2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. ...
  9. 23
I want to start off by telling everyone the select all units is by holding the local units for about a sec. So far the game is alright. I'm not a huge fan of having 2 resources but I canunder stand why they did it. I wasn't a fan of the domination game mode but the death match is pretty good. The game seems buggie and gets stuck loading ALOT!! I've only played the Unsc side and I've noticed a few things

-marines and the counter marines cost way too much population. They really need to be dropped to 2 at the most I can see the the long shot guy costing 3 but not those 2. The rest of the units need to go back to hw1 population cost ex tank 4 hornet 3 vulcher 8

-veh need to have more than 1 upgrade

-wolverines are anti air however they seem to be far too weak attack wise against a mess of banshees. I had 10 made up and I should of been able to kill his 10-15 banshees no problem but he killed all mine and still had more than half his left

-noticed a lot of issues with the 1 Spartan ex getting ejected out of unit for no reason loosing unit when hitting y. I'm fine with Spartan being tied to a unit perm or just temp if you can ejecte him it needs a new buton.

-the unit that locks down noticed Spartan forcing him to be stuck in 1 spot unless you select him from local units and then he ejects out once he moves. It needs to be fixed

Most of the other things are cosmetic like not seeing units fire there y button attack and being able to do so from all units. Would of liked the all units to be put back threat it was rb instead of lb held. Need to fix loading glitch both at launch and at start of match. If player doscinects maybe pause and search for new it within the first 1-2min or chsnge to computer. Other that that the beta has redeemed itself with that death match
Hellbringers do way too much damage to buildings and possibly vehicles. Decrease the damage they do to buildings but keep damage against infantry the same.
-I can't tell if Scorpions have fired their canister shell unless I see the cool down timer. The explosions need to be more visible.
-MAC rounds need to do more damage.
-Hornets are a little too weak. Hopefully upgrades will be available in the full release.
I feel strongly that the ODST cool down time needs to be decreased and the MAC blast needs to be improved the MAC blast right now shouldn't even be called a MAC blast with how weak it is the MAC blast is supposed to be powerful and everyone knows this.
I feel like the ODST cooldown is perfectly fine, because if you use a the special ability it can decimate building, so having a large amount of ODST could kill a base really fast
Then just make ODST's the way they were on Halo Wars 1 I liked the multiple ODST's a lot better.
I personally like having the marines and ODST seperate, since Captain Cutter is supposed to be mobile and raid, thats exactly what the ODST are, run by an enemies base, click the Y button, and run away and take out chunks of their health, especially good at taking out mini-bases, I don't know about other people, but I like the idea of raiding and ODST support the playstyle
  • Well I can see they are trying to "improve" on the previous game but thus far I am unimpressed.
To change:
  • Go back to mechanics of halo wars 1 with the rock, paper, scissors mechanic for combat removed as that isn't how halo wars 1 was like.
  • Why remove units such as the Spartans and cobra's. The Y abilities seem to have nearly vanished as the upgrades for most units don't even exist.
  • bring back the simplistic leader powers such as Mac and carpet bomb etc.
  • Bring back leaders which you can control with all new abilities as it is a different enemy instead of the covenant.
  • The graphics on units don't look great.
  • colours for teams need to be more distinctive.
  • whats the point of the power supplies and the main supplies, makes it that much more confusing. With the added tech level but can no long be removed like halo wars 1 you destroyed there reactors.
  • the commander tech tree seems pointless and unnecessary as you spend more time deciding what ability you want instead of using it and killing your enemy.
If I'm honest I can't think of any good things about it
Completely agree, especially with the tech tree thing.

They're making something more complicating than it needs to be. Halo Wars was a simple game, but this game just doesn't make sense and parts of it seem unnecessary. I'm glad this is a "beta" though, 'cause the sound design in my opinion is awful and needs to be improved. It's not clunky and metallic like the first one.

