Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

My frustration with HW2 and the lack of support.

OP DCXDB5

HW2 is a game that I loved dearly, my friends and I began playing it a ton, especially back in June and July, but unfortunately I was hit with a bug that affected my in-game stats, changing my time played to like 9 hours, making my favorite leader disappear, locking up the last few cutscenes in theater, etc. Not a big deal for some sure, but I have a ton of OCD when it comes to this stuff and it really prevents me from playing the game in fear that I'll make it somehow worse. I reached out to support back on July 6th and got a response from them saying they were looking into it on July 17th, til this day I haven't gotten any new responses from the "Support" team, and still suffer from this bug. Nearly 2 months since their last response and complete silence since then. It's frustrating not being able to get support on a game that I spent a lot of money on, buying every single DLC that isn't blitz packs. I doubt many will read this, but I just thought I'd share my story on why I stopped playing, and maybe other could relate and share their stories as well.
You hardly play the game lol
You...do realize that they have most of their focus on Infinite, right? Like, they can't just split off a group right now to go fix every single issue with every single game. Hell, they're trying to update MCC when they can and it's still pretty buggy, but I appreciate their efforts.

Now a few devs have managed to do some patches, which is great, but I doubt they can set aside a lot of time to figure out what your issues are until they know that Infinite is ready to launch.

Have some patience.
I recently submitted a ticket with Support due to some bug with my stats as well, lets see how long they take to solve the issue.
You...do realize that they have most of their focus on Infinite, right? Like, they can't just split off a group right now to go fix every single issue with every single game. Hell, they're trying to update MCC when they can and it's still pretty buggy, but I appreciate their efforts.

Now a few devs have managed to do some patches, which is great, but I doubt they can set aside a lot of time to figure out what your issues are until they know that Infinite is ready to launch.

Have some patience.
I understand this, but the fact that bugs from back in 2017 were never fixed and still affect us to this day is just frustrating. It's even worse when the support site offers support for the game, but when you submit a ticket you'll get nothing in return. Like I said, I submitted a ticket over 2 months ago and have only gotten your ordinary "we're looking into your issue", I've waited 2 months to post this because I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt because of everything happening right now, but I would at least like some reassurance that they still see my ticket. I paid full price for the game and DLC, I would at least like a little more transparency with the support team.
I bought the game at launch, but admittedly didn't play much outside the campaign until my friends finally picked it up on sale a few months ago, this was when I started really playing the game, but I got hit with the bug very soon after.
I recently submitted a ticket with Support due to some bug with my stats as well, lets see how long they take to solve the issue.
Same bug or different one?
different, my service record does not reflect my highest rank achieved. Could be just a matter of time since it needs to update yet that was sunday night when I passed my previous highest rank and still does not show on my stats
when you move up in rank past your previously highest achieved rank (if your plat hit diamond etc.) it should update your service record correctly. Ive had the same problem and eventually it will reflect correctly if you rank up (ranking down will basically always cause this effect in my experience but will auto fix if you ignore it)
DCXDB5 wrote:
I bought the game at launch, but admittedly didn't play much outside the campaign until my friends finally picked it up on sale a few months ago, this was when I started really playing the game, but I got hit with the bug very soon after.
learns 1s and 2s i am a top player kinda we need new players