1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
So I was playing with Jerome against that newest leader whatever his name is and I literally controlled every power node and mini base on the map. I also had 3 big bases and later 4 to their 1 and had all my units fully upgraded and still could not build as fast as he was or kill that stupid spider because of all the shields, and health he has for leader powers. Not to mention crazy strong lasers coming from the sky that would kill my whole army. Now they did an update that I haft to spend over a thousand supplies and 800 power just to build a turret. Marines and my rabbits are nothing to ghost or any of the tech1 crap they give all these leaders. Its absoulutly ridiculous and I will never by another halo game again this game is broken and ruined halo,
Hey, some games just aren't meant to be played by certain people. Halo Wars 2 (I assume you're talking about because you never specified) seems to be one of those games to you. I'm sure it'll miss you when you quit.
While Scarabs are much better then they use to be, I'm still happier to see my opponent with one then my teammate.
Are you talking about Pav? His T1 is pretty vulnerable, and burnout is good but not "I'm beating you on 1 base while you're on 4" good.
Well like I said it's not that the scarab was unbeatable he would have 2 at a time with anti air, but every time I would go in with a full army and never could kill both. All my units were fully upgraded and I was countering his army with tanks and ground units. Its not the first time I ran into this problem and I playing Halo Wars for over a year and Onyx ranked so im far from a rookie. It's just a bs glitch in the game and it was the leader and his capabilities not the player.
Afro Thuda - Nice input but halo has gone down hill and so has xbox they should be concerned when I life long fan turns their back on it
The Mantee - Not sure his name he looks like a monkey with a helmet on very last leader in the selection
Jerome is very strong in tech 1 and it seems like you didn't put any pressure on him at all which enabled him to have spiders and lasers and whatever else he had. If you apply pressure, he is obliged to build turrets and units to try to stop your early push which prevents him from getting his cute super units and such and such. Going marines plus Jerome and applying the pressure early is probably almost always a good idea as Jerome. Also wolverines or CT marines help eliminate the engineers that are healing the scarab.
Spiders and lasers😂

the last leader is Voridus the Goo god, but lasets from the sky sounds like Paviums rain of fire. By the sounds of it you applied no pressure and both went into tech 3 armies. You aint going to kill 2 scarabs under a shield by just sending units im. Especially a pavium base with his late game leader powers.

Voridus scarabs are also really strong and spread goo for cataclysm and his heal ability.

You should have takem siege on all bases closest to him to break the shield and kept poking the mantis in for vision. Then send your troops in lure the leader powers, back out, ignore the scarabs and kill the base.
While going back to what I said I had plenty of pressure he wasnt able to expand pass one base, get a power node, or mini base, I controled the whole map. I should of been able to build atleast 4 or 5x faster but still could not destroy his base. Im far from a rookie like I said Im Onyx ranked and my opponent was out maned, he just had a leader with crazy powers. I guess pay to win.
While going back to what I said I had plenty of pressure he wasnt able to expand pass one base, get a power node, or mini base, I controled the whole map. I should of been able to build atleast 4 or 5x faster but still could not destroy his base. Im far from a rookie like I said Im Onyx ranked and my opponent was out maned, he just had a leader with crazy powers. I guess pay to win.
No it's not pay to win; he is not the best leader at the moment. When I say pressure him, before you go hang out and capture every single node and chill, you need to be at his base early. Around 4 minutes you will punish anybody who is trying to tech up into spiders and pavium and such. His 6 oclock leader power has a nice load time that let's you know it's about to activate so it's genuinely easy to walk out of it. At 4 minutes he won't have that and he won't have his shield up yet; so if all he has is that pavium you will destroy him with an army of marines and Jerome. Rank sometimes doesn't add much value as there are many champs who are pure rookies. If you want I could help you out and show you myself how to handle anybody that tries to tech up without building tech 1 units.
So I was playing with Jerome against that newest leader whatever his name is and I literally controlled every power node and mini base on the map. I also had 3 big bases and later 4 to their 1 and had all my units fully upgraded and still could not build as fast as he was or kill that stupid spider because of all the shields, and health he has for leader powers. Not to mention crazy strong lasers coming from the sky that would kill my whole army. Now they did an update that I haft to spend over a thousand supplies and 800 power just to build a turret. Marines and my rabbits are nothing to ghost or any of the tech1 crap they give all these leaders. Its absoulutly ridiculous and I will never by another halo game again this game is broken and ruined halo,
I know right???? Like where even is the battle bus I couldn't find it?? and how do I do my backpack kid emote its so stupid and broken I can't even do it. Boycott Halo game until they fix it and also add more RNGs so I can beat experienced vets with no practice.
How is it pay to win? You were literally using a DLC leader which is the same price as his...

You aren't taking any advice into consideration here. I'm not sure what you were expecting. Good players are telling you that you can't let a Pavium build up and you aren't approaching this with a genuine desire for advice. You just wanted to be told that yes the system is broken and it's not your fault.

He is weakest early, and you were using a very strong early game leader which honestly, Pavium really struggles to counter early game. You're Onyx rank and that's great, but maybe you'd be champ if you took some advice and didn't blame your losses on the overused "pay to win" argument.

