OP TBE Reek

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
This is a wishful item rather than a realistic one and its more campaign appropriate which makes it even more unrealistic.

I love HW2 but one disheartening aspect was that visually, it didn't remind me of the Ark from Halo 3. I felt playing on the Ark mission map for. Halo 3 from a HW2 perspective would have been an awesome throwback, even including the wrecked Spartan in the landscape.

I do realize the Ark is immense and the game was not meant to retrace Halo 3, it just seemed that map in particular would have been awesome to play in rts.

Cheers,
Brad
NxtDutch wrote:
On top of a couple new maps, like everyone else has said. How about bringing back the Elephant Unit as a unit for Captain Cutter, like he had in Halo Wars 1. Considering he doesn't really have anything special about him like other Captains.

Jerome is awesome, but he is also leader, and can also be on the field with his Omega Team when you choose him as a leader, on top of having the Mastadon AND command mantis.

Another example... Johnson has bunkers, and himself, as well as Mech units. What does Cutter really have? Give him the Elephant back from Halo Wars 1. Require the user to use a Leader Point to unlock it at his base. Level 2 base required to build it. Allow him to build a couple more ODST units out of the Elephant on top of regular Marines, while the long recharge time for the ODST recharges.

Captain Cutter is seriously lacking unit types compared to other leaders. And the Elephant was the perfect unit for him and his ODST
Adding elephants would be pretty cool, Makes no sense as to why he didn't have them. Did they just magically disappear?

Also, ODST, I don't mind them staying as a leader power because they suck and the only thing I think they are good for is dropping them on enemy units to stun them.
That's an odd aspect to HW2 that has me scratching my head. Spirit of Fire was drifting for the most part after the first game, where's the equipment we were originally working with?

This more of a more discussion for another thread, but I'm throwing my two cents out there.

Cheers,
Brad
NxtDutch wrote:
On top of a couple new maps, like everyone else has said. How about bringing back the Elephant Unit as a unit for Captain Cutter, like he had in Halo Wars 1. Considering he doesn't really have anything special about him like other Captains.

Jerome is awesome, but he is also leader, and can also be on the field with his Omega Team when you choose him as a leader, on top of having the Mastadon AND command mantis.

Another example... Johnson has bunkers, and himself, as well as Mech units. What does Cutter really have? Give him the Elephant back from Halo Wars 1. Require the user to use a Leader Point to unlock it at his base. Level 2 base required to build it. Allow him to build a couple more ODST units out of the Elephant on top of regular Marines, while the long recharge time for the ODST recharges.

Captain Cutter is seriously lacking unit types compared to other leaders. And the Elephant was the perfect unit for him and his ODST
Adding elephants would be pretty cool, Makes no sense as to why he didn't have them. Did they just magically disappear?

Also, ODST, I don't mind them staying as a leader power because they suck and the only thing I think they are good for is dropping them on enemy units to stun them.
They do good base damage too. They are good in ones not 3s because there are multiple armies on the map but I think cutter should have the option of making ODST and upgrading them
in his barracks he’s the only leader who can’t make his building killers.
Maybe give the ODST drop some vet and nerf them a bit but I would like to make ODST in barracks and have an option to upgrade them every leader has an option to upgrade their building killers

Also for the guy that said he wanted elephants to come back for cutter imo giving almost every unsc pelican transport would be a lot better unsc don’t have that option of transportation like banished do on top of that banished teleport can actually be used in combat and it’s quite effective if your fast enough.
hiving them a cheap and cost effective way of saving their army or leader who has vet
First off, let me say that the maps in HW1 were far superior to the ones in 2. Not only that, but there were nearly three times as many maps. The main reason is due to every map in HW1 being very unique and different. Like terminal moraine having light bridges or repository having a sentinal factory. HW2 maps are bland and the only one I really like is Rift. Rift maintains a simplistic design and (although while having no unique features) is very pleasing for the eyes. The return of old maps or at least new more unique maps would be amazing.

Secondly, I think having a third faction (preferably the flood) would add a whole new aspect to the game. I doubt it would be that hard to make either, they already have all the assets and voice lines would mostly consist of roaring and gargling. I have played some mods for HW1 that allow flood to be playable and I think they do an excellent job at keeping same game mechanics while still adding something entirely new.

Honestly, I’m not a game designer so I have now idea how difficult it is to implement these into HW2. But I think they would certainly make the game more playable and possibly attract more players. These may seem a little bit of a stretch but I think it’ll pay off, for everyone.

-Arkham
A Forerunner Leader with new structures, who has units like sentinels and prometheans, maybe a guardian as superunit.
What I would like to see in HW2 is:
-Prophet of regret/Jackal leader (always wanted to see more of them in action)
-the flood as a leader
-Prometheans as a new faction or use a new UNSC leader (like anders) that uses foerunner tech.
we can have the soldiers, knights, crawlers, the phaeton as a new vehicle or you can even create new vehicles for the prometheans to use.
-The Elephant is a pretty neat unit to add, hell, since 343i is behind all of this, you can even add the mammoth as a uber unit for an UNSC leader
-New maps. in halo 3 there was snow in the ark, so we know HW2 takes place in the ark, why not add maps with snow?
-Just like HW1 there were rebels or sentinels or floods defending a base, i would like to see that in HW2! it adds tension in the match

Edit:
I completely forgot about the possibilities of adding warden eternal or even the didact! (one of them being the leader and the other the hero unit) alongside with the guardians as a uber unit
TBE Reek wrote:
As with the January 29,2019 update something interesting came up and I quote from the last two paragraphs.

