New content

OP TBE Reek

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
As with the January 29,2019 update something interesting came up and I quote from the last two paragraphs.

“One thing we have learned while working on Halo Wars 2 is that the community is full of passionate individuals who are highly competitive. Last year we saw the Halo Wars Championship League run several seasons of tournaments which were highly successful. One piece of feedback that has stuck with us was that players wanted more content for Halo Wars 2. We have heard this and Wrensi, who has been quoted many times of saying “I went to art school,” has been working on something behind the scenes for the Halo Wars 2 community. He and the team can’t wait to show off what they have been working on later this year.
If you have feedback on these changes or other things you want to see come to Halo Wars 2, please visit the forums and let us know! Thank you for playing and we look forward to more awesomeness to come this year for Halo Wars 2!”

as far as content goes id be content I’d really appreciate only a few maps like 2 or 3 and please a random map generator for customs. That would make my day.

ive made this for the community to discuss what content would be most appreciated. So 343 could get an idea of what the community wants.

Thanks 343 for the continued support of Halo wars 2
TBE Reek wrote:
as far as content goes id be content I’d really appreciate only a few maps like 2 or 3 and please a random map generator for customs. That would make my day.
100% agree. I think it would be easier to give the community the ability to make new maps instead of creating a RM generator. But who knows? we can always hope!
TBE Reek wrote:
100% agree. I think it would be easier to give the community the ability to make new maps instead of creating a RM generator. But who knows? we can always hope!
I think he's talking about having a random map generator like you have a random leader generator. Could be wrong though.
TBE Reek wrote:
I think he's talking about having a random map generator like you have a random leader generator. Could be wrong though.
Yes your right
I have compiled a short list of things that I personally would like to see in future content updates of halo wars 2. It is a pretty tall order tho. Agree or Disagree at will!
-The Prophet of Regret as a leader
-- Leader powers like Glassing beam, Teleport, Banished Raid, Extraction, Honor Guard Drop(like Decimus or omega team, dropping in one or three Honor guards respectively), A Vampire unit addition power(OR a flying scout sentinel that can attach to other units like skits), (Suggestions to add or take away from this list are highly appreciated)
-- a Prophet of regret Hero unit, keeping similar upgrades as the first game (Though I'm not sure about the third upgrade making him an air unit, in terms of balancing. Any suggestions for alternatives?)
  • "Blessed Immolation": Upgrades to fuel rod cannons for damage increase. Increase health and damage.
  • "Ancestral Perversion": Dual protector units hover near Prophet and defend him. Increase health and damage.
  • "Divine Absolution": Upgrades chair so the Prophet becomes a full-fledged air unit. Increase health and damage.
--Core infantry would be the elite version of the grunt squad
--Jackal sniper units instead of elite rangers as anti infantry
--Elite Enforcers
-Something like the Deathmatch game mode in the first game, where everything is unlocked and you have a lot of resources to start with(Yes, I know Strongholds exist but it isn't the same)
-More teams for more diverse custom games, like 2v2v2 or 4v2 or 1v1v4
-Classic Halo wars maps (Beasley's plateau, Chasms, Blood Gulch, Release, Fort Deen, Tundra, The Docks, Crevice, Pirth Outskirts, Labyrinth, Repository, Terminal Moraine, Frozen valley, Exile, Barrens, Memorial Basin, Blood River, Glacial Ravine). they could be released in map packs(similarly to leader packs) like "Harvest Map pack" or "Flood Map pack."
-Playable Flood.
-A new unsc leader that has cobras as a unique unit, maybe bring back the ODSTs from spearbreaker.
I would like master chief as a leader. It is halo after all. I would like a new faction although I know this would be very hard work but hey if they got the time I got the money to pay for the DLC. AND MAPS MAPS MAPS SNOW MAPS ALL KINDA MAPS!!
Here's my shortlist of new content I want:
1. New maps: With currently only 10 total, the maps already there get kind of old; the first game had way more than that and even just adding some remastered HW1 maps would help. I'd also like to see the return of what I call "base slot defenders" like what we had in the first game (Rebels, Flood, Sentinels) to add more variety & challenge; it's way too easy to make new bases without them.
2. New Leaders with new & old units: Let's be honest, we all want new Leaders, Units, & Powers. Heck, I myself made a [VERY] long list of Leaders I want to play as a long time ago. However given the sheer number of them already in the game (there are more Leaders than maps in the game), it would probably be best to save them for a hypothetical Halo Wars 3.
3. New Single-Player DLC: Operation: SPEARBREAKER & Awakening the Nightmare were both fun campaigns that helped extend HW2's lifespan. I for one want to see the continuing adventures of both the Spirit of Fire crew & The Banished. One idea for a campaign DLC could involve revisiting the Promethean invasion idea that preceded AtN.
4. A fix for the Saves Glitch. None of the above will matter if that accursed Saves Glitch isn't dealt with. Losing all your progress & unlockables ISN'T FUN, yet after all these years the problem still has not been dealt with. Even this latest patch fails to so much as mention it as one of the bugs getting fixes despite the number of forum posts bringing it up.
Lord hood and prophet of regret leader pls.
<p>If they release new leaders I will instantly buy all of them.
I wish for a flood leader. We are asking for since Halo Wars 1. But eh! I am happy with anything. I am amazed that I am still playing this game after two years.
Did people read a different January post than me? I am expecting a new map, one - if we're lucky maybe two. If we are really lucky maybe one new unit for UNSC/Banished. I am not expecting a full DLC with a new leader or campaign. The most ambitious thing that could be brought out imo is playable flood (because all of the assets exist already) but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Oh god yes, a "random map" option for custom games would also be amazing.
On top of a couple new maps, like everyone else has said. How about bringing back the Elephant Unit as a unit for Captain Cutter, like he had in Halo Wars 1. Considering he doesn't really have anything special about him like other Captains.