It's a shame Ensemble Studios went bust after they developed Halo Wars, they should be making the sequel.
So I was platinum 4 during domination, but then took a break before finally playing death match last night for a while. It was a great improvement and here are a few things I noticed about the UNSC gameplay:

1) Vultures and turrets are waaaaaayyy overpowered. One game in particular last night where my teammate and I had eliminated one of the enemy players and only had one remaining. Now my teammate and I literally had every base but one on the map, along with every power source, but somehow just by making 4 turrets and then maxing his population with vultures the enemy was able to turtle up and hold on to his single base for an extra 30 minutes! This was beyond irritating as we were hitting him with every combination we could think of. Please explain to me how an army of 12 wolverines cannot kill 5 vultures?
2) Following #1, OFFER VEHICLE UPGRADES FOR WOLVES AND COBRAS, NOT JUST TANKS. Make them stronger, so that a few vultures can not put an a$$whooping on a whole army of wolves. Also bring back power turrets. Seriously. Bring them back. For real.
3) Why cant snipers attack buildings or vehicles? I know for a fact that anti-vehicle rounds exist today for sniper rifles, so lets assume that years in the future(and in the halo universe) they're at least using the same thing if not something slightly futuristic? I would just allow the snipers to shoot at everything aside from air units. Problem Solved.
4) The visuals of hornets shooting always show them missing and randomly shooting the ground beside the enemy, instead of the enemy-although also causing damage while missing?
5) The population count per unit, FOR ALL UNITS, is just too much. GIVE US LARGER BATTLES AND MORE UNITS WITH THE POP CAP INCREASE. Don't just add more total population and then increase the cost of population per unit, that's counterproductive to what the people want. HUGE BATTLES! At the moment this is no better than the government increasing minimum wage just to adjust for inflation/cost of living increases-the end result people are still poor in the real world and I still can't build the large army that I want to in HW2. Pretty shi**y if you ask me.
6) And finally------F**K JEROME AND HIS TERRIBLE AI, WE ALL WANT MORE SPARTANS NOT LESS!!!!!!!!! Seriously though, we went from 3 up-gradable and amazing spartan's to one idiotic half-robot named Jerome who is dead more than alive and can't seem to figure out how to fight like the game changing unit his is designed to be? Many, many head shakes to this topic designers. Shame on you! I guess Bungie and Ensemble Studios give-ith, while Creative Assembly and 343 take-ith away.

I hope you fix this stuff guys. I'll forever support this game series and you already have my money come February 17, but give us what we want for crying out loud! I know you guys can do it.
I feel strongly that the ODST cool down time needs to be decreased and the MAC blast needs to be improved the MAC blast right now shouldn't even be called a MAC blast with how weak it is the MAC blast is supposed to be powerful and everyone knows this.
I feel like the ODST cooldown is perfectly fine, because if you use a the special ability it can decimate building, so having a large amount of ODST could kill a base really fast
Then just make ODST's the way they were on Halo Wars 1 I liked the multiple ODST's a lot better.
I personally like having the marines and ODST seperate, since Captain Cutter is supposed to be mobile and raid, thats exactly what the ODST are, run by an enemies base, click the Y button, and run away and take out chunks of their health, especially good at taking out mini-bases, I don't know about other people, but I like the idea of raiding and ODST support the playstyle
I meant the way that they were before but doesn't have to replace marines.
I just hate the cool down time and a lot of people agree with me.
I know that because I have read over 300 comments on the UNSC thread.
I think the command points are great. You guys need to think: you only sit and read them because you are new to the game. Once you have a handle on what each one does, it's just a matter of picking the right tools you need to assist you in beating your opponent's army to a pulp. I do this on the fly in almost every game I play now.

I can agree with slight nerf needed for hellbringers. I can also see nerf for snipers, because of how they fire, recloak, fire, recloak, etc and units have a horrible time targetting them and staying targetted because of the recloak. I've struggled to kill a sniper that was literally surrounded by a horde of marines and flamethrowers because they target him for only a second until he recloaks, then they all just idle and take too much time to react to him when he fires and uncloaks again.

ALL units in the game need to have their pop cost reduced by 1, or increase the default unit cap to 80 instead of 60. Armies are far too small in the beta.

