Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

New ideas for Terminus firefight

OP TJ sixtyfour

Hey guys I have been playing terminus firefight a lot lately again. I played a lot of this when it first came out and I am the #1 ranked player on Xbox one in 1vE since 10/31/17.
I came up with a few ideas to add replay ability since terminus firefight launch it has gotten no updates so here is a few ideas.
  1. Have like a load out class so how it works is you pick your leader with their hero and pick up to 10 leader powers from any leaders of the same faction like pick one from Atriox and pick a few from another Banished leader and like the UNSC as well pick one from Cutter and pick another one from another UNSC leader.
  2. Let us pick our bonus wave reward its what you get after beating a boss wave
  3. Direct air: the run killer wave. This ruins T.F. and defeats the purposes of tower defense so here are 2 ways to make this way less frustrating 1. greatly reduce the damage they do to the terminus when you have 35 Hornets/Banshees going straight towards the terminus with 400% HP and 300% damage it is next to impossible kill them all fast enough before they do massive damage to the terminus even when you have 15 3 star Reavers around the terminus they cannot kill them fast enough. 2. cut their numbers in half. I have have lost many games because of the this BS wave. Also one more thing make Shrouds be able to cloak the terminus the Nightingales can the Shrouds cannot.
  4. Be able to build both UNSC and Banished barricades regardless who you are playing as.
  5. Add DLC heroes and units to fight against its getting a little boring fighting the same units over and over.
So what do you guys think? Got any other ideas want to share? Let me know
6. Nerf Wave 5 Spartans. They have 2 Upgrades when the Banished have none which wreck the Terminus.
7. Custom LPs need restriction. No Wraith Limo, Phantom and Skitterers in the same wheel due to base restriction.
8. Make the Mode more "Survive until the Terminus is destroyed." and less "Survive until the Next UNSC Heavy Air or Direct Air."
Really they should add all dlc units into the mix right after like wave ... 15 which will give you enough time to be prepared
I'm going to name off ideas for maps for TFF(Even though I know they're done with maps and such for the game it is fun to imagine), if I were to name off things I want for the mode PLUS maps I'd reach the character limit really fast.

1. "Highrise": This map has rough terrain with hills and cliffs and ledges, making high ground/low ground a real factor. Like you could shoot down onto a path, or they could be shooting down at you. You have to play it strategically, mapping your route out as to make sure you have the advantage at all times over the AI.

2. "Tides": This map is set on a beach/sandy terrain. And with the map there are two variations that periodically change. With the high tide the water fills in the gaps and make a simple map of pathways and simple turns and such. But every now and then, maybe every 10 rounds it would come for 5 rounds, the tide goes away opening up a complex map, with the same layout as before, but with a second lower layer with complex turns, going under bridges of rocks and tunnels leading to random places only enemies could take.

3. "The Outbreak": Ok, so TFF was really created to fight the flood in a tower defense style game. And while that does happen other factions are thrown in. I don't mind it but I think it'd be cool to JUST fight the flood. So this map takes place in a map that has been overrun by the flood and you have to fight back and repel them. It is a simple map, like "The Last Bastion" but just flood-like.

4. "Bad Luck": This map is pretty punishing and I'll admit a tad bit outrageous so you may have a different opinion about it. This map is set in rough, rocky terrain with storm clouds and rain sometimes coming in and blocking your view.(Basically storm clouds and rain come in and wherever it is you can't see anything underneath it. Including your units and the enemies units.) But that's not where it ends. There is a second occurrence that comes randomly. The map has craters, about three to every lane, and randomly one of these craters will spit out a cloud of toxic gas that does damage at a moderate rate over time. Enemy units can go through it just fine but you can't. If your units die to the gas they become part of "the toxic fallen" where they then turn on your units.So kinda like the flood but they don't infect anything they kill, they just kill it. The cloud stays where it is blocking the lane off, and it sticks around for about 1-3 rounds.

5. "Lighten up": This map has barely any solid terrain. Just skinny, tall rocks with a flat base all scattered throughout the map and your home base/ terminus which is one solid platform. However, in-between these rocks there are light bridges, and a different set of light bridges turn on randomly. Creating different pathways. You'd have to be strategic with your army and their placement. As the pathway you wanted to take last round may not be open anymore, however, their will always be a pathway to your base from the enemy spawn.
The ability to turn off fog of war would be nice.

A “money” bonus round would be awesome where you just get a bunch of supplies and power
cool stuff
I'm going to name off ideas for maps for TFF(Even though I know they're done with maps and such for the game it is fun to imagine), if I were to name off things I want for the mode PLUS maps I'd reach the character limit really fast.

