Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

New game mode Free For All

OP God Rohan

Pretty much almost all RTS games have a free for all mode. I don't see any reason why not to have it in halo wars. Open the game mods up with a bit more variety. Doesn't even need to be ranked. A casual mode to see if you can come out on top. Just imagine the carnage of 6 people fighting it out to be number one!!! 🤤😍😍
I thought this would be fresh :)
It'd be great to have, but the maps aren't great for FFAs.
I'd love a FFA mode
I could see a 4v4 working on some 2v2 maps
Love this idea! 1v1v1v1v1v1 FTW
I would like that too but the thing is everyone would just be turtling
Would absolutely love it but we need more maps that are way bigger too
Best part? It would be impossible for shitheads to teammup cause their units will attack eachother.
Best part? It would be impossible for shitheads to teammup cause their units will attack eachother.
Still they could attack opposing sides of a base, and if one is the Arbiter, it could save an opponent's units from leader powers by using stasis. Be creative. There are alternate ways to help each other.
Agreed. I'd be open to a FFA mode if it had maps that were built for it.

Great idea, OP!
This is a great idea! This game could use some new modes
I hope that the new maps are suited for this, I also would like to see a King of the Hill mode, that's pretty classic on RTSs.
Maybe there could be a FFA variant similar to KOTH, where you have to control a central point in the center of the map. It could help if all players could only have one base and that they were invincible.
Or even add in 3 teams of 2 so 2v2v2.
I agree though sadly we would need maps for these modes and who's knows if that'll ever happen... Traditional RTS games have these I hope we'll get them. But it seems like a big ask. They have all these other maps for the other game modes, I feel like no one liked or even played them. The capture mode wasn't great in my opinion and strongholds is okay. But you just cant beat the simple old school modes.
God Rohan wrote:
Or even add in 3 teams of 2 so 2v2v2.
I agree though sadly we would need maps for these modes and who's knows if that'll ever happen... Traditional RTS games have these I hope we'll get them. But it seems like a big ask. They have all these other maps for the other game modes, I feel like no one liked or even played them. The capture mode wasn't great in my opinion and strongholds is okay. But you just cant beat the simple old school modes.
Yeah Red and Orange Vs Blue and Light Blue Vs. Green and Yellow

Then for FFA just remove one player from each team.

Red Vs Blue Vs Green
I would love that. They would have to create more maps, and I have a feeling 343 is not in the mood for making new maps.
That would be awesome. Plus if we have a map editor, there will be much more maps <3 also custom game mode needs to be re-made like in classic RTS
Great idea, too bad everyone would just team up on Solid HW every game
I am definitely in favor of this, but it would have to be unranked. Free-For-All in Halo Wars 2 could be more chaotic than Super Fiesta, which is saying something.