Jack rabbits suck. Replace them with a mongoose that totes weapon wielding marine on the back. Make it comparable to brute chopper. UNSC has no response to choppers in the first 3-4 minutes of the game.
So the beta is gone? Didn't get to try it and probably won't since it costs 90 dollar for the full game.
One problem I have with the game, and mainly my only problem, is troop balancing.
A few unit types eg the vulture, are starting to become very irritating to fight against. I feel even with a whole team of wolverines I could not take down a full out spam of these troops. I know they are an uber unit but I feel they air fairly unbalanced

I still plan on pre ordering the ultimate edition.
So the beta is gone? Didn't get to try it and probably won't since it costs 90 dollar for the full game.
Where have you been? Go down load it, it lasts til wendsdeay
Personally I think the UNSC is overpowered in comparison to the banished. considering the max unit cap is now the same this shouldn't be the case the whole reason the covenant units where weaker in halo wars 1, when in a 1v1 to UNSC is because of the population limit. Plus me and my buddy believe the already ranked up commander powered units such as the Cyclops drop is ridiculously overpowered when used on mass against normally trained units. I myself had a match not less than an hour ago where my opponent consistently called these units in which turned most of my army into scrap, what was left of that army was infantry which was almost immediately killed upon spawn thanks to the slightly overpowered snipers (range and power needs a little decrease). My army was fully upgraded and I was spending the commander points as soon as I got them but I was still destroyed rather quickly when I should've lasted longer. Also the lack of anti vehicle for the UNSC is really an issue, I'm sure the cobra will return as a leader specific vehicle but the Cyclops and tanks aren't really a suitable replacements. This bit is just about the general game rather than the UNSC faction but I feel as though it should be more obvious that you've purchased and upgrade as well as being told that there's a all units button because me and my buddy only found out that its there yesterday Sunday 19th. I'm not hating this game/beta because I really love this so far its a sequel I'm so far not disappointed by it, it's just these few issues that stop me from fully loving and embracing this as my favourite strategy game ever which is still Halo wars. I wish you guys at 343 good luck with this sequel and I look forward to February 21
First I need to say that you guys are doing a excelent work.
And now... my opinions
1.- The commander tech tree is just perfect... it make the strategy more complex.
2.- The infantry units needs to be balanced, the Brutes Ones has much more healt.... Marines has less.
3.- Mac Canion is a defensive weapon at level 1 needs to do more damage to infrantry units and less damage to structures... when the mac canion its upgraded to level 2 or 3 needs to do more damage to vehicles and structures the ratio of the explotion it's ok in all levels
4.- Need to implement some kind of punishments to quiters... or rage quiters
5.- Do more 3vs3 Multiplayer Maps... In Halo wars 1 3vs3 maps were the most popular maps played
6.- Collecting suplies from the ground by marines need to be faster.
7.- Let Units Like Warthog and explorers to collect suplies boxes...
8.- Let all kind of infantry units to collect suplies boxes and take control of energy reactors
9.- flamethrowers needs to do less damage to buildings
10.- I agree with this comments (Unit population number has gone up, but the number of units you can spawn seems to have decreased)
11.- I agree with this comment (Hunter and Locust beams look silly and non-threatening)
12.- Wolverines are weak.... against voltures and banshees
Keep the good work on this...
Sorry English is not my main lenguage... I did my best....
Vultures too early and too powerful, please nerf them and banished anti-air.
Sometimes when I play a match the game would start so you would see the timer start but on screen it would say waiting for players and you can see your teammate start playing. Fix bug please
So i previously said i loved snipers, which is still true, but ive realized a few things. They are a bit too strong, a slight nerf against infantry should put them on about the same level as jackals in the original. Also, they should be able to shoot anything, not just infantry. They dont necessarily need to KILL everything, but should at least take a shot. And the recloak delay should be a bit longer than it is to give a chance to target them (saying this as someone who uses them).

There is also a serious problem that almost ruined the original that is already starting to show its ugly head in the beta. That is of course quitting. Quitting because you have to go to work and the game is lasting awhile is one thing, but quitting because you start to lose or dont like the players oyure against or the leaders is bad. There needs to be something in place to prevent people from saying "-Yoink- it im losing ill just quit and try again since theres no penalty". This is the most important thing to be aware of as far as im concerned

