2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6
PurpleMagi wrote:
I have compiled a short list of things that I personally would like to see in future content updates of halo wars 2. It is a pretty tall order tho. Agree or Disagree at will!
-The Prophet of Regret as a leader
-- Leader powers like Glassing beam, Teleport, Banished Raid, Extraction, Honor Guard Drop(like Decimus or omega team, dropping in one or three Honor guards respectively), A Vampire unit addition power(OR a flying scout sentinel that can attach to other units like skits), (Suggestions to add or take away from this list are highly appreciated)
-- a Prophet of regret Hero unit, keeping similar upgrades as the first game (Though I'm not sure about the third upgrade making him an air unit, in terms of balancing. Any suggestions for alternatives?)
  • "Blessed Immolation": Upgrades to fuel rod cannons for damage increase. Increase health and damage.
  • "Ancestral Perversion": Dual protector units hover near Prophet and defend him. Increase health and damage.
  • "Divine Absolution": Upgrades chair so the Prophet becomes a full-fledged air unit. Increase health and damage.
--Core infantry would be the elite version of the grunt squad
--Jackal sniper units instead of elite rangers as anti infantry
--Elite Enforcers
-Something like the Deathmatch game mode in the first game, where everything is unlocked and you have a lot of resources to start with(Yes, I know Strongholds exist but it isn't the same)
-More teams for more diverse custom games, like 2v2v2 or 4v2 or 1v1v4
-Classic Halo wars maps (Beasley's plateau, Chasms, Blood Gulch, Release, Fort Deen, Tundra, The Docks, Crevice, Pirth Outskirts, Labyrinth, Repository, Terminal Moraine, Frozen valley, Exile, Barrens, Memorial Basin, Blood River, Glacial Ravine). they could be released in map packs(similarly to leader packs) like "Harvest Map pack" or "Flood Map pack."
-Playable Flood.
-A new unsc leader that has cobras as a unique unit, maybe bring back the ODSTs from spearbreaker.
I definitely like all of these ideas. In regards to the Prophet of Regret, here are my additions/ suggestions:
-Unique Units: Needler Elites (from HW1 single-player) & Honor Guard Wraith (also from HW1). I'm not sure adding the Honor Guards themselves would work seeing as they're already the Shipmaster's Hero Unit. I do agree on giving Regret the Vampire & Jackal Snipers as unique units though.
-Prophet of Regret Hero Power: Can summon all three HW1 Protector Sentinel variants.
-Unique Features: Regret's forces & structures all come with classic HW1 skins & abilities (save those that debuted in HW2). For example, the Jet-Pack Brutes would use Brute Shots instead of Gravity Hammers and Suicide Grunts would regain their Plasma Pistols.
Speaking of new content, I made a wish-list post last year detailing the kind of things I'd like to see added to either Halo Wars 2 or a plausible Halo Wars 3. Here's the link if anyone's interested in checking it out. It's mostly a whole bunch of new Leaders with the occasional new maps thrown in for good measure.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/38bd6e2ebbb14e5b9b359bb029588800/topics/halo-wars-2-or-3-additions-wish-list/bb4211f4-c49f-4f8b-b0e5-92813d6561a1/posts?page=1#post10
Promethean leader.
(This is it Chief.)

Phaetons as core Air, (upgrade: Changes rapid fire cannon to continuous beam. Second upgrade: Adds hardlight pods that seek air units.)

The little flying Promethean VTOLs would be the support air, Y ability would be to attach to units and add a shield to block projectiles. (Upgrade: It can now heal others while being attached to completely different units.)

Warden Eternal or the Didact as a hero,
Preferably Warden. His basic would be the triple beam shot from his head, uses his sword up close and his Y would be the massive sphere he charges and fires from Halo 5.
(Y also comes with badass, "this is the end" sort of voice line when firing.)

Knights as anti vehicle infantry (Upgrade: Instead of firing one blast, they fire 5 shot lower damage bursts.)

Soldiers as core infantry, (Upgrade: Suppressor now fires explosive rounds. Second upgrade: They can occasionally Dodge incoming fire with their teleports.)

