OP Wrensi

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
Hey everyone,

Here is a look at the next small patch coming out soon. Please leave feedback below and keep in mind that with the change to smaller patches more often not every issue will be addressed in every patch. Still looking to get issues called out in the September patch thread addressed in coming patches.

Thank you,
Wrensi
--------------------------------------------------------------
UNSC
Cyclops
  • Health Buffed by 6%
Hornets
  • Damage vs Anti-Air units reduced by 7%
Vultures
  • 10% Buff to Anti-Air missile DPS
  • 12% Buff to Main Cannon DPS
Banished
Cleansing Beam
  • Tier 3 damage nerfs on center ring by 7%
Blisterback
  • Artillery range increased by 13%.
Banshee
  • Damage vs Anti-Air units reduced by 7%
  • Damage vs T2 Vehicles increased by 9%
Johnson
  • Siege Turret drops now use the correct weapon type to match other Artillery.
  • Mantis Health buffed by 6% and Shield buffed by 8% to improve survivability.
Colony
  • Fixed an issue causing Teleport to be locked in Strongholds.
Decimus
  • Reduce effectiveness of boundless siphon on Grunts by 10%
Shipmaster
  • Spirit Support cost increased to 800/500
Anders
  • Sentinel Network
    • Moved back to a Tier 5 leader power.
  • Sentinel Synergy
    • Moved back to a Tier 4 Leader power.
  • Retriever Sentinel
    • Shield reduced by 15%
    • Overall Speed reduced
  • Protector Sentinel
    • Health Received from Sentinel Synergy buffed by 6%
Commander Jerome
  • Effectiveness of Inspire Aura reduced by 4%
Blitz
  • Spirit Support now correctly drops a squad of 3 Rangers
Could we please fix the UI radius vs Actual buff radius of Hell Charge? They are drastically different especially at level 3.

And give Isabel Pelican at the very least. Buff Wolverine Acceleration to 20.
I've been looking forward to this, with sentinal network going back to a tier 5 power , will it still retain the cost increase It got last time. And did you happen to fix combat tech marines so they can heal bunkers now?
EiTeNeR wrote:
Could we please fix the UI radius vs Actual buff radius of Hell Charge? They are drastically different especially at level 3.

Nah my idea for isabel is that they could buff the turret drop to emit a constant small aoe emp to lock down vehicles for the life span of the turret, would fit with her kit and help out in getting to lategame
EiTeNeR wrote:

Nah my idea for isabel is that they could buff the turret drop to emit a constant small aoe emp to lock down vehicles for the life span of the turret, would fit with her kit and help out in getting to lategame
She needs pelican
EiTeNeR wrote:
EiTeNeR wrote:

She needs pelican
Well if every tank sentric leader got a transport ability, it wouldn't be special anymore, plus shes the hacker / distraction leader , so just give her more ways to hack and distract
I've been looking forward to this, with sentinal network going back to a tier 5 power , will it still retain the cost increase It got last time. And did you happen to fix combat tech marines so they can heal bunkers now?
The cost was not changed with this patch, only the tiers on the radial. I can look into it after the patch if needed. Also, the combat tech marines healing bunkers got overlooked, will add it to the items being looked at for later patches.

Thanks for the reminder.
Wrensi wrote:
The cost was not changed with this patch, only the tiers on the radial. I can look into it after the patch if needed. Also, the combat tech marines healing bunkers got overlooked, will add it to the items being looked at for later patches.

Thanks for the reminder.
Thanks for the quick response, keep up the good work👍
So are anders spartan, jerome/mantis, deci drop, and T3 colony just never going to be looked at? With the Spartans mentioned you can literally wipe 50 pop of army at T2. I dont understand why these heroes were never changed. Like play as voridus on even terms in T2 vs anders for 5 mins of game testing and tell me the hero is still fine.
Please, Theres an issue when infantry is taking the power nodes, sometimes it takes too long until they finally start taking it, & theres some maps where is difficult to take sources for some kind of bug, in those cases the infantry dont recognize The Energy o supplies so i cant take those sources, u could help US a lot if u fix that, tk.

This post has been hidden.

Oh my eyes lit up I thought this patch was literally coming out today haha. Any estimate on when this patch drops exactly? Being labeled "October" I imagine it's coming within the next two days..

