Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

No one wants to play as the rebels?

OP Magichitmansean

I seen many people taking about playing as the flood and forunners by why not as the rebels I think it would be pretty cool also o think they had sniper unit in original halo wars so any thoughts?
I would love to play as the rebels it would be fun if not in the main game I would like it to be a dlc faction
The Rebels would be cool, the more playable factions in an RTS the better so long as everything remains balanced. That was the first game's only real gameplay problem, of the six factions (leaders) only two were really worth using.
I seen many people taking about playing as the flood and forunners by why not as the rebels I think it would be pretty cool also o think they had sniper unit in original halo wars so any thoughts?
I honestly see no point. You would essentially have the same basic thing as UNSC but probably less options. The only difference I could see happening would be suicide units and grunts already do that anyway.
Personally, I think a Halo based around the rebels would do much better as a spinoff game. Not part of the main series but in the same universe with a game of its own.
yeah but the snipers are basically flamethrowers with a different skin, however much I love em, truth hurts.

besides, turn em to snipers you don't get your anders' gremlin/flamethrower combo. I like a G-F ration of 1:2 personally. Ends up usually 20 flames and 10 gremlins although if you get up to 40 units its like 13 gremlins and 27 flames because if its 2:1 it would be 39 troops. My strategies are boring aren't they xD.

but yeah, cool thought, I never really thought of playing as rebels, their bases aren't too wholesome but I have some ideas.

base level 1: Just baracks, there you can train standard soldiers.
base level 2: That tent thing, where they can produce snipers
base level 3: The 4 turrets. All upgradable to flame mortar, rail gun etc.
base level 4: The fence. Which can turn into walls if upgraded. Initial wall costs say 200 supplies and price doubles on upgrade.

note the turrets can be made to sniper garrisons, all the turret upgrades will be available through a circle menu for each turret, the wall and base upgrades will be from barracks, and then from the tent is the sniper units which are Standard infantry transfered into snipers.

feel free to expand on my suggestion.
I personally don't see the appeal to playing as the rebels I mean you woudnt really have acces to powerful tech and even if you did the unsc would be most likely also using it.. maybe as a dlc skin for the UNSC fction
I could see this as a spinoff as a way to offer insight into the formation of the spartan program. But if this were the case, I don't seem them as much a playable unit but just an enemy that you could face.
meh. We still need the weak enemies to rob them of the land.
People say that the rebels would be the Unsc, But worse! They Have tons of varients we could use. They could replace flam throwers with suicide rebels yes. But think more about the Comander Points. They could focus around traps and guerrilla warfare. Have all rebel troopers have the spartan ability to hijack vehicles. Instead of jackrabbits have Trooper Hogs, And because the Troops can Hijack anything. You can choose what units get into the trooper hog. Replace Scorpions with an Armored vehicle. Air Units could be Pelican bombers and Older Human fighters. You could also impliment Covenant vehicles.
naw aliens r better
you already can, kinsano was an insurrectionist before joining the spirit of fire.
Instead of rebels, promethians would be better.
Check the original post date of this thread.