Soldiers with light rifles as anti infantry. (Upgrade: Changes light rifles to the forerunner beam sniper. Etc)

The pack of dog like creatures, (Name forgotten.)
would be the scouts/rush unit, like the jackrabbits.
(Upgrade: Adds one or two to the pack, etc)

Warthog like unit could be a small hovering vehicle with the explosive hardlight turret hovering on the back. (Upgrade: Faster and adds soldier clinging on to the side with Suppressor.) The soldier with the suppressor is also affected by the explosive bullet upgrade.

Maybe some sort of concept for a Promethean tank, maybe reverse engineered from UNSC or covenant designs with added Promethean tech and weaponry.

Maybe leader power is that massive sphere in halo 4 that kills people and converts them into Prometheans. Kills a certain amount of infantry and retrains them as a random assortment of soldiers, dogs and, knights.

Another leader power would be teleport with the usual very blinding space-time warp they do all the time.

Once again, another leader power could be a guardian warping in and applying a shield buff to a large area, or maybe something offensive, idk.

Another leader power would be a swarm of the little healing VTOLs flying around in a circle healing and applying a weak shield to every unit inside.
(You cannot add a shield to any unit who Is moved into the area after it has already been cast. However, it will still heal.)

Additions or changes are greatly appreciated, reply away!
Give us the Flood! And a flood map.
Promethean leader.(This is it Chief.)Phaetons as core Air, (upgrade: Changes rapid fire cannon to continuous beam. Second upgrade: Adds hardlight pods that seek air units.)

The little flying Promethean VTOLs would be the support air, Y ability would be to attach to units and add a shield to block projectiles. (Upgrade: It can now heal others while being attached to completely different units.)

Warden Eternal or the Didact as a hero,
Preferably Warden. His basic would be the triple beam shot from his head, uses his sword up close and his Y would be the massive sphere he charges and fires from Halo 5.
(Y also comes with badass, "this is the end" sort of voice line when firing.)

Knights as anti vehicle infantry (Upgrade: Instead of firing one blast, they fire 5 shot lower damage bursts.)

Soldiers as core infantry, (Upgrade: Suppressor now fires explosive rounds. Second upgrade: They can occasionally Dodge incoming fire with their teleports.)

Soldiers with light rifles as anti infantry. (Upgrade: Changes light rifles to the forerunner beam sniper. Etc)

The pack of dog like creatures, (Name forgotten.)
would be the scouts/rush unit, like the jackrabbits.
(Upgrade: Adds one or two to the pack, etc)

Warthog like unit could be a small hovering vehicle with the explosive hardlight turret hovering on the back. (Upgrade: Faster and adds soldier clinging on to the side with Suppressor.) The soldier with the suppressor is also affected by the explosive bullet upgrade.

Maybe some sort of concept for a Promethean tank, maybe reverse engineered from UNSC or covenant designs with added Promethean tech and weaponry.

Maybe leader power is that massive sphere in halo 4 that kills people and converts them into Prometheans. Kills a certain amount of infantry and retrains them as a random assortment of soldiers, dogs and, knights.

Another leader power would be teleport with the usual very blinding space-time warp they do all the time.

Once again, another leader power could be a guardian warping in and applying a shield buff to a large area, or maybe something offensive, idk.

Another leader power would be a swarm of the little healing VTOLs flying around in a circle healing and applying a weak shield to every unit inside.
(You cannot add a shield to any unit who Is moved into the area after it has already been cast. However, it will still heal.)