1. "Highrise": This map has rough terrain with hills and cliffs and ledges, making high ground/low ground a real factor. Like you could shoot down onto a path, or they could be shooting down at you. You have to play it strategically, mapping your route out as to make sure you have the advantage at all times over the AI.

2. "Tides": This map is set on a beach/sandy terrain. And with the map there are two variations that periodically change. With the high tide the water fills in the gaps and make a simple map of pathways and simple turns and such. But every now and then, maybe every 10 rounds it would come for 5 rounds, the tide goes away opening up a complex map, with the same layout as before, but with a second lower layer with complex turns, going under bridges of rocks and tunnels leading to random places only enemies could take.

3. "The Outbreak": Ok, so TFF was really created to fight the flood in a tower defense style game. And while that does happen other factions are thrown in. I don't mind it but I think it'd be cool to JUST fight the flood. So this map takes place in a map that has been overrun by the flood and you have to fight back and repel them. It is a simple map, like "The Last Bastion" but just flood-like.

4. "Bad Luck": This map is pretty punishing and I'll admit a tad bit outrageous so you may have a different opinion about it. This map is set in rough, rocky terrain with storm clouds and rain sometimes coming in and blocking your view.(Basically storm clouds and rain come in and wherever it is you can't see anything underneath it. Including your units and the enemies units.) But that's not where it ends. There is a second occurrence that comes randomly. The map has craters, about three to every lane, and randomly one of these craters will spit out a cloud of toxic gas that does damage at a moderate rate over time. Enemy units can go through it just fine but you can't. If your units die to the gas they become part of "the toxic fallen" where they then turn on your units.So kinda like the flood but they don't infect anything they kill, they just kill it. The cloud stays where it is blocking the lane off, and it sticks around for about 1-3 rounds.

5. "Lighten up": This map has barely any solid terrain. Just skinny, tall rocks with a flat base all scattered throughout the map and your home base/ terminus which is one solid platform. However, in-between these rocks there are light bridges, and a different set of light bridges turn on randomly. Creating different pathways. You'd have to be strategic with your army and their placement. As the pathway you wanted to take last round may not be open anymore, however, their will always be a pathway to your base from the enemy spawn.
if only pigs could fly
How bout when the Terminus is destroyed it blows up like an Eradication explosion?
And the game shouldn't end when the Terminus is destroyed, you should lose the leader power menu and they should start coming after your base.

I think nerfing Direct Air would be great, it ruins the purpose of the Gamemode
How bout when the Terminus is destroyed it blows up like an Eradication explosion?
And the game shouldn't end when the Terminus is destroyed, you should lose the leader power menu and they should start coming after your base.

What if specifically would gradually got stronger the longer you keep your aa alive no I don’t mean veterancy by a new mechanic that helps counter later air waves and (only for terminus fire fight )