Also, looking forward to seeing how the vulture buff plays out. I really want those and the blisterback to fulfill a similar role to scorpions and wraiths but as is.. they're basically just Y abilities that take up unit cap. Considering their pitiful speed and fragility as well as high pop count, I'd love for them to have powerful main cannons.

Edit* Also also, please give the juicy numbers on the various reductions and buffs I'm seeing in these notes when you can.
EiTeNeR wrote:
EiTeNeR wrote:

She needs pelican
Well if every tank sentric leader got a transport ability, it wouldn't be special anymore, plus shes the hacker / distraction leader , so just give her more ways to hack and distract
The point is to balance the game. Forge and Johnson have pelican and Forge had two vehicle drops. They can move/place vehicles easier. Why does adding it to Isabel make it not special.

And they can't just create new leader powers. They would have to mash together existing things. Sure it sounds like a cool idea to give her another hacking power. But why does that mean no to pelican?
EiTeNeR wrote:
EiTeNeR wrote:
EiTeNeR wrote:

She needs pelican
The point is to balance the game. Forge and Johnson have pelican and Forge had two vehicle drops. They can move/place vehicles easier. Why does adding it to Isabel make it not special.

And they can't just create new leader powers. They would have to mash together existing things. Sure it sounds like a cool idea to give her another hacking power. But why does that mean no to pelican?
What would you have pelican replace then if they decided for it? Plus they could for the turret emp just let it cast a EMP mac blast but set it to a longer stun with zero damage
Jeff Kills wrote:
So are anders spartan, jerome/mantis, deci drop, and T3 colony just never going to be looked at? With the Spartans mentioned you can literally wipe 50 pop of army at T2. I dont understand why these heroes were never changed. Like play as voridus on even terms in T2 vs anders for 5 mins of game testing and tell me the hero is still fine.
What about troxy hero? He is OP too. He runs fast, deals lots of damage both directly and as AoE, ranged... Whats not to love about that? He even gets vet at an accelerated rate. He is not too tanky but he is reasonably so for his firepower and speed.
How much was the hornet and banshee nerfed exactly vs AA like was it 30%, 100%? Some numbers would be nice.
Great I love it.
Now can we talk about giving kinsanos flame wall cone a increase at tier 2?
The only concern I have is the buffing of Mantises for this patch. Johnson's Mantises to my knowledge are fine, not to mention this has been the second or third buff for those units and people who play as him sometimes build only Mantises which can work well when kiting your A-T units.

Thoughts for Anders are please reduce effectiveness of sentinal drops from artillery, it is cancer when three or four Kodiaks set up and bomb your AA units. Or make Kodiaks a tier 3 unit like Blistersbacks but something. Or every second shot spawns sentinal or more LPs points for the ability. Because fighting air is hard enough in 3v3 but artillery makes it impossible to keep up and counter. Only choice might be air but if you didn't invest from start the guy who did will win.

The rest i'll wait and see but reducing damage air does to AA is something that is in my mind helpful. Increasing survival vs. others things except counter unit should be considered along with damage or slightly better slash damage to air. When hornets and banshees are willing to fight it out with the counter unit there's a problem which still happens. As to how people debate but I am convinced that if you build AA you handicap yourself because to truly wipe out air you need many AA and power for upgrades whereas air requires bare minimum for power costs translating into out teching your opponents making AA obsoleted vs fully upgraded ball of air. Had a 3v3 game where 2 went air and other mantises needless to say counters were worthless because teching up was impossible due to constantly fighting off attacks and artillery that wrecked AA. I have to say artillery messed up this balance being the only unit to sit back and destroy your entire ground army. At least if your banished you get a mobile trophy system that intercepts shots, Unsc get no such system.
To conclude air still destroys counter. And artillery is powerful but coupled with sentinal drop it is crazy.
I had a little chuckle at another mantis buff, but hey, if it helps push his win percentage a bit higher then so be it. I’m pretty sure it’s only his early game at this point that needs investigating for some kind of help, unless I’m wrong. Perhaps just a reduction in y ability timer for Johnson, or maybe a small dps buff for his chain gun?

Appreciate the hornet nerf vs anti air.

Big request that I know a lot of people would like to see; can we get leader win/loss ratios again for the top 25% or 30% skill range? Those stats are extremely fascinating and help us all orient our suggestions to helping leader that actually need help. If Jerome for example is close to zero, it would really help hush the current outcry for his state of balance. No hard feelings though if it can’t be published right now though.
Thank you!
Still sick of jarome
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8