters countered cobras and for air wolverines countered vampires. As the units are currently setup it lacks creativity between factions. If you are supposedly adding depth to the game this is for sure taking away from it. my suggestion would be to have a setup something like this:

human: barracks: hellbringers, sniper, put the 3 spartans here (as original game was), heavy infantry unit (possibly odst)
garage: tanks, wolverines, kodiak, warthogs ,anti vehicle unit
air pad: hornets, vultures, nightengale, possibly building killer like a bomber (that is if you dont put one in garage)

covenant (banished): barracks: suicide grunts, elite rangers, hunters, brutes(like the brutes from hw1 with bruteshot) they would be the heavy unit and could attack air
garage: wraith, marauder, locust, possibly 1 more
air pad: banshee, vampire( anti-air from hw1), engineer, blisterback, the support one (forgot the name) from beta

to further explain heavy infantry would be a slower moving unit that has high damage, more health than main infantry, and would be better than main infantry against vehicles, but slightly worse against air. gremlins and elephants should return.

Upgrades: I would say some of the new upgrades you have put in the game have promise but need to be tweaked slightly.

units: I feel that they should keep the main system where each unit has individual upgrades that give them new abilities, more damage and health. it would be cool if you could make y abilities for each unit, although it would not be a big deal if not all had one. i am assuming all units will have upgrades because currently wolverines and kodiaks do not, but i realize this is just a beta. all units need individual upgrades come full game though.

Upgrade all units in a building: I welcome this addition, but i think currently having three levels is overkill. instead of adding depth and creativity all this is really doing is taking a good element and making it dull and repetitive. My suggestion would be to have just one level in all unit buildings, which only upgrades the speed and health of all the units in the building. It would almost be as an adrenaline upgrade (from original) for all unit types. Damage upgrades should only come from the individual unit upgrades. it is important to try and balance this upgrade with individual upgrades so it causes players to upgrade in different orders depending on the in game situation. Again, 3 levels of these upgrades is too much. I feel it should be 1 level, but please no more than 2 levels.

Field armory (special upgrades): to start of with a positive i like the new turret upgrades having an upgrade on building strength as well. again though I feel this should be cut down from 3 upgrades to 2 upgrades (medium and large turrets). reserves needs to be just one upgrade. having more than one just becomes tedious. population on the other hand i could see being useful if it did have two at 2 different tech levels, but again one would also be fine. i would say keep the covey hero in this building as it was in the original game.

commander points: I could be wrong but it feels as though players earn commander points by waiting out time limits. this should be removed if it is the current way of earning them. I would say i do thing the upgrade tree is a neat idea, but it is currently overpowered. this is where it gets difficult to suggest stuff because i feel you should go back to covey leaders and human powers, super units. in my opinion powers such as mac blast and cleansing beam should be support additions in the game rather than attack powers. to simplify I am saying the army you build with units needs to be what dishes out the damage and matters most. powers should only be there to slightly alter the battle. One change I would make is to put the mac blast and all powers like this back in the field armory. upgrading the leader power needs to be a right that is earned, meaning that an enemy player should be allowed to stop you from upgrading your powers. they could do this by destroying the field armory building. what i would say you could do to try and keep this aspect of an upgrade tree is to just have supply by each ability in this tree. it may not be the most unique way to get the upgrades like a commander point was trying to be, but it makes it fair for an RTS game. again all upgrades should be earned rather than just given to players. you could keep heal level 1 and 2, capture points faster 1 and 2, put in a disruption bomb to stop powers again maybe have level 1 and 2 with either different cool down times or larger radius. pelican transport level 1 and 2 (different levels would carry different amounts of units.) going off of this dropships that drop predetermined units could have a place in here because I do think its a cool idea, but it would just have to be balanced and not completely change a battle just by this power. as for the mines i think they should either be removed from the game or they should in some way be a base defense mechanism that you build from a building. For the brute currently the cleansing beam is fine, but the other cleansing beam that has 5 beams and explodes is way too strong and honestly should be removed from the game.

overall suggestions: supply gathering on the map takes way too long. i think the collection time needs to be reduced.
Love playing the game for i love playing RTS titles, My problem is that on deathmatch i cant hear the ambient music like i did on domination. I may sound crazy but i like some music while building just like the original halo wars. Also, whenever i use the healing abilty sometimes it doesnt activate or doesn't show the green field, so i'm not sure if i'm healing my units or what. In addition, whatever happen to the medics? overall i enjoy the game even though some of the controls scheme are different so it takes some getting used to.
I feel strongly that the ODST cool down time needs to be decreased and the MAC blast needs to be improved the MAC blast right now shouldn't even be called a MAC blast with how weak it is the MAC blast is supposed to be powerful and everyone knows this.
i agree with this, MAC blast suppose to be powerful
Miscellaneous nitpicks and suggestions:
-Why in the world do the most basic units in the game--marines and jackrabbits--cost 3 population? If there is no single-population-point unit, then what do the points even mean?
-I don't really understand why the Jackrabbit is a thing when Halo already has the Mongoose.
-ODSTs feel under-powered. A single use gets one unit of ODSTs and has a significant cool down, and that single unit dies very easily. I say the ability should be upgradeable so that the power has three different drops per use. Otherwise, the only way I can think they'd be useful in their current iteration is giving them the ability to drop into the fog of war, to scout out and capture locations.

Here's some critical feedback that will drastically impact my enjoyment of the game:
-Battles progress too quickly to strategize. Every unit has too little health and too much attack power; when a battle starts, blink and half of each army is dead. There's no time to Select Local Units>scroll to specific unity type>find enemy on the map they're strong against>target that enemy>move on to next unit type and repeat. Either the units' automatic behavior needs to be fantastic and all battles require no micromanaging whatsoever, or the battles need to slow down to allow the player to direct them before they're all dead.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. 15
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. ...
  9. 23