Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

New Map Design Idea

OP Simplicity177

So an idea for new map design I was thinking would be deployable things like you see in the new Spearbreaker campaign. That way map control would be an actual thing, it would function the same way base plots work with a timer after its destroyed and you would be able to place faction specific things like a turret/sensor tower or if you were banished a shield gen for a small area around it that you could place units in. Thoughts?
Love this idea
Man...we need more chokepoints and garrisons in good places. HW1 had it right with the map variety.
Yeah defendable chokepoints would be an excellent addition

they need to develop some sort of map editor and allow the community to develop maps then have like the top map of the week or something be added into rotation
would add great replay value to the game
Yeah we have talked about this in other map threads its a great idea but sadly not a new one.
T1g3rs65 wrote:
Yeah we have talked about this in other map threads its a great idea but sadly not a new one.
Sorry mate haven't seen it in the thread before but hey, if enough people start talking about it maybe it will eventually be added?
There should be map variety period, and this is another, small yet great way to do it!
Things that could differ the experience, rather than just having a snow map and some healing nodes.
(Although I really want a snow map!)
T1g3rs65 wrote:
Sorry mate haven't seen it in the thread before but hey, if enough people start talking about it maybe it will eventually be added?
Yep its definitely great to talk about it.
There should be map variety period, and this is another, small yet great way to do it!
Things that could differ the experience, rather than just having a snow map and some healing nodes.
(Although I really want a snow map!)
urban warfare!!!