This is usually what happens when you overextend against a "spider" that's under a shield generator anyway

Viper Skills - You seem to be taking a lot of personal shots bud when obviously you have not read the post. Everyone keeps saying put pressure on and dont let him build how many times do I got to say he had nothing but 1 base? How can he reach tech 3 with no power nodes or mini bases? Also its pay to win because I never bought a DLC character perhaps it came with the bundle edition or whatever but I never paid a penny for anything other than that, and I still have players locked in my leader selection. Apparently instead of all you guys realizing that the game is unbalanced you would rather take shots on me because I dont have all your nerdy lingo on what the stupid names are to the characters and what kind of god they are I could care less. I dont need to know the name of each leader to see that the powers are unbalanced or be good at it. I mean take yap yap for instance even though he is weak he can still take control of the map almost instantly without spending barley anything making it next to impossible for you to do anything. Even though the units are very weak they are free and absorb lots of damage.
Viper Skills - You seem to be taking a lot of personal shots bud when obviously you have not read the post. Everyone keeps saying put pressure on and dont let him build how many times do I got to say he had nothing but 1 base? How can he reach tech 3 with no power nodes or mini bases? Also its pay to win because I never bought a DLC character perhaps it came with the bundle edition or whatever but I never paid a penny for anything other than that, and I still have players locked in my leader selection. Apparently instead of all you guys realizing that the game is unbalanced you would rather take shots on me because I dont have all your nerdy lingo on what the stupid names are to the characters and what kind of god they are I could care less. I dont need to know the name of each leader to see that the powers are unbalanced or be good at it. I mean take yap yap for instance even though he is weak he can still take control of the map almost instantly without spending barley anything making it next to impossible for you to do anything. Even though the units are very weak they are free and absorb lots of damage.
It seems that you are the one taking personal shots now.

That said, the advice that had been shared in this thread is more than enough to help you defeat the next Pavium who plays you. Hopefully you can take that into consideration rather than complaining about balance.
Commander Jerome is a Paid DLC leader. Maybe you downloaded it from the season pass. Idk.

If you asked people who the top leaders in 1v1 are right now, most people would say Anders, Forge, Shipmaster, and Atriox, all of whom are either included with the base game or free downloads. This game is not pay to win, but buying the expansions allows you to get more out of the game with different leaders and different play styles. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Its already been beat to death that if you were up 3 bases to 1 but didn't push the pavium until the late game, that you are entirely at fault. He has a very nuanced kit that leaves him very open to early game attacks because of his weak T1 leader and no offensive leader powers. If you are complaining about the "beams from the sky", rain of fire has the weakest DPS of any 6 o'clock leader power in the game and if you got caught somewhere, it means that you were not practicing good micro management or good unit positioning.

I agree with viper 100%. you don't want help with the game, you just want someone to validate you and tell you that the game is out to get you. I know you wont listen but I seriously recommend looking at your play style and honestly thinking if there are things you could be doing better. There are plenty of people and resources out there to help you if you actually want it. But if you are going to continue to just complain, then all I can really tell you is "Grow Up".
Not only did I read your post, but I read every other post in the thread as well. That's how I knew people (some of whom can go toe-to-toe with the best players in the world) were offering you sound advice which you proceeded to ignore.

How can Pavium get to tech 3 on one base with no nodes? It's simple: you gave him the time to do that. I mean, with his Burnout ability it's not unimaginable at all, but that's why you hit him hard before that even matters. Your units as Jerome are literally 12% better than anyone else's in the entire game and having one of if not the best hero unit in the game.

It sounds to me like you lost fair and square. Pay to win isn't relevant because you have Commander Jerome, which means you either bought him as a standalone leader or through the Season Pass, which means you spent more money than you had to on the base game.

See your most recent game?

Right here you beat an Anders as Commander Jerome. Does that Anders player have the right to come here to the forums and complain about HW2 being pay to win? I mean that player was using a default leader after all. You were using a DLC leader.

Like I said, some of the best players in the game have given you solid advice. Don't believe me? Look at all of their profiles and check out their ranks. They've all proven themselves and are active members of the community. I'd offer advice of my own but there's nothing I could add that they haven't already touched on.
Well excuse me I didn't realize everyone I was talking to on here was a Halo Wars 2 champion, and if you would have read my thread then you would of realized that there was pressure on him from the very beginning. Plus whatever the leader name is he was playing with is still locked on my selection so he was not a default leader, and he is virtually unbeatable. Like I said if my units are 12% better and I control the whole map and I am putting out 10x more supplies and power than my opponent how was it I could not destroy his base? Um let me think because of all the shields and healing regenerating that that leader has. I'm not one to complain but that game so ridiculous I had to say something about it. So lets just say you are right that he was tech 3 but so was all my units and I came at with every combination you could think of and still could not defeat his spider or kill his base, now where is the balance in that? I outplayed the person in every way but somehow they had an indestructible base and "spider" and when I did kill one they were able to build up just as fast as I could send them with maybe 3 supply pads against my 20.
By the way everyone on here who talk crap about how im not a good player etc you negating from the facts and assuming I dont know how to play this game, so I challenge anyone of you to play me. Send me an invite DieHardAsItGets
Just curious, how did you lose this game? Did they push out and destroy your bases, or did you get frustrated and quit out?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2