Additions or changes are greatly appreciated, reply away!
Make the Cryptum (the sphere you mentioned) a Super Unit akin to the Condor & Scarab. Also the Cryptum isn't what converts humans into Prometheans; that's the Composer. I recommend making the Composer a unique building/base defense for the Promethean Leader. There's also already a concept for a scrapped Forerunner Tank from Halo 2 so you'd only need to add a few minor Promethean details to it.
Also the VTOLs & dog-like creatures you mentioned are called Watchers & Crawlers respectively.
If we get a prophet leader they should make all his units shoot blue plasma bolts instead of red since he is covenant not banished (same could go with arby) .
With this new update, I hope it paves the way for ai in blitz and to add more time to the game.
We need two new leaders and units.
Personally, I dont think we need any new playable characters. It will throw much of the balance work out the window. What I would like to see is all the original halo wars 3v3 maps and some newer maps that challenge players to devise new strategies. For example what about a small 3v3 map where there is only one empty base slot and it sits in the middle of all players whose bases form a circle around it. Or a linear map where it is more rectangular in shape and you have a red base and a blue base on the front lines. Behind them is their allies base, followed by their final ally. Then you can have neutral bases all around the players. Another map idea might be where there are no power nodes, or maybe only one in the very center. Another map idea could be two separated lands divided by a chasm that only air units can cross, but the map has like 6 teleports allowing ground units to cross. Or a similar map that has a long narrow bridge dividing the two sides. Another map idea could be placing all bases equally spaced apart, but i stead of allies on either side of you, you have enemies. So it would go, red base, blue base, red base, blue base, etc all the way into a full circle. It would be neat to have levels on a halo ring, with different biomes. Snow, a cave, forrest, volcano, a cliff side, the beach, etc... Another idea for additinal map content could be a building that you can garrison marines into and it provides a massive shield for all allied units in the area, until the marines are killed. The map dividers from halo wars one on Fort Deen were pretty awesome. I'd love to see new power nodes but instead they would be supply nodes, cause why not? How about turret slots that arent attached to a base, similar to firefight? And while we are on that topic, how about taking all the cool new buildings from firefight and putting them into a new multiplayer map? Floor blades, barracades, etc... How about a map with no empty base slots? Instead, you have to destroy NPC bases like in halo wars one before getting the empty base?

I'd love to hear more map ideas too!
Personally, I dont think we need any new playable characters. It will throw much of the balance work out the window. What I would like to see is all the original halo wars 3v3 maps and some newer maps that challenge players to devise new strategies. For example what about a small 3v3 map where there is only one empty base slot and it sits in the middle of all players whose bases form a circle around it. Or a linear map where it is more rectangular in shape and you have a red base and a blue base on the front lines. Behind them is their allies base, followed by their final ally. Then you can have neutral bases all around the players. Another map idea might be where there are no power nodes, or maybe only one in the very center. Another map idea could be two separated lands divided by a chasm that only air units can cross, but the map has like 6 teleports allowing ground units to cross. Or a similar map that has a long narrow bridge dividing the two sides. Another map idea could be placing all bases equally spaced apart, but i stead of allies on either side of you, you have enemies. So it would go, red base, blue base, red base, blue base, etc all the way into a full circle. It would be neat to have levels on a halo ring, with different biomes. Snow, a cave, forrest, volcano, a cliff side, the beach, etc... Another idea for additinal map content could be a building that you can garrison marines into and it provides a massive shield for all allied units in the area, until the marines are killed. The map dividers from halo wars one on Fort Deen were pretty awesome. I'd love to see new power nodes but instead they would be supply nodes, cause why not? How about turret slots that arent attached to a base, similar to firefight? And while we are on that topic, how about taking all the cool new buildings from firefight and putting them into a new multiplayer map? Floor blades, barracades, etc... How about a map with no empty base slots? Instead, you have to destroy NPC bases like in halo wars one before getting the empty base?

Well then basically you're against having the cobra and elephant back in the game.
Well then basically you're against having the cobra and elephant back in the game.
The Cobra would be cool, but the Kodiak does basically the same thing.

The elephant was broken in HW1 and it wouldn't be much better now. Can you imagine going against Cutter, taking your mini bases so he can't make an early steal, then losing anyway because he parked a mobile barracks on your door?

