Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

My idea to buff banished raid and advance cloaking

OP YellowMallard73

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Ok give him some kind of buff then lol, he sucks atm to be honest.
LUCIANHEAT wrote:
That vehicle should kind of suck on its own. It's not meant to go on its own and wipe out a whole base. They were not capable of that in the first gamer either. They are meant to act as heavy support to your armies. Thus why condors and scarabs always get destroyed rather easily when sent in solo.
LUCIANHEAT wrote:
There are better options than shipmaster but it’s fun destroying enemy bases quickly then getting back on you side on defense instantly unless your game is lagging
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Well banished raid is fairly useless and advanced cloaking isn’t good ether
I have found them to be rather useful at times. Just the first ability allows you to see farther. Works quite well with a second upgrade honor guard for scouting. Tier 2 allows my ghosts to rapidly (re)capture nodes after the enemy goes for them. Cloaking has helped me with allowing my army to more easily teleport past the large clashes my allies and enemies to go right for a base attack.

Plus the shroud's larger area upgraded helps with keeping them safe.
True it can be useful but shrouds in my opinion are trash when I could use more banshees or engineers and mass cloaking is ok , and banished raid isn’t worth it in my opinion as teleport , extraction and spirt support are much better options in my opinion
As a shipmaster main I can assure you that if you aren't mixing a lot of shrouds into your army whenever possible you are doing it wrong. Especially air armies. Shippy doesn't have great banshees, but he does have excellent and cheap shrouds to make the banshees much harder to kill.

Banished raid being 3 points does hurt and I would like it reduced to 2, but it can make for some interesting gameplay if you go for it and have the incredibly fast marauders. It typically go this route if I am deliberately pairing banished raid 3 with the advanced cloak so the marauders can cloak.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Well banished raid is fairly useless and advanced cloaking isn’t good ether
I have found them to be rather useful at times. Just the first ability allows you to see farther. Works quite well with a second upgrade honor guard for scouting. Tier 2 allows my ghosts to rapidly (re)capture nodes after the enemy goes for them. Cloaking has helped me with allowing my army to more easily teleport past the large clashes my allies and enemies to go right for a base attack.

Plus the shroud's larger area upgraded helps with keeping them safe.
True it can be useful but shrouds in my opinion are trash when I could use more banshees or engineers and mass cloaking is ok , and banished raid isn’t worth it in my opinion as teleport , extraction and spirt support are much better options in my opinion
As a shipmaster main I can assure you that if you aren't mixing a lot of shrouds into your army whenever possible you are doing it wrong. Especially air armies. Shippy doesn't have great banshees, but he does have excellent and cheap shrouds to make the banshees much harder to kill.

Banished raid being 3 points does hurt and I would like it reduced to 2, but it can make for some interesting gameplay if you go for it and have the incredibly fast marauders. It typically go this route if I am deliberately pairing banished raid 3 with the advanced cloak so the marauders can cloak.
Thats why I get some locusts and a bunch of banshee and try to destroy the enemy base as fast as possible
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2