Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

My idea to buff banished raid and advance cloaking

OP YellowMallard73

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
What I am about to say will sound crazy but what if when you play as shipmaster and you spend 5 leader points on maxing out advanced cloaking and banished raid all you units will be permanently cloaked this will make mass cloaking useless to an extent but I want to know what all of you think about this idea
That would require every single army mix to deploy detect units which would take up space for other units. Plus from just a canon standpoint there have not been any cases of the Banished or the Covenant before them deploying something on the ground that can mass-cloak entire armies on the move.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
That would require every single army mix to deploy detect units which would take up space for other units. Plus from just a canon standpoint there have not been any cases of the Banished or the Covenant before them deploying something on the ground that can mass-cloak entire armies on the move.
What if it didn’t applie to air and some vehicles . This is just an idea
Ado Ulamee wrote:
What if it didn’t applie to air and some vehicles . This is just an idea
I don't know, would personally find it fun as a skull ability for multiplayer. Or custom terminus firefight.
Well banished raid is fairly useless and advanced cloaking isn’t good ether
i thought it would be cool if you upgraded advanced cloaking, newly spawned units are cloaked for a limited time, similiar to blitz card units that spawn cloaked for a limited time.
i thought it would be cool if you upgraded advanced cloaking, newly spawned units are cloaked for a limited time, similiar to blitz card units that spawn cloaked for a limited time.
If it was for 5 minuets then yeah as aa, upgraded scouts, elite rangers, snipers, support units and watch senser towers can detect cloak
I have found them to be rather useful at times. Just the first ability allows you to see farther. Works quite well with a second upgrade honor guard for scouting. Tier 2 allows my ghosts to rapidly (re)capture nodes after the enemy goes for them. Cloaking has helped me with allowing my army to more easily teleport past the large clashes my allies and enemies to go right for a base attack.

Plus the shroud's larger area upgraded helps with keeping them safe.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
I have found them to be rather useful at times. Just the first ability allows you to see farther. Works quite well with a second upgrade honor guard for scouting. Tier 2 allows my ghosts to rapidly (re)capture nodes after the enemy goes for them. Cloaking has helped me with allowing my army to more easily teleport past the large clashes my allies and enemies to go right for a base attack.

True it can be useful but shrouds in my opinion are trash when I could use more banshees or engineers and mass cloaking is ok , and banished raid isn’t worth it in my opinion as teleport , extraction and spirt support are much better options in my opinion
Ado Ulamee wrote:

True it can be useful but shrouds in my opinion are trash when I could use more banshees or engineers and mass cloaking is ok , and banished raid isn’t worth it in my opinion as teleport , extraction and spirt support are much better options in my opinion
Shrouds are insanely good, They stop heavy projectiles and Artillery and can cloak your army.
Engineers can delay your armies death with the Shield and allow you to tank the Arty, but why tank it when you can just eat the projectiles with no issues?
Ado Ulamee wrote:

Shrouds are insanely good, They stop heavy projectiles and Artillery and can cloak your army.
Engineers can delay your armies death with the Shield and allow you to tank the Arty, but why tank it when you can just eat the projectiles with no issues?
Extraction if my units are low on health I will use extraction or sit still and scout the enemy with a banshee as I he up then teleport to the enemy base really I don’t use shrouds as the extra firepower Is very important as I want to get in and out quickly and also need to cover my weaknesses
Ado Ulamee wrote:

I now understand what you mean about shrouds being incredibly useful
This is cool, but with the buff to shrouds coming to shipmaster, you can already continuously cloak your entire army ball with only 2 shrouds taking turns.
Ado Ulamee wrote:

I now understand what you mean about shrouds being incredibly useful
Did you try em out? I'm glad someone else finally realizes that their pretty good lol
How about giving Let a special Scarab? Instead of a shield, how about a cloak field around it?
How about giving Let a special Scarab? Instead of a shield, how about a cloak field around it?
Bit pointless since you can do the same thing with a shroud.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
You can, but if you have both, it would be harder to eliminate you cloak providers.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
You can, but if you have both, it would be harder to eliminate you cloak providers.
Not really, they can just move their anti-air closer to wipe out the shrouds and reveal everyone's favorite digger.
I approve these ideas, 343 please give Shippy perma cloak or cloak to Scarab.
LUCIANHEAT wrote:
I approve these ideas, 343 please give Shippy perma cloak or cloak to Scarab.
But it would be to easy to detect
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2