Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

New Leader ideas?

OP Simply Marbles

Alrighty, so me and my friend had an idea about a new UNSC and a new Banished leader. We thought, "What other characters would make sense for this?" Well, Halo 4 had some interesting characters, Lasky and Jul. Both are experienced veterans and both are great leaders. I can already see the replies saying Jul is bad even though he never had a chance, so hush all of you haters. But anyways, here's our ideas for their units and some powers.
Lasky: Spartan IV's as an extra unit, bought by leader power. Sarah Palmer as his hero, with Fireteam Majestic as an extra power, like Cmdr. Jerome and Omega Team. Uber unit replacing the Condor would be the Mammoth. Strongest, yet slowest uber unit. It can lock down and use the cannon, which is extremely powerful. It can also train marines, hogs, and scorpions.
Jul: Grunt/Promethean squad. Two grunts, an elite and two crawlers to begin. Second upgrade adds grenade throw, final upgrade adds a Soldier to the squad. They cost more than Marines, but they're better. Promethean Knights are a unit purchased by a leader point, and are heavy anti infantry. Upgrades give them higher knight ranks. Rangers are replaced with sniper crawlers, and their upgrade gives them a sniper knight. His 12 'o clock power could be like Lich Vanguard, but it does much less damage, doesn't train units, and stuns vehicles with its EMP from Spartan Ops. Hero units are Jul and Gek . Gek has a sword and does more damage with more health, but Jul has better shields, faster, and can switch between a Sword and Carbine. (Give them an execution where they team up on another hero if they're both close enough please.) Air unit that replaces his shroud, because he don't need stealth: is the Phaeton. High damage and good health, but slower than Banshees and Hornets. Upgrade gives Phaeton Helios. Uber unit replacing the Scarab is the Kraken: More health, slower, great against air and infantry. Terrible against anything else. Special ability is to focus each gun on a single unit or building, doing massive damage.

These were our ideas, and I edited some of them to make them either more balanced or make more sense. I woul love to see these two in the game; as they're both amazing leaders and have special things about them.
Not bad! But I have a preference for the “”Banished”” leader:

Thel Vadam:
Hero: Himself, in his beautiful gold armor. Or Kaidon armor.
Leader powers, in no particular order:

Phantoms (Halo 2 style; passive)
Spirit Assault (Active)
Glassing Beam (Active)
Special Task Group (Usze, Rtas, and the other Elite from Halo 3’s splitscreen as a fireteam; kinda like Omega Squad; active. Maybe even add the Heretic leader, Sesa Refumee I think his name was.)
Wraith Drop (Active)
Silent Shadow (Unlocks the spec ops Elites from Headhunters; they also tried to kill Atriox a few times; Passive)
Assassin (passive; all enemy infantry and heroes take extra damage)
Cleansing (Active; basically just a random glassing pattern, not unlike what Decimus does to the base in the second or third mission)

I can’t think of any more.

Unit Changes:

Suicide grunts are replaced with Heretic Grunts; they just spam grenades.
Grunt Squads get Elites and active camo, like Shipmaster
The base is more like the classic Halo Wars design, or a more Sangheili inspired one.
Banshees have a (small) chance as appearing as either Heretic Banshees or classic banshees. A much larger chance of appearing as SoS Banshees.
Scarab is the classic Scarab. No shield, but much tougher armor and maybe has a familiar Sgt’s voice...
Rare dialogue from Grunt Squads; perhaps a reference from Stolt or the elite who tracked Chief on Installation 04?
i like your ideas but dont forget that halo wars series hasnt merged with the rest as far as story. so anything from 1,2,3,reach,4,5 wont be in the story line for Hwars. That being said id like to see a ODST Hero. Able to train ODST infantry like Cutter could in HW1 and have the hero be a infantry focused Hero. Have the warthogs be the transport warthogs from Halo 2 with marines and upgraded to ODST in the back. Serperate light inftantry from heavy infantry.
Ein17 wrote:
i like your ideas but dont forget that halo wars series hasnt merged with the rest as far as story. so anything from 1,2,3,reach,4,5 wont be in the story line for Hwars. That being said id like to see a ODST Hero. Able to train ODST infantry like Cutter could in HW1 and have the hero be a infantry focused Hero. Have the warthogs be the transport warthogs from Halo 2 with marines and upgraded to ODST in the back. Serperate light inftantry from heavy infantry.
I think they should have used the ODST from the campaign as cutters hero unit, not Jerome since Jerome is already a leader himself. That woulda been awesome. I do miss the elephant though!!