Controls / Camera
- If it is too hard for you guys to change it, as an option please put the original layout in, a lot of the halo wars players are generals which means hundreds if not thousands of hours of gameplay is hard to adjust- I also like how you guys are aiming to put more complex systems in halo wars 2 however, it is these complex systems that drove people away from playing other rts games on xbox.
Everyone I know loved the simplicity of the game so I find that these added extras (hero powers) are giving me a bit too much choice and a bit too much of an steep learning curve which leads to frustration
- A great thing that I learned in sales that could be applicable here, is that a customer will be more satisfied with choice between 3 or 4 products than a choice between 20, as it makes them less certain which runs similarities here.
(If i offered vanilla, chocolate or strawberry ice cream it would be an easy choice) (If i offered chocolate, chocolate chip, chocolate mint, dark chocolate, triple chocolate, vanilla, vanilla with honey, vanilla with macademia nuts, peanut butter and chocolate, caramel, caramel with choc chips, strawberry, rainbow and white chocolate ice cream, it is too hard to decide so you pick whatever, feel less satisfied and feel uncertain whether you picked the right ice cream)
- Agree 100% that leaders for the convenant need to be overpowered. When you saw a fully fitted brute chieftan come to your base, you used to have a panic attack, now I see it and laugh when one of my flamer units almost take it out completely
- Spartans need to be more than 1, having flexibility between not having to stick with one spartan was great so 3 was the perfect number, would not recommend doing more than 3
- veteran system for units, I still have no idea how this is calculated or how they gain points, also am not sure whether you need to purchase the veteran system from power units, regardless they take too long to upgrade in rank, and there feels like there is less reward when they gain levels.
- Simpler leader powers, again the core community of halo wars loved having one special ability and one unit, now there is over 20 powers to purchase which leaves me not caring which one to upgrade because i don't have time
- Please just scrap the up 15% , up 30% and up 45% upgrades you put on for the upgrade. I would find it more useful if the veteran system was made easy and the units earn this but at the moment it looks so overpowered , if you look back to halo wars 1 people didn't really those upgrades and instead just had unit specific upgrades which i think most people have touched on
- I love the change with resources I think it is a great concept and a nice step up from the old platform just thought i would start with that
- The economy however generates way too quickly and makes it hard for core gamers like me to create a strategy that will allow me to alter resource collection. In rts games it is all about keeping your opponent occupied and cutting off resources, with resources generating so quickly it makes rushing completely pointless and sorry but if you can't defend a rush you are a noob because it is part of all rts games.
- Whilst I do like the resource updates, I would like to revert back to an item allowing for tech upgrades, right now when I go to attack a base I see no reason to attack anything other than the main building which leads me to my next point.
- The buildings are way too strong, when I attack a base with a full scale, fully upgraded vultures and they don't even take down more than one turrent there is a problem. Please make the buildings weaker because it feels very unfufilling to try and destroy a base or annoy an enemy when it takes so long to repair
- on that note please remove the turrets, if they are specific to this game type, that is something i can live with but in a deathmatch and everyone starts with 4 turrents, then it will become boring because it will be all late game combat, and people like myself need to be distracting the enemy during midgame.
- Just make it easier for us to tell team mates apart I don't know who is who, maybe add a colour tab or preferred colour in loading menu
- Make buildings easier and more distinct to point out so i can tell the difference between a garage and a barracks, very hard to identify at the moment
Emphasis on simpler gameplay PLEASE
To put it into perspective, I have work 8 hours a day and sleep 8 hours a day -> leaves me 8 hours for everything else. then add on it takes me 1 hour there and back to get home plus getting changed. This leaves me with 6 hours of my day to play. Then I have to cook dinner and clean the dishes and other duties lets say that takes another hour off. So right now if I spent all my time playing halo wars I have 5 hours to play.
Base it that deathmatch games take 30 mins each I have 10 games a day. Now with all the powers everything that I need to learn and be able to adapt to, it is all just too much for me to spend my time on, when I can pop in an FPS game and understand the full mechanics in under 30 mins. I
have played about 8 hours of halo wars 2 so far and still do not understand which units are powerful, which upgrades are the best etc etc. so please make it a little bit simple, I know a lot of hard work goes into this, but as most people are saying this does not feel like halo wars because there are too many unneeded updates