Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

Nerf the scarab

OP McGruder

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
IMO there is no reason for someone to be able to have a unit(s) this powerful. If the game goes into OT and both parties do 3 ultimate weapons then the scarab wins every time hands down against condor. There should be some type of balancing to it. I played a game last evening that lasted about 45 min till I just got so tired of the game going no where do I threw in the towel. The dude had two scarabs with all healers against my artillary and it was a game in his favor the whole time. I then pumped out a couple of condors which I never do because I think the ultimate weapons are cheap and a couple of healers and he smoked me. Just my thoughts but playing guys that go for the ultimate weapons doesn’t encourage the point of the game.
just my thoughts
Bruh, ultimate units are among the weakest things in the game. They lose to just about everything.

Mass T2 vehicles, mass air, or simple counter units beat them rather easily.

Condors are okay because they have decent range, but Scarabs are just downright awful. I can't think of a single situation where I could build one. If anything, the scarab could be buffed.

Fun fact: the other night, my friends and I killed a scarab with three heroes (Arby, Douglas, and Johnson). If I could figure out how to share clips from my Xbox, I would post it here.

EDIT: figured it out.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Sad%20Joker95/video/41518537

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Sad%20Joker95/video/41518624
Scarabs are slow and only deal single target dmg, save the rockets so they are vulnerable to air and pretty much all LPs.

Condors are not meant to fight in the front row but in the back out of range from the enemy units since they have that range to utilize.

If you have an enemy that literally went all scarabs + healers just go mass air and go for his bases since he wont be able to defend all with just 2 scarabs.
McGruder wrote:
IMO there is no reason for someone to be able to have a unit(s) this powerful. If the game goes into OT and both parties do 3 ultimate weapons then the scarab wins every time hands down against condor. There should be some type of balancing to it. I played a game last evening that lasted about 45 min till I just got so tired of the game going no where do I threw in the towel. The dude had two scarabs with all healers against my artillary and it was a game in his favor the whole time. I then pumped out a couple of condors which I never do because I think the ultimate weapons are cheap and a couple of healers and he smoked me. Just my thoughts but playing guys that go for the ultimate weapons doesn’t encourage the point of the game.
just my thoughts
More the opposite. Those Scarabs can be pretty slow. I've seen games where teams had 9 scarabs and they all went down pretty quickly, the opposing team had maybe 1-2 condors with cloaks and yet the Scarabs lost. It's all about the strategy. If they have nothing but healers then maybe use a bunch of anti-air, attack from multiply sides because the scarab is extremely slow to maneuver while firing from multiply directions, this will mean the person controlling the scarab can only aim in 1 direction at a time. If you're worried about condor losing then having a few anti-airs sneak up behind the scarab, in front and use some 'canon' fodder units to scout the scarab so you can sneak the condor behind them without them noticing it, then keep circling them. From my experience it's best to not use nothing but the same units. Making ultimate units is too costly, risky while a coordinated mixed set of armies can confuse, defeat the scarabs easily. The only time I'll build mass units of the same type is when I need cheap units like grunts but generally it's best to have mixed sets of units to help counter others.
McGruder wrote:
just my thoughts
Scarabs are beat by everything besides core infantry and they still red by them. Scarabs are not worth building unless your Voridus but very late game yaps can focus counters and scarab and it will never die with Hustle, Dome, and Please Don't Shoot Me. If they build AV, build counters and a few engineers to cut the damage. The biggest flaw is not how easy they are to beat but their mobility is trash and they walk aimless all the time, even when trying to focus fire.
Lets nerf Johnson while we're at it!
Don't joke they might do it.
#buffjohnson
Mines. Siege turrets. Air units will decimate Scarabs
Bruh, ultimate units are among the weakest things in the game. They lose to just about everything.

Mass T2 vehicles, mass air, or simple counter units beat them rather easily.

Condors are okay because they have decent range, but Scarabs are just downright awful. I can't think of a single situation where I could build one. If anything, the scarab could be buffed.

Fun fact: the other night, my friends and I killed a scarab with three heroes (Arby, Douglas, and Johnson). If I could figure out how to share clips from my Xbox, I would post it here.

EDIT: figured it out.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Sad%20Joker95/video/41518537

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Sad%20Joker95/video/41518624
A rurally scarabs aren't awful, they are okay like the condor, u just gotta get them to retreat at the right time to save their Heath. Us u actually need to use scarabs tactically in this game, u can't just charge them at the enemy and win like in the first halo wars game
This is a joke post right?
Focus on the engis, even if it means losing a bunch of anti-air. Then pump out tanks or mass air, in combination with leader powers. It takes a few encounters to learn how to counter this.
I've had a Veterancy 3 Hunter Captain solo kill a Scarab while being shot at by 2 Mega Turrets and getting hit by RoF.
If anything they need buffed, to slow and while yes very tanky need a DPS buff, I find Condors superior in every way now.
MrJG2893 wrote:
Don't joke they might do it.
#buffjohnson
300% emp mac, plasma bolt speed telegraph
The Scarab is a walking target, the Condor is way better
Scarabs should probably have a lot more health. They used to be pretty useful for breaking turtles. Marauders and locusts do a much better job now though.
I've seen Colony players use them well in super long solo matches, but, that's still a big risk and rarely works.
Scarabs should probably have a lot more health. They used to be pretty useful for breaking turtles. Marauders and locusts do a much better job now though.
I've seen Colony players use them well in super long solo matches, but, that's still a big risk and rarely works.
It's pretty great to see a Combat Repair Scarab with Skitterers refuse to die though
It's pretty great to see a Combat Repair Scarab with Skitterers refuse to die though
I love to see a scarab instantly heal with hustle.
I love seeing them get melted within 5 seconds of most encounters. so much for a 'Super' Unit
I love to see a scarab instantly heal with hustle.
Grunt Hustle Scarab's for insanely powerful suprisingly with T3 Ultra Hustle.
Yeah dude scarabs kinda suck.
First of all, condors could be seen as lesser but they are an Ariel unit with much higher speed and maneuverability. The scarab AI is trash, like have you seen one try and target a single unit? They have to twirl three times to get a locks. While condors are always shooting if they can and can cross crevices.

Tbh artillary sucks in the game. It's mainly and anti infantry things so maybe 3 wolverines and a bunch of scorpions or 20 cyclopses or any amount of hornets would counter that.

All ultimate units should be used for is a damage sponge. When you compare them to equal value of other units, they have vastly less firepower. Try 1 condor 5 nightingales and re rest hornets and you'll trash three scarabs or three condors.

Also, halo wars is a strategy game. 45 minutes is honestly nothing. It seems like a long time because 343 is pushing this to be an action rts and favors fast paced gameplay
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2