What if specifically would gradually got stronger the longer you keep your aa alive no I don’t mean veterancy by a new mechanic that helps counter later air waves and (only for terminus fire fight )
Lol wut
I had a feeling someone would would get confused
More Ideas of mine.
- Make more Barricades for each side, especially ones that a side doesn't have like UNSC Barrels and Banished Electric Traps.
- How about Teleporter Nodes on each Certain sides on the map (Like minibases)? Sometimes, it's Impossible to help a teammate since you're out of Leader Powers, don't have/already used Teleport/Transport and your units are too slow. Put cooldowns per few units to balance it out.
- How about Supply and Power Nodes?
- Health Bonuses should be pickable even at Full Health, they give a Health Regen when damage is taken, not all the time.
- How about Buyable Blitz Upgrades? Like blast on Suicide Grunts? Rush would give a Speed Boost and Guard would give the Unit more HP and SP along with it's effect.
- An Infinite Waves Mode that makes enemies tougher way slower than usual.
- Difficulty filters on Match Finding. (Tired of always playing on Normal.)
- Make Reinforcements bypass Pop Cap or Cost no pop along while being temporary. Everyone sends them to die anyway.
- Make UNSC unable to be the first round, they are too strong. Either that or nerf their numbers (16 Warthogs/Jackrabbits/Wolverines on Wave 2 is flat-out unfair.)
- Direct Air is uther -Yoink-. Make them unaffected by Round Boosts or Nerf their Numbers.
- Remove Phoenix Missiles from AI, they are bound to ruin someone's army, economy and day. (Why are they the only unit besides Spartans that can use their Y Ability?)
- I'd approve of a Custom Leader wheel. If they make it to the game, make people able to check their teammate's.
- Fix the fact that some Ground Units can shoot Player Units even when they are behind their Barriers.
- Buff Barriers, they get deleted quickly on High Waves.
I like some of the ideas you guys thought of. There should be a endless wave mode. However to make it so you play for 2+ hours instead surviving until next UNSC Heavy or the BS Direct Air. Here is how this mode should be played with some original ideas that have I posted before and some new ones I came up with along with your ideas you guys thought of as well.
  • Have a load out class (like I mentioned at top how it could work)
  • AI cannot use their Y ability's
  • Remove Direct Air completely
  • Able to choose our bonus ware reward
  • 2 new bonus wave rewards like the Money reward could be very useful in the early game and another one I came up is a Revive reward that will revive one of the spirals (the towers) around the Terminus if destroyed
  • Able to build both Banished and UNSC barricades
  • Buff the barricades a little and can heal them faster
  • The first faction you face will always be the Forerunner after that its random what you face (UNSC are way too strong at the start of the game)
  • Add DLC heroes and units to fight
  • Make it that the AI units cannot attack the player units if they are behind a Barricade
  • Shrouds able to cloak to the Terminus (Really wish they could right now)
I like some of the ideas you guys thought of. There should be a endless wave mode. However to make it so you play for 2+ hours instead surviving until next UNSC Heavy or the BS Direct Air. Here is how this mode should be played with some original ideas that have I posted before and some new ones I came up with along with your ideas you guys thought of as well.
  • 2 new bonus wave rewards like the Money reward could be very useful in the early game and another one I came up is a Revive reward that will revive one of the spirals (the towers) around the Terminus if destroyed
  • The first faction you face will always be the Forerunner after that its random what you face (UNSC are way too strong at the start of the game)
  • Make it that the AI units cannot attack the player units if they are behind a Barricade
I respect your TFF prowess, but I feel these suggestions would just make TFF incredibly easy. I think it's safe to say that, for the most part, the only waves that are a threat are direct air and heavy air waves. Heavy air mostly because of the Vultures' phoenix missiles.

I like a lot of the suggestions but don't want it becoming too easy, ya know?
I respect your TFF prowess, but I feel these suggestions would just make TFF incredibly easy. I think it's safe to say that, for the most part, the only waves that are a threat are direct air and heavy air waves. Heavy air mostly because of the Vultures' phoenix missiles.

I like a lot of the suggestions but don't want it becoming too easy, ya know?
Well there is one idea I thought of adding that is the endless wave mode will always be set on Legendary difficulty.
I also don't want TFF to become easier I want it more on skill based than heavy luck based.
There could be 2 modes for TFF the normal mode what is now and the endless wave mode with the ideas
When I think about it.
The Custom Leader Wheel/Loadout would fix the fact that only a few leaders are viable.
If it gets included, let us choose our Hero depending on our faction. (Super Units are decided by the faction you chose.) Volatile Scarabs are accessible by having atleast a single Infusion related LP.
Hey guys I have been playing terminus firefight a lot lately again. I played a lot of this when it first came out and I am the #1 ranked player on Xbox one in 1vE since 10/31/17.
I came up with a few ideas to add replay ability since terminus firefight launch it has gotten no updates so here is a few ideas.
  1. Have like a load out class so how it works is you pick your leader with their hero and pick up to 10 leader powers from any leaders of the same faction like pick one from Atriox and pick a few from another Banished leader and like the UNSC as well pick one from Cutter and pick another one from another UNSC leader.
  2. Let us pick our bonus wave reward its what you get after beating a boss wave
  3. Direct air: the run killer wave. This ruins T.F. and defeats the purposes of tower defense so here are 2 ways to make this way less frustrating 1. greatly reduce the damage they do to the terminus when you have 35 Hornets/Banshees going straight towards the terminus with 400% HP and 300% damage it is next to impossible kill them all fast enough before they do massive damage to the terminus even when you have 15 3 star Reavers around the terminus they cannot kill them fast enough. 2. cut their numbers in half. I have have lost many games because of the this BS wave. Also one more thing make Shrouds be able to cloak the terminus the Nightingales can the Shrouds cannot.
  4. Be able to build both UNSC and Banished barricades regardless who you are playing as.
  5. Add DLC heroes and units to fight against its getting a little boring fighting the same units over and over.
So what do you guys think? Got any other ideas want to share? Let me kno
I think mass blisterback waves should lock down all over the map instead of B-lining it to the Terminus. Those things like the Vultures are just too freaking tanky!

However, if only 1 thing could be changed, then I would cast my vote for allowing shrouds to cloak the terminus!