Jerome is awesome, but he is also leader, and can also be on the field with his Omega Team when you choose him as a leader, on top of having the Mastadon AND command mantis.

Another example... Johnson has bunkers, and himself, as well as Mech units. What does Cutter really have? Give him the Elephant back from Halo Wars 1. Require the user to use a Leader Point to unlock it at his base. Level 2 base required to build it. Allow him to build a couple more ODST units out of the Elephant on top of regular Marines, while the long recharge time for the ODST recharges.

Captain Cutter is seriously lacking unit types compared to other leaders. And the Elephant was the perfect unit for him and his ODST
On top of a couple new maps, like everyone else has said. How about bringing back the Elephant Unit as a unit for Captain Cutter, like he had in Halo Wars 1. Considering he doesn't really have anything special about him like other Captains.

Jerome is awesome, but he is also leader, and can also be on the field with his Omega Team when you choose him as a leader, on top of having the Mastadon AND command mantis.

Another example... Johnson has bunkers, and himself, as well as Mech units. What does Cutter really have? Give him the Elephant back from Halo Wars 1. Require the user to use a Leader Point to unlock it at his base. Level 2 base required to build it. Allow him to build a couple more ODST units out of the Elephant on top of regular Marines, while the long recharge time for the ODST recharges.

Captain Cutter is seriously lacking unit types compared to other leaders. And the Elephant was the perfect unit for him and his ODST
Adding elephants would be pretty cool, Makes no sense as to why he didn't have them. Did they just magically disappear?

Also, ODST, I don't mind them staying as a leader power because they suck and the only thing I think they are good for is dropping them on enemy units to stun them.
Does the model exist in HW2? I don't recall seeing one. Also the Elephant is a big model with lots of animations. Then there's the issue of a moving structure/factory which also doesn't exist currently? Closest thing would the Lich but the portal doesn't actually move. All fun programming problems to be solved before it's implementation. Not to mention the balancing that would need to go into a unit like that. Brings some serious strategy changes. Damn it would be cool to have the Elephant in the game.
Well, I'd love to see LAN/Offline LAN added.

At the very least I'd like to see the Halo 5 Guardians Local Server App updated to support all 343i Halo games, for local co-op/multi-player modes. Especially when a native LAN update is off the table. HW:DE, HW2, H:SA co-op mode.

Also, I'd just like to say I really enjoyed the look, and atmosphere of the Halo Wars 2 tutorial levels. Taking place inside the SoF and seeing scarce equipment from the first HW in the background.
Someone can tell me where can I find those Flood artworks I have seen in BtC channel latest youtube video intro? Thanks in advance
4. A fix for the Saves Glitch. None of the above will matter if that accursed Saves Glitch isn't dealt with. Losing all your progress & unlockables ISN'T FUN, yet after all these years the problem still has not been dealt with. Even this latest patch fails to so much as mention it as one of the bugs getting fixes despite the number of forum posts bringing it up.
343 have talked about this before. They do have it on their radar, but it's not a straight forward thing to fix.
Add a Snow Map
Make Sgt. Johnson's Super Unit a Scarab instead of Condor
Change Cutter's Hero Unit to the Elephant.
Mouse & Keyboard Support for Xbox One
How about finally giving Cutter a new hero, like the spearbreaker squad? so we don't have 2 Jeromes?
PurpleMagi wrote:
A Vampire unit addition power
“Then the Vampires were thrown into the lake of imbalance. This is the second death- the lake of imbalance.”

rev 20:14
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6