I disagree that new Leaders would upset the game's balance but with 16 (8 for each side) already there, it may be best to focus on new maps & game modes instead. I do like the map ideas especially the return of NPC bases or "base-slot defenders" as I like to call them. It's way too easy to make new bases without a neutral enemy force already there to make things interesting. I'd also like to see an option added that does away with the whole blocking off of certain map areas when you're playing a 1-v-1 game on a 2-v-2 or 3-v-3 map; I'm not a fan of that at all and it feels completely unnecessary.

would love slots for walls, barricades near bases. Also more diversity, no more deserts, snow, oceans, urban with more garrisonable things...
Would it also be possible to change colors before game like in command and conquer 3 TW?
Since most of us are in agreement that we'd all like to see new maps over new Leaders, here are my ideas for some maps:
-High Charity: A Flood-based map. Base & Mini-base slots are covered by Cocooned Bases (which change depending on what side of the map a player is on and what their faction is) & Spore Mounds respectively which must be destroyed before new bases can be built. Forerunner Power Nodes are non-existent on the map, making it harder to gather energy. Off-map areas reveal several HW1-era Covenant & Flood structures. The center of map is inhabited by a Flood structure from the "Light the Fuse" AtN campaign mission that periodically spews out random Flood forms to attack both teams. Near each opposing base is a terminal that, when activated, unleashes an Abomination to attack the enemy's forces (or your own). Flood Blisters & Tentacles are scattered throughout the map.

-Spirit of Fire: The only UNSC-based map. This one would be the easiest to make since the in-game architecture for it already exists via the two training missions. Forerunner Power Nodes are replaced by garrison-able Generators. Building & Leader Power costs are slightly reduced for UNSC players. Scattered about are free turret slots. At certain off-map areas, you can see UNSC bases, turrets, and buildings from Halo Wars 1.

-Enduring Conviction: The only Banished-themed map based on the E3 trailer. Banished players get discounts on building & Leader Power costs. reduced-cost turret slots are scattered across the map. Forerunner Power Nodes are replaced by garrison-able Power Extractors. Base slots are covered by Sentinel Forts from Halo Wars 1.
Since most of us are in agreement that we'd all like to see new maps over new Leaders, here are my ideas for some maps:
-High Charity: A Flood-based map. Base & Mini-base slots are covered by Cocooned Bases (which change depending on what side of the map a player is on and what their faction is) & Spore Mounds respectively which must be destroyed before new bases can be built. Forerunner Power Nodes are non-existent on the map, making it harder to gather energy. Off-map areas reveal several HW1-era Covenant & Flood structures. The center of map is inhabited by a Flood structure from the "Light the Fuse" AtN campaign mission that periodically spews out random Flood forms to attack both teams. Near each opposing base is a terminal that, when activated, unleashes an Abomination to attack the enemy's forces (or your own). Flood Blisters & Tentacles are scattered throughout the map.

-Spirit of Fire: The only UNSC-based map. This one would be the easiest to make since the in-game architecture for it already exists via the two training missions. Forerunner Power Nodes are replaced by garrison-able Generators. Building & Leader Power costs are slightly reduced for UNSC players. Scattered about are free turret slots. At certain off-map areas, you can see UNSC bases, turrets, and buildings from Halo Wars 1.

-Enduring Conviction: The only Banished-themed map based on the E3 trailer. Banished players get discounts on building & Leader Power costs. reduced-cost turret slots are scattered across the map. Forerunner Power Nodes are replaced by garrison-able Power Extractors. Base slots are covered by Sentinel Forts from Halo Wars 1.
Not to ruin your parade but giving Factions a advantage on certain maps is the worst idea we got ever get, it'll heavily one side and become luck based in match making to wear if I get that map and I'm Atriox I have a huge advantage because I'm saving money.

Not to ruin your parade but giving Factions a advantage on certain maps is the worst idea we got ever get, it'll heavily one side and become luck based in match making to wear if I get that map and I'm Atriox I have a huge advantage because I'm saving money.
Yes that’s pretty bad I I just skimmed thru it the first time tbh. I liked the location ideas tho and different maps playing differently as in different machanics but giving some an edge because they are a certain faction is pretty bad and should never be adapted in any game

Nice maps.

Would like to see whether in hw2 or 3 playable flood even if in a FF against ai only.
Hope besides a new map we get a new leader.
Swerve LC wrote:

Yes that’s pretty bad I I just skimmed thru it the first time tbh. I liked the location ideas tho and different maps playing differently as in different machanics but giving some an edge because they are a certain faction is pretty bad and should never be adapted in any game
In hindsight I guess it wasn't the best idea I had giving certain factions advantages on certain maps. I just it would make sense to do that at the time.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6