EDIT: I realize the UNSC needs a building killer to replace the new cyclops but i really dont think it should be the flamethrower, that thing does way too much damage to metal and concrete buildings
This is in-depth point by point breakdown of pro and cons. To see summarized version, read bottom paragraph.
  • Pro and con: I like the customization of the commander abilities, but the uniqueness of the commanders have disappeared. The commander ability selections need to be edited. (Most are similar and their special abilities aren't that special. Make commanders more unique!)
  • Con: The mac blast losing its multi shot ability is a loss since you can spread out the damage or focus it at your choosing.
  • Con: The ODSTs are pathetic now since you can't drop multiple units to spread the love. (You can do other commander drop abilities, but the ODSTs are the special ability, and they aren't special.)
  • Pro: The pelican missile sweep ability is awesome! Massive damage, multiple units, and chaotic war!
  • Con: Level 1 commander abilities are just to get to level 2. Put heal regeneration on level 1 or something good.
  • Con: Only 1 Spartan.
  • Con: Brute hero is gone, but you do get a filler tough brute. (Massive difference from Halo Wars which was such a fun feature that gave a different feel to the game.)
  • Con: No more energy shield for bases.
  • Con: Little upgrades are gone that made huge difference for those who actually upgrade such as: All the hornet upgrades, vulture upgrade, medic upgrade, hog upgrades, and others. (I know there is a upgrade that does all air, vehicle, or infantry; but you don't get the unique differences and customization.)
  • Pro: Reactor now collects power points instead of giving 1 point. (Better game feel to resources and losing a reactor isn't a game ender.)
  • Con: Bases seem to be more difficult in telling which collectors have been upgraded. (For some reason the new collectors make you keep checking if you have upgraded them where the Halo Wars versions were more defined.)
  • Con: No loading screen which makes it look like game is freezing. (Cases of this on youtube as well.)
  • Con: Loading a game usually takes forever even when all players are ready.
  • Con: Putting domination as the only option for the beginning of the beta... (Not a good test mode since you are rushing more than upgrading and testing stuff out.)
  • Con: The Y special attacks seem undefined in most units since upgrades are now gone. The special attacks being recharged and ready don't seem to alert you to the fact as well as Halo Wars
  • Con: When selecting a commander, the 3 second game start comes out of nowhere and gives little time. (Maybe at least a 5 second counter. Cases of this on youtube as well.)
  • Pro: New point system for tech advancement with starting base. (Separated the power points and advancement points.)
  • Con: Rarely happened, but AI sometimes goes stupid. I was trying to attack with a unit and it would walk close to target and then away from target, it kept repeating this process. I also had units attacking but one that would walk behind other units back and forth instead of going to the left of the other units so it was in attacking range.
  • Con: Controls didn't feel as smooth as Halo Wars. (Analog controls sometimes were difficult to select the correct unit to build. Also when selecting a building that can build units, the controls are slow compared to Halo Wars in the cursor coming up to selecting units.)
  • Con: When attacking a players main base, the health bar looked empty from the start of the attack to the bases destruction. (This made it hard to time commander abilities. It also made it tough when telling when you should retreat or stay to fight.)
  • Con: Units and bases seem way too tough even when your units are maxed out. (Bases take a beating and still stand, units are the same, and the heroes are ridiculously tough. Put a hero in a tower and it isn't moving without a massive strike.)
  • Con: Need to be able to research an additional unit max capacity. (If you advertise for massive warfare, then I'm going to want it.)
  • Con: When a game is finished, show more of a breakdown of what when down along with the ability to view the map. (Example: How many units killed, how many units lost, how many bases killed, how many bases lost, resources gained, power points gained, max bases attained, max advancement points achieved, resources donated, resources received, power points gained, power points received, how many researches completed, assist unit kills, assist bases destroyed, etc.
  • Pro: Commander points are awesome! (Again customization.)
I know this is the beta and hopefully things will improve; overall the game is good and has so much potential, but is lacking. Personally I was a huge fan of Halo Wars and it was one of my favorite games that I played constantly, but this game may not even make my purchase list as is; you can bet that I will be watching for the hope I'm holding on to though. Covenant and UNSC units are so similar compared to Halo Wars where the Covenant gave such a different game feel compared to the UNSC. Gameplay feel is ok, but isn't up to speed with Halo Wars. Unit customization is lacking. Heroes aren't as exciting. Building upgraded designs don't stand out to unupgraded buildings. Missing loading screen. Loading game sometimes takes awhile even if all players are locked in. Commanders aren't that unique.

Halo Wars 2 is split. In that I mean that is is better than Halo Wars in some ways but in others it is lacking. Hopefully beta version is a lacking version compared to the final result. I'm still a fan since the final result is what I really care about!
It's not gone till the 22nd
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. ...
  9. 23