Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

Nerf the scarab

OP McGruder

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Scarabs should probably have a lot more health. They used to be pretty useful for breaking turtles. Marauders and locusts do a much better job now though.
I've seen Colony players use them well in super long solo matches, but, that's still a big risk and rarely works.
It's pretty great to see a Combat Repair Scarab with Skitterers refuse to die though
I love to see a scarab instantly heal with hustle.
Grunt Hustle Scarab's for insanely powerful suprisingly with T3 Ultra Hustle.
IKR. They are not OP but counter units, engineers, and Ultrahustle are a force you want to be prepared for.
This has to be a troll post...
When i first began this game the scarab wrecked me because i was standing in front of it... I quickly learned that if i kept my faster units undulating around the scarab, that i would wreck the scarab...

End of story.
All I have to say is stop it get some help the scarab is weak hero units out class scarabs and don’t take up any population
I mean, if we're facing scarabs off against condors, they probably roughly do the same damage,
the reason why Scarab always wins is because he has that little bit of Anti Air that goes a long way!

He already does no damage as is though dude, It's a flagship vehicle that can fall easily if you go anti vehicle, the pretty-much biggest purpose for it is the fear factor.
If someone is making a scarab, you have the right to know, do some scouting if your buddies haven't seen it coming already.

If anything, they should be buffed in my opinion, but that's just me. Trust me, you can do a lot against that thing with a few hunters in your army, and strafing!
I mean, if we're facing scarabs off against condors, they probably roughly do the same damage,
the reason why Scarab always wins is because he has that little bit of Anti Air that goes a long way!

He already does no damage as is though dude, It's a flagship vehicle that can fall easily if you go anti vehicle, the pretty-much biggest purpose for it is the fear factor.
If someone is making a scarab, you have the right to know, do some scouting if your buddies haven't seen it coming already.

If anything, they should be buffed in my opinion, but that's just me. Trust me, you can do a lot against that thing with a few hunters in your army, and strafing!
Condor does more damage and is a giant glass cannon.
Scarab has roughly 40k more health and soaks up way more hits.
Thas the main reason Condor loses.
With micro and normal games Condor is a great sniper and can kill and AA or AV with the it's Y (So fun with Jerome)
Scarab is only good with Decimus imo or Vordius
Edit: Also AV is trash, if someone is going Scarab just go air, it can't deal with air at all very well (neither can Condor)

With micro and normal games Condor is a great sniper and can kill and AA or AV with the it's Y (So fun with Jerome)
Edit: Also AV is trash, if someone is going Scarab just go air, it can't deal with air at all very well (neither can Condor)
I play at a lower level haha!
A lowest level where Anti Vehicle works (in some cases not all, a year into the game and I'm still learning XD). And hell, I like the look of the Anti-Vehicle units more than I like the air, so it's a win-win for me!

Also I didn't think Condor was a glass cannon, I just thought AA did multiplied damage to an Air unit like Condor and he had the same health as the Scarab, especially since clusters of Reavers struggle against air units with smaller health bars, losing a good 50% of their rockets on one Banshee.

Fair enough, GG!
McGruder wrote:
IMO there is no reason for someone to be able to have a unit(s) this powerful. If the game goes into OT and both parties do 3 ultimate weapons then the scarab wins every time hands down against condor. There should be some type of balancing to it. I played a game last evening that lasted about 45 min till I just got so tired of the game going no where do I threw in the towel. The dude had two scarabs with all healers against my artillary and it was a game in his favor the whole time. I then pumped out a couple of condors which I never do because I think the ultimate weapons are cheap and a couple of healers and he smoked me. Just my thoughts but playing guys that go for the ultimate weapons doesn’t encourage the point of the game.
just my thoughts
So you didn’t go all air or scout that’s on you as scarabs are awful units even when paired with engineers they are a joke

A lowest level where Anti Vehicle works (in some cases not all, a year into the game and I'm still learning XD). And hell, I like the look of the Anti-Vehicle units more than I like the air, so it's a win-win for me!

Also I didn't think Condor was a glass cannon, I just thought AA did multiplied damage to an Air unit like Condor and he had the same health as the Scarab, especially since clusters of Reavers struggle against air units with smaller health bars, losing a good 50% of their rockets on one Banshee.

Fair enough, GG!
Condor has roughly 43k HP and Scarab has 85k
I have never once heard anyone ask for the scarab to be nerfed. this is a first, honestly if your having trouble with a scrab, go air, if they have anti air go anti V, and dont forget your leader powers, dont just spam them save them for when you need them.
Scarabs should probably have a lot more health. They used to be pretty useful for breaking turtles. Marauders and locusts do a much better job now though.
I've seen Colony players use them well in super long solo matches, but, that's still a big risk and rarely works.
It's pretty great to see a Combat Repair Scarab with Skitterers refuse to die though
I love to see a scarab instantly heal with hustle.
Ive done it, it is really insane, health goes straight back to full in seconds.

Fair enough, GG!
Condor has roughly 43k HP and Scarab has 85k
Condor has 65K HP
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2