“One thing we have learned while working on Halo Wars 2 is that the community is full of passionate individuals who are highly competitive. Last year we saw the Halo Wars Championship League run several seasons of tournaments which were highly successful. One piece of feedback that has stuck with us was that players wanted more content for Halo Wars 2. We have heard this and Wrensi, who has been quoted many times of saying “I went to art school,” has been working on something behind the scenes for the Halo Wars 2 community. He and the team can’t wait to show off what they have been working on later this year.
If you have feedback on these changes or other things you want to see come to Halo Wars 2, please visit the forums and let us know! Thank you for playing and we look forward to more awesomeness to come this year for Halo Wars 2!”

as far as content goes id be content I’d really appreciate only a few maps like 2 or 3 and please a random map generator for customs. That would make my day.

ive made this for the community to discuss what content would be most appreciated. So 343 could get an idea of what the community wants.

Thanks 343 for the continued support of Halo wars 2
For new content im sure is finish Because
Halo Infinite is preparing to the global launch
Weve all been crying for another faction, preferably flood since HW1. It was even slightly hinted at in the early E3 meeting, idk why it was so immediately discarded. It gets boring playing human vs covy every time.. no variety. Thats one of the reasons starcraft was so great, that extra variety.. also yes i know theyre called the banished but theyre really just covenant with fancy skins 😂

-Prometheans as a new faction or use a new UNSC leader (like anders) that uses foerunner tech.
we can have the soldiers, knights, crawlers, the phaeton as a new vehicle or you can even create new vehicles for the prometheans to use.

Edit:
I completely forgot about the possibilities of adding warden eternal or even the didact! (one of them being the leader and the other the hero unit) alongside with the guardians as a uber unit
We almost did get a Promethean faction at one point and there's artwork for it floating around the internet. Ultimately it was dropped in favor of bringing back the Flood.

Edit:
We almost did get a Promethean faction at one point and there's artwork for it floating around the internet. Ultimately it was dropped in favor of bringing back the Flood.
Realistically we wont see another faction in this game. Itd require too
many resources they just dont have and itd set the balancing issue back to the stone age.. as much as id love to see it, its just not realistic :(
I would LOVE if we could get some tweaks to control groups to make them a little less clunky. Specifically, I would like the option to assign a unit type to a direction on the D-pad as opposed to the current system where you assign specific units. This way when a unit dies you don't need to constantly create new control groups to include new units.

This would of course mean that we would lose the option to make control groups containing more than one unit type, so maybe adding an option in the menu to choose which way you want them to work would be the best way to implement this. Would anyone else like to see something like this added?
NxtDutch wrote:

I obviously agree... where are the Elephant's? I really enjoy Captain Cutter as a character and he was (In HW1) and is my primary Leader. But when you use other leader you realize that they have all of these unique units and Cutter has only the ODST, which are a little underpowered if you ask me. I'd slightly buff them.

So bring back the Elephant as it was in Halo Wars
I'm fine with the leader variety as it currently stands. Like everyone says, any number of maps would be appreciated greatly (*cough* especially if they were nostalgic HW1 maps *cough*).
I'm fine with the leader variety as it currently stands. Like everyone says, any number of maps would be appreciated greatly (*cough* especially if they were nostalgic HW1 maps *cough*).
Yeah maps are the priority now. Any new leaders would have to be for a third faction. I think we have enough for the current 2 factions.
You know, I wouldn't mind some new voices for units. That's a lot of new voice work, so how about letting us use the HW1 unit voices for applicable units?
Add a Snow Map
Make Sgt. Johnson's Super Unit a Scarab instead of Condor
Change Cutter's Hero Unit to the Elephant.
Mouse & Keyboard Support for Xbox One
I don't think the new Leaders people have been bringing up is likely at all. I hope I'm wrong. I think a story expansion is less likely.
Adding a Snow Map is even asking for a lot i think but it doesn't seem absurd. Making a new Hero Unit for Cutter would be neat and doable i think. Sgt. Johnson's fix is obviously very easy to do. And I think it is just strange that mouse and keyboard isn't already functioning for HW2. That should already be a thing.
Only thing I want would be more new maps. Actually different maps for the 3v3, 2v2, and 1v1 like with halo wars 1. Playing on the same map, just reduced, for each does get a bt dull at times. Perhaps as a bit of a bonus for one of the maps, have it be flood-controlled. Your empty areas have flood bases that will send units to attack both sides until they are cleared out.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Only thing I want would be more new maps. Actually different maps for the 3v3, 2v2, and 1v1 like with halo wars 1. Playing on the same map, just reduced, for each does get a bt dull at times. Perhaps as a bit of a bonus for one of the maps, have it be flood-controlled. Your empty areas have flood bases that will send units to attack both sides until they are cleared out.
I like the idea of them being flood controlled, but the thing would be that a good player could just farm the exp with his hero to have a demigod run around to destroy the opponent.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
I like the idea of them being flood controlled, but the thing would be that a good player could just farm the exp with his hero to have a demigod run around to destroy the opponent.
Fair point, I do recall the old days when that was a thing on Release. Perhaps buff the flood units to make them a match for hero units?
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Fair point, I do recall the old days when that was a thing on Release. Perhaps buff the flood units to make them a match for hero units?
Then early hero becomes the only viable strategy so you don't get aggro'd to death.
At this point, I'm not really sure adding the flood to maps is such a great idea.

Maybe if they were non-aggressive until you attacked? But that still has the easy